daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 21st, 2010, 12:16 AM   #1981
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
Here's what I still don't get and haven't gotten an explanation on. Why does the Arab world deserve a World Cup? How many times are we going to micro-regionalize the world? If the Arab world becomes an area that deserves a World Cup then what about the Caribbean? Don't they? How about West Africa? Oceania hasn't hosted either. I hate these micro-regionalizations. They're ridiculous. FIFA has broken the world up by confederation and that should be it. There shouldn't be any further regionalization. Seriously, what makes the Arab world deserve a World Cup more than the other micro-regions in the world?
well all these names can be working on this area (Middle East, Arab world, old world) at same time Qatar also is part of Asia and some people calling Arab Gulf countries (The Arab Land).

there is an overlap between history and geography and political in these names.
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:18 AM   #1982
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Qatar is not representative of the middle east, Qatar is a joke, no culture, no history. Just the other week Qatar chucked 2 Egyptians for espionage against Qatar into prison, no trial, nothing. Qatar is a failure at football, Qatar is a failure at meeting the FIFA requirements and quite frankly Qatar's bid should be withdrawn ASAP to avoid further embarrassment and wasting of time for everyone concerned.
since you revealed your ugly face no more debate with you.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:49 AM   #1983
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
well if Qatar won the hosting you can says it is also first islamic country to host the world cup because this did not happen before too.
I agree with ryebreadraz's criticism of micro-regionalizing the WC particularly along religous lines. As if that is what the world needs more of.

That said if you were going to go with first "Muslim nation" to host then Turkey or Iran along with many others would be more appropriate representatives in terms of population, geography, soccer history, etc.
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:58 AM   #1984
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
well all these names can be working on this area (Middle East, Arab world, old world) at same time Qatar also is part of Asia and some people calling Arab Gulf countries (The Arab Land).

there is an overlap between history and geography and political in these names.
Understood, but why does whatever name you want to throw on it make it so you should host a World Cup? At what point do we stop micro-regionalizing things? If the Middle East, Arab world or whatever deserves a World Cup, then shouldn't the other micro-regionals deserve one too? The only relevant region I see is Asia, which doesn't deserve a World Cup and is on equal footing with everyone else so why do you and other Qatari's say that the Arab world (or whatever you want to call the micro-region) deserves a World Cup when there are so many other micro-regions who haven't gotten one either.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:09 AM   #1985
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Quote:
Here's what I still don't get and haven't gotten an explanation on. Why does the Arab world deserve a World Cup? How many times are we going to micro-regionalize the world? If the Arab world becomes an area that deserves a World Cup then what about the Caribbean? Don't they? How about West Africa? Oceania hasn't hosted either. I hate these micro-regionalizations. They're ridiculous. FIFA has broken the world up by confederation and that should be it. There shouldn't be any further regionalization. Seriously, what makes the Arab world deserve a World Cup more than the other micro-regions in the world?
+1!

I believe Micronesia should host the 2022 World Cup? Why? Because it would provide a compact World Cup and is the only bidding city hasn't hosted the Olympic Games as a stepping stone!!111one!1
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:19 AM   #1986
SuCumaethor

Quote:
+1

If Australia gets to host 2018 world cup can Qatar host next wc in 2022? Both Australia and Qatar are members of AFC...
SuCumaethor no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:18 AM   #1987
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Understood, but why does whatever name you want to throw on it make it so you should host a World Cup? At what point do we stop micro-regionalizing things? If the Middle East, Arab world or whatever deserves a World Cup, then shouldn't the other micro-regionals deserve one too? The only relevant region I see is Asia, which doesn't deserve a World Cup and is on equal footing with everyone else so why do you and other Qatari's say that the Arab world (or whatever you want to call the micro-region) deserves a World Cup when there are so many other micro-regions who haven't gotten one either.

x 200,000
which is the amount of Qatari Nationals
FIFA-6 confederations and thats it,there is no rotation based on language or religion
1 Confederation will never host but has 1 chance to at least be represented by a former founding member.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:28 AM   #1988
mattec

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
since you revealed your ugly face no more debate with you.
mattec no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:39 AM   #1989
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCumaethor View Post
+1

