daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #2481
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

I 1000% agree with you, skipping floors is pure nonsense
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #2482
Funkyskunk2
Registered User
 
Funkyskunk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 619
Likes (Received): 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varghedin View Post
Quick! Call Guinness! I make a claim to live in the building with the most floors in the world - a whooping 300 floors! Well, why not? The numbers are negligible!

I understand the point you are trying to make, Royal Rose, truly. Yes, the height would be the same, the view would be the same, the time in the elevator would be the same. But you still cannot claim to live in the 205th floor if your building only has 5 floors without lying through your teeth.
Then I assume no spires/false roofs for you?
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #2483
NYCD
Registered User
 
NYCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 462
Likes (Received): 1203

December 8th, 2011

(Pictures taken through a dirty window! SORRY! )




NYCD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #2484
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
 
desertpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ELP ~ ABQ
Posts: 55,648
Likes (Received): 53453


Awesome! Thanks!
__________________
We are floating in space...
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #2485
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,530
Likes (Received): 1034

3rd pic is unreal. Just imagine the untold thousands of unique perspectives in Manhattan that will never be available to the public. It truly is a 3 dimensional city.
__________________
Manhattan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1MySJoFl8&hd=1 (HD)
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #2486
Varghedin
Don't feed the vampire.
 
Varghedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bergen
Posts: 186
Likes (Received): 24

One57 is taller than the Equitable Building now. Very soon it will overtake One World Financial Center.

That looks like the view from 660 Park Avenue

Last edited by Varghedin; December 9th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Varghedin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #2487
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 5,459
Likes (Received): 5335

when is the scheduled start of cladding on the south (57th Street) facade?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #2488
rencharles
We will never forget
 
rencharles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 579
Likes (Received): 93

Currently, the building is to 44/45 floors.
I'm not sure, because the situation on the top floors so far constructed, the view is bad because of protective steel.
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #2489
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY
 
Skyscrapercitizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 33,052
Likes (Received): 5450

@ NYCD

Great pictures! These make me wanne be in NYC so badly...
__________________
Tower In My BackYard!
Skyscrapercitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2490
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by rencharles View Post
Currently, the building is to 44/45 floors.
I'm not sure, because the situation on the top floors so far constructed, the view is bad because of protective steel.
4 days ago when I made my latest diagram it was 41 floors tall. Now it might be maybe 42 floors but I need a photo from street level to be able to calculate that
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #2491
Hendycfc
Registered User
 
Hendycfc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rotterdam/Glasgow
Posts: 1,390
Likes (Received): 422

It seems to move up a floor every 3 days!
Hendycfc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #2492
Fabio1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 674
Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I 1000% agree with you, skipping floors is pure nonsense
It is absolutely a stupid and ridicolous thing. The 1 WTC will have 85 floors and not 108 !!!!
Fabio1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #2493
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendycfc View Post
It seems to move up a floor every 3 days!
That might be, it's moving up very quickly. I'll calculate the floor number again once I get a pic from the street
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #2494
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,530
Likes (Received): 1034

You guys seriously need to get over it, because not a single skyscraper in history has the actual advertised floor count.

Fun fact: the Empire State building only has 97 floors.
__________________
Manhattan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1MySJoFl8&hd=1 (HD)
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #2495
Ed007Toronto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 834
Likes (Received): 71

Many buildings have advertised fake floor numbers. Buildings advertised as 50 storeys in Toronto often only have 44 real floors. The number 13 and anything ending with 4 are missing (4 = bad luck for the Chinese).
__________________
Check out UrbanToronto
http://urbantoronto.ca/
http://skyrisecities.com/


MyMiniCity
http://ed007ville.myminicity.com/ind
Ed007Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #2496
Varghedin
Don't feed the vampire.
 
Varghedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bergen
Posts: 186
Likes (Received): 24

Lawl. Superstition is a great reason to be inconsistent and false. So is "Well everyone else does it!"
Varghedin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #2497
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,530
Likes (Received): 1034

What I don't understand is why you people care. It's literally a non-issue. If it bothers you enough to bitch about on an online forum you need to take a close look at your priorities.
__________________
Manhattan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1MySJoFl8&hd=1 (HD)
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #2498
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

I disagree with you. The purpose of a forum is discussion and that's what they're doing and I agree with them on the fake floor issue. Fake floor numbers are a total nonsense and I share their hatred for them
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #2499
WTCNewYork
Registered User
 
WTCNewYork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 505
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
You guys seriously need to get over it, because not a single skyscraper in history has the actual advertised floor count.
Doesn't the Sears tower actually have 108 floors though?
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #2500
germantower
i ♥ NY
 
germantower's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,454
Likes (Received): 1155

This thread is to discuss this buildings construction and not floor counting methods, skipped floors and the likes. Its always the same, some one starts such BS and it continues over at least two or three pages, i am sick of it. Also that kind of discussion has no point and value.Its just blah blah. Why do you think we do have mods who ask us to stay on topic and are tired of deleting posts? Def not because these posts adds value.
__________________
more SHoP less BIG
germantower no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
new york city, one57, residential, supertall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu