daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 6th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #5761
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post

I really don't, I just find it sad that a million dollar+ apartment has the architecture of a project building. And assuming that I get into a state school for grad school (which, with my current gpa, is looking like a very likely outcome), I'd be able to afford a place like this after a few years of saving.
There's a lot that can be said about One57, but your comment comparing it's architecture to project buildings makes no sense at all.

So you have good grades in school and it makes you think you'll automatically be able to afford a 40 million dollar apartment when you grow up? After a few years of saving?
Fun!
Save a million a year and send us a photo of your cool pad in 40 years! Hopefully it'll have better floor-plans than these...
generalscarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #5762
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

NYCD....very nice pics...
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #5763
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalscarr View Post
There's a lot that can be said about One57, but your comment comparing it's architecture to project buildings makes no sense at all.

So you have good grades in school and it makes you think you'll automatically be able to afford a 40 million dollar apartment when you grow up? After a few years of saving?
Fun!
Save a million a year and send us a photo of your cool pad in 40 years! Hopefully it'll have better floor-plans than these...
Last time I checked most apartments in One 57 were between 5 mil and 15... Financing a 6 million dollar apartment is nothing big for someone making more 20k a month.
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #5764
NYCrulz

Likes (Received): 2381

Not sure if these two've been posted? ... that show the bogged - down crane, thanks to Sandy

Stefan Jeremiah

image hosted on flickr

steveve#9
image hosted on flickr

http://www.jasonhawkes.com/blog/wp-c...awkes-5122.jpg

I'm sorry but I couldn't get better of posting this large-version, for the sake of clarity...
Cladding seems to have crept higher, again!

beanhead4529

image hosted on flickr
Old July 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #5765
generalscarr

Likes (Received): 428

Quote:

Last time I checked most apartments in One 57 were between 5 mil and 15... Financing a 6 million dollar apartment is nothing big for someone making more 20k a month.
Well - they're not between 5-15, but they prob have cheaper one beds close to 5M.
Check your numbers....also, your monthly maintenance would be 7-10k on top of your mortgage payment.
But I'm not gonna debate you any further on this, it's nice to have ambitions, no matter how unrealistic they are. Good luck
generalscarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #5766
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Awesome pics NYCD! Looks like they are finally starting with the lighting panels. Can't wait!
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #5767
McSky

Likes (Received): 1891

Quote:
Do you realize that borrowing $6 million at even 5% annual interest would cost $300,000 per year? So someone earning 20K per month would take home about 12K per month after taxes, and the interest at 5% would be 25K per month, not to mention the monthly maintenance fee, which would probably raise the total monthly housing bill to over 30K per month.

These apartments aren't for everyone.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #5768
th1
ambient

Likes (Received): 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post
Do you realize that borrowing $6 million at even 5% annual interest would cost $300,000 per year? So someone earning 20K per month would take home about 12K per month after taxes, and the interest at 5% would be 25K per month, not to mention the monthly maintenance fee, which would probably raise the total monthly housing bill to over 30K per month.

it's offtopic, but is it even possible to borrow the whole sum needed to buy apartment. Don't you have to pay some of it on your own money ? Like 30 % or something ?
th1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #5769
zapor1

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post

To make it worse you probably wouldn't borrow but take out a mortgage. Which would mean at least 20% down which would be $1.2mil.
zapor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #5770
IFeelShort

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapor1 View Post
you probably wouldn't borrow but take out a mortgage
lolwut

I imagine that a lot of the tenants here are foreigners who pay in all cash Also does anyone know what percentage of the units are under contract?
IFeelShort no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #5771
dfiler

Likes (Received): 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeelShort View Post
lolwut

I imagine that a lot of the tenants here are foreigners who pay in all cash Also does anyone know what percentage of the units are under contract?
Mortgages can be considered borrowing in the general sense. Though depending on the conversation to be had, a mortgage isn't necessarily considered "borrowing". When taking out a mortgage, you get neither the money nor ownership of the property. Instead, you have a contract, a contract that doesn't even require you to pay anyone anything. Although if you don't wish to default, it's probably a good idea to make the scheduled payments.

The developer rarely cares though. As long as they get the money, it doesn't matter whether it is from a bank or a future resident. While the ultra wealthy who are interested in this building could probably pay up front, depending on interest rates and market conditions, sometimes it is more profitable to take out a mortgage anyway.
dfiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #5772
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5172

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFeelShort View Post
lolwut

Building Backer? Try China

"...One57, is slated to open later this year. Activity has been brisk—more than 70% is sold..."
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #5773
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28349

end of this year looks achievable to me.
Eric Offereins está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #5774
NYCrulz

Likes (Received): 2381

Patrick Marella

image hosted on flickr

Eric Offereins, th1, Kanto, TowerVerre:) liked this post
NYCrulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #5775
Rise To The Top
Future CiE and Architect

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalscarr View Post
Well - they're not between 5-15, but they prob have cheaper one beds close to 5M.
Check your numbers....also, your monthly maintenance would be 7-10k on top of your mortgage payment.
But I'm not gonna debate you any further on this, it's nice to have ambitions, no matter how unrealistic they are. Good luck
Regardless, the interior architecture could be far better. There is no defined system in any of the floor plans. Just a big jumbled mess.
Rise To The Top no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #5776
bledi
سبحان الله و بحمده

Likes (Received): 285

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/citronate/9247566454

passat1717 liked this post
bledi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #5777
bledi
سبحان الله و بحمده

Likes (Received): 285

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/citronate/9244784009

bozenBDJ, Highcliff, Eric Offereins liked this post
bledi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #5778
luci203

Likes (Received): 1202

Quote:
Leaving aside how "easy" is to make 6 million, the 6 million apartments (the cheapest ones) would probably give you great views of... Carnegie Hall Tower and Metropolitan Tower windows...

I really doubt there will be any apartments at the bottom price range with park views...

L.A.F.2. liked this post
luci203 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #5779
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7063

One 57

by thewrightsource

nycaddict, Highcliff, passat1717 liked this post
ajosh821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #5780
ajosh821