If Australia gets to host 2018 world cup can Qatar host next wc in 2022? Both Australia and Qatar are members of AFC...
No,and no
Firstly only England ,Spain/Portugal,Russia ,Holland/Belgium and the USA are bidding for 2018
Secondly,If Australia were lucky enough to get 2022 then Qatar would have to wait until 2034 in a proper technically compliant joint bid with UAE where they would have a far greater chance of at least being shortlisted for the vote(unlike Olympics 2016 where the IOC realised all the very points we have been bringing up))
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:57 AM   #1990
SuCumaethor

Thanks _X_
Update your avatar then . I knew I saw somewhere Australia 2018-2022...
SuCumaethor no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 05:06 AM   #1991
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

This bid omits life respect. qatarson, may I inquire as to your job? And can you please gve us your interpretation of PR, logistics and how the **** people will actually enjoy themselves? There is nothing to do in Qatar!
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM   #1992
pathfinder_2010

Likes (Received): 5

one thing is for sure. if this bid wins, qatar will have to go out and hire more migrant workers to help them build their infrastructure. good for job creation but not permanent. If only Qatar had a big enough population... there will be a rising cost of living because of the stadia and city development but will there be people to pay for them ? Migrant workers will not pay those prices.
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:20 AM   #1993
Tallsmurf

Likes (Received): 18

Qatar will not get the WC for the same reasons it did not get the Olympics - it is too small. Full stop.

Qatar's best chances are by putting in a joint bid with UAE.
Opening ceremony in Doha, pools in Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Sharjah - possibly add in Bahrain & Kuwait - Final in Dubai.

It would be feasible.
Tallsmurf no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:32 AM   #1994
Tallsmurf

Incidentally, Ramadan should fall between 15th May and 12th June in 2018, with Eid falling immediately afterwards, so the World Cup (which is traditionally held in June) would have to be moved back so that it started after say 15th June.

Not an insurmountable problem, but a factor that needs to be considered.
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:46 AM   #1995
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Tallsmurf, do you know when Ramadan will finish in 2022?
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:46 AM   #1996
ryebreadraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallsmurf View Post
Incidentally, Ramadan should fall between 15th May and 12th June in 2018, with Eid falling immediately afterwards, so the World Cup (which is traditionally held in June) would have to be moved back so that it started after say 15th June.

Not an insurmountable problem, but a factor that needs to be considered.
They're only bidding for 2022, not 2018. Where does it fall in 2022 and will it be an issue at all?
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:21 AM   #1997
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuCumaethor View Post
Thanks _X_
Update your avatar then . I knew I saw somewhere Australia 2018-2022...
Ha-I would if I could.Can't find one anywhere
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:23 AM   #1998
Tallsmurf

Quote:
They're only bidding for 2022, not 2018. Where does it fall in 2022 and will it be an issue at all?
Ooops - You are right - Ramadan moves forward by 11 days a year, so it will be cleared by end of May so no problem. However festival of Eid will then be falling around 11th July so Final would need to be held before then.
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:24 AM   #1999
ryebreadraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallsmurf View Post
Ooops - You are right - Ramadan moves forward by 11 days a year, so it will be cleared by end of May so no problem. However festival of Eid will then be falling around 11th July so Final would need to be held before then.
No problem, then. The final will fit in nicely the weekend before that.
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:25 AM   #2000
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
sure this area deserve to host world cup as many other regions too. This area has more than 400 millions person want to see the worldcup for first time and there many teams qualified for the World Cup from this area.

what different in 2022 bid ? there only two new countries bid on 2022 (Australia , Qatar ) Australia adopted Australian dreams while Qatar adopted officaly Arabs & Middle East dream and worked on this during it is bid stages.

12 April 2010 the 33rd Conference of Arab Youth and Sports Ministers backs officaly the Qatar bid.

if was there any lobby or huge movements from new bid im sure FIFA & Mr Blatter will welcome this they want to spread the football around the world but I did not see such movements during 2022 but im sure now there many area & countries will think about it and we will see new changes in next years.

South Africa backs Qatar bid and the reason because Qatar voted for South Africa 2010 that kind of exchange interests between countries or areas but South Africa do not have seat currenlty in FIFA but therefore contributed greatly to collection African votes in favor of Qatar.

I remember one of media agencies which strongly criticizes Qatar bid and said all circumstances and indicators against Qatar, but one thing can be the reason to host Qatar the world cup it is public relations.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022