daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:55 AM   #281
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Likes (Received): 4

Sometimes they dunno is better lah. Kids imagination is something I have always found really amazing!

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
huaiwei no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:22 AM   #282
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Sometimes they dunno is better lah. Kids imagination is something I have always found really amazing!
Scarly they inspire some big names like foster??
babystan03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:35 AM   #283
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystan03
Scarly they inspire some big names like foster??
Serously...we never know. Kids who are unbounded since young usually end up the most eccentirc later in life.

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:36 AM   #284
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Serously...we never know. Kids who are unbounded since young usually end up the most eccentirc later in life.
I hope the big saucer isn't an inspiration from kid though??
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:46 AM   #285
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
I hope the big saucer isn't an inspiration from kid though??
Hey.....you never know!

Old November 13th, 2004, 06:48 AM   #286
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

Eh, that picture who draw one ah?
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 07:04 AM   #287
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Duno leh...found on the net one. Quite fun one lah...u jus google search can liao.

Old November 13th, 2004, 07:16 AM   #288
ignoramus

No one uses yahoo anymore. Me, a loyal yahooer from day 1 when i got my pc, has officially converted to a googler since 2 months or so ago.
ignoramus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #289
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Actually they both gives almost the same results lah...aiyoh. Both got the image search feature too anyway.

Old November 13th, 2004, 03:31 PM   #290
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
The Straits Times
Nov 10, 2004

SIA, Changi gear up for competition

By Karamjit Kaur
Transport Correspondent

AS CHANGI Airport basked in forecasts of a record 30.2 million passenger arrivals this year, two industry reports have warned that Singapore's aviation industry must overcome stiff competition to succeed.

The reports - one by Singapore Airlines and the other jointly by the Ministry of Transport (MOT) and Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) - outlined a tough future for SIA and Changi.

The MOT-CAAS report said Dubai's Emirates Airlines, for example, operates more than twice as many services to Britain as SIA and has also increased its services to Australia and New Zealand.

The construction of Dubai International Airport's Terminal 3, scheduled for completion in 2006, will increase the airport's handling capacity to 70 million passengers a year.

Changi's Terminal 3, which will raise the airport's capacity to 64 million passengers per year, will not be completed until 2008.

The report said SIA must continue to innovate and improve, while Changi needs to keep reinventing itself, and increase its efficiency and cost-competitiveness.

Maintaining Singapore's status as a business centre and tourist destination will also help persuade airlines to keep using Changi as a transit point.

Bangkok's new Suvarnabhumi Airport, which will be ready late next year, will be another serious competitor.

Its growth will be fuelled by the expansion of Thai Airways. Australia's Qantas has also boosted Bangkok's aspirations, taking a 49 per cent stake in a planned new Bangkok-based cargo airline.

During a dialogue with SIA management and unions on Monday, Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew echoed the findings of the reports.

The SIA report also predicted that major United States carriers, which have been hit hard by budget airlines in the domestic market, 'are planning to shift capacity away from domestic USA to what is now for them more lucrative international business'.

Cathay Pacific can also be expected to take advantage of the recently expanded air services agreement between Hong Kong and Australia and compete more aggressively for business on the kangaroo route between Britain and Australia, the report said.

SIA said the airline must continue to expand in growing markets like China and India, where Qantas, Thai Airways and Cathay Pacific are also eyeing market share.

The company has already started on cost-reduction and wage-restructuring exercises in an effort to stay competitive.

MM Lee, who held a similar dialogue in April to sort out problems between SIA management and unions, said he was confident SIA and Changi will hold their own, provided all parties work together.

He said: 'Can SIA and Changi Airport change? I say yes. Will Singapore change? I say yes.

'If we don't make this place work, we all suffer.'
Wow....so many challenges ahead.....but I'm sure if the correct strategy is used.....we'll be able to stay ahead......
Old November 13th, 2004, 03:42 PM   #291
heirloom

sometimes prudence should be thrown out of the window it hink..
heirloom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2004, 10:59 AM   #292
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Time is GMT + 8 hours
Posted: 14 November 2004 1626 hrs

Holiday joy for travellers as airlines extend promotional fares
By Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : Those keen to get out of the country for a year-end break should take note: special promotional fares are lower and lasting longer this year, but you should act soon because the flights are going fast.

The year-end school holiday period means peak airfares for peak travel.

With demand being so high, full rates usually kick in from mid-November onwards.

But the good news this year, especially with the advent of budget carriers, is that promotional fares are lasting longer, till at least end-November -- even on full-service carriers.

Said Alicia Seah, assistant general manager at SA UIC Tours, "With competition of low-cost carriers, a lot of full-service airlines like Cathay, SIA or even Thai have lowered their fares to compete and maintain their market share for year-end travel.
"In fact, you will see the Hong Kong promotional fare has gone into December, January and February."

One airline that has hopped onto this bandwagon is Gulf Air, which has cut its fares by 50 percent till end of November.

Fares are as low as S$325 to Sydney and S$677 for Athens.

Claire Beswick, general manager (South East Asia) at Gulf Air, said, "It's a short-term promotion to stimulate people to look at alternative destinations."

But it is not just about longer promotions; it is also about lower prices, which will always remain a draw.

With more airlines out there and stiff competition, prices this time to popular places are at least 30 to 40 percent lower than at the same time last year, say travel agents.

Ms Seah said, "Last year, if you were to go to Hong Kong or Bangkok, it would cost over three to four hundred dollars. Hong Kong will under a normal situation be over S$600. This year, we have seen prices lowered; like Bangkok is just S$218 for 3 days, 2 nights, and for Hong Kong 3 days, 2 nights is only about S$399 or S$428. So you can see prices have dropped about 30 to 40 percent."

It looks like now is the time to book your tickets if you haven't already done so. - CNA

Copyright © 2004 MCN International Pte Ltd
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #293
heirloom

omgggg athens for 677
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:15 AM   #294
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloom
omgggg athens for 677
I'm more interested in Sydney.......S$325......
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #295
heirloom

i'm scared in sydney get robbed and murdereed or whateva lolz... maybe athens same.
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #296
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
i'm scared in sydney get robbed and murdereed or whateva lolz... maybe athens same.
So chaotic mair??
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:49 AM   #297
heirloom

uh australia is crime ridden mar... got VIETNAMESE GANGS ONE
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #298
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
uh australia is crime ridden mar... got VIETNAMESE GANGS ONE
In that case, I better ask mata to come along.....
Old November 14th, 2004, 11:59 AM   #299
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

Employ some personal bodyguards lor!
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #300
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote: