daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 28th, 2015, 07:33 PM   #1321
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Lithuanian road administration says, that first works in Via Baltica (road A5) between Kaunas and Marijampolė will start in the second half of April. Works will be implemented in 5 km stretch (just after Kaunas) mostly upgrading current short 2x2 to a motorway standard. In summer a tender for an upgrade of 10 km stretch near Kazlų Rūda town shall be announced. They say that whole Kaunas - Marijampolė stretch is expected to be finished until 2017.

MichiH, makaveli6 liked this post

Last edited by Xmaster; March 28th, 2015 at 08:47 PM.
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:15 AM   #1322
Eunos
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster View Post
Lithuanian road administration says, that first works in Via Baltica (road A5) between Kaunas and Marijampolė will start in the second half of April. Works will be implemented in 5 km stretch (just after Kaunas) mostly upgrading current short 2x2 to a motorway standard. In summer a tender for an upgrade of 10 km stretch near Kazlų Rūda town shall be announced. They say that whole Kaunas - Marijampolė stretch is expected to be finished until 2017.
To be exact, a little over 6 km . And by the way, I think it is worth mentioning that even though that 6 km stretch will be upgraded to motorway standard, speed limit will not be raised to 130 km/h.

Kaunas - Marijampolė motorway by 2017 ? Can you give us a source for that ?
Eunos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #1323
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Yeah, that 5 km will be motorway standard, but will not get motorway status after reconstruction, because the side leading to Kaunas will stay the same, with lots of entrance roads. The stretch will be motorway, when the service roads will be in both sides of the road

The good thing, that the stretch will be more safe for pedestrians.

Last edited by PovilD; March 29th, 2015 at 12:25 AM.
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #1324
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
To be exact, a little over 6 km . And by the way, I think it is worth mentioning that even though that 6 km stretch will be upgraded to motorway standard, speed limit will not be raised to 130 km/h.

As I know, motorway will reach Kvietiškis by then. Marijampolė-Kvietiškis will be reconstructed later.
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:55 AM   #1325
Eunos
Lithuanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PovilD View Post
As I know, motorway will reach Kvietiškis by then. Marijampolė-Kvietiškis will be reconstructed later.
Are you sure ? Because according to lithuanian source, which I, unfortunately, can't post here because of too few posts from me (absurd......), there will be a 12 km "hole" between Mauručiai and Pinciškės/Grigaliūnai. According to that source the order of reconstruction should look like this:

first, 17,34 km - 23,40 km strech (works will start this spring), then 35,40 km - 45,15 km (tender will be announced this summer), then 45,15 km - 56,50 km (tender is supposed to be announced early next year), and only then the reconstruction of 23,40 - 35,40 strech will start.

Seems a bit odd, but I think it's due to the fact that land acquisition process is stuck in court and reconstruction can not start in Prienai district, the 23,40 - 35,40 stretch.
Old March 29th, 2015, 01:06 AM   #1326
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Are you sure ? Because according to lithuanian source, which I, unfortunately, can't post here because of too few posts from me (absurd......), there will be a 12 km "hole" between Mauručiai and Pinciškės/Grigaliūnai. According to that source the order of reconstruction should look like this:

first, 17,34 km - 23,40 km strech (works will start this spring), then 35,40 km - 45,15 km (tender will be announced this summer), then 45,15 km - 56,50 km (tender is supposed to be announced early next year), and only then the reconstruction of 23,40 - 35,40 strech will start.

Seems a bit odd, but I think it's due to the fact that land acquisition process is stuck in court and reconstruction can not start in Prienai district, the 23,40 - 35,40 stretch.
45,15-56,50 km? I though that Marijampolė has most of the problems with land and the 23,40 - 35,40 will be reconstructed instead (even saw schemes of that stretch) Oh well... Eunos, post a link to the source(s), when you reach enough posts
Old March 29th, 2015, 01:15 AM   #1327
Eunos
Lithuanian

