daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #161
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101826

Liaz 5292.22 of the last generation, new orders.

As you can see some drivers still like decorating their buses with different stuff. This trend used to be very popular in late 80s - 90s but now it's officially forbidden.

8 .06. 2013.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Highcliff, forumaniac liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #162
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2657

How much buses have Moscow?

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #163
XAN_

Likes (Received): 760

Well, a nice site by a friend of mine - http://busphoto.ru/show.php?t=1&cid=110 count's up ~6200 buses, but that includes intercity buses based in Moscow, Police buses and etc.

If you are interested in urban transit buses only you can sum up the statistics of depots 1..19 of Mosgortrans - http://busphoto.ru/city/110/ by clicking on "list of the models" (switch to English is available in upper-right corner) for each depot
-H. Kürsch, 2002

Highcliff liked this post
XAN_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:53 PM   #164
Darhet
Warsaw patriot

Likes (Received): 1190

Moscow orders 120 low-floor trams built by polish PESA.
70 cars to be delivered by the end of 2014 and the remaining 50 before the end of 2015.

In Polish
http://www.rynek-kolejowy.pl/46058/P...dla_Moskwy.htm

PESA-Swing 120Na:

image hosted on flickr

Pesa Duo:

PEsa Jazz:

Darhet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:19 PM   #165
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7094

What the hell? Why they refused from Bombardier?

It's catastrophe.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; June 21st, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:09 PM   #166
Spassky

Likes (Received): 65

That's strange. But we still don't have confirmation of this news from russian sources.
Spassky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 11:34 PM   #167
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Do PESA have any experience of successful operation in the developed European states?

Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM   #168
WotaN
in omnia paratus

Likes (Received): 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Do PESA have any experience of successful operation in the developed European states?
You mean, like, in Poland, Czech Republic or Hungary? Well yes, thank you, with more than 300 electric and diesel railcars, and more than 250 trams performing nicely one may say it's a success. Plus the contract signed in September 2012 with Deutsche Bahn for up to 470 Link multiple units with net worth around EUR 1,2 bln. Already delivered vehicles for companies in Italy seem to work as well.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:15 AM   #169
XAN_

Well, they do have experience in Russia - Kaliningrad... Anyway, the story seams strange to me.
-H. Kürsch, 2002

Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:37 AM   #170
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotaN View Post
You mean, like, in Poland, Czech Republic or Hungary? Well yes, thank you, with more than 300 electric and diesel railcars, and more than 250 trams performing nicely one may say it's a success.
Well, it seem that supplying of tramcars into two Eastern European countries is really great success for every Polish company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAN_ View Post
Well, they do have experience in Russia - Kaliningrad... Anyway, the story seams strange to me.
Kaliningrad is only 40th most populated Russian city. Knowing about its obsolete tram infrastructure and history of demolition of Kaliningrad tramlines during last 12 years, the buying of one low-floor Polish tramcar is the real progress for that provincial city.

But how it works for Russian capital with much larger financial opportunities and ambitious programm for development of urban transport? Why need to buy cheap second-class rolling stock?

Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:15 AM   #171
friedrichstrasse
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2540

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotaN
Already delivered vehicles for companies in Italy seem to work as well.
They do

friedrichstrasse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:43 AM   #172
Hellmut
Śląski Nerd Pospolity

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Well, it seem that supplying of tramcars into two Eastern European countries is really great success for every Polish company...
Considering how long history of PESA is, then yes, it's a great success taking orders from other than Polish cities (not countries, those do not buy trams). If you're interested in just countries after all, then PESA trams ride in two Central European, one Southeastern (+ one more in progress) and one Eurasian. I didn't include rail vehicles.

You can find portfolio of PESA here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PESA_SA (check out the models in the table).

Quote:
Kaliningrad is only 40th most populated Russian city. Knowing about its obsolete tram infrastructure and history of demolition of Kaliningrad tramlines during last 12 years, the buying of one low-floor Polish tramcar is the real progress for that provincial city.
I heard they wanted to order more. Unfortunately I don't know how it ended.
Quote:
But how it works for Russian capital with much larger financial opportunities and ambitious programm for development of urban transport?
Sorry, I don't know the answer. Guess we should ask somebody who knows how public spending is regulated in Russian state-owned companies, what are the criteria of choosing the contractor and product.
Quote:
Why need to buy cheap second-class rolling stock?
I would restrain from such comments since we still don't know the value of the contract nor the specification of the ordered tram. So we can't say it's cheap or second-class.

However, I'm sorry if you didn't like the PESA trams. I rode both Swing (in Warsaw) and Bombardier trams in Kraków and I don't find the latter any better (maybe except the design, and even this only in NGT8 model). But it's a matter of opinions. Where did you took the ride of PESA tram (or maybe heard the opinions of someone who did)? Maybe they don't pay too much attention to vehicle maintenance where you have been.

