daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #1401
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

An overpass should cost between 1 and 2 million euro. A lot?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2015, 10:50 PM   #1402
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
So 3 would cost around 6 EURm. Does not seem to be lots of money, but they are now more useful in Via Baltica project
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #1403
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
With EU fundings such money is not a problem. Problem is that we have land salesment issue. Land salesments are expensive and need a lot amount of time Kaunas - Marijampolė could be a motorway today if the land salesments could went faster.
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #1404
Xmaster
Lithuanian

3rd stage of western bypass of Vilnius is going on pretty well.
Few pictures by Leduks from ************ forum

[IMG]http://www.************/forumas/picture.php?albumid=1845&pictureid=57658[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.************/forumas/picture.php?albumid=1845&pictureid=57672[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.************/forumas/picture.php?albumid=1845&pictureid=57677[/IMG]
Old September 18th, 2015, 12:40 PM   #1405
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by PovilD View Post
Another grade-seperated dual-carriegeway project is going on Klaipėda Southern bypass, expressway that will connect Port of Klaipėda and road 141. 141 will be reconstructed itself to expressway Lithuanian source: http://www.ve.lt/naujienos/klaipeda1...eliui-1392314/
Will the road feature 2 carriageways with each 2 lanes after completion? Will there be a median or minimum crash barrier in-between?

If yes, it'd like to add it to my list (like Mauruciai – Garliava)....

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #1406
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Will the road feature 2 carriageways with each 2 lanes after completion? Will there be a median or minimum crash barrier in-between?

If yes, it'd like to add it to my list (like Mauruciai – Garliava)....
2 carriegeways with 2 lanes and a guard rail inbetween and speed limit 120 km/h, like general S-road in Poland
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #1407
MichiH

Thanks. Do you have more detailed data for my list (lengths, construction begin/end etc.)?

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:21 PM   #1408
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Thanks. Do you have more detailed data for my list (lengths, construction begin/end etc.)?
Lenght: 4.58 km. Construction will begin in 2016 at earliest (2017 more likely) and would last for two years.
Old September 18th, 2015, 04:26 PM   #1409
PovilD
Naudotojas

Klaipėda region should construct 12 km of expressways by 2020 (Jakai-Dumpiai-Taikos pr. (Klaipėda)) And 13.3 km of expressways after 2020 (Kalotė-Vydmantai)

To sum up, Klaipėda region will have aprox. 25 km of new expressways.
Old September 18th, 2015, 05:43 PM   #1410
MichiH

Quote:
Lenght: 4.58 km. Construction will begin in 2016 at earliest (2017 more likely) and would last for two years.
Where is it located, here? Can you show me start and end location?

Quote:
Klaipėda region should construct 12 km of expressways by 2020 (Jakai-Dumpiai-Taikos pr. (Klaipėda))
4.58km b/n Taikos pr. and Dumpiai plus upgrade of road 141 b/n Jakai and Dumpiai (7.5km)? Can you show me start and end location? Will it just get a 2nd c/w or will the existing one be "relocated".

Will it get an A number?

Old September 18th, 2015, 08:02 PM   #1411
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Where is it located, here? Can you show me start and end location?
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=lt&lat=55...21.224642&z=15

A track of the planned road is visible from Google Satelite

Quote:
4.58km b/n Taikos pr. and Dumpiai plus upgrade of road 141 b/n Jakai and Dumpiai (7.5km)? Can you show me start and end location? Will it just get a 2nd c/w or will the existing one be "relocated".

Will it get an A number?
The existing 1+1 road from Jakai to Rimkai interchange will be widened to 2x2, grade-separated, access-controlled. To be honest, I didn't saw any projects about the stretch between Rimkai interchange and future Dumpiai interchange, I guess that turboroundabouts are possible. Turboroundabouts allows expressway status (that means that the road is not grade-separated anymore?

I don't heard any plans, but it should get A-road status as is important transit road for trucks. Maybe whole section between Jakai and Taikos pr. will get one A-road number, possibly A21.

MichiH liked this post
Old September 25th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #1412
PovilD
Naudotojas

Source (Lithuanian): http://kaunas.kasvyksta.lt/2015/09/2...usu-marsrutus/
Site: Petrašiūnai interchange http://wikimapia.org/#lang=lt&lat=54...24.052312&z=16

Looks like another big project will be going on after Žiežmariai and Molūvėnai in this substandard expressway between Kaunas and Vilnius

Due to growing bussinesses in nearby area, this junction will be reconstructed It will be made a full cloverleaf interchange, with collector-distributor lanes. Residential area of Martinava will have it's own underpass (as I understand correctly what the article and the picture above the article wants to say )

The planned Southeastern urban-expressway bypass of Kaunas will start/end here
Old September 25th, 2015, 10:17 PM   #1413
PovilD
Naudotojas

There will be just three places left where the speed will be restricted due to the potential pedestrian traffic. Those places currently are most substandard ones: near Jakštonys, Strošiūnai and Skirmantiškės. Reconstruction of those stretches near those localities will make Kaunas-Vilnius much more like Kaunas-Klaipėda

Btw, there are actual plans to make Kaunas-Vilnius an automagistralė (motorway) with speed limit 130 km/h (or even 140 km/h)
Old October 5th, 2015, 07:24 PM   #1414
Gytaz

Likes (Received): 285

Construction of the 3rd stage Vilnius western bypass:

Xmaster liked this post
Gytaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2015, 09:34 PM   #1415
Xmaster
Lithuanian

1) A contract was signed on 1st October for 5,6 km stretch of road no. 102 between Vilnius city and Nemenčinė town. Below is a map for this segment. The road will be reconstructed from 1x2 to 2x2 road, but no expressway standard. Cost are EUR 12.7m, duration of a contract 7 months (I would say that is really quick considering winter is not far away).

2) Some good pictures of Vilnius western bypass construction site.
Great bird-eye view posted by Soprano from ************

And on ground picture by ivilnius.lt (Source)
Old October 5th, 2015, 10:12 PM   #1416
Sentilj

Likes (Received): 24

Vilnius city and Nemenčinė town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster View Post
1) A contract was signed on 1st October for 5,6 km stretch of road no. 102 between Vilnius city and Nemenčinė town. Below is a map for this segment. The road will be reconstructed from 1x2 to 2x2 road, but no expressway standard. Cost are EUR 12.7m, duration of a contract 7 months (I would say that is really quick considering winter is not far away).
Xmaster thank you for info about new projects. Is that map correct? If I look at the map, I would expect widening to 2x2 on segment from Antakalnis to Miškonys, to prolong the existing 2x2. I can´t see any logic to make a short 1x2 gap between two 2x2 segments.
Sentilj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #1417
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentilj View Post
Xmaster thank you for info about new projects. Is that map correct? If I look at the map, I would expect widening to 2x2 on segment from Antakalnis to Miškonys, to prolong the existing 2x2. I can´t see any logic to make a short 1x2 gap between two 2x2 segments.
It is correct. The gap will exist for some years. Probably acquiring of land there is more difficult than in a stretch, which is going to be reconstructed now.
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2015, 04:33 AM   #1418
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

The 1x2 section of Road 102 has heavy traffic in both directions at some times of day, with long queues of cars backed up behind trucks and few opportunities to safely overtake. When the new 2x2 section will be completed, hopefully drivers will have patience during the short remaining section of 1x2 road.

From Nemencine to Pabrade, the traffic is much lighter.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #1419
PovilD
Naudotojas

Quote:
Well, Ia category road (this stretch after reconstruction) is a road with expressway characteristics, but has no expressway status, due the speed limit 90 km/h
Quote:
It is correct. The gap will exist for some years. Probably acquiring of land there is more difficult than in a stretch, which is going to be reconstructed now.
Each segments will be funded by different institutions. Current segment is funded by Lithuanian Road Administration, while the remaining gap will be funded by Vilnius City Municipality, which has to finnish other important projects in the city instead and due the financial problems

Last edited by PovilD; October 6th, 2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old October 15th, 2015, 01:27 PM   #1420
PovilD
Naudotojas

Kaunas-Vilnius will be rededicated to motorway

Source (Lithuanian): http://kaunas.kasvyksta.lt/2015/10/1...utomagistrale/

Article says:
It is planned that Kaunas-Vilnius expressway will become a full standard automagistralė (motorway), with maximum speed 130 km/h. Redidication project should cost about 35-40 mln euros, some of the price will be funded by EU. Project will include new pedestrian over/underpasses, acceleration/deceleration lanes after reconstruction will be longer, new lighting will be implied.

Electronic signage will also be implied. The aim is to make both in winter and summer, under the good conditions, the speed limit 130 km/h. If driving conditions are bad, the speed limit will be reduced. Drivers will also be warned for traffic accidents, congestions, works, etc.

Tags
lithuania, roads