|December 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM||#1|
Images of cityscapes
Join Date: Feb 2003
Likes (Received): 1
San Francisco (part 5) / Coit Tower
All photos taken 10 November 2008.
The 210 feet / 64 meters tall Coit Tower stands atop Telegraph Hill. The observation tower was built in 1933 at bequest of Lillie Hitchcock Coit. The hall is decorated with murals made by artists who were working under federal employment programs during the Depression.
1. Starting at Washington Square Park.
3. Walking up Filbert Street.
4. View towards...
5. ...Financial District.
7. Looking at...
8. ...the Bay Bridge...
9. ...and on the left a cruiseship.
10. After climbing a few stairs we arrive at the tower where an elevator takes us up to the observation deck.
13. Skyline of Oakland behind the Bay Bridge.
15. The famous zigzag Lombard Street.
19. Ferry Building from 1898 and a part of the Financial District.
29. Top of the Coit Tower.
30. Let's go down the wooden Filbert Steps.
31. Napier Lane, a small side-alley of the Filbert Steps with several old wooden houses.
At the end of Filbert Steps is Levi's Plaza where you find the HQ of Levi's. So now you know what the initials S.F. are about on the pins and buttons of Levi's jeans. Part 2 has a picture of the Financial District from the Coit Tower, didn't want to repost it here.
San Francisco photos: part 1 | part 2 | part 3 | part 4 | part 5
Photo galleries: amazing urban
Last edited by cityskyscrapers; December 29th, 2008 at 07:46 PM.
|December 29th, 2008, 04:32 PM||#2|
Born in Baltimore
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Newberry, SC
Likes (Received): 51
You did a great job with those pix!
Man! I LOVE San Francisco!
San Francisco Rules My World!!!
Perfect city! Beautiful!
Baltimore, my hometown.
|December 30th, 2008, 08:31 AM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Coimbra / Lisboa
Likes (Received): 0
San Francisco is so charming... the city have some similitaries with the my wonderful Lisbon: hills, the bridge, mediterranean climate, until the earthquake that destroyed the two cities