daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > South India Projects > Karnataka

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.94 average.
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #641
Krishnamoorthy K
hazaron ke anna

Is it reserved for women?
Krishnamoorthy K no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 29th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #642
chetanvh08
chetan

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnamoorthy K View Post
Is it reserved for women?
No it is for general any one can get in
chetanvh08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #643
rsubbu.mdu

Likes (Received): 531

Hello Guys,

I spotted this bus in Badami bus stand, this is the first time i am seeing a bus of this livery. What type of service is this....(i can't read Kannada, hence the difficulty to identify)

Regards,
Subbu
rsubbu.mdu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #644
s.yogendra

Likes (Received): 46

its a NWKRTC Ordinary old Bus
s.yogendra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #645
catchshash

Likes (Received): 5

its the old bus of ksrtc..buses of this type are decommissioned except for a few of them..
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #646
s.yogendra

DHNS
Old March 30th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #647
kadri_007
Automobile Admirer

Likes (Received): 4

NWKRTC Sleeper Coach

Old March 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #648
s.yogendra

KSRTC to run additional services for Ugadi

Quote:
BANGALORE: In view of Ugadi festival, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) will operate 1,100 additional buses from April 1 to 3.

According to a KSRTC release, special buses will be exclusively operated from Kempegowda Bus Station to Dharmasthala, Kukke Subramanya, Shimoga, Hassan, Mangalore, Kundapur, Shringeri, Horanadu, Davangere, Hubli, Dharwad, Belgaum, Bijapur, Gokarna, Sirsi, Karwar, Raichur, Gulbarga, Bellary, Koppal, Yadgir, Bidar, Thirupati and other places.

Special buses going towards Mysore, Hunsur, Periyapatna and other places will depart from Mysore Road Satellite Bus Station and special buses except Volvo buses will be operated from Shanthinagar Bus Station to Madurai, Kumbakonam, Trichy and other places in Tamil Nadu.

Meanwhile, special buses will be operated from J.P. Nagar, Jayanagar 4 {+t} {+h} Block and 9 {+t} {+h} Block, Jalahalli Cross, Navarang (Rajajinagar), Malleswaram 18th Cross and Kengeri Satellite Town to Shimoga, Davangere, Tirupati, Managlore and other placed based on the traffic potential.

Special buses for passengers who have advance reservation will be operated from Mysore Road Satellite Bus Station towards north-west destinations (Hubli, Dharwad, Belgaum and other places) and north-east destinations (Gulbarga, Bellary, Raichur and others places). Buses with no advance reservation will be operated from Kempe Gowda Bus station. Facility to book computerised reservation tickets for the special buses have been provided. Passengers can book tickets online by logging in to www.ksrtc.in; Mobile booking can be done by sending SMS to 56767.

Details of the special operations will be available on the computerised advance reservation network and also on KSRTC website.

Hindu
Old March 30th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #649
dineshpkm

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsubbu.mdu View Post
Hello Guys,

I spotted this bus in Badami bus stand, this is the first time i am seeing a bus of this livery. What type of service is this....(i can't read Kannada, hence the difficulty to identify)

Regards,
Subbu
some vaahini. cant read it properly because the first word is something like vaaya
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:51 AM   #650
sharifyaseen
Yaseen Sharif

Likes (Received): 53

Vaayawya vaahini
sharifyaseen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:51 AM   #651
chetanvh08
chetan

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshpkm View Post
some vaahini. cant read it properly because the first word is something like vaaya
Hi dinesh u r little right it is vayavya vahini Bus it is old Bus of NWKRTC now a days this buses are maximum decommissioned only few left those buses are played maximun to to the villages near by Hubli-Dharwad and some of the buses body couches are been modified ill add pic of those bus in shortly
chetanvh08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:04 PM   #652
kadri_007
Automobile Admirer

A different looking KSRTC from Hassan Depot found in Majestic..

Old March 31st, 2011, 07:46 PM   #653
catchshash

Likes (Received): 5

the coach build is different in design.. chassis has a standard design..
Old March 31st, 2011, 08:49 PM   #654
s.yogendra

NWKRTC Bus

cc nwkrtc

Last edited by s.yogendra; March 31st, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM   #655
kadri_007
Automobile Admirer

Amazing pic..beautifully decorated.. What is this new "Raitha Mitra" (Farmers Friend) Service
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:55 PM   #656
s.yogendra

NWKRTC buses built at Hubli RWS.

cc Sunil Kumar

Last edited by s.yogendra; April 4th, 2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM   #657
s.yogendra

Outstanding LOOK

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

cc Sunil Kumar

Last edited by s.yogendra; April 4th, 2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:02 PM   #658
dineshpkm

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanvh08 View Post
Hi dinesh u r little right it is vayavya vahini Bus it is old Bus of NWKRTC now a days this buses are maximum decommissioned only few left those buses are played maximun to to the villages near by Hubli-Dharwad and some of the buses body couches are been modified ill add pic of those bus in shortly
Hi Friend i know to read and write Kannada. but since i havent read the word before, i could not read it properly due to the angle of the photo
Old April 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #659
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way

Likes (Received): 1924

KSRTC will equip traveller with handy info

Quote:
BANGALORE: Just landed at your holiday destination and all at sea? Need to get the logistics under control? Just open your KSRTC ticket envelope.

From details of where to stay, locations to board the local bus, fun spots and even medical centres, the envelope being readied by KSRTC is, indeed, a brochure full of information.

Taking the ease of travelling to a higher level, KSRTC has now decided to give its tickets along with an envelope detailing all the information a tourist needs. The front portion of the ticket will have at least three contact numbers listed in each of the categories of local transportation, accommodation, entertainment, medical and shopping hotspots at the port of call.

"To begin with, the service will be first introduced in big cities where KSRTC runs services. These are essential especially when one is travelling to a different state, as communication becomes the biggest hurdle. With this information in hand, passengers feel safe during their journey to an unknown place," KSRTC officials told Sunday Times of India.

This database will be prepared on the basis of assistance provided by private hospitals, shopping malls, lodges and entertainment hubs in the new destination. KSRTC is in talks with stakeholders in various places to build this database.

"With this, the ticket will also remain safe inside the envelope and the chances of losing one's ticket are low," officials said.

PLAY AS YOU TRAVEL

The inside cover of the ticket is designed in such a way that it has either a word building game or a crossword puzzle, that keeps the traveller engaged during the journey. "We also have plans to conduct contests based on the crossword, and give attractive prizes to the winners. But that is still in the pipeline," officials said.

Further, the envelope will also have a form in which the traveller has to fill in details, such as name, age, destination (both from and to), seat number, contact number, email id -- in case one loses the ticket, there is still hope of getting it back.

TOI

I Guess KSRTC must be the best Govt organisation to work with

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #660
s.yogendra

Government trying to destabilise NWKRTC
Hindu

Quote:
BANGALORE: The State Government is all set to continue the operation of private buses between Hubli and Dharwad much to the concern of the already ailing North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC).

A draft notification, that seeks to “save” the permits already issued to the private operator — Bendre Nagara Sarige — was issued on February 18, 2011. Not only has the KSRTC Staff and Workers Federation opposed the notification but also NWKRTC, which is the victim of government's move, has raised its voice against the notification.

“It is another step to weaken the state road transport corporations, particularly the NWKRTC which owes over Rs. 100 crore to its employees,” said federation general secretary H.V. Ananthasubba Rao. He said NWKRTC had been suffering a loss of Rs. 6 lakh every day due to Bendre Sarige's operations between Hubli and Dharwad.

The NWKRTC too has opposed this draft notification. The corporation has already filed its objections and presented its case before the Principal Secretary to Government (Transport Department), said Hemaraju, NWKRTC Managing Director. He claimed that there was no dearth for NWKRTC buses between the twin cities as 105 of its buses make over 2,000 trips a day and there was no need to supplement the requirement by a private operator.

Against MV Act

Bowing to the pressure of private bus operators, the Government in December 2003 ordered permitting operation of private buses within 20 km radius of every district headquarters, even if the district was under nationalised route, Mr. Rao alleged.

This was patently illegal and opposed to the Motor Vehicles Act. Bendre Sarige thus came into operation in Hubli-Dharwad. Though in 2006, the Government withdrew this policy, the permits already granted were allowed to be continued, Mr. Rao noted. Saving the permits is not in the interest of general public, but to protect the private operator, Mr. Rao alleged. Even before one and half years for the expiry of the permits, the RTO, Dharwad, had renewed these permits about three years ago.

Tags
ksrtc

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: