daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 13th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #521
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15915

March 12 by 探长

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #522
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

i do not see much change
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #523
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5171

I hope this one starts soon. Seems like it's on hold at the moment.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #524
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Fook that!
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #525
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAdrian View Post
Fook that!
sometimes i wish they had a like button on the board
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #526
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

is it on hold?
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #527
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAdrian View Post
Fook that!
Hahahah. I Fooking hope this gets built quickly because I love the render. Its basically making it so im going to have to go to Guangzhou if i visit china...Im damn jealous
hellrazor650 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #528
Shiruba
シルバ

Likes (Received): 28

No activity on that site for ages. They removed the green nets after the asian games, but nothing happened there since then.

现代化,中国欢迎你
Shiruba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #529
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiruba View Post
No activity on that site for ages. They removed the green nets after the asian games, but nothing happened there since then.
so sad...
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:25 AM   #530
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

Until a reliable source is confirmed from the contractors, this is just all negative speculation at the moment.
Myster E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:27 AM   #531
Shiruba
シルバ

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
October 1 by 罗生
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
March 12 by 探长
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster E View Post
Until a reliable source is confirmed from the contractors, this is just all negative speculation at the moment.
Call the way you like, but comparing these two pics make me call it "On Hold". I don't need to have any official news stating this.

There used to be huge activity down there, and all stopped in octobre because of the for the Asian games.

现代化,中国欢迎你
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:29 AM   #532
araujo.lcarlos
ego sum ​​ATHEUS

Likes (Received): 694

Wow...show!
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #533
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

any updates? I'd really like to know where those cranes went...
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #534
The seventh shape
Master of his domain

Likes (Received): 821

Maybe they just realized the city doesn't need the office space.
The seventh shape no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #535
Shiruba
シルバ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The seventh shape View Post
Maybe they just realized the city doesn't need the office space.
hmm... what you say could be a reason indeed. I am working in R&F Centre which has been completed a few years ago already and, although I haven't checked every single floor, I can tell from the lights I see from outside that the building has at very least 50% vacancy. West tower and its 400 meters will open very soon and has lots of office space. Zhujiang Tower, Pinnacle, Leatop Plazza and Bank of China will open within one or two years. There will be lots of office space to fill, and price over here is really expensive.

So will they need East Tower in 5 years? 5 years is far but to this day, I think that supply is far above demand.

现代化,中国欢迎你
Old April 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #536
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7EN0OR20110323

Quote:
By Kelvin Soh and Rachel Armstrong

HONG KONG/SINGAPORE, March 23 (Reuters) - Ping An's decision to sell $2.5 billion worth of new shares to a single investor with a short position in the company has triggered questions about its corporate governance and the ease with which Hong Kong-listed companies can make private share placements. Ping An , the world's No.2 insurer by market value, said on March 14 it would issue 272 million new shares at a 12.5 percent discount to Hong Kong billionaire Cheng Yu-tung, whose business interests range from selling jewellery through the Chow Tai Fook brand to real estate through New World Development .

The issue of new shares, representing 3.44 percent of the company's enlarged share capital, sparked anger among investors denied the opportunity to participate.

"We're getting a lot of negative feedback from our investor members, and even a lot of non-members on the Ping An deal," said Jamie Allen, secretary-general of the Asian Corporate Governance Association.

There is also confusion over why Ping An chose to place shares with just one investor who at the time of the placing simultaneously declared he had taken a short position in the company.

Cheng disclosed he had shorted 196 million shares in Ping An, which represents around 72 percent of the private placement, according to a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange.

Shareholder activist David Webb said he suspected it was possible there was more than one buyer in the trade as the deal was possibly too big for him alone. "Net of the short position in derivatives, he (Cheng) may only be a risk-taker for 76 million shares costing HK$5.43 billion," Webb wrote on his website. "That's more like his normal deal size." Cheng was ranked Hong Kong's fourth richest man in 2011 with a net worth of $9 billion, according to Forbes' annual table of billionaires. A $2.5 billion investment would suggest that he is putting over a quarter of his total net worth into a single company.

New World Development, which is headed by Cheng, did not immediately respond to calls and an email asking for a comment.

Ping An said that the reason they chose this placement method was because it allowed them to carry out the issue faster than if they had opted for a general issue.

"The offer price and the speed of implementation are two factors that the board of directors considered when deciding on the fundraising method," a Ping An spokeswoman said in an emailed response to Reuters.

That argument was not washing with many analysts. "It does seem strange why Ping An would choose to have a private placement to one investor when it is looking to raise such a big sum of money," said Ronald Wan, managing director at China Merchants Securities (Hong Kong). "That's something that smaller companies typically do because they may not be able to attract sufficient investor interest in their stock."

The share issue has also reopened the debate about Hong Kong Exchange's general mandate rule, which allowed Ping An to make the placement in this way. The rule lets companies ask investors for the right to issue new shares of up to 20 percent of its existing share capital provided they are not discounted by more than 20 percent.

Controlling shareholders normally vote in favour of the mandate as they expect the shares to be placed with them, even though the majority of investors are usually opposed as it denies them access to discounted share issues and dilutes their existing shareholdings. "The general mandate in Hong Kong is a real menace," said Chris Ruffle, the Shanghai-based portfolio manager for China and Taiwan at fund Martin Currie.
"I have a standing order with my custodian to vote against all general mandate proposals for companies I hold in Hong Kong."

Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing did recently review the rule but said in 2009 that it would make no changes as there was no general consensus on how it should be reformed.

And this is not the first time Ping An in particular has been criticised for offering new shares to a select few investors. In 2008, its 160 billion yuan failed fundraising was cited by the Chinese communist party's mouthpiece as the reason for a fall in the country's stock market. Ping An's Shanghai-listed A-shares have been trading at a discount to its Hong Kong-listed H-shares ever since, with many domestic fund managers privately expressing displeasure at the company and refusing to buy its shares. Its A-shares closed at 50.09 yuan on Tuesday, a discount of over 22 percent from its H-share. By comparison, Chinese stocks that are listed in both cities were trading at an average 1.45 percent premium in Shanghai compared to Hong Kong .

Ping An's Hong Kong shares have fallen about 6.2 percent since being suspended ahead of the deal, while the Hang Seng is down about 2 percent over the same period.

Goldman Sachs was the placement agent for the deal, while CICC Hong Kong advised the insurer. (Additional reporting by Denny Thomas in Hong Kong; Editing by Lincoln Feast)
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #537
lmpaul

Likes (Received): 1

a great pics when it accomplished in around 2015. from gaoloumi.com
http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...lter%3D2592000
lmpaul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #538
AUTOTHRILL
chill

Likes (Received): 1951

looks almost real! :0