daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #1481
koresh

Likes (Received): 1368

Supported Aircraft types

Click on image for larger view

Flickr photos : hkore

carlcox liked this post
koresh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #1482
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Nice pictures. You can see where each plane has to go in order for the gates to reach.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #1483
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

Air Mauritius A340-300

Singapore Airlines A340-500 being towed with the FWD cargo door open.
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #1484
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Just a quick question: soon, Singapore Airlines will discontinue its A340-500 services to EWR and LAX, both the longest nonstop flights in the world. What replacement flights will be in place for them, especially for SIN-EWR? I know the following...

- Singapore-New York (JFK) operates an A380 through FRA as SIN-FRA-JFK v.v.
- Singapore-Los Angeles operates an A380 through NRT as SIN-NRT-LAX v.v.

Will the cancellation of A345 services mean that both New York and Los Angeles will come down to one daily flight each, or will SQ mount additional one-stop flights in place? San Francisco has double-daily SQ flights (one via HKG, another via ICN)... hopefully, the airline will figure out which stopovers will be mounted to retain a high frequency on both New York and LA markets.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #1485
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Looks like Singapore Airlines will be mounting a third daily flight to Delhi from 27 October 2013 in time for the Winter 2013/14 season. The new flight will be operated with a B777-200, and there will be schedule adjustments during the Holiday season. Details:

Effective 27 October 2013:

SQ402 SIN0230 – 0545DEL 772 D
SQ406 SIN1725 – 2040DEL 773 D
SQ408 SIN1855 – 2210DEL 772 D

SQ401 DEL0940 – 1750SIN 772 D
SQ403 DEL2200 – 0610+1SIN 773 D
SQ407 DEL2355 – 0805+1SIN 772 D

Between 15 December 2013 and 15 February 2014:

SQ402 SIN0730 – 1045DEL 772 D
SQ408 SIN1550 – 1905DEL 772 D
SQ406 SIN1725 – 2040DEL 773 D

SQ401 DEL1200 – 2010SIN 772 D
SQ407 DEL2030 – 0440+1SIN 772 D
SQ403 DEL2200 – 0610+1SIN 773 D

Note: Existing SQ406/405 service will be re-numbered as SQ402/401 from 27 October 2013.

Source

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old July 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #1486
BNE01

Likes (Received): 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
I will help you out...

As much as I like Changi Airport, it does have possibly the ugliest carpet on the planet (other than Delhi Airport).
BNE01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1487
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

Likes (Received): 904

What are your thoughts, gentlemen, on your experience at each of Changi's three terminals?
georgiaame
Will Etihad do a bacon sandwich for that price? I didn't think so.

tullamarine I don't think Etihad (or Emirates for that matter) will do a bacon sandwich at any price!!! Qantas customers on Sydney/Melbourne-London lost bacon from the breakfast menu following the Emirates alliance.

BaconButty I finally understand the true horrors of globalization.
ScuderiaVincero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1488
WingWing

Likes (Received): 6798

T1 nice after reno but my fav still T3. T1 still have some homework to be done such as poor car park in T1 (no shelter). Left my car there for 4 days trip and came back found my car covered with leaves and other things plus the bird sh1t. Understand that they dont want to remove the old trees in the parking area but its really bad experience

T2 is okay, clean and good. T3 has high roof, nice design and lots of good foods as well in T3
WingWing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM   #1489
ddes

Likes (Received): 935

I think Terminal 2 is by far the worse - low ceilings, and there's a huge disparity in decor of concourses between those for the low cost carriers, full service carriers and the lone Lufthansa A380 gate.

Because Terminal 1 is a major hub for passengers connecting within and between their alliances, and the occasional "longer" connecting times between flights of different airlines, T1 appears to be more exciting airside as a terminal to cater to especially Economy Class passengers. T3 on the other hand has the luxury of being Singapore Airlines' hub, with minimal transfer time for connections, hence the main activity area as compared to T1 is lesser, with fewer facilities.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM   #1490
WingWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
I think Terminal 2 is by far the worse - low ceilings, and there's a huge disparity in decor of concourses between those for the low cost carriers, full service carriers and the lone Lufthansa A380 gate.

Because Terminal 1 is a major hub for passengers connecting within and between their alliances, and the occasional "longer" connecting times between flights of different airlines, T1 appears to be more exciting airside as a terminal to cater to especially Economy Class passengers. T3 on the other hand has the luxury of being Singapore Airlines' hub, with minimal transfer time for connections, hence the main activity area as compared to T1 is lesser, with fewer facilities.
T1 is nice for the transit passengers like the transit lounge but their skyview lounge really bad. T3 is the most luxury terminal
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:27 AM   #1491
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

Likes (Received): 904

I certainly won't be docking in T3 if I were coming from Kuala Lumpur
georgiaame
Will Etihad do a bacon sandwich for that price? I didn't think so.

tullamarine I don't think Etihad (or Emirates for that matter) will do a bacon sandwich at any price!!! Qantas customers on Sydney/Melbourne-London lost bacon from the breakfast menu following the Emirates alliance.

BaconButty I finally understand the true horrors of globalization.
ScuderiaVincero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #1492
klm.b777

Likes (Received): 32

Is there any news or a rendering about the new LCC T4..?????

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- A380's
klm.b777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #1493
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 3337

News from TODAY on the 19th of August 2013.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...66143997_n.jpg

source: TODAY

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Mith252 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #1494
Mith252

Pics posted by TovAver1573 on the new "Project Jewel".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TovAver1573 View Post
Project Jewel Artist Impression
[IMG]http://i43.************/15sao88.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/2w1tfrs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.************/vqnuhi.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i43.************/2zrhkkg.jpg[/IMG]

fieldsofdreams, sidney_jec liked this post
Mith252 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #1495
Mith252

News from CNA.

Quote:
Changi Airport's "Project Jewel" to be developed by CapitaMalls Asia
POSTED: 19 Aug 2013 11:18 AM

Changi Airport and mall developer CapitaMalls Asia will build an iconic mixed-use complex at the car park site in front of Terminal 1 codenamed "Project Jewel", which will boost the airport's handling capacity to 85 million passenger movements a year.

SINGAPORE: Changi Airport will build an iconic mixed-use complex with mall developer CapitaMalls Asia.

Changi Airport Group (CAG), which announced the partnership on Monday, said the project codenamed "Project Jewel" will be a world-class, signature lifestyle destination.

It will enable Changi Airport to capture the tourism market and boost Singapore's appeal as a stopover point for global travellers.

The complex will offer aviation and travel-related facilities, a wide range of retail offerings, as well as unique leisure attractions.

Project Jewel will be constructed on the car park site in front of Terminal 1 (T1), and will optimise the use of the 3.5-hectare plot of land.

As part of the redevelopment, T1 will also be expanded to allow more space for the arrival hall, baggage claim areas and taxi bays.

These enhancements will increase T1's passenger handling capacity to 24 million passenger movements per annum.

Project Jewel is also being designed to be architecturally iconic, with an impressive view of the complex from both the Airport Boulevard and the sky.

It will be designed by a consortium of design consultants led by world renowned architect Moshe Safdie, who designed Marina Bay Sands.

A key feature of the complex will be a large-scale, lush indoor garden with a breathtaking waterfall.

To be seamlessly connected to Terminals 1, 2 and 3, Project Jewel will serve as a node linking the three terminals, improving inter-terminal connectivity.

There are also plans for the complex to provide a central communal facility for the 32,000-strong airport community.

Project Jewel is one of the major infrastructure projects being undertaken at Changi Airport to build its capacity for growth and augment its position as a leading global air hub.

Another key infrastructure project is Terminal 4, a larger and enhanced terminal which will be built on the old Budget Terminal site.

With a planned capacity of 16 million passenger movements a year, the new terminal is in the final stages of planning, with construction to begin by the end of the year.

When completed, Project Jewel, together with Terminal 4, will boost Changi Airport's handling capacity to 85 million passenger movements a year, to cater for the airport’s growth into the next decade.

CAG also plans to increase its staff strength by about 180 people over the next four years, to staff the teams working on the two developments as well as other upcoming infrastructure projects.

This year alone, around 80 new employees will be recruited, said CAG.

- CNA/nd/xq
source: CNA
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #1496
Mith252

News from TODAY dated 20th August 2013.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...10783885_n.jpg

source: TODAY
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #1497
klm.b777

Likes (Received): 32

Any news or pictures about the new LCC Terminal 4..??????

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- A380's
klm.b777 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #1498
WingWing

wow!!! just as i thought when T1 car park will be used as something else, the govt release this new plan, cant wait as this project should be able to complete before 2020! Excited!
Old August 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #1499
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Whoa, Project Jewel seems to be a fantastic rendering of the future of Changi Airport! It's like a bridgeway connecting all three terminals, with added touches as having a mall, indoor garden, and underground parking (not to mention being a lifestyle destination too!). I must say, I will monitor this development because I really want to take lessons and cues on how to make an airport more accessible, comfortable, and enjoyable to an even bigger audience, and I want to think of a similar idea for Manila because I know it deserves something like this, albeit smaller.

Old August 21st, 2013, 02:27 AM   #1500
Mith252

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm.b777 View Post
Any news or pictures about the new LCC Terminal 4..??????
Not yet. It has already been awarded to a consortium led by SAA Architects.

http://sbr.com.sg/aviation/news/meet...ort-terminal-4

Tags
changi airport, singapore, singapore airlines, south asian hub airport