daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM   #2021
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

For the 4th time, and on topic, answer the question.

The "you hate Qatar" story has expired.

Answer the question.
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:47 AM   #2022
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
I have told kenni about your acts and I can easly contact Jan too and will not take this matter from offical person more than seconds to drive what been wrote here to Qatar bid legal affairs to move against these ridges in such large forum.
if the qatari bid is remotely worried about what a bunch of losers on some forum think they are in real trouble
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:57 AM   #2023
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
For the 4th time, and on topic, answer the question.

The "you hate Qatar" story has expired.

Answer the question.
im done and I will not write any more in this section while you are mod on it
qatarson no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:05 PM   #2024
Mo Rush

Just a reminder to all forumers.

Accusations of racism are taken as seriously as racist remarks.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:12 PM   #2025
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
im done and I will not write any more in this section while you are mod on it
I doubt this.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:19 PM   #2026
Tallsmurf

Likes (Received): 18

I remember a similar discussion taking place when Doha applied for Olympic Games. There are some people on this board who are blinded by the dream and can not take an objective look at the facts.

Yes Qatar is immensely rich and can throw money at such events, but it is simply too small for consideration for World Cup, Olympics etc. It does not have the infrastucture or tourist facilities or local spectators.

Sure it can build stadia and maybe rail links (although looking at the ridiculous time taken for road construction I have my doubts).

FIFA specify the minimum requirements in their Hosting Agreement - this changes regularly and is not absolute, but FIFA have been very consistent about one stadium per city - they will accept two in major cities such as London or Paris - but will never accept 10 in one city. Lusail and Al Rayaan are only suburbs of Doha, and some of the 'cities' such as Al Shamal are actually smaller than the proposed stadium size.

It is a nice dream to have but it is not going to happen. Move on.
Tallsmurf no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM   #2027
Mo Rush

I disagree with regards to an Olympic Games in Doha. Yes it faces issues but its presented a high quality bid that on paper is feasible, funded, and makes use of existing high quality sports venue...all of this just after hosting the most successful Asian Games.

At the moment Doha hosts sports events of a quality and quantity to rival major cities, and its no surprise it features as one of the top sports cities in the world.

It has an aggressive sports bidding or events strategy backed by sponsors and government, and in most cases using existing venues. Weather aside, 2016 may have been way to soon for Doha but 2028, 2032....? Its size as a city and in other areas may become a non-issue, and its scores in the 2016 Working Group report of the IOC are only going to increase in future given its pace of development.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 02:23 PM   #2028
Kintoy
BAND

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Why you come in here spead your hate.? all think Qatar cant win but 9 vote alredy will win
how is hoping for Australia spreading hate?
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:07 PM   #2029
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6446

I think he's mocking the Qatari's
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM   #2030
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallsmurf View Post
I remember a similar discussion taking place when Doha applied for Olympic Games. There are some people on this board who are blinded by the dream and can not take an objective look at the facts.

Yes Qatar is immensely rich and can throw money at such events, but it is simply too small for consideration for World Cup, Olympics etc. It does not have the infrastucture or tourist facilities or local spectators.

Sure it can build stadia and maybe rail links (although looking at the ridiculous time taken for road construction I have my doubts).

FIFA specify the minimum requirements in their Hosting Agreement - this changes regularly and is not absolute, but FIFA have been very consistent about one stadium per city - they will accept two in major cities such as London or Paris - but will never accept 10 in one city. Lusail and Al Rayaan are only suburbs of Doha, and some of the 'cities' such as Al Shamal are actually smaller than the proposed stadium size.

It is a nice dream to have but it is not going to happen. Move on.

Very well put mate
Although I think that Qatar certainly have a chance with the Summer Games and also in a joint GCC bid for the FIFA World Cup in the next decade of bidding.
Many of the big nations that are far more universally acceptable fail all the time in bidding so it shouldn't be a such a surprise

Qatar must take the positives out of this-that there is now a proper pathway for them to co host,which didn't officially exist until June 7.That joint bid will be formidable if the world can accept the idea of hosting in such a so called "hostile" part of the globe which might take some time but I'm sure will occur
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:24 PM   #2031
mattec

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:

and yeah Qatar is not one city bid.
It might as well be. To put this into perspective, the state of Connecticut, the third smallest state (area) in the US, has an area of 5,543 sq mi and a population of 3,518,288; Qatar has an area of 4,416 sq mi and a population of 1,696,563. Connecticut's largest metro, Hartford, has a population of1,059,878. Doha, Qatar's largest city, has a population of 998,651. The standard of living can be considered comparible in both places.

Overall, the Qatari WC bid is like hosting a WC in a place not quite as large (area) as a small US state like connecticut, with a little less than half of the population

Qatar's bid is a joke
mattec no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:19 PM   #2032
venki04ss

Likes (Received): 0

12 venues .. 6 venues in Doha.? LoL this is funny. I don't think how FIFA will allow each city have 6 venues.. Some other countries will start protest against FIFA. Current FIFA rules Each city have atleast 2 venue's. How it possible 6 venue's in Doha.

Forget WORLD CUP in Qatar. It is small Country. Olympic's is better in QATAR not Football World Cup.

Qatarson: U speak more debate. U cannot win in your heart at all.
venki04ss no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:06 AM   #2033
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 3

Come on, you still write on this thread? 104 pages It is pretty funny. All others but Qataris write that Qatar wont get organization, and those Qatari guys are forcing statements that Qatar will, that is capalbe, that has capacities. Hilarious thread.

P.S. I dont know how FIFA allowed them to stay in "race" for WC when they offered ONLY ONE CITY.
Livno80101 no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:56 AM   #2034
Rabat with love 2
Rabat

Likes (Received): 512

Doha should bid for the Olympics not a FIFA World cup
or a co-hosting W.C between all the Gulf countries
Rabat with love 2 no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:03 AM   #2035
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
Come on, you still write on this thread? 104 pages It is pretty funny. All others but Qataris write that Qatar wont get organization, and those Qatari guys are forcing statements that Qatar will, that is capalbe, that has capacities. Hilarious thread.

P.S. I dont know how FIFA allowed them to stay in "race" for WC when they offered ONLY ONE CITY.
Well FIFA do not want to do what the IOC did by dropping Doha.

I don't think its worth the effort for FIFA. Valcke is not dumb, he knows this bid is impossible on paper and in reality, not just in Qatar but for any country with any amount of money offering a single city concept.

I assume bidders pay FIFA a fee to be part of the process.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:14 AM   #2036
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Well FIFA do not want to do what the IOC did by dropping Doha.

I don't think its worth the effort for FIFA. Valcke is not dumb, he knows this bid is impossible on paper and in reality, not just in Qatar but for any country with any amount of money offering a single city concept.

I assume bidders pay FIFA a fee to be part of the process.
Yes, that's the only logical explanation. Especial this last line. But I didnt wanted to say so, as there would come some people who attack me when I say something about corruption in FIFA and UEFA and organizations like that.
Livno80101 no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:21 AM   #2037
Mo Rush

The IOC and FIFA are very different in terms of their bid processes.

The IOC provides exact scores in every area and wants lots of details, this is why I say a Doha Olympic bid was of a high quality, there is no denying that.

For the IOC to have dropped Doha was a big deal and a giant decision for the IOC.

All FIFA has to do is release a vague report...."Qatar's bid is not satisfactory at this stage or "not feasible"...and then thats the end of that.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:27 AM   #2038
Kenni
What?

Well, we're not in the business of "killing" topics here. Opinions are welcomed, but until the WC Committee officially "kills" a candidate, we shouldn't imply it. We can have opinions on it's unlikeliness, no matter how tempting it is to say that's the end of it, it officially isn't. It's not productive for the forum.
Kenni no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:42 AM   #2039
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenni View Post
Well, we're not in the business of "killing" topics here. Opinions are welcomed, but until the WC Committee officially "kills" a candidate, we shouldn't imply it. We can have opinions on it's unlikeliness, no matter how tempting it is to say that's the end of it, it officially isn't. It's not productive for the forum.
The topic is definitely not closed. I'm not sure that we have seen or confirmed all the venues being presented to FIFA. I could be wrong.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 22nd, 2010, 03:05 AM   #2040
Mo Rush

The Lusail stadium looks really cool, just like all the other new stadiums . Apparently, 86,000 seats and within 7 km of Doha.
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022