daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 25th, 2017, 08:21 PM   #1581
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmaster View Post
Ground works started on A5 road motorway project.
A5: Kaunas - Marijampolė, from 35,40 to 45,15 km (May 2016 to December 2017) Map

Source
Quote:
In July 10 km of new motorway shall be opened in A5 road Kaunas-Marijampolė, segment from 35,40 to 45,15 km.
Quote:
Current status:
1. Red line - the segment is currently under construction and it is supposed to be finished by December 2017.
Back on the original schedule and no opening in July?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2017, 01:21 AM   #1582
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6909

As Xmaster pointed out we're lacking photo updates from what is the most important road project in Lithuania at the moment. Let's fix this

Construction on the first 11km stretch is in full swing and the new motorway is taking shape. This is what the entire U/C stretch pretty much looks like except where they've installed some Poland-style noise barriers (which look awesome! Sorry didn't take any photos there).

Photos/videos were taken yesterday at two different locations along the stretch.

A5/E67 Via Baltica

New viaduct

Another new viaduct

Note the American (?) military truck being transported by a commercial truck

And a video

Last edited by Pansori; May 26th, 2017 at 02:05 AM.
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 08:49 PM   #1583
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Likes (Received): 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
As Xmaster pointed out we're lacking photo updates from what is the most important road project in Lithuania at the moment. Let's fix this

Thanks a lot for a breaking the ice Pansori. Great visual update of this important road segment.

@MichiH - sorry for a confusion. According to last news, seems, that deadline for this segment is July 2017.

MichiH, Pansori liked this post
Xmaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:25 PM   #1584
Xmaster
Lithuanian

By the way - this week works shall start in another segment of Via Baltica. Half of Panevėžys bypass will be reconstructed from excisting 1+1 to 2+1. Also ~2 km will be reconstructed from 1+1 to 2+2. Deadline for works: July 2018.
Scheme:

Source of pic: http://www.panevezys.lt/lt/naujienos...soje-zj7c.html

belerophon liked this post
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:34 PM   #1585
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:

@MichiH - sorry for a confusion. According to last news, seems, that deadline for this segment is July 2017.
It looks about right. Notice the paint on the new surface in some places.
However they still have to do the connecting roads and the existing half of the road (hard shoulder and other little fixes). Either way can't wait for this to be finished.
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:39 PM   #1586
PovilD
Naudotojas

Likes (Received): 71

A5/E67: Planned junction with the road 189 (Skriaudžiai - Prienai):

Location: https://www.google.com/maps/@54.7256....683388,17.75z (junction in the picture is slightly rotated)

Last edited by PovilD; May 30th, 2017 at 10:52 PM.
PovilD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #1587
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

A5/E67 upgrade to motorway between Kaunas and Marijampolė.

Photos are ~2 weeks old.

1. I'll start with the reconstructed dual-carriageway after Garliava town in direction to Marijampolė.

2. This is one of two pedestrian overpasses on this segment before the motorway.

3. High noise barriers. And a U-turn ahead (see signs).

4. Second overpass in distance.

5. On the railway overpass. Green signs pre-installed.

6. Dual carriageway ends.

7. Same old classy A5. Works start after a few km.

8. 2nd carriageway construction and the first new overpass. Notice the speed bump (sign) before driving under the bridge.

9. Closer view.

10. Notice the fresh markings. 2 weeks have passed, maybe traffic has been directed onto the new lanes.

11. 2nd overpass.

13. Unusual sight here, at least for me.

14. New underpass.

16. Lithuanians went full Poland here.

17. End of works.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:43 PM   #1588
RipleyLV

Also something interesting I noticed on the A12 between Kelmė and Kryžkalnis. This road was reconstructed not long ago and they made a unusual approach when driving out of a populated place. The idea works, when there is a curved entrance made to slow down speed (for example Hungary), but, they made a curve even when driving out. Then I thought, maybe it has curves on both sides because of reckles drivers, since many might choose to drive into the opposite lane to avoid speed drops.

Maybe someone here has other thoughts about this.
Old June 19th, 2017, 10:08 PM   #1589
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Thanks RipleyLv for that sweet update. Great to see works in progress building a motorway standard road.
I have remembered your old photo update on A5/E67 road: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=185 . Good to see how the road after Garliava town changed after last reconstruction. Also it is great that finally a viaduct near Marijampolė, which you have photographed with a comment "Aha, a reserve!" will soon be used for a motorway segment construction.

About that engineering decision on A12 I see there is a junction (road to the right from your point of view and to the left for a traffic coming from a town), so I guess is that this approach was made, that drivers would be aware of the traffic turning into this road, therefore with this decision preventing the drivers from pedal to the metal after the town

Pansori, RipleyLV liked this post
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:19 PM   #1590
RipleyLV

Quote:
Thanks RipleyLv for that sweet update. Great to see works in progress building a motorway standard road.
I have remembered your old photo update on A5/E67 road: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=185 . Good to see how the road after Garliava town changed after last reconstruction. Also it is great that finally a viaduct near Marijampolė, which you have photographed with a comment "Aha, a reserve!" will soon be used for a motorway segment construction.
Thanks! Highly appreciate that You remembered my old post. I'm quite impressed how things got changed, not only the infrastructure quality, but pictures as well.

Quote:
About that engineering decision on A12 I see there is a junction (road to the right from your point of view and to the left for a traffic coming from a town), so I guess is that this approach was made, that drivers would be aware of the traffic turning into this road, therefore with this decision preventing the drivers from pedal to the metal after the town
Hmm, I actually did think of the same thought, but the reason why I lean more on the version above, because the road to the right is an access road to a private house. I did not think road builders would consider such approach in terms of safety.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 06:46 PM   #1591
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

A5: Sasnava – Gudeliai 9.8km (May 2016 to July 2017) – ? – map

Quote:
According to last news, seems, that deadline for this segment is July 2017.
Is there a chance that it will it be opened 2x2 next week?* If not, is there any info about the estimated opening date?

*I drove there 3 weeks ago and don't think that it might be opened very soon but I don't remember details. Sorry...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:44 PM   #1592
satanism

Likes (Received): 5489

Drove that segment on Friday. On about half of the lenght, southbound traffic was already in the western carriageway and northbound traffic was in the left lane of the east carriageway. They were removing the asphalt layers in the old (East) carriageway. There were still works ongoing in the western carriageway (the new one) towards the southern part of the segment. I don't think it will be opened by the end of July.They still need to redo the surface on the whole eastern carriageway. It is, however, very close to the end.Perhaps first half of august imho.
6. да управлява велосипед по площите, предназначени за движение само на пешеходци. Тази забрана не се отнася за децата велосипедисти.

Pansori, MichiH liked this post
satanism está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 11:52 PM   #1593
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satanism View Post
Drove that segment on Friday. On about half of the lenght, southbound traffic was already in the western carriageway and northbound traffic was in the left lane of the east carriageway. They were removing the asphalt layers in the old (East) carriageway. There were still works ongoing in the western carriageway (the new one) towards the southern part of the segment. I don't think it will be opened by the end of July.They still need to redo the surface on the whole eastern carriageway. It is, however, very close to the end.Perhaps first half of august imho.
According to today's quote from Lithuanian road administration, updated deadline for works is second half of August.
Old August 11th, 2017, 09:14 PM   #1594
Xmaster
Lithuanian

Good news for Friday. Today new contract for 2x2 motorway construction between Kaunas and Marijampolė was announced Its 11 km segment between 45,15 and 56,83 km (finishes just before Marijampolė).
Project estimate is 51mEUR. Contractor is joint venture of UAB „Fegda“ (atsakingas partneris), UAB „Lemminkainen Lietuva“ (partneris), Lemminkainen Infra OY (partneris), AB „Eurovia Lietuva“ (partneris), UAB „Tilsta“ (partneris) ir UAB „Hidrostatyba“ (partneris). The term for a contract is 9 months (like a baby )

Also one photo of soon to be opened 9 km segment of motorway:

Source:
http://lakd.lrv.lt/lt/naujienos/pasi...-kelio-pletros

Edit:
Here is a map of segment, for which a contract was signed

Last edited by Xmaster; August 11th, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old August 21st, 2017, 10:29 AM   #1595
RipleyLV

Sorry for no photos this time around, but as I returned home yesterday, the A5 motorway is opened for traffic in both directions, but with inner lane only though. Still some small works are made, for example, fence installation along the motorway.

Also, they are doing preperation works for the next segment to Marijampolė (posted above).

MichiH liked this post
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:14 PM   #1596
Xmaster
Lithuanian

News update

Via Baltica A5 road reconstruction between 35.4 and 45.15 km have finished. The only strange thing is that decided not to put motorway sign unless other parts are reconstructed.. So now we have for some time almost 10 km long 2x2 motorway standard segment with speed limit of 90 km/h

Few photos, which have been posted by Grybas in miestai . net forum. (c) for him

On the other hand I'm glad, that works are going on in another segment, which will be reconstructed to 2x2 motorway. It is Kaunas - Marijampolė segment between 45.15 and 56.83 km (finishes just before Marijampolė)

Old September 19th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #1597
Pansori
planquadrat

Those must be the shiniest crash barriers in Europe at the moment!
Old September 20th, 2017, 01:59 AM   #1598
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

So many sound-barriers its like it is part of Poland again

Pansori, dugiPL, bleetz, RipleyLV liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #1599
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Are there plans to make the enlargement to motoeway standards from Marijampolė to the border with Poland?
Old September 20th, 2017, 03:52 PM   #1600
Pansori
planquadrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
So many sound-barriers its like it is part of Poland again
That's a good one

Tags
lithuania, roads