SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Belgrade, Serbia by Rascian

128K views 307 replies 84 participants last post by  Saor Alba 
#1 ·
Ok, after some time I decided to make my own photothread here. This is a mixed collection, new pics, but also some I've made in the last year, some of them were already posted in some others SSC threads.
I'll start with 15 pics, and adding new pics every few days.

1. On a cloudy day, traffic jam at Terazije square looking down to St Sava's temple.

2. St Marc church from the Kosovska street on a late afternoon light

3. Beginning of Cika Ljubina street going to Republical square, this is a new pedestrian zone parallel to the more famous and bigger Knez Mihajlova.

4. Different styles, textures and colors in Nemanjina street.

5. Just some detail

6. Concrete jungle in the middle of a real one :lol: That's just the greenery around Danube/Sava confluence with some New Belgrade's buildings in the background ( one of them the notorious Genex tower voted the second ugliest in the world)

7. One small street in the center

8. Monument to Saints Cyril and Methodius

9. Braca Jugovic street

10. Nice entrance of some building

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
11.. Resavska, at the end of the street you can see the frontal facade of St Marc church. ( an attempt to introduce some Haussmann's principles in Belgrade's urbanism).

12. Not unusual to see building with masonic symbols in some part of central Belgrade ( don't be scared :nuts:)

13. One of the last opportunities to see those buildings from this angle as a new building will raise on the left

14. Sculpture commemorating Cukur cesma event. ( Boy killed by turkish soldier in 1862. )

15. On a nice day everyone takes a walk at Kalemegdan park

#4 ·
Apparently Belgrade does have some nice pieces of architecture. Good to see that, never imagined. I mean even here on SSC I had only seen pics of commie blocks and that fugly building that IMO should be destroyed immediatly haha.

Very nice pics, thank you.

#6 · (Edited)
16. Saborna church, marking a new renewal era in Belgrade

17. Kralja Petra street, once an important commercial zone

18. Prizad building ( the white one), nice example of 1930' architecture

19. Going up from Kraljice Natalije to Kralj Milan street

20. Just one building I like ( you can notice a very bad photoshop work, I just had to hide one ugly air conditioner box :eek:hno:)

21. This would be the beginning of Francuska street ( Army club on the right)

22. Ruzica church in lower Kalemegdan was just a small ammunition storage building transformed in a religious building.

23. Some buildings in Karadjordjeva street, St Sava in the back

24. Nice iron fence on the windows

25. Austrian embassy and the dome of the Patriarchy building

26. Extension of the pedestrian zone in central downtown, and yes on the right the very first Chinese restaurant in Belgrade

#13 ·
Well, the number of visitors is increasing. But as said before there is a lot of work to do in Belgrade, with many neglected part in the city center, bad touristic infrastructure and so on.. Also there are more atractive cities not so far from Belgrade ( Budapest, Wien..)

27. Around the city hall

28. Details

29. Small street behind the old National bank

30. Entrance of the finance ministry

31. From the pedestrian zone

#17 · (Edited)
@ Sawovsky: Jesam nesto sa Zemunom, Novi Beograd slabije. Planiram vec duze vreme.

next pics

32. Zmaj Jovina street in summer

33. Skadarlija, the bohemian street

35. The "Ruski Car" ( Russian Tzar) cafe

36. Foggy winter day in Kondina street

37. Military museum (in the back) at Kalemegdan fortress

38. Nice facade

#22 ·
^^
thanks

next pics

45. Looking to Terazije square from Kolarceva street

46. A temporary park next to Slavija square

47. Despot's gate and tower at Kalemegdan fortress

48. End of Knez Mihajlova street with some modest but nice buildings

49. Detail of freshly renovated facade

50. Detail of a building in Nusiceva street

#25 ·
Is this building, second from right, neo serbo-byzantine style, althought it's not in specific red and white colours?
Yes it is, serbo-byzantine style in its simplified secessionist variant. Doesn't have always to be red/white :)

My absolute favourite:
I like that pic also very much. The resolution is not really good, but I have no time latelly to make a new pic from the same angle with my new camera. and plus the weather is really bad in Belgrade now...

#29 ·
56. St Sava temple from Svetosavska street

57. Tadeusa Koscuskog street view from a park

58. The parliament building

59. Academy of sciences from Cika Ljubina street

60. Kralja Milana street on a trafic free day

#30 · (Edited)
61. Kralja Petra street

62. Railway station

63. Little square near Kalenic

64. Prince Mihajlo statue and the National theatre

65. Knez Mihajlova street by night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.