daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 29th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #2081
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^
Why is that?
Solopop no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #2082
Solopop
Solopop

Also you seem to be an advocate of smoking - something that is proven to cause cancers, why is that?
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #2083
Kenni
What?

I'm not going to devote all my energy in constantly babysitting some of you. You know exactly who you are, and what you are doing, and why you do it.

I advise you all to refresh your minds reviewing the Stadium and Sport Arenas Rules and Regulations.

It seems some of you have the ultimate purpose of turning everything into a battleground; and that will be dealt with.
Kenni no está en línea  
Old September 29th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #2084
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Can somebody add a render of the Khalifa Stadium when fully completed? i.e. a roof over both ends... have these been released?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:40 AM   #2085
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
nobody can work in Gulf countries in Tourist Visa and if he did ?? this consider as crime and he must came from a country without rule or laws

ummm...what?

there millions come to Qatar , Dubai , Bahrain or other GCC countries for tourist and sport events , Exhibitions , Shopping and even study in Qatar international univesities.
There are not millions...thousands if your lucky. The point is whilst you may have those things (although its all flash no substance) the simple fact is ALL the other bidding countries are much much much better at these things.

It's stupid to talk about stuff you don't understand.

I don't understand what your peddling here. Your bids dead and everyone realises how boring and small your country is (except for a certain few). I know that you'll give some bs response that won't answer my question, its what you always do when your correctly contradicted. You can't handle the truth.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:48 PM   #2086
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Can somebody add a render of the Khalifa Stadium when fully completed? i.e. a roof over both ends... have these been released?
Well Khalifa stadium (was to be Khalifa Olympic Stadium for 2016 ) was planned to be expanded from 50K to 70K, that was the Doha 2016 plan and its schedule was that construction would start in 2009 and end in 2011 , The east end was to be demolished and built to be almost a symmetrical to the west stand with a roof. (in time for the AFC Asian Cup) but since the bid was not shortlisted, the plan was scrapped.

HOWEVER, the 2022 bid plan is to increase capacity from 50K to 68K, off course it would involve a roof but i am not sure if the plan would be similar to the 2016 bid plan, since the current roof could be removed so that the entire stadium would have a roof in one single peace, but it would ruin the stadium. most probably the plan would be to have a symmetrical side to the current west stand.

No the renders were not released, but at least the bid committee have made it clear that it is one of the 12 stadiums proposed for the bid.

Lusail National Stadium (86K) render/s will be released this week.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #2087
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
There are not millions...thousands if your lucky. The point is whilst you may have those things (although its all flash no substance) the simple fact is ALL the other bidding countries are much much much better at these things.

It's stupid to talk about stuff you don't understand.

I don't understand what your peddling here. Your bids dead and everyone realises how boring and small your country is (except for a certain few). I know that you'll give some bs response that won't answer my question, its what you always do when your correctly contradicted. You can't handle the truth.
Again, if you have something that benefits this topic say it, anything related or similar to what you said clearly does not develop or benefit this thread in any way possible,.. what an un-necessary post exactly like walbanger's post.
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #2088
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Mouthwatering Brazil v Argentina clash in Qatar

September 29 - Fierce rivals Brazil and Argentina will meet in a prestige friendly in Qatar in the latest high-profile attempt by the oil-rich Gulf nation to prove it can stage top-class football - despite the regionís notoriously stifling heat.

The match, on November 17, represents the latest offensive by Qatar to promote its 2022 World Cup campaign on the lines of the Brazil v England friendly at the same time last year.

It is understood that Qatar twice tried to line up Spain to play in Doha against their own national team - first in September, then November.

Both plans were thwarted when the world champions decided to take on Argentina and Portugal respectively, the second of those fixtures as part of the joint Spanish-Portuguese bid for the 2018 World Cup.

Brazil v Argentina is no ordinary substitute - both on and off the pitch. Fifa's 24-strong executive committee that votes on December 2 includes representatives from both countries, a canny political strategy on the part of the Qataris to lobby for South American support.

Qatarís bid committee is expecting a huge international presence at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha for one of the great rivalries in world football, utilising the opportunity to showcase some of Qatarís salient features, not least its much-publicised cooling technology.

Organisers have put together a veritable galaxy of legends from both competing countries to be introduced to the fans before the game.

They include Brazilís 1970 World Cup-winning skipper Carlos Alberto and Argentinaís 1978 icons Mario Kempes and Ossie Ardiles.

The choice of Ardiles, the former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, is particularly interesting since he is one of the ambassadors for Englandís 2018 World Cup bid.

"It is a great idea and I am honoured to have been chosen," said Ardiles.

The game coincides with Aspire4Sport, a four-day international congress featuring major forums and coaching clinics including a tennis exhibition between John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg.
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #2089
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
Fifa is set to warn countries bidding to host the 2018 and 2022 World Cups that they are banned from doing deals with other nations.
You're about to lose all your so called votes.

Play the rules, you might win - Don't you will not.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #2090
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post

I could easily reply to that, but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenni View Post
I'm not going to devote all my energy in constantly babysitting some of you. You know exactly who you are, and what you are doing, and why you do it.

I advise you all to refresh your minds reviewing the Stadium and Sport Arenas Rules and Regulations.

It seems some of you have the ultimate purpose of turning everything into a battleground; and that will be dealt with.
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #2091
Solopop
Solopop

^
What's wrong with the post, tell me?

You've been claiming you've made deals with countries, and FIFA have said it's dis-allowed - I've posted that here, it's relevant. What's wrong with that post?
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #2092
waqif
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

yes countries using bribe as your country hahaha
waqif no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #2093
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
^

You've been claiming you've made deals with countries, and FIFA have said it's dis-allowed - I've posted that here, it's relevant. What's wrong with that post?
bribe payers get out of our topic this is clean topic
waqif no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #2094
Will737

Quote:
^

Its anti-qatar. FYI We can't handle that in this thread.

Quote:
yes countries using bribe as your country hahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHA!11!11!!!1ONE!!

Quote:
bribe payers get out of our topic this is clean topic
You really have shut yourself off from the truth haven't you...
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #2095
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Its anti-qatar. FYI We can't handle that in this thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHA!11!11!!!1ONE!!

You really have shut yourself off from the truth haven't you...
it is the bigest scandal in this year
the only country dont have seat lol they need to buy votes lol
waqif no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #2096
Will737

Quote:
it is the bigest scandal in this year
Oh dear...you just keep digging.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #2097
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Oh dear...your obviously from Qatar, you just keep digging.
Go to the common bids thread, since this is more appropriate to that thread + another useless & pointless post...
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #2098
waqif
BANNED

Quote:
Oh dear...you just keep digging.
we are reply to your troll in this topic as much you troll this topic you will find who stop you kids
waqif no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #2099
Solopop
Solopop

Qatarson 333 - answer my question, why it was innapropriate?
Solopop no está en línea  
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #2100
Will737

Quote:
Qatarson 333 - answer my question, why it was innapropriate?
They don't answer you when you prove them wrong.
Will737 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022