_Night City Dream_ liked this post

Last edited by Hellmut; June 22nd, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
Hellmut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 08:29 AM   #173
markfos
San Escobar

Likes (Received): 4286

Quote:
What the hell? Why they refused from Bombardier?

It's catastrophe.

It's a very good tram, not worse than Bombardier, Poland also produces Solaris Tramino which are even better (in terms of design).
Russia should focus on improving its tram infrastructure like Poland did, because condition of Russian tram rails is horrible, and these beautiful trams will be devastated because of it, its like buying Porsche for unpaved country roads.

Last edited by markfos; June 22nd, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
markfos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #174
XAN_

Quote:

But how it works for Russian capital with much larger financial opportunities and ambitious programm for development of urban transport? Why need to buy cheap second-class rolling stock?
You misunderstood me - it's totally OK that Kaliningrad bought PESA.
I just don't get what is going on in Moscow - is that PESA trams will be instead, or in addition to Bombardier order?
-H. Kürsch, 2002
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM   #175
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAN_ View Post
You misunderstood me - it's totally OK that Kaliningrad bought PESA.
I just don't get what is going on in Moscow - is that PESA trams will be instead, or in addition to Bombardier order?
Previously it was declared that Bombardier (in cooperation with Uralwagonzavod Plant) won tender for supplying if new tramcars in Moscow. 70 tramcars to be delivered by the end of 2014 and the remaining 50 before the end of 2015 (the same numbers of tramcars were mentioned in Polish article). So, if these rumors are correct, PESA will be work with Uralwagonzavod instead of Bombardier.

http://top.rbc.ru/economics/14/12/2012/836721.shtml

In April 2013 Bombardier and Uralwagonzavod signed new agreements at the Hannover Messe (world's biggest industrial fair) in Germany.

http://fedpress.ru/news/econom/revie...lichnogo-metro

Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM   #176
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfos View Post
It's a very good tram, not worse than Bombardier, Poland also produces Solaris Tramino which are even better (in terms of design).
If these tramcars are so perfect, why they not supplying in other EU cities in Germany, France, etc. The fact is that Bombardier has much larger international market. As it was mentioned, they even sell it to Poland (Krakow).

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=542

May be, Polish tramcars has better design (I'm not expert in design), but we should cooperate with leaders of transport manufacturing.

Quote:
Russia should focus on improving its tram infrastructure like Poland did, because condition of Russian tram rails is horrible, and these beautiful trams will be devastated because of it, its like buying Porsche for unpaved country roads.
Although it's sad truth for many Russian cities, I don't think that Moscow tramlines are such horrible as you mentioned.

Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #177
markfos
San Escobar

Quote:
If these tramcars are so perfect, why they not supplying in other EU cities in Germany, France, etc. The fact is that Bombardier has much larger international market. As it was mentioned, they even sell it to Poland (Krakow).

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=542

May be, Polish tramcars has better design (I'm not expert in design), but we should cooperate with leaders of transport manufacturing.

Although it's sad truth for many Russian cities, I don't think that Moscow tramlines are such horrible as you mentioned.
Germany ordered 470 trains from Polish PESA for 1,2 bn €!, they checked the quality before this gigantic order and admitted its a top quality product.

http://www.railway-technology.com/ne...-deutsche-bahn

But as I said, your tram rail infrastructure is horrible, nowhere near to the Polish infrastructure so these trams will be in a poor condition if you don't improve it.

Your future trams

Last edited by markfos; June 22nd, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:13 PM   #178
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Germany ordered 470 trains from Polish PESA for 1,2 bn €!, they checked the quality before this gigantic order and admitted its a top quality product.

http://www.railway-technology.com/ne...-deutsche-bahn
Do you understand difference between trams and trains?

Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM   #179
markfos
San Escobar

^ yes I did, but it also refers to trams, we have them in most Polish cities and they work perfectly, do you think that Germany would buy trains from company which produces bad quality trams? I doubt. You can find PESA trams in Italy and Germany as well.

PESA site in Russian if you'd like to get more information.

http://pesa.pl/ru/

Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:43 PM   #180
Adiks
I am the Tramping Man !

Likes (Received): 37

Well I do understand the attitude. Its not well-known company. I would have also liked Nokia mobile phone way more than Samsung mobile phone. Some like 10 years ago. But times have changed and Samsung is the global leader now. Clever thinking made the company go all the way up. It's just the example of underestimating a company. Not related to the quality of products though. Give PESA a chance and if you don't like it for some reasonable reasons, then you can bash the company. Otherwise, I would strain from it.
Adiks no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
moscow