daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Galleries and Creative Corner > Indian Cityscapes & Townscapes

Indian Cityscapes & Townscapes For images of Indian cities and towns



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #41
bharatiya
Swag Unmatched
 
bharatiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai, MH; New York, NY
Posts: 1,245
Likes (Received): 20

I'm liking the looks of this city. Seems very clean and I have heard that pollution is much lower compared to other Indian cities. Mini Mumbai? How so?
bharatiya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #42
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

hey bharratiya! it makes me extremely sorry to tell u that Indore is perhaps one of the most polluted Indian cities. and photos may look clean. and about mini mumbai, forget it. i think i debated over it in the chaibar air travelers thread. i don't wanna brag a lot about indore!! it is just a small city wid a population of less than 20 lakhs (source; wiki). but somehow, some decades back, people said that the lifestyle of people of mumbai and indore was same or something.films would be released in mumbai and indore on thursday while elsewhere they would be released on friday. ?But the malls ans shopping areas and small offices have ruined the city and since most malls and brands and shops are same in the country, it looks like any mediocre city of India like, vadodara, bhopal, kota,etc. it is most, should i call it cosmo city ?, in central india, for its mixed culture. more than 1/3rd of the population can speak marathi. morever, it is financial capital of M.P, just like mumbai is the financial capital of India.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #43
bharatiya
Swag Unmatched
 
bharatiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai, MH; New York, NY
Posts: 1,245
Likes (Received): 20

I'll blame my assumptions on lousy news reporting then
bharatiya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #44
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

this is the extension of Ujjain link road after its junction at the indore- ujjain highway which is under construction. they are making a big road here and will be a SEZ which will be named as "super corridor". It will connect Indore east through the western ring road to the airport. the airport is destined to become an international airport after some years. Haj charters already operate from Indore airport. and the airport is already an international cargo hub. second of its kind after nagpur in central india.

credits:myself
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #45
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

here's a pic of the u/c Sheraton hotel on MR-10

PHOTO CREDITS : MYSELF
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #46
Illusionist
India under construction.
 
Illusionist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: All
Posts: 4,538
Likes (Received): 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshul View Post
hey bharratiya! it makes me extremely sorry to tell u that Indore is perhaps one of the most polluted Indian cities. and photos may look clean. and about mini mumbai, forget it. i think i debated over it in the chaibar air travelers thread. i don't wanna brag a lot about indore!! it is just a small city wid a population of less than 20 lakhs (source; wiki). but somehow, some decades back, people said that the lifestyle of people of mumbai and indore was same or something.films would be released in mumbai and indore on thursday while elsewhere they would be released on friday. ?But the malls ans shopping areas and small offices have ruined the city and since most malls and brands and shops are same in the country, it looks like any mediocre city of India like, vadodara, bhopal, kota,etc. it is most, should i call it cosmo city ?, in central india, for its mixed culture. more than 1/3rd of the population can speak marathi. morever, it is financial capital of M.P, just like mumbai is the financial capital of India.

I agree. i have lived in indore for a long time, though i love the city, i am so sad about the state of infrastructure in the city. its like a overgrown village. nothing is planned, govt couldnt even ban tempo's due to the tempo lobby and politics. one bridge takes forever to build and the existing one is poorly designed. i have been moving between jaipur and indore for a long time and at one point they both were alomst the same and now jaipur is miles ahead.
na bijli hai, na pani hai , na sadak hai...

but i disagree on bhopal being medicore city, i am impressed by bhopal's progress and cleanliness. it is well connected and has some rule of law. indore is just hopeless.
Illusionist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #47
sidney_jec
Complex Equation
 
sidney_jec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshul View Post
here's a pic of the u/c Sheraton hotel on MR-10