Quote:
45,15-56,50 km? I though that Marijampolė has most of the problems with land and the 23,40 - 35,40 will be reconstructed instead (even saw schemes of that stretch) Oh well... Eunos, post a link to the source(s), when you reach enough posts
I saw the schemes aswell, but apparently reconstruction is stuck in court. If they are planning to announce tender early next year then probably they really have less issues in Marijampolė district. Some officials talked about problems with land in Prienai district not long ago.
Old March 29th, 2015, 01:22 AM   #1328
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
I saw the schemes aswell, but apparently reconstruction is stuck in court. If they are planning to announce tender early next year then probably they really have less issues in Marijampolė district. Some officials talked about land problems in Prienai district not long ago.
As I understood correctly, that means that by 2017, there will be countinous motorway stretch in Marijampolė municipality. (~20 km stretch)

Prohibiting to overtake vehicles in the remaining stretch would be good when the motorway will be finished It just some 10 km between two nice high standard dual-carriegeways +Not allowing slow vehicles to enter that stretch.

Last edited by PovilD; March 29th, 2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old March 29th, 2015, 01:46 AM   #1329
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Yeah, that 5 km will be motorway standard, but will not get motorway status after reconstruction, because the side leading to Kaunas will stay the same, with lots of entrance roads. The stretch will be motorway, when the service roads will be in both sides of the road

The good thing, that the stretch will be more safe for pedestrians.
They could not allow 130 km/h on one side and stay with lower limit (110 ?) on the Kaunas direction?
Old March 29th, 2015, 10:32 AM   #1330
Eunos
Lithuanian

Quote:
As I understood correctly, that means that by 2017, there will be countinous motorway stretch in Marijampolė municipality. (~20 km stretch)
Really doubt it, tender for 45,15-56,50 km strech shoud be announced early 2016, so reconstruction probably won't start before mid-2016. Can't see it being finished by 2017.

As far as I understand, by 2017, there will be two stretches finished, 17,34 km - 23,40 km and maybe, maybe 35,40 km - 45,15 km.
Old March 29th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #1331
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
They could not allow 130 km/h on one side and stay with lower limit (110 ?) on the Kaunas direction?
90 km/h in both sides
Old March 29th, 2015, 12:17 PM   #1332
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Quote:

It was written in vz.lt newspaper on Friday. The guy who was interviewed - Algis Žvaliauskas, vice-minister of Transport and Communications. Maybe he was a bit optimistic and could say, that it will be finished in 2017, not till 2017.
He said, that first works will start in April, in summer a tender for a stretch near Kazlų Rūda will be announced, in winter and next spring tenders will be announced for remaining stretches.
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2015, 03:13 PM   #1333
Eunos
Lithuanian

Quote:
It was written in vz.lt newspaper on Friday. The guy who was interviewed - Algis Žvaliauskas, vice-minister of Transport and Communications. Maybe he was a bit optimistic and could say, that it will be finished in 2017, not till 2017.
He said, that first works will start in April, in summer a tender for a stretch near Kazlų Rūda will be announced, in winter and next spring tenders will be announced for remaining stretches.
Well, in that case it might be possible to finish it in 2017 or by the end of the 2017, but I still doubt it, it looks a tad too optimistic.
Old March 30th, 2015, 09:57 PM   #1334
Eunos
Lithuanian

Some photos from A9 between Radviliškis and Šiauliai, which was reconstructed between 2009 and 2013.

2014 04 20.

So, here we go.

Turbo-roundabout in front. By the way, this specific turbo-roundabout is the first turbo-roundabout built in Lithuania back in 2011.

Leaving Radviliškis

Old March 30th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #1335
Eunos
Lithuanian

Railway viaduct

No hard shoulder

Start of expressway

Exit to Šniūraičiai

Old March 30th, 2015, 09:59 PM   #1336
Eunos
Lithuanian

This part was finished in the very begging of 2013

Bus stop on an expressway ? Not good....

Exit to Kairiai. One of three.

Old March 30th, 2015, 10:01 PM   #1337
Eunos
Lithuanian

Start of Kairiai bypass

Second exit to Kairiai

Old March 30th, 2015, 10:02 PM   #1338
Eunos
Lithuanian

Short straight

Old March 30th, 2015, 10:05 PM   #1339
Eunos
Lithuanian

End of expressway

Third exit to Kairiai.

End of bypass.

Old March 30th, 2015, 10:08 PM   #1340
Eunos
Lithuanian

Second turbo roundabout in front.

End of the road trip .

makaveli6, RipleyLV liked this post

Last edited by Eunos; March 30th, 2015 at 10:21 PM.

Tags
lithuania, roads