daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #181
Kazurro
Con la roja a muerte.

Likes (Received): 1577

I agree with the idea of a FIFA Club World Cup expanded. It's a compettion that could be very interesting specially if the level of the teams outside Europe keeps improving.

However why having it always in the same city?
Kazurro no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #182
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
According to officials, there will be certain areas that will sell beer and alcholic drinks for fans.
Sorry but that's not enough. Whole point of World Cup is for fans from all over the world meet and have fun. With such limitations its just pointless.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #183
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Sorry but that's not enough. Whole point of World Cup is for fans from all over the world meet and have fun. With such limitations its just pointless.
Here is the drinking area...

Wezza no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #184
Gherkin
actual gherkin

Likes (Received): 515

That's a great promotional video, but the stadium concepts raise a few eyebrows.
Gherkin no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #185
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

I don't see how this could get past an Aussie or US bid. :/
Solopop no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #186
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

beer and alcholic is already sold in hotels and i dont think it will be foreclosed and they talk about that before and they said it will be avalable for the fans and about the wither its solved with the air conditioners stadiums and they dont have any problem for Israel to come and play
we like football
we want it to be in Qatar
and we welcome all the world

according to the sadiums each one is inspired by the environment based country, i think they are amasing and there are another 5 or 7 staidums i dont know how they will be but i am sure what has been disclosed is a little/nothing, and whats hidden the greatest from satdioums and other things.
They didnt bid to it as a play, they are serious and plan for every single thing

Last edited by love-qatar; April 30th, 2010 at 08:49 PM.
love-qatar no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #187
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post
beer and alcholic is already sold in hotels and i dont think it will be foreclosed and they talk about that before and they said it will be avalable for the fans and about the wither its solved with the air conditioners stadiums and they dont have any problem for Israel to come and play
we like football
we want it to be in Qatar
and we welcome all the world
Do you have no principles! Acknowledging Israelis existence for three weeks and then going right back to denying it.

Perhaps my eyes are bad but I am not seeing the AC aspect in the renders. Doo each of these stadiums have a transparent glass roof on seemingly standard open air roofs that is not indicated by the pictures?
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #188
Chimbanha

Likes (Received): 1965

Quote:
Whole point of World Cup is for fans from all over the world meet and have fun. With such limitations its just pointless.
No, it's not. You're talking about Oktoberfest, not the World Cup. The point of the World Cup is having the best football teams in the world compete for the championship.

The argument you used is also used by people who expect every World Cup to be in Europe.
Chimbanha no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #189
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimbanha View Post
The point of the World Cup is having the best football teams in the world compete for the championship.
It's grown over being just that ages ago. It's one the the biggest cultural and social events in the world. And i don't see why should it be changed, modified or limited in any point... especially when there are so many countries all over the world that want and could host it.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #190
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Do you have no principles! Acknowledging Israelis existence for three weeks and then going right back to denying it.

Perhaps my eyes are bad but I am not seeing the AC aspect in the renders. Doo each of these stadiums have a transparent glass roof on seemingly standard open air roofs that is not indicated by the pictures?
Erm, what my friend meant was that the officials have stated, if by any chance Israel makes it to the finals, Qatar would welcome them like any other team, Aljazeera Sport already showed Israeli football matches before which used to be considered as taboo in the middle east.

just to clarify the stadiums are "open" this is ehy the cooling technology will cool the air in the stadium from temperaatures as high as 47 in mid day to 27 degrees celsius, you do know that cool air is heavier than warm air so the cool air will stay in the stadium as long as the cooling keeps working maintaining the temperature.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #191
love-qatar

an example of a well organized
is the match between Brazil and England friendly in Doha last november

where u can see the fans the well organize and how people enjoy the activities before, between and after the match.

the stadium was full of 50,000

the referee was from qatar

here is a video presents the masses before the game and events that took place before the start of the match outside the stadium, i was not there to know if there was BEER or not but they had fun from the pics and the video which is infront of me

http://www.youtube.com/qatar2022bid#p/u/5/83Zn2ds1jE8

Nots the cheaper price of the ticket was 150 US dollers and it was behind the goals and the highest was 450 US dollers which was compartment side so the tickest was not cheep so every 1 can g for it.
Old May 1st, 2010, 12:50 AM   #192
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimbanha View Post
You're talking about Oktoberfest, not the World Cup. The point of the World Cup is having the best football teams in the world compete for the championship.

The argument you used is also used by people who expect every World Cup to be in Europe.
Have you ever seen a WC from your own eyes (I mean in the host country).... ??
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 1st, 2010, 02:11 AM   #193
Inferious

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post
an example of a well organized
is the match between Brazil and England friendly in Doha last november
well organized? 2006 asian games when it started to rain during the opening ceremony and they had no plan and mass chaos erupted. thats why qatar lost bid for 2016
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:07 AM   #194
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Erm, what my friend meant was that the officials have stated, if by any chance Israel makes it to the finals, Qatar would welcome them like any other team, Aljazeera Sport already showed Israeli football matches before which used to be considered as taboo in the middle east.
Selling out your principles just so you get a games is petty. I will not judge if I think the boycott is ridiculous or not but my goodness if you are going to accept them do it because you want to and think its time to end the hate and if not then don't accept the team until you think there is justice. To do it for expediency of being awarded a sports games? Can't say I respect that.
Quote:
just to clarify the stadiums are "open" this is ehy the cooling technology will cool the air in the stadium from temperatures as high as 47 in mid day to 27 degrees celsius, you do know that cool air is heavier than warm air so the cool air will stay in the stadium as long as the cooling keeps working maintaining the temperature.
Sounds terribly inefficient and wasteful. Are there examples of this done anywhere in the world and what the cost differences are between this method and what it would cost to put on a proper retractable or permanent roof?
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:33 AM   #195
love-qatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferious View Post
well organized? 2006 asian games when it started to rain during the opening ceremony and they had no plan and mass chaos erupted. thats why qatar lost bid for 2016
yes they take the right action to cancel some of the show, its for the people safty because of the wither, but what do u mean by they lost control or the mass??

it was in the winter on Dec and they summer gams on summer on July or Aug whats that has to do with thats why qatar lost bid for 2016? do you mean the wither? because thats was in wentar?

its the best opening cermony and the best closing and the best organised and its what all who saw and attent this games said. china by it self said we are in a big truble because of that asian games and what Qatar did we have to do better than that in our summer games thats what chinese olympic committee president

everyone impressed about what he saw in Doha 2006, can you give me 3 defects?

its was the Games of your Life and i think it was really
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:40 AM   #196
love-qatar

Quote:
Sounds terribly inefficient and wasteful. Are there examples of this done anywhere in the world and what the cost differences are between this method and what it would cost to put on a proper retractable or permanent roof?
yes in Qatar in Al-Sadd Stadium we comes out with this idea and they try it before and they decided to implement that in Khalifa stadium as well because it pass
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:51 AM   #197
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Actually, though technically, the Doha 2006 Asian Games were a success overall. What lost Doha the 2016 Olympics was their insistence on hosting the games in October, and not the ideal time of June/July/August (where they logically stated that weather was a concern).

The unideal time, in spite of excellent infrastructure, caused Doha the candidacy, which could have gotten them the games.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old May 1st, 2010, 11:28 AM   #198
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Selling out your principles just so you get a games is petty. I will not judge if I think the boycott is ridiculous or not but my goodness if you are going to accept them do it because you want to and think its time to end the hate and if not then don't accept the team until you think there is justice. To do it for expediency of being awarded a sports games? Can't say I respect that.

From the main website:

The bid unveiled five eco-friendly, carbon-neutral stadia to media fanfare in Dubai in April. The five stadia are: Al-Khor, Al-Wakrah, Al-Shamal, Al-Rayyan and Al-Gharafa .

Each of the five stadiums will harness the power of the suns rays to provide a cool environment for players and fans by converting solar energy into electricity that will then be used to cool both fans and players at the stadiums. When games are not taking place, the solar installations at the stadia will export energy onto the power grid. During matches, the stadia will draw energy from the grid. This is the basis for the stadiums’ carbon-neutrality.

The upper tier of each of the five stadiums will be removed after the tournament. They will then be donated to developing countries that lack sports infrastructure. During the FIFA World Cup™, if we win the right to host, the capacity of each stadium will be able to accommodate between 40,000 and 50,000 fans. When the tournament ends, the lower tiers of the stadia will remain in Qatar, able to accommodate between 20,000 and 25,000 fans, suitable for local football, while the upper tiers will be sent to developing nations.

We see sending the stadiums to developing nations as an integral part of our bid, as doing so will allow for the further development of football on the global stage. Along with the stadiums, we plan to make the cooling technologies we’ve developed available to other countries in hot climates, so that they too can host major sporting events.

www.qatar2022bid.com

Quote:
Yeah and i heard 10 people died along with a burnt down building. it only rained before and after the ceremony, get your facts right people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord David View Post
Actually, though technically, the Doha 2006 Asian Games were a success overall. What lost Doha the 2016 Olympics was their insistence on hosting the games in October, and not the ideal time of June/July/August (where they logically stated that weather was a concern).

The unideal time, in spite of excellent infrastructure, caused Doha the candidacy, which could have gotten them the games.
Finally, someone with correct information.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; May 1st, 2010 at 11:34 AM.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:29 AM   #199
Inferious

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
From the main website:

The bid unveiled five eco-friendly, carbon-neutral stadia to media fanfare in Dubai in April. The five stadia are: Al-Khor, Al-Wakrah, Al-Shamal, Al-Rayyan and Al-Gharafa .

Each of the five stadiums will harness the power of the suns rays to provide a cool environment for players and fans by converting solar energy into electricity that will then be used to cool both fans and players at the stadiums. When games are not taking place, the solar installations at the stadia will export energy onto the power grid. During matches, the stadia will draw energy from the grid. This is the basis for the stadiums’ carbon-neutrality.

The upper tier of each of the five stadiums will be removed after the tournament. They will then be donated to developing countries that lack sports infrastructure. During the FIFA World Cup™, if we win the right to host, the capacity of each stadium will be able to accommodate between 40,000 and 50,000 fans. When the tournament ends, the lower tiers of the stadia will remain in Qatar, able to accommodate between 20,000 and 25,000 fans, suitable for local football, while the upper tiers will be sent to developing nations.

We see sending the stadiums to developing nations as an integral part of our bid, as doing so will allow for the further development of football on the global stage. Along with the stadiums, we plan to make the cooling technologies we’ve developed available to other countries in hot climates, so that they too can host major sporting events.

www.qatar2022bid.com

Yeah and i heard 10 people died along with a burnt down building. it only rained before and after the ceremony, get your facts right people.

Finally, someone with correct information.
YES, OK and after the ceremony, some people were forced to stand outside and were soaked in rain, and the officials had no idea what to do. GET your facts right and yes other reason was that they wanted to host it in october.

Last edited by Inferious; May 2nd, 2010 at 03:23 AM.
Inferious no está en línea  
Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:11 AM   #200
plasticterminator

Likes (Received): 16

Why has the 3rd stadium got a beach winbreaker wrapped around it?
plasticterminator no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022