daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:11 AM   #181
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeturbo View Post
after we sell di maria this summer for 100Million euros well have the moneyyyy
Yeah I guess then you get some money to buy some cladding pieces An some images of the great players of the club just like at Emirates would look great!

Filipe I heard about that right after the stadium was "officially" finished, because already in 2004 people thought the exterior was a bit incomplete and I heard about having plans to finish it...but lately I haven´t heard more about this.

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:28 PM   #182
lailito

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo View Post
Going from the official Spain & Portugal 2018/22 bid website I was really surprised Portugal are only putting forward 3 stadiums, 2 of which are in Lisbon. Anyway going from this website here is my list of the 12 stadiums I would like to get picked, this is going from the criteria of capacity and geographical spread:

FINAL 12 STADIUMS

Portugal

LISBON- Estadio de Luz 65,647
LISBON- Estadio Alvalade 50,300
PORTO- Estadio do Dragao 50,106

Spain

MADRID- Santiago Bernabeu 80,533
BARCELONA- Nou Camp 98,700 (Expanding to 106,000)
VALENCIA- Nuevo Mestalla 74,000
SEVILLA- Estadio Olympico de Sevilla 57,586
BILBAO- Nuevo San Mames Barria 53,100
ZARAGOZA- Nuevo Estadio 50,000
MALAGA- Estadio Nueva Rosaleda 45,000
A CORUNA- Estadio Riazor 35,600 (Would need to be expanded)
MERCIA- Estadio Jose Rico 29,681 (Would need to be expanded)

RESERVE STADIUMS

Portugal

AVEIRO- Municipal de Aveiro 30,678 (Would need to be expanded)
FARO- Estadio Algarve 30,305 (Would need to be expanded)

Spain

MADRID- Estadio Nuevo Estadio de Madrid 69,600
BARCELONA- El Prat 41,000
SEVILLA- Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan 43,172
ELCHE- Estadio Martinez Valero 36,017 (Would need to be expanded)

Please tell me what you think of my final 12 list and the reserve list.
You have forgotten Anoeta's stadium in San Sebastian, which is one of the stadiums that has spent(passed) the cut. Anoeta is going to be remodelled and it will be extended from 32076 to 43650 spectators.
Still(Yet) the project is not finished, but when they present it, I will put here the photos.
It hopes that San Sebastian is a subheadquarters close to the headquarters of Bilbao, which will be San Mamés Barria.
lailito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:24 PM   #183
lailito

I you put more information with regard to the possibility that San Sebastian is a headquarters of the World 2018 after Anoeta is remodelled.

Anoeta has been shortlisted as headquarters of the Iberian Candidacy for the World 2018 and it will appear in the report that the federations Spanish and Portuguese of football will present to the FIFA on May 14, as it confirmed yesterday the new web page created by the organizers. Donostia has been one of 20 state cities and lusas chosen and, in case the International Federation of Football designates on December 2 of this year Spain and Portugal as organizing of the World one, the stadium native of San Sebastian should pass a last cut to be able to receive someone of the games of the appointment mundialista of 2018.

Of between 18 Spanish headquarters selected (Portugal contributes only two, Lisbon and Oporto, but both would be fixed) they would be elected twelve and Donostia would compete in this case, for geographical proximity, with Saragossa (he would be the strongest rival, though not incompatible because they might go you change of these), Santander and Gijon, since Bilbao would not have any problem to tenor of the works of construction of the new San Mamés. It is necessary to outline that to be a headquarters the stadium must have an appraisal of around 40.000 spectators as minimum.

Anoeta; an appraisal of 43.650.

If finally Donostia saves the latter obstacles, Anoeta would begin his remodeling in 2013 in order to reach an appraisal of 43.650 seats. Thus, there would be obtained the longed for aim to bring the steps over to the area of game that so much has been chased in the last years. These works would conclude in 2016. But in order that this desire makes real the Iberian Candidacy would have to be the chosen one of between England, Australia, The United States, Belgium and Holland (candidacy combines), Japan, Mexico and Russia.
lailito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #184
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 3

wait... 3 stadiums from Portugal only? that is

I think this candidature has no chance... Spain should have applied alone, and there would have been better chances
Livno80101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:57 AM   #185
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

I hope we get the bid, but I have to agree with you. 3 stadiums is a crying shame!
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #186
skaP187

Likes (Received): 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeturbo View Post
Of course, the outside is for architectural value only, but look at stadiums like the Allianz Arena, or the new nou camp or even the birds nest in Beijing. There is certainly something to be said about working on the stadium's outside.
Nou Camp is ´horrible´ from the outside. Probably from the inside it´s not very luxe either. Eventhough quite alot of people in the world would qualify it as the most beautifull stadium of Europe? Why?
skaP187 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #187
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_idol View Post
I hope we get the bid, but I have to agree with you. 3 stadiums is a crying shame!
Which is more reason for Portugal to come up with 5 stadiums (in ideally 5 cities, but most likely 4), with Spain having the 7 remaining.

Estádio Municipal de Braga aught to be upgraded to 45,000 or so. Perhaps by making a 10,000 seater at the open end, and a 5,000 seater at the cliff end?
Estádio Algarve could possibly be upgraded at the goal ends? With 5,000 potentially ugly 2nd tiers at each end?

Naturally, Lisbon will host the opening game and Madrid will host the final (although Barcelona does have the largest stadium in Spain, why not have a 2 capital style deal?).

Portugal needs to input more stadiums, otherwise, what's the point?
I'm sure if the idea of 3 Portuguese stadiums (2 being in Lisbon no less) would dramatically hamper the bid in Spain's favor, the Spanish side would most definitely be wanting to (or even forcing) the Portuguese side to offer more host cities and stadiums. Spain naturally being larger of the two in both country size, city size and population will be more largely represented in the stadium and city aspect, but Portugal would get it's fair share of host cities and stadiums, as not to be a "burden" to the joint bid.

Last edited by Lord David; April 24th, 2010 at 03:54 PM.
Lord David no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #188
carlosfng

Likes (Received): 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187 View Post
Nou Camp is ´horrible´ from the outside. Probably from the inside it´s not very luxe either. Eventhough quite alot of people in the world would qualify it as the most beautifull stadium of Europe? Why?
He's talking about the finished Camp Nou, with the new facade.

I personally don't think the bid will prosper, at least for 2018. With the problems stated above, Benelux and England seem like stronger candidates (I don't even name the rest because it is pretty clear that 2018 will be held in Europe regardless of other nations' bids). In 2022 it is most likely FIFA will go exotic again (probably Australia), but if not then Spain/Portugal will probably be the strongest European contender. Either way, there's still a lifetime to go before all these events happen, so I could be very wrong.
carlosfng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #189
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord David View Post
Which is more reason for Portugal to come up with 5 stadiums (in ideally 5 cities, but most likely 4), with Spain having the 7 remaining.

Estádio Municipal de Braga aught to be upgraded to 45,000 or so. Perhaps by making a 10,000 seater at the open end, and a 5,000 seater at the cliff end?
Estádio Algarve could possibly be upgraded at the goal ends? With 5,000 potentially ugly 2nd tiers at each end?

Portugal needs to input more stadiums, otherwise, what's the point?
I wouldn´t like to see Braga stadium getting an improvement...maybe a stand on the open end would look (almost) good and enough. Now don´t mess with that cliff end!

About Algarve I´m with you...and you just have to look to the country where you are (Sydney Olympic stadium) to see the solution for this one. I just don´t get how the most touristic zone of the country is out of the bid

My bets goes to England 2018 and Qatar 2022 (looking to the latest words from Blatter...I guess it was him...)
Old April 25th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #190
Lord David

At any rate, the Portuguese side is dragging down the bid. Don't be surprised if come the bid book it's revealed that Portugal gets more stadiums and cities at Spain's insistence!

Oh and Qatar won't get 2022. Even if Blatter wants it, it's just too small of a country to host. It probably won't even offer stadiums of FIFA standard (capacity wise of course). Expect it to be either Australia or the USA.
Old April 25th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #191
Kobo

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lailito View Post
You have forgotten Anoeta's stadium in San Sebastian, which is one of the stadiums that has spent(passed) the cut. Anoeta is going to be remodelled and it will be extended from 32076 to 43650 spectators.
Still(Yet) the project is not finished, but when they present it, I will put here the photos.
It hopes that San Sebastian is a subheadquarters close to the headquarters of Bilbao, which will be San Mamés Barria.
Thanks I didn't know they had plans to expand it. But don't you think San Sebastian is a little too close to Bilbao and so won't be able to give a great geographic spread? However 43,650 capacity is good.
Kobo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 04:51 AM   #192
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Quote:
At any rate, the Portuguese side is dragging down the bid. Don't be surprised if come the bid book it's revealed that Portugal gets more stadiums and cities at Spain's insistence!

Oh and Qatar won't get 2022. Even if Blatter wants it, it's just too small of a country to host. It probably won't even offer stadiums of FIFA standard (capacity wise of course). Expect it to be either Australia or the USA.
But the final stadiums are the ones already posted here. The only way is add a portuguese reserve stadium in exchange with a Spanish one...and that will obviously be Algarve. But I really don´t think that´s going to happen.

About 2022 I´d really like if Australia wins the bid...but it´s a tough bid...all the "big ones" are running for the same...maybe Blatter said those words to Qatar show something really great to stand out from USA, Russia, Australia...
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #193
zeturbo

IMO I think its pretty clear that England will get one of those. No other European bid even comes close. (benelux? really?)

And there is NO WAY two straight WC will be held in Europe. I think, as much as fun as it is to speculate about new stadiums... its moot.
zeturbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #194
RobH

Likes (Received): 10347

I'm not ruling out any of the European bids; England could easily lose 2018, Russia being I think the biggest threat.
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #195
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:

From the Qatar 2022 bid officials

Lusail National Stadium (86,000 seats, unknown yet)
Khalifa International Stadium (70,000 seats, multi use)
AlKhor Stadium (45,330 seats, soccer specific)
AlShamal Stadium (45,330 seats, soccer specific)
AlWakrah Stadium (45,120 seats, soccer specific)
AlGharafa Stadium (44,740 seats, soccer specific)
AlRayyan Stadium (44,740 seats, soccer specific)
Doha Port Stadium (43,500 seats, soccer specific)

4 stadiums will be revealed soon, all of these Stadiums will be cooled with carbon-neutral technology and they will be linked to a rail network.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #196
Bezzi

Likes (Received): 995

Here in South America they are considering a joint bid between Argentina and Uruguay for World Cup in 2030. That'll never work. The argentine bid will end up swallowing the uruguayan. The only city in Uruguay capable of host would be Montevideo. I doubt that Spain will go to the end of the application process along with Portugal. The local committees are not getting along as it asks a greater commitment from the other. The consonance of the committees is fundamental in a joint bid. If Portugal wants to host a World Cup, they should be prepared to spend to expand at least 5 or 6 of their stadiums. They should do more to bring the world cup to his country and not wait for free things happen at the expense of Spain. This way, Portugal only disturbs the application, which is the least joint of all. The merits are all from Spain. Sorry for the harsh words. I sympathize with Portugal and cheered for this bid but I expected more from Portugal with great stadium projects.
Bezzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #197
Lord David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzi View Post
Here in South America they are considering a joint bid between Argentina and Uruguay for World Cup in 2030. That'll never work. The argentine bid will end up swallowing the uruguayan. The only city in Uruguay capable of host would be Montevideo. I doubt that Spain will go to the end of the application process along with Portugal. The local committees are not getting along as it asks a greater commitment from the other. The consonance of the committees is fundamental in a joint bid. If Portugal wants to host a World Cup, they should be prepared to spend to expand at least 5 or 6 of their stadiums. They should do more to bring the world cup to his country and not wait for free things happen at the expense of Spain. This way, Portugal only disturbs the application, which is the least joint of all. The merits are all from Spain. Sorry for the harsh words. I sympathize with Portugal and cheered for this bid but I expected more from Portugal with great stadium projects.
2030 is 20 years away, a lot can happen by then, I'd expect Uruguay to boast say 4 or 5 venues in 4 cities, with Argentina having the remaining 8 or 7. Montevideo will host the final in an upgraded Estadio Centennario at 100,000. :P
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #198
Bezzi

Likes (Received): 995

Quote:
2030 is 20 years away, a lot can happen by then, I'd expect Uruguay to boast say 4 or 5 venues in 4 cities, with Argentina having the remaining 8 or 7. Montevideo will host the final in an upgraded Estadio Centennario at 100,000. :P
But the choice by FIFA is made much earlier. Uruguay need a very strong economy there, because their stadiums are not adequate even for the Libertadores Cup. They will need to build new stadiums. A viable bid needs a good balance between new stadiums and refurbished stadiums. The post World Cup is taken into account. South Africa will have five refurbished stadiums for 2010 and Brazil six for 2014. Portugal is losing a great opportunity. They have a structure built for the euro with new stadiums, needing a few adjustments, if compared to what will be done in the old stadiums here in Brazil. I would say that a sole bid of Portugal would be more viable than the bid of Qatar were they will build stadiums in the middle of nothing and do not know what to do with them later. This joint bid of Portugal can't be serious. The government is not committed to the bid and this will be shown in the FIFA inspection report. These are points that make a difference when you have competitors like England and Russia. The Spaniards are wasting time.

Last edited by Bezzi; May 10th, 2010 at 03:45 AM.
Bezzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #199
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzi View Post
But the choice by FIFA is made much earlier. Uruguay need a very strong economy there, because their stadiums are not adequate even for the Libertadores Cup. They will need to build new stadiums. A viable bid needs a good balance between new stadiums and refurbished stadiums. The post World Cup is taken into account. South Africa will have five refurbished stadiums for 2010 and Brazil six for 2014. Portugal is losing a great opportunity. They have a structure built for the euro with new stadiums, needing a few adjustments, if compared to what will be done in the old stadiums here in Brazil. I would say that a sole bid of Portugal would be more viable than the bid of Qatar were they will build stadiums in the middle of nothing and do not know what to do with them later. This joint bid of Portugal can't be serious. The government is not committed to the bid and this will be shown in the FIFA inspection report. These are points that make a difference when you have competitors like England and Russia. The Spaniards are wasting time.
They will not be in the middle of nowhere, their in cities and not all of them a be brand new, some are going to be expanded stadiums, and they will be downscaled from 45k to 21k after the games and the modular tiers would be rebuilt in developing countries that don't have good sport stadiums.
Bids are serious, there is no such thing as "don't know what to do with them later"
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #200
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

This bid could end up being real competition for England & Russia.

I've got a feeling the 2018 FIFA WC may end up on the Iberian coast!
Solopop no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
spain in the world, stadiums spain