daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #61
LucianT

Likes (Received): 2

In many ways Moscow it's seemes like Bucharest in public transport,old Tatra trams (T3),are very popular as a tram in the capital of Romania ,but many trams disabled since 2006.
LucianT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #62
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

There are no T3 in Moscow. There are new MTTM, MTTCh, MTTA and MTTD. They are made in old classic design of T3, but they are fully new.
Old July 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #63
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Aren't they refurbished T3s fitted with new electrical equipment?
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #64
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Afaik, Mostransavto have Scania OmniLinks in their park
Mostransavto have lots of different foreign models, mostly secondhand - Mercedes, MAN, Setra, Steyr, Ikarus and even some Hyundais and Kias. I suppose that they buy whatever happens to be going cheap at the time.
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #65
JoKo65

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodalvesdepaula View Post
German second-hand Mercedes-Benz O-303 intercity buses?
Such buses had been in service in Germany in the 70ies, they are absolutely outdated. Oldtimers.
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:07 AM   #66
Ultramatic
Gotham City

Likes (Received): 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma-Hamster View Post
New buses:

Volgabus 6270

Moscow got 140 of them accordign to upper.metromost.com
Wow, what a huge bus!
Ultramatic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #67
Shmack
Surfin' bird

Likes (Received): 9

And now the real working horses and veterans of Moscow roads

Ikarus 280

Ikarus 415

Ikarus 435

I guess this is the most wide spread Moscow bus - Liaz 5256

And elnarged version... 6212

Another giant - belorussian made Maz 105

Aprendimos a quererte
desde la historica altura
donde el sol de tu bravura
le puso cerco a la muerte.
Shmack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #68
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gag Halfrunt View Post
Mostransavto have lots of different foreign models, mostly secondhand - Mercedes, MAN, Setra, Steyr, Ikarus and even some Hyundais and Kias. I suppose that they buy whatever happens to be going cheap at the time.
On busy routes Mostransavto uses modern buses, like Scania Omnilink. Mosgortrans does not use Omnilinkm. Omnilink is also being used by Autoline private operator.
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #69
warden987

Likes (Received): 903

here are the two most common buses in Moscow. They together account for 80 % of all the bus fleet in the city.

The 1st model in the number of vehicles is LiAZ 5265.25. This model began to be produced from the late 80s and is still being produced slightly modified

№2 Ikarus 280. 33

Note that this slightly localized version of the well-known Ikarus 280 that was used and in many places is still in use throughout Eastern Europe and some Middle Asian countries. This model was produced by Tushino motor works from 1994 to 2002.

To say the truth, they are not very modern and Moscow's public bus system needs to be upgraded because all the other models including new ones are less than 20 percent.
warden987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #70
KVentz

Likes (Received): 1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Mosgortrans does not use Omnilinkm.
Already use on 3 routes.
KVentz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #71
warden987

Likes (Received): 903

Quote:
If we go outside Moscow and talk about whole Russia, what are the most common buses and trolleybuses you see? Not that many new models i think.

Here is the most common urban transport for example in Izhevsk

Izhevsk is a city with the population of 632 000 people. Quite a usual Russian city
I will be straight and will try to show the most common types of vehicles in use right now in Izhevsk. I won't be showing any advanced new vehicles that may seem very fine, but there are only few of them if any at all in the city and they make no difference whatsoever.

Buses
1 LiAZ 677. This bus should be mentioned especially. In fact it was the only innercity bus in the WHOLE SOVIET UNION that was produced from the late 1960s to somewhere 1995. There were also LAZ 695 that I will show you either, but this bus was designed mostly for suburban and intercity services.
There were also Ikarus 280 and in the lesser degree Ikarus 260, but as you know they were made in Hungary. So every Soviet city beginning from the mid 1970s and to the mid 1990s had only 2 types of buses serving the city proper, viz LiAZ 677 and Ikarus 280 and few 260. Moscow was not an exclusion either. In fact these 2 buses, I mean LiAZ 677 and Ikarus 280 may be the record-holders by the number of vehicles produced, LiAZ 677 being the absolute leader with more than 200 000 vehicles produced.

Alas, this bus I mean LiAZ 677 began slowly disappearing from the streets of Russian cities in the late 1990s and by now there are only few cities where this bus still persists. Izhevsk may be the leader by the amount of these buses still in service.

here it is still accounting for at least for 40 percent of Izhevsk's fleet

number 2 is Nephaz that is manufactured in Bashkortostan that account for the 3rd of Izhevsk's buses

number 3 is an old version of Volzhanin

number 4 is LiAZ 5265

number 5 is legendary Ikarus 280

number 6 is another Soviet classic LAZ 695

number 7 is PAZ 3205

This bus also should be pinpointed because it is very common bus for Russian countryside and for small towns . But there are not many of them in Izhevsk

number 8 is PAZ 4230

number 9 is Huynday Aerocity

number 10 is Daewoo BS 106

Trolleybuses
ZIU 682 and 683 whether they are single or articulated account for 75 % of the total trolleybus fleet

There are many other models but in sum they are not more than 25 percent

Trams in Izhevsk are almost entirely represented by Czech Tatras

Tatra T3SU is the most common car , somewhere 80 percent of all the trams

Tatra T6B5 accounts for some 15 %

there are few other cars
Tatra T3RF

Tatra T3R Izh

Tatra T3RP The inside

71619 KT

71402 Spectrum

In general I would characterize Izhevsk's transport as very outdated

hope, you enjoy the pictures
warden987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #72
JoKo65

Около ст. метро "Дубровка":

Highcliff liked this post
JoKo65 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #73
russianpride

Likes (Received): 3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtBk View Post
How people are killed from riding or driving marshrutkas(if there is a number)?
There are not too many seriuos accidents. Of course, accidents occur rather
frequently, but usually without fatalities.
russianpride no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #74
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101824

The ugliest thing about Moscow on-ground public transport is that every unit is equipped with a turnstile, getting on is allowed only by the first door so if you're carrying at least 2 bags, gettin on turns out to be a tragedy. The total getting on may take 10 minutes if a stop is important, e.g. near metro stations or commercial centers.

As I know, Moscow is buying hundreds of buses, trolleybuses and trams but they are maintained in a horrible way. A 5-year-old bus looks really disgusting: very often painted with diluted, low cost stuff, rusty, smoking... tram rails are something that may hurt your ears and vertenral column. Overwhelming majority of trams are not low-floor ones. To get on, you have to jump 3 - 4 steps.
Thanks God, the buses are purchased new and modern. But once again the maintenance is far from being adequate. And then, moscow jams are very long and annoying.

So, getting around in Moscow is normal in only several conditions: metro, car (at weekends or at night) and probably a bike. That's all.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Highcliff, forumaniac liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #75
russianpride

Likes (Received): 3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
The ugliest thing about Moscow on-ground public transport is that every unit is equipped with a turnstile, getting on is allowed only by the first door so if you're carrying at least 2 bags, gettin on turns out to be a tragedy. The total getting on may take 10 minutes if a stop is important, e.g. near metro stations or commercial centers.

As I know, Moscow is buying hundreds of buses, trolleybuses and trams but they are maintained in a horrible way. A 5-year-old bus looks really disgusting: very often painted with diluted, low cost stuff, rusty, smoking... tram rails are something that may hurt your ears and vertenral column. Overwhelming majority of trams are not low-floor ones. To get on, you have to jump 3 - 4 steps.
Thanks God, the buses are purchased new and modern. But once again the maintenance is far from being adequate. And then, moscow jams are very long and annoying.

So, getting around in Moscow is normal in only several conditions: metro, car (at weekends or at night) and probably a bike. That's all.

My friend, you are so preconceived. I have never seen rusty and smoking buses in Moscow. Compare to others cities, Moscow buses are maintained rather well.

For example:

2001 Ikarus-280.33M

2004 Liaz-6212.01

2002 Ikarus-435.17

russianpride no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #76
DzD1358

Likes (Received): 105

Great thread, keep going!
DzD1358 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #77
JoKo65

На улице Б.Калитниковская:

Old July 12th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #78
JoKo65

На остановке м. Пролетарская:

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #79
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianpride View Post
My friend, you are so preconceived. I have never seen rusty and smoking buses in Moscow. Compare to others cities, Moscow buses are maintained rather well.

For example:
I'd be glad to be mistaken but I found my opinion on what I have to see here, not just picking up photos on the web. I guess these photos you've posted here were taken years ago, when the busses were way young (2 - 3 years old only). Like I said, the majority of buses, trolleybuses and trams are rusty and badly maintained. Really.

The last photo of an old tram is ok, but it ok AS A PHOTO. I had to use this kind of tram a month ago, thanks God, I don't have any longer, at least now. Inside it's sort of "selfmade", rusty, dirty, badly assembled etc. And the most terrible thing is riding it. The rails are made in the way to hurt passengers. The vibration, heavy sound and low speed are really annoying.

Old trolleybuses which are also the majority, are the same old story.

If I have chance, I will shoot some of them to show that the situation is awful. The point is that I don't use them every day, fortunately.

It's really pity that Moscow has such a good metro system (well, not excellent since it is not air-conditionned but working very well indeed) and
such a bad, old-fashioned, retarded onground public transport system.

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM   #80
_Night City Dream_

I'm a bit sorry with the date, I see now the photos have been taken this year but still, it's hard to see the details. On the first one with Ikarus # 1150 you can see corrosion at the bottom. I'm pretty sure the bus is re-painted, and this with very bad-quality, diluted paint. If you're staying in Moscow you can't ignore that!

P.S. I've been to many cities of Russia and I can say even old buses are better maintained there, really. But still far from being adequate.

Tags
moscow