daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #2181
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
At least Qatar has people. . Aussie's have to use Kangaroos to fill the other half of the stadiums.
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHHAHAHHAHAAHHHHAHHHAHAHHHAHAAHHAAAHHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!11!!1!

U SO FUNNY! But seriously you are reaching new lows.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #2182
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | Quercy | Monaco, MC
Posts: 16,701
Likes (Received): 9705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
"Opposition" to the bid has nothing to do with Qatar or the Arab world or Doha.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #2183
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #2184
nihad
doha rulz...
 
nihad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: doha/bangalore/malappuram
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 91

This will be packed... looking at the fact that qatar has got more brazilian fans..
__________________

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #2185
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Qatar will be out by then it seems with reports coming out today
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #2186
Trelawny
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tdot & The Caribbean Region
Posts: 2,580
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Are you really going to even question Australia's love for sport or support at major events? Really?
I'm saying Australia is a water, rugby or cricket nation. A cricket and a rugby world cup will sell out, but football I doubt. They should look to host the marco-polo championships instead.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:10 AM   #2187
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
I'm saying Australia is a water, rugby or cricket nation. A cricket and a rugby world cup will sell out, but football I doubt. They should look to host the marco-polo championships instead.
90k+ rocked up to watch a FRIENDLY between Australia and Greece

if that is a sign of the pathetic attendance we should see from an Australian WC I think we should be all right
T74 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #2188
Trelawny
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tdot & The Caribbean Region
Posts: 2,580
Likes (Received): 1

Please that's a home game, if a country can't sell out at home then they shouldn't be hosting.

I wonder if a game like Niger vs the Central African republic would sell out? Qatar being very close to every continent would see big tourist coming in to fill the lower class games.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #2189
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Please that's a home game, if a country can't sell out at home then they shouldn't be hosting.

I wonder if a game like Niger vs the Central African republic would sell out? Qatar being very close to every continent would see big tourist coming in to fill the lower class games.
lol, at least it's not in 12k stadiums is it? buddy, games for various nations in south africa didn't sell out. Australia hosted the olympics in 2000 and it didn't matter which nation or which country everything was sold (that's why even still it's the best olympic games ever because the crowds were unbelievable), same with the rugby world cup etc even uruguay vs georgia, which didn't have any australian involvement at all was sold out. The football world cup will be no different.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #2190
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Please that's a home game, if a country can't sell out at home then they shouldn't be hosting.

I wonder if a game like Niger vs the Central African republic would sell out? Qatar being very close to every continent would see big tourist coming in to fill the lower class games.
90K+ beats 58. Not sure if you realised that. I think you'll find that there'll be tipsy Australians at every.They wont be kangaroos either.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #2191
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
What is with Qatar hosting friendlies for other nations? Why doesn't their own national team play instead? Probably because their plastic fans would all support the South American side instead of their own. This is just ridiculous.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #2192
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
I'm saying Australia is a water, rugby or cricket nation. A cricket and a rugby world cup will sell out, but football I doubt. They should look to host the marco-polo championships instead.
You're logic defies belief.
You obviously never ever read anything I posted earlier
Australia =SPORT
Australia=MULICULTURAL
Australian football=HIGHEST PARTICIPATION OF ANY SPORT @1.4 MILLION

Australasia 2022=100% ticket sales-end of

10 of our biggest football attendances ever
104,018-2000
102,000-1956
95,103-2006
93,252-2000
88,101-1999
85,022-1997
82,698-2005
74,100-2009
70,171-2007
70,054-2008

We had an average of 52,870 over ALL WCQ for 2010 even though 3 of those 7 matches were dead because we qualified early in both stages against low drawing teams such Qatar,Bahrain,Uzbekistan.

On the flip side Qatar averaged just 9857 in all home WCQ for 2010.
Australia v Qatar-50,969
Qatar v Australia-7,000
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #2193
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
How much did that cost? Are you expecting over 59 people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
You're logic defies belief.
You obviously never ever read anything I posted earlier
Australia =SPORT
Australia=MULICULTURAL
Australian football=HIGHEST PARTICIPATION OF ANY SPORT @1.4 MILLION

Australasia 2022=100% ticket sales-end of

10 of our biggest football attendances ever
104,018-2000
102,000-1956
95,103-2006
93,252-2000
88,101-1999
85,022-1997
82,698-2005
74,100-2009
70,171-2007
70,054-2008

We had an average of 52,870 over ALL WCQ for 2010 even though 3 of those 7 matches were dead because we qualified early in both stages against low drawing teams such Qatar,Bahrain,Uzbekistan.

On the flip side Qatar averaged just 9857 in all home WCQ for 2010.
Australia v Qatar-50,969
Qatar v Australia-7,000
: lol: They were kangaroos. mickey mouse bla bla bla
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #2194
Rev Stickleback
Registered User
 
Rev Stickleback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Likes (Received): 1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
We had an average of 52,870 over ALL WCQ for 2010 even though 3 of those 7 matches were dead because we qualified early in both stages against low drawing teams such Qatar,Bahrain,Uzbekistan.
It was strange watching Australia v Japan in a bar in Adelaide last June. Packed full of Aussies, as you'd expect, but it looked like there were loads of Japanese there too. It turned out they were virtually all Koreans, wanting to see Japan lose.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #2195
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Stickleback View Post
It turned out they were virtually all Kangaroos.
fixed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 02:58 AM   #2196
Trelawny
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tdot & The Caribbean Region
Posts: 2,580
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
You're logic defies belief.
You obviously never ever read anything I posted earlier
Australia =SPORT
Australia=MULICULTURAL
Australian football=HIGHEST PARTICIPATION OF ANY SPORT @1.4 MILLION

Australasia 2022=100% ticket sales-end of

10 of our biggest football attendances ever
104,018-2000
102,000-1956
95,103-2006
93,252-2000
88,101-1999
85,022-1997
82,698-2005
74,100-2009
70,171-2007
70,054-2008

We had an average of 52,870 over ALL WCQ for 2010 even though 3 of those 7 matches were dead because we qualified early in both stages against low drawing teams such Qatar,Bahrain,Uzbekistan.

On the flip side Qatar averaged just 9857 in all home WCQ for 2010.
Australia v Qatar-50,969
Qatar v Australia-7,000
Ok You proved your point, even though it may still be over the top nationalist biased views.

Middle East/ Africa United!!



My Favourite Qatar Stadium! So Nice It must become reality.

Trelawny no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 06:33 AM   #2197
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Stickleback View Post
It was strange watching Australia v Japan in a bar in Adelaide last June. Packed full of Aussies, as you'd expect, but it looked like there were loads of Japanese there too. It turned