daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #341
manilyn17
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

[IMG]http://t3.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNdIAkO_bK32_FhGEulgwuqxtPCg7NYQ31qqtnAFO_AjfLu53q[/IMG]
manilyn17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #342
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikespiegel View Post
And more importantly: Why do you still use the AM band?
Answering a question asked two years ago here, but just because I feel like it (and someone else may have looked at the previous page and said, hey yeah what about that?).

AM is commonly used in North America. At this point, music stations are generally on FM - better sound quality - but AM is still full of things like news, talk and sports. One of the best things about AM is that the signals carry hundreds of miles (or more) at night. For that reason, certain strong stations are designated as "clear channel" stations and everyone who isn't has to go off the air at sunset so they don't interfere. Most radio in the US is local, so picking up distant AM stations means you're getting some other city's local news and talk shows and so on. I will occasionally play with the AM band when I'm driving at night just to see what I can get or for particular stations (like Radio-Canada, in French, from Toronto), and have listened to "my" baseball team, on its Philadelphia station, as far away as Columbus, Ohio. (And have picked up that station in the Chicago area, although not during baseball season.)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #343
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

AM is really a niche market in Europe, I'd say 1% or less.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #344
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

There are extremely few stations, right?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 07:11 AM   #345
Ocean Railroader
The Railroad Anomily

Likes (Received): 5

There is a road in West Virginia where you see a thing that looks like a large pot hole. The pot hole is only two feet from the side of the road in the dich of the road. But the catch is that when you walk up to the pot hole it is really a 60 foot deep cave opening pit. Where the pot hole is 60 feet straight down into a massive cave system.
Ocean Railroader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:17 PM   #346
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

This is crazy
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote