daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #881
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Likes (Received): 2

Went back to the transit mall to see the A380....

The Head

Comparison with B747

(Sori for the picture quality as it's raining when i took the A380 pics)

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2007, 06:58 AM   #882
heirloom

FAT!
heirloom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:53 AM   #883
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloom View Post
FAT!
Haha....why not gigantic??
Old November 29th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #884
heirloom

lol... gigantic is fine too. but fat just came to mind. whoa she looks really heavy
heirloom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #885
PositiveThinker
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

NOT IMPRESSIVE AS IT MAYBE SINGAPORE T3

I AM NOT WELL-IMPRESSED WITH YOUR NEW AIRPORT CHANGI TERMINAL 3,
IT IS JUST LIKE TERMINAL 2 WITH AN ADDITION OF HANGING CARDBOARD LIKE CEILING AFTER A BIG STORM, SORRY BUT THIS IS THE REALITY.

OUR NEW NAIA3 AIRPORT IS THE BEST AIRPORT IN ASIA AND SOON THE
WELL-PANNED DMIA IN CLARK WILL BE THE BIGGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD SOON....
PositiveThinker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #886
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Rain on me......

Ritual...

Btw thats the automated watering feature of the green wall....
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:08 AM   #887
ignoramus

Likes (Received): 4

Nov 30, 2007
Clear view soon from T3 gallery

I THANK Mr Andre Poon Hong Kit for his feedback about the Terminal 3 viewing gallery ('Visit to T3 left him disappointed'; ST, Nov 21).
We are pleased to inform Mr Poon that we have plans to remove some of the external sunshade panels at the viewing gallery. When the works are completed, passengers and visitors will have an unobstructed view of the airfield areas fronting Terminal 3's viewing gallery.

Other parts of the viewing gallery will continue to have sunshades that are programmed to open or close, depending on the time of day, so as to reduce glare in the terminal building.

We hope Mr Poon enjoyed his visit to Terminal 3 and look forward to his support for Changi Airport's newest terminal.

Koh Ming Sue
Deputy Director
(Engineering and Real Estate Development)
Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore
ignoramus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #888
PositiveThinker
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

NOT IMPRESSIVE AS IT MAYBE SINGAPORE T3

RAIN FEATURES...HAHAHA...THAT WAS A CHILD PLAYGROUND SIMPLE SPRINKLER SYSTEM...HAHAHA
PositiveThinker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #889
adverg

@ Positive Thinker,

We must be rational in dealing with our post, this is not airport vs. airport. Even I am a Filipino, being worked in this country just for 1-1/2 year, I cannot forget the good moments I experience in Singapore, I love this country so much, the cleanliness, the lifestyle and the quality of workmanship and procedures, very excelllent. To your new T-3, congratulations for having a modest model airport in SEA, hope we have something like that soon.... Sorry PT, I just want to be fair....
adverg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:36 AM   #890
abskess
Mega Davao Area, Phils.

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveThinker View Post
IT IS JUST LIKE TERMINAL 2 WITH AN ADDITION OF HANGING CARDBOARD LIKE CEILING AFTER A BIG STORM, SORRY BUT THIS IS THE REALITY.

WHAT?! come on man...
abskess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #891
abskess
Mega Davao Area, Phils.

Likes (Received): 7

i really love everything in it...WOW! WOW! WOW! awesome!

this gives me more reason to be back to Singapore soon...

cant wait to visit and see T3...
abskess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #892
alvse

Likes (Received): 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositiveThinker View Post

what's with the caps? learn some net etiquette.
alvse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #893
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abskess View Post
i really love everything in it...WOW! WOW! WOW! awesome!

this gives me more reason to be back to Singapore soon...

cant wait to visit and see T3...
Thats great......Saw Manila in Amazing Race Asia....seems like a good place to visit....
Old November 30th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #894
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 332

Ohhh man. We still have this kinda overoptimistic pinoy around? Sigh...
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #895
MALAYSIAN
1Malaysia

Changi Airport to complete resurfacing of runways by next month

SINGAPORE : A S$50 million project to resurface Changi Airport's two runways and its taxiways will be fully completed by next month.

At peak periods, about 60 planes take off and land within an hour at Changi Airport thus resulting in a lot of wear and tear.

That was why the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) embarked on its first major runway resurfacing programme in late 2006.

Ken Teo Tiong Tian, Maintenance Engineer, CAAS, says: "As a norm, the lifespan of runway surfaces is about 20 years. However, as part of a maintenance programme, we do maintain a runway with localised repairs and resurfacing over time. But it has reached a point when it is no longer economical to carry out just localised repairs."

But it was a challenge to carry out the resurfacing work in one of the world's busiest airports.

First, pilots and airlines had to be given advance notice. Then as work was about to start, signs had to be set up to warn pilots what areas were out of bounds.

And unlike ordinary roads, which can be closed off for some time, that was not an option for the airport. So the authorities did the heavy work in phases - one runway at a time, during off-peak hours.

Mr Ken said: "For off-peak closure, we will close the entire runway from 1am to 3pm to facilitate the resurfacing work. During this period, a small part of the runway will be resurfaced and after 3pm the entire runway will be re-opened for operation."

However, before re-opening, a four-tier safety inspection had to be carried out to make sure there was no debris left behind, which could cause accidents.

During the final stages of work, the last part of a runway would be shut off for resurfacing, effectively shortening the usable length so that a 4-kilometre runway becomes almost a 3-kilometre runway.

However, that was still long enough for planes as big as the Boeing 747 to land and take off safely.

The resurfacing saw the old top layer removed and replaced by a new specially designed asphalt mix by NTU and international experts. The material is expected to withstand heavier aircraft and has better draining qualities.

The runway resurfacing has been carried out, with the last of the taxiway works expected to be completed by December. - CNA/ch

By Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 30 November 2007 1823 hrs
MALAYSIAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #896
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18211

Glitch hits baggage system at Changi
30 November 2007
Straits Times

Software error leads to several hundred bags being left off planes, some flight delays

THE passengers took off on their flights but their luggage, several hundred bags in all, never made it on board the departing aircraft at Changi Airport on Wednesday night.

There was a technical glitch in the baggage sorting system at Terminal 2. Lasting over three hours from about 5.30pm, it affected one in 10 departing bags and led to some flight delays as airport staff had to manually sort the bags and get them to the right aircraft.

Singapore Airlines - T2's main tenant - said that more than 500 of its bags were grounded.

Spokesman Stephen Forshaw said that as a result of the incident, 14 flights to cities in Australia, New Zealand, and India, among others, were delayed by between four and 33 minutes.

Confirming the incident, a Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) spokesman said that the hiccup was caused by a software error which affected an electronic component of the baggage sorting system.

About 90 per cent of all bags handled during the period met their flights, she said, adding that the glitch did not affect arriving luggage.

As for affected passengers, they discovered they were without clean clothes, toiletries and other essentials when they arrived at their destinations.

By late yesterday, almost all the bags were security-cleared and sent off to be reunited with their owners, Mr Forshaw said.

Apologising to affected customers for the inconvenience, he said that in such cases, wherever possible, the airline will deliver the bags to the doorsteps of the rightful owners.

He said: 'For those travelling away from their homes, we also made arrangements to provide them with a kit of essentials, such as toiletries, to tide them over till their bags could be delivered.'

Insured passengers may also be able to claim some compensation, said Mr Robert Khoo, chief executive officer of the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (Natas).

He said: 'We always advise people to buy insurance when they travel so that when things like this happen, they have some protection and avenue for compensation.'

Mr Forshaw said: 'From time to time, baggage handling systems at airports do malfunction.

'Obviously, we want to minimise those failures and the impact caused by them, and we reiterate our apology to affected customers for the inconvenience caused.'

The Straits Times understands that a minor glitch a few days ago led to about 25 bags missing their flights.

Changi Airport last had a major baggage problem two years ago in November 2005.

Close to 2,000 bags missed their flights when a computer glitch caused a five-hour breakdown in the luggage screening system.

The cause of the software problem on Wednesday is still being investigated, a CAAS spokesman said.

[email protected]

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:20 AM   #897
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Is it me or Singapore is kind of into 70s?

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 02:00 AM   #898
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignoramus View Post
Nov 30, 2007
Clear view soon from T3 gallery

I THANK Mr Andre Poon Hong Kit for his feedback about the Terminal 3 viewing gallery ('Visit to T3 left him disappointed'; ST, Nov 21).
We are pleased to inform Mr Poon that we have plans to remove some of the external sunshade panels at the viewing gallery. When the works are completed, passengers and visitors will have an unobstructed view of the airfield areas fronting Terminal 3's viewing gallery.

Other parts of the viewing gallery will continue to have sunshades that are programmed to open or close, depending on the time of day, so as to reduce glare in the terminal building.

We hope Mr Poon enjoyed his visit to Terminal 3 and look forward to his support for Changi Airport's newest terminal.

Koh Ming Sue
Deputy Director
(Engineering and Real Estate Development)
Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore
Great news.....
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:04 AM   #899
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singidunum View Post
Is it me or Singapore is kind of into 70s?
T1 is quite old though they did a bit of renovation

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:06 AM   #900
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16175

Oh my bad. I thought that photo was shot at some retro part of the new T3 Sorry.

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
changi airport, singapore, singapore airlines, south asian hub airport