daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Old December 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #441
Nacho!

Likes (Received): 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAAN View Post
Yes, another worker died after a heart attack (in the works outside the arena), but this has nothing to do with working conditions, he suffered from heart problems and unfortunately this fatality occurred.

BTW, those workers don't work for the government. They are employees of private companies that are building the arena and surrounding areas.
Thanks for that information, sometimes the press supposed unreal situations and information is distorted

FAAN liked this post
Nacho! no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #442
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬

Likes (Received): 30584

December 15

Uncommon but nice picture, with the stadium at the left:

https://www.facebook.com/skydiveamazonas
Old December 16th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #443
Poltronieri

Likes (Received): 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancarossi20 View Post
Course lol. Maybe Chile should teach to Earth, how to stop heart attack deaths. :P

Our neighbours can´t hide their jealousy. Incredible.
Kind of rude, but unfortunately you´re right...

biancarossi20 liked this post
Poltronieri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #444
Poltronieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho! View Post
Thanks for that information, sometimes the press supposed unreal situations and information is distorted

When it comes to Brazil, I would say all the time. Although our country is far from being a paradise, we are not Qatar.... All the workers in the stadiums are well paid, they have all their rights guaranteed and whenever somebody asks them if they like working on the venues, they will always answer with a big smile on their faces that this is the best opportunity they´ve ever had and they´re proud of doing something for their country. Even though Bianca was sort of rude, she´s behaving like all real brazilians would do: we are ready to defend our nation anyway. And if this setbacks are happening in Brazil, it´s because the tournament will be staged in a South American country for the first time since 1978 in Argentina and it´s the first South American nation that will host the olympics ever. So, whenever a country is chosen to such incredible events, the same country is prone to some problems during the course. Shame is when a country doesn´t have what it takes to host such magnificent events. So, here´s a good tip for you: only brazilians can say bad things about their country... no one else is allowed to do it. But we are all brothers, south american brothers. And this is going to be a great opportunity to South America. And if Brazil do not win the Cup, i´m going to support and root for another south american nation - except Argentina -... maybe Colombia or even Chile have good chances. We can´t let Europe take another title home (European nations have won ten titles; South American teams have won nine). Saludos desde Brasil.

Nacho! liked this post

Last edited by Poltronieri; December 16th, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old December 17th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #445
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬

December 16

Works resumed today, except on the roof:

Original: http://ooutroladodamoeda.com.br/wp-c...s-Agecom-1.jpg

Original: http://ooutroladodamoeda.com.br/wp-c...s-Agecom-5.jpg

Original: http://ooutroladodamoeda.com.br/wp-c...s-Agecom-6.jpg

Original: http://ooutroladodamoeda.com.br/wp-c...s-Agecom-7.jpg

Original: http://ooutroladodamoeda.com.br/wp-c...-Agecom-13.jpg

Original: http://ooutroladodamoeda.com.br/wp-c...-Agecom-14.jpg

http://ooutroladodamoeda.com.br/2013...carousel-56625

Last edited by Ranma Saotome; December 17th, 2013 at 02:14 AM.
Ranma Saotome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #446
Nacho!

Likes (Received): 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltronieri View Post
When it comes to Brazil, I would say all the time. Although our country is far from being a paradise, we are not Qatar.... All the workers in the stadiums are well paid, they have all their rights guaranteed and whenever somebody asks them if they like working on the venues, they will always answer with a big smile on their faces that this is the best opportunity they´ve ever had and they´re proud of doing something for their country. Even though Bianca was sort of rude, she´s behaving like all real brazilians would do: we are ready to defend our nation anyway. And if this setbacks are happening in Brazil, it´s because the tournament will be staged in a South American country for the first time since 1978 in Argentina and it´s the first South American nation that will host the olympics ever. So, whenever a country is chosen to such incredible events, the same country is prone to some problems during the course. Shame is when a country doesn´t have what it takes to host such magnificent events. So, here´s a good tip for you: only brazilians can say bad things about their country... no one else is allowed to do it. But we are all brothers, south american brothers. And this is going to be a great opportunity to South America. And if Brazil do not win the Cup, i´m going to support and root for another south american nation - except Argentina -... maybe Colombia or even Chile have good chances. We can´t let Europe take another title home (European nations have won ten titles; South American teams have won nine). Saludos desde Brasil.

I agree with you on everything, except one thing. Why can not handle criticism? At the end of the day, to serve things done better. No one doubts that Brazil is a great country, and that the World Cup will come to perfection, but must have the courage to endure some criticism .. nothing more than that.
Greetings!!
By the way, the stadium is magnificent!!

Poltronieri liked this post
Nacho! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #447
biancarossi20
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2129

Quote:
Even though Bianca was sort of rude, she´s behaving like all real brazilians would do: we are ready to defend our nation anyway. So, here´s a good tip for you: only brazilians can say bad things about their country... no one else is allowed to do it. But we are all brothers, south american brothers. And this is going to be a great .
Lol yeah.
But im trying work this in my personality. Be less "agressive"
But some criticism is hard to read. People barely go understand what is going on, and point their fingers. My behave exist since i always read uruguains and argentines (mostly) saying Brazil is not prepare for those events. So im kind of fed up with this kind of "empty" argument. There are more than 100 stadiums here, buildings, airports, ports, bridges, but people act like it was the first time in history we are building stuffs here. WE BUILD OUR CAPITOL, in the middle of nowhere in the 50ths for god sakes.
But im sorry for being "rude" (again lol)

Last edited by biancarossi20; December 17th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
biancarossi20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #448
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬

December 17

https://twitter.com/PortaldoAM

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/fotos/1/341265

Marcos6010Vinicius liked this post

Last edited by Ranma Saotome; December 28th, 2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old December 27th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #449
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬

December 25

http://statigr.am/p/619107149590991716_207199515

ogonek, Marcos6010Vinicius liked this post
Old December 27th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #450
Ranma Saotome
早乙女乱馬

Recent pictures:

http://arenadaamazonia.com.br/
Old December 28th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #451
Red85
AARRGGHH

Likes (Received): 33

Again ugly walls for lifted stands. Damn ugly. Whats wrong about British style close to the pitch?
Red85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #452
Lumbergo

Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red85 View Post
Again ugly walls for lifted stands. Damn ugly. Whats wrong about British style close to the pitch?
Security and Pitch invasions

biancarossi20 liked this post
Lumbergo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #453
biancarossi20
BANNED

Quote:
We are not England. lol

We are Brazil...
Brazilians.
South americans.
Like it or not.

We have our culture, and style... Some nations loves to drink tea.... we prefer "caipirinha". Some culture loves winter, we love beaches and small bikinis. That´s how planet Earth works.

KISSfan liked this post

Last edited by biancarossi20; December 28th, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old December 28th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #454
Chris00

Likes (Received): 327

Quote:
We are not England. lol

We are Brazil...
Brazilians.
South americans.
Like it or not.

We have our culture, and style... Some nations loves to drink tea.... we prefer "caipirinha". Some culture loves winter, we love beaches and small bikinis. That´s how planet Earth works.
The only part of the culture being celebrated with those high walls is the pitch invasion one. All the rest - for as lovely that it is, please dont get me wrong - has nothing to do with the question. Arena Parana is on the same country, same culture and have British style (almost) stands.
Chris00 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #455
Leedsrule

Likes (Received): 487

Quote:
FIFA prefer it that way. Its the same at the Zentralstadion at Leipzig, and the Kazan arena. Its more 'safe'. The regulations for new stadiums is very different to that of existing ones (For example Old Trafford would barely meet the requirements for the world cup, there would need to be a lot of allowances for it to be used).
Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #456
Poltronieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris00 View Post
The only part of the culture being celebrated with those high walls is the pitch invasion one. All the rest - for as lovely that it is, please dont get me wrong - has nothing to do with the question. Arena Parana is on the same country, same culture and have British style (almost) stands.
Sorry man, but you know absolutely nothing about Brazil. Same culture? Have you ever been to Paraná or Amazonas? Have you ever met brazilians from the North and brazilians from the South? Believe me, You´d be astonished to see how different a gigantic, MULTICULTURAL nation can be. Both states were settled by different people and they share no similarities, but the passion for soccer. I guess this is the only thing that units us down here. And as our former president said when questioned about the brazilian efficiency on organizing big events: "We are not Germany, nor France, nor any other european country. People should remember that there are many ways of doing something, and we´re gonna do it our way, and people should respect it." We really don´t care about getting late 5 or 10 minutes later. And what´s the big deal about the walls or how far people stay from the pitch? I personally love those ladders around the pitch of Arena das Dunas stadium. Seriously, should all the world follow european patterns? (yeah, I say patterns, not standards, because many venues being built here are of equal or higher quality than many european stadiums, like Arena São Paulo, Arena Palmeiras and Arena Grêmio for instance) Fifa doesn´t worry about it, so nobody is allowed to do. Moreover, I don´t really wanna sound rude, but we don´t give a sh** about what people from other nations think about our stadiums.

Last edited by Poltronieri; December 28th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #457
Chris00

Quote:
Sorry man, but you know absolutely nothing about Brazil. Same culture? Have you ever been to Paraná or Amazonas? Have you ever met brazilians from the North and brazilians from the South? Believe me, You´d be astonished to see how different a gigantic, MULTICULTURAL nation can be. Both states were settled by different people and they share no similarities, but the passion for soccer. I guess this is the only thing that units us down here. And as our former president said when questioned about the brazilian efficiency on organizing big events: "We are not Germany, nor France, nor any other european country. People should remember that there are many ways of doing something, and we´re gonna do it our way, and people should respect it." We really don´t care about getting late 5 or 10 minutes later. And what´s the big deal about the walls or how far people stay from the pitch? I personally love those ladders around the pitch of Arena das Dunas stadium. Seriously, should all the world follow european patterns? (yeah, I say patterns, not standards, because many venues being built here are of equal or higher quality than many european stadiums, like Arena São Paulo, Arena Palmeiras and Arena Grêmio for instance) Fifa doesn´t worry about it, so nobody is allowed to do. Moreover, I don´t really wanna sound rude, but we don´t give a sh** about what people from other nations think about our stadiums.
Did you take offense on my answer? Sorry man, no need to teach me about Brazil, I know much more you could imagine, and I do like it. I was just commenting on what our dear forumer Bianca said or her reply. Please note she answered as "we Brazilians" as being one people, and that's what we were talking about. We are talking about the stadiums here, football culture, and you said yourself that the one thing that unifies the lot is football (why are you calling it soccer?) So, the football culture is one, no? If not, then you were not coherent on your reply. I am also not defending any patterns here. Please read the whole thing again and you might understand.

I just put a note that the choice has probably nothing to do with the "we are Brazilians", but simply to avoid pitch invasions. It is the chosen solution and its fine, people might like it or not. Pitch invasion is not exclusive of Brazil, it happens everywhere, more or less often. I personally don't care about the wall.

And if you don't give a damn about other peoples opinion, so why answering them? Why participating in the forum then? Why post the stadiums on the international forums them? Please be reasonable.

I love to come here, say what I think and have nice and polite discussions, just like I have with dear Bianca (thanks for the pictures), exposing my views without worrying if people give a poop about it or not. I am not trying to convince anyone here. Please drop your weapons and join us!

Last edited by Chris00; December 29th, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #458
GILMAR LIMA
GGovinho

Likes (Received): 374

Arena da Amazonia December 28

Closed Guard-Upper Body Coverage. Cauldron is getting ready

Floor Circulation Podium finish receives

Begins the installation glasses railing of the bleachers

Synthetic grass gives finish to the lawn

Security cameras and reflectors

Colorful Effect of bleachers finalized

Glass railing in the upper cabins with safety screen installation service.

Floor circulation podium

Main access Constantino Nery

Installation of access control, electronic turnstiles

Electronic turnstiles

Plaza of the main access Constantino Nery.

Photo: Miguel Biango

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

sp34, Ranma Saotome, biancarossi20 liked this post

Last edited by GILMAR LIMA; December 29th, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
GILMAR LIMA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #459
biancarossi20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris00 View Post
Did you take offense on my answer? Sorry man, no need to teach me about Brazil, I know much more you could imagine, and I do like it. I was just commenting on what our dear forumer Bianca said or her reply. Please note she answered as "we Brazilians" as being one people, and that's what we were talking about. We are talking about the stadiums here, football culture, and you said yourself that the one thing that unifies the lot is football (why are you calling it soccer?) So, the football culture is one, no? If not, then you were not coherent on your reply. I am also not defending any patterns here. Please read the whole thing again and you might understand.

I just put a note that the choice has probably nothing to do with the "we are Brazilians", but simply to avoid pitch invasions. It is the chosen solution and its fine, people might like it or not. Pitch invasion is not exclusive of Brazil, it happens everywhere, more or less often. I personally don't care about the wall.

And if you don't give a damn about other peoples opinion, so why answering them? Why participating in the forum then? Why post the stadiums on the international forums them? Please be reasonable.

I love to come here, say what I think and have nice and polite discussions, just like I have with dear Bianca (thanks for the pictures), exposing my views without worrying if people give a poop about it or not. I am not trying to convince anyone here. Please drop your weapons and join us!
Yeah, you are totally right.
Im really sorry.
About the walls i agree with you.
But the oval shape, i think somehow its related to our culture of stadiums, at least what i think.
Corinthians stadium it will be British style as well. And its much much better.
Sorry !!!

Chris00 liked this post
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #460
Chris00

Quote:
Yeah, you are totally right.
Im really sorry.
About the walls i agree with you.
But the oval shape, i think somehow its related to our culture of stadiums, at least what i think.
Corinthians stadium it will be British style as well. And its much much better.
Sorry !!!
Dont be sorry for saying what you think, your opinion counts as well!

Can I tell you a secret? I know that rectangular stadiums offer better viewing, but I love the oval stadiums, they look so nice, specially form above. I love the Porto Alegre stadium.

biancarossi20, alexandru.mircea liked this post

Tags
manaus, world cup