daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 29th, 2014, 10:11 PM   #1221
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Few renders of an ongoing construction works of Palanga town, road A13. All credits of photos goes to Lithuanian Road Administration: http://www.lakd.lt/lt.php/vpsp_proje...inkkelis/18634

Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:22 PM   #1222
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Is this going to be a dual carriageway?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #1223
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Is this going to be a dual carriageway?
No, it will be a single carriageway. The intersection, visible in photos, is junction of roads A13 and A12, which is being upgraded.
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #1224
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster View Post
No, it will be a single carriageway. The intersection, visible in photos, is junction of roads A13 and A12, which is being upgraded.
Junction with A11, not A12
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #1225
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Likes (Received): 1607

This is not a fresh info. However, I saw it nowhere on this forum. Yesterday I travelled from Vilnius to Daugavpils (LV). Between Utena and Zarasai, I lost an hour due to the repavement of the road. I also lost around 10 minutes just between Zarasai and the border with Latvia (notabene: only Latvians were working on this part of the road).
Today, I discovered a similar forum to SSC (some of you, Lithuanians from the forum, may already know it), and this is what I found out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romas View Post
Kadangi pradėtas remontuoti kelias A6/ E262 (~19 km ruožas nuo Antalieptės marių iki Zarasų ribos), apvažiuoti tą ruožą su 4-5 šviesoforais ir fūrų sukeltais dulkių debesimis galima keliu Nr. 5305. Jis visas buvo išasfaltuotas 2010 metais.

Kelias ilgesnis apie 7 km (40 km vietoje 33 km), bet neabejotinai bus sutaupyta laiko ir mašina neapdulkės.
Šį kelią jau susirado gudresni "fūrų" vairuotojai.

Važiuojant nuo Utenos į Zarasus:
- Daugailiuose (prie "Alaušos" degalinės) pasukti į kairę 178 keliu: "Antalipetė 9, Dusetos 19"
- Antalieptėje (iš karto už Šventosios tilto) pasukti į dešinę 5305 keliu: "Vencavai 9, Zarasai 31"
- Pasibaigus keliui (sankryža su 117 keliu) sukti į dešinę, Zarasų centras už 2 km

Važiuojant nuo Zarasų į Uteną:
- Miesto centrinėje Sėlių aikštėje važiuoti 117 keliu link Obelių - Rokiškio
- Už ~ 2 km posūkis į kairę 5305 kelias: "Vencavai 19"
- Antalieptėje sukti į kairę 178 keliu link Daugailių

Žemėlapio pagrindas: http://karte.zl.lv/
So guys, if you need to travel between Utena and Zarasai, just avoid the A6/E262 ... I will also try to post some pics I found on that forum, quoting them accordingly.

Personally, after that experience, I came back to Vilnius via Ignalina.

Been Drove Rode my bike Lived:
A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!
GROBIN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 01:05 PM   #1226
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

A6/E262 (LT)

Zarasai - Degučiai stretch
Quote:
Foto 2014.05
Pirmojo šviesoforo ruožas

Kartais matomumas artimas nuliui

A AND AUS B BIH BY CZ D E EST ET F FIN GB H HR I IL L LT LV MAL MC PL RI SGP SK SLO T TN USA UA YV

"Richtgeschwindigkeit" should be the default system in all EU motorways & expressways & lane indiscipline should be harshly fought! Down with radars on motorways!

SRC_100 liked this post

Last edited by GROBIN; September 14th, 2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: No image was visible
Old September 14th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #1227
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

I'm not going to post all the pics, but it looked pretty much like this ... Although in some stretches, the new asphalt was already on the ground

Quote:
Dar vienas šviesoforas

Visi skuba net per raudoną šviesą

Čia palaukėme žalios šviesos, kad nereikėtų važiuoti per dulkes

Šie metai tų namų gyventojams bus košmariški, ypač jei niekas nelaistys kelio

Dar vienas šviesoforas

SRC_100 liked this post
Old September 22nd, 2014, 12:32 AM   #1228
Gytaz

Likes (Received): 285

Driving (mostly) A4 road in Lithuania from Vilnius to Varėna.

MAP
Gytaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #1229
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gytaz View Post
Driving (mostly) A4 road in Lithuania from Vilnius to Varėna.

MAP
I know the part from Vilnius to Naujieji Valkininkai (where you turn to Alytus) by heart And I always complain about this section near Trakų Vokė (0:38), but also near Gariūnai - these traffic lights sometimes induce big traffic jams. There should be a bypass for these sections, or at leas a motorway-style crossroads.

I'm surprised with the number of trees without leaves. In Vilnius, it's not like that. This weekend I'm supposed to drive a bit out of the city, so we'll see ;

Old September 28th, 2014, 10:27 PM   #1230
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Dear Lithuanian forum members (this is for those who live in Vilnius)

What is happening in this specific place on Oslo gatvė, near the Lazdynai hospital (Lazdynų Ligoninė) ? Yesterday there were some roadworks, with temporary places to make a U-turn on both directions, but I found nowhere information why ... (sorry, the pics were of too bad quality to put them here)

Old September 28th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #1231
tomczu
The post is over there >

Likes (Received): 1141

The Erfurto viaduct is undergoing a renovation - as far as I know, that's supposed to be the reason for the aforementioned things.
tomczu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #1232
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Finally some great and official news from Lithuanian road administration, regarding Via Baltica reconstruction.
Regarding lakd.lt webpage they are publishing at the moment the first tender for modernizing of current 2x2 near Kaunas to a motorway standard. Works will take place in a stretch between 17,3 and 23,4 km (From a junction of A5 and national road 130) - pedestrian bridges, noise fences will be built, 1 level junctions will be removed. After finishing those works a current dual carriageway will receive motorway standard and additional 1,4 km of 2x2 will be built while building a second overpass via railway.

This year a tender for a stretch from 35,40 to 45,15 km will be published as well. Which means during year 2015 - 2016 period, additional 10 km of a motorway will be built.
Remaining stretches between Kaunas and Marijampolė are supposed to be finished by the end of 2017.

After 2017 road works shall start in Marijampolė - Polish border stretch. Some statistics about AADT. In a stretch Kaunas - Marijampolė the road has AADT f 13242, from which 40% are trucks and stretch Marijampolė - Polish border AADT is 8573, from which trucks are 60%.

So after good news one lovely pic from We love Lithuania facebook group. This is a end of 2nd stage of Wester bypass of Vilnius (junction with Pilaitė street).

Pansori, PovilD, mcarling, GROBIN, RipleyLV and 1 others liked this post

Last edited by Xmaster; September 30th, 2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old October 1st, 2014, 04:23 PM   #1233
PovilD
Naudotojas

First opened motorway stretch between Kaunas-Marijampole will be second Post-Soviet grade-seperated dual-carriegeway after expressway Šiauliai-Radviliškis (A9) and first Post-Soviet modern-standard motorway, opened in Lithuania and the Baltic States.

Pansori liked this post
Old October 1st, 2014, 09:38 PM   #1234
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PovilD View Post
First opened motorway stretch between Kaunas-Marijampole will be second Post-Soviet grade-seperated dual-carriegeway after expressway Šiauliai-Radviliškis (A9) and first Post-Soviet modern-standard motorway, opened in Lithuania and the Baltic States.
PovilD: technically the first post soviet motorway was A2 road between Ukmergė and Panevėžys, which was finished in 1998. However nor it has a motorway sign, technically with some 1 level U-turns it fails modern motorway standards in some stretches. So yes, regarding modern-standards Kaunas-Marijampolė will be the first one Post-Soviet motorway
Old October 1st, 2014, 10:04 PM   #1235
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
PovilD: technically the first post soviet motorway was A2 road between Ukmergė and Panevėžys, which was finished in 1998. However nor it has a motorway sign, technically with some 1 level U-turns it fails modern motorway standards in some stretches. So yes, regarding modern-standards Kaunas-Marijampolė will be the first one Post-Soviet motorway
I would rather like to see that stretch signed by 110 km/h (not even expressway) speed limit signs more than motorway-signed There are too much U-turns so why do we need to speed-up and drop speed every 5 km?

The stretch has low AADT - 6200 and there are very few conflict situations in U-turn junctions, caused by short distance between T-junction and U-turn (only about 150 m). The most efficient way would be to renovate those junctions by making bigger distances.(like about 300 m)
Old October 2nd, 2014, 08:32 AM   #1236
GROBIN
Conducteur infatigable

Quote:
Finally some great and official news from Lithuanian road administration, regarding Via Baltica reconstruction.
Regarding lakd.lt webpage they are publishing at the moment the first tender for modernizing of current 2x2 near Kaunas to a motorway standard. Works will take place in a stretch between 17,3 and 23,4 km (From a junction of A5 and national road 130) - pedestrian bridges, noise fences will be built, 1 level junctions will be removed. After finishing those works a current dual carriageway will receive motorway standard and additional 1,4 km of 2x2 will be built while building a second overpass via railway.

This year a tender for a stretch from 35,40 to 45,15 km will be published as well. Which means during year 2015 - 2016 period, additional 10 km of a motorway will be built.
Remaining stretches between Kaunas and Marijampolė are supposed to be finished by the end of 2017.

After 2017 road works shall start in Marijampolė - Polish border stretch. Some statistics about AADT. In a stretch Kaunas - Marijampolė the road has AADT f 13242, from which 40% are trucks and stretch Marijampolė - Polish border AADT is 8573, from which trucks are 60%.

So after good news one lovely pic from We love Lithuania facebook group. This is a end of 2nd stage of Wester bypass of Vilnius (junction with Pilaitė street).
Veeery close to where I live!

Quote:
I would rather like to see that stretch signed by 110 km/h (not even expressway) speed limit signs more than motorway-signed There are too much U-turns so why do we need to speed-up and drop speed every 5 km?

The stretch has low AADT - 6200 and there are very few conflict situations in U-turn junctions, caused by short distance between T-junction and U-turn (only about 150 m). The most efficient way would be to renovate those junctions by making bigger distances.(like about 300 m)
Very good point ! Are there any projects of upgrading that stretch to real-motorway standards?

Old October 2nd, 2014, 07:32 PM   #1237
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROBIN View Post
Very good point ! Are there any projects of upgrading that stretch to real-motorway standards?
Well, because is not dangerous road, it will not be upgraded in foreseeable future (according to LAKD question-answer thread).
Old October 2nd, 2014, 08:03 PM   #1238
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Quote:
Well, because is not dangerous road, it will not be upgraded in foreseeable future (according to LAKD question-answer thread).
Traffic volumes are pretty low, therefore investments are not highly demanded.
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #1239
PovilD
Naudotojas

New traffic code changes released and looks like that we are starting to switch from green motorway signage to blue . There will be no green signage after January 1, 2020 in Lithuania: all destination and motorway entrance/end signs will be blue.

Decision by government (Lithuanian only)

More new signs spoted:

Sign changes:
>>

>>

Blue motorway sign with green one:

Last edited by PovilD; October 11th, 2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old October 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #1240
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Quote:
New traffic code changes released and looks like that we are starting to switch from green motorway signage to blue . There will be no green signage after January 1, 2020 in Lithuania: all destination and motorway entrance/end signs will be blue.
Do you have a (Lithuanian) source for that? For example from the road authority? The legal text doesn't seem to specify it (it still shows green signs).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithuania, roads