PHOTO CREDITS : MYSELF
are u sure its a Sheraton??
its website does not show any Sheraton in Indore
__________________
One day, the earth will consume you. What you consume decides when you will be consumed - Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

myIncredibleIndia | flickr | Sids Photography | Will you fight a monkey?
sidney_jec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #48
ankushgupta
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 354
Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatiya View Post
Mini Mumbai? How so?
Indore got this tag because of a large number of cotton mills similar to mumbai back in 80s and 90s. Another reason may be large Marathi and Gujarati population. I really don't see anything special about life style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionist View Post
but i disagree on bhopal being medicore city, i am impressed by bhopal's progress and cleanliness. it is well connected and has some rule of law. indore is just hopeless.
The difference between Bhopal and Indore is very close to the difference between Mumbai and Delhi.
ankushgupta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #49
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionist View Post
I agree. i have lived in indore for a long time, though i love the city, i am so sad about the state of infrastructure in the city. its like a overgrown village. nothing is planned, govt couldnt even ban tempo's due to the tempo lobby and politics. one bridge takes forever to build and the existing one is poorly designed. i have been moving between jaipur and indore for a long time and at one point they both were alomst the same and now jaipur is miles ahead.
na bijli hai, na pani hai , na sadak hai...
i agree with your statement completely but does that not happen in any politically sensitive area? Indore is moving really slowly when compared to the other cities. But the positive thing is that it is moving! moreover, call it a result of good governance or something else, jaipur is like that- clean and modern, because or being a 'rajdhani'. When you compare Kota with indore for instance, i m sure you wud find Indore better. because both are the industrial towns of their respective states. Politics definitely is ruining the city.

Quote:
but i disagree on bhopal being medicore city, i am impressed by bhopal's progress and cleanliness. it is well connected and has some rule of law. indore is just hopeless.
the perpetual debate between Indore and Bhopal is just like the one between MUM and DEL. you see Bhopal gets a lot of attention being the capital of the state and i am proud that at least the capital of my state is clean- as people have acknowledged.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #50
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushgupta View Post
Indore got this tag because of a large number of cotton mills similar to mumbai back in 80s and 90s. Another reason may be large Marathi and Gujarati population. I really don't see anything special about life style.
yes. i have not been able to figure out exactly why people have given Indore that sobriquet. you seem to be correct.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 06:27 AM   #51
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

this is the building that houses the office of Radio Mirchi. Radio mirchi, the first private radio channel started its operations for the first time in india 7 cities; one of them was Indore. photo credits: indiapropertyexpert.com


Last edited by Anshul; January 30th, 2010 at 06:39 AM.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #52
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

this is what Bombay hospital circle looks like. photo credits:jay

Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #53
India101
.
 
India101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,425
Likes (Received): 1951

Great pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney_jec View Post
are u sure its a Sheraton??
its website does not show any Sheraton in Indore
I can't find any other info on it either. Anshul do you know anything else about it?
__________________
South Mumbai Project Map
███████
█████
███████
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #54
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by India101 View Post
Great pics



I can't find any other info on it either. Anshul do you know anything else about it?
i dunno while i was going through ujjain link road, with a real estate agent, he told me this. and it was displayed on the advertisement of that residential project. that this project is in close proximity to u/c Sheraton hotel and proposed new railway station on BG.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 05:13 PM   #55
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

central mall, RNT marg, indore
photo credits:panoramio.com

PIC 2:

Last edited by Anshul; January 31st, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 08:42 PM   #56
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

This is a colonial era building which was renamed as "Mahatma Gandhi Town Hall".this is the place where most extravagant events used to happen till some decades ago. now this place is mostly used for book fair and food festivals. it is situated just next to the district court on the M.G road. Gandhi hall is beautifully illuminated in this pic. on the occasions such as I-day, R-day and Gandhi Jayanti, corporation doesthis excellent job of making these places beautiful by illuminating them
image courtesy: Daewoo_4 from flickr.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 08:49 PM   #57
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

this is how it looks during in daylight

credits: panoramio.com
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:54 PM   #58
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

THIS IS WHAT MG ROAD LOOKS LIKE.

Last edited by Anshul; January 17th, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:56 PM   #59
Anshul
Registered User
 
Anshul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indore/ Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 739
Likes (Received): 8

DELETE
Anshul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 12:01 PM   #60
engineer.akash
Citizen of the milky way
 
engineer.akash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tier two cities
Posts: 30,927
Likes (Received): 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anshul View Post
THIS IS WHAT MG ROAD LOOKS LIKE.
Wat is that biker doing on the footpath?? The other guy is also following him.??
__________________
LOVE INDIA SERVE INDIA

TIER TWO CITIES RAKSHAK
engineer.akash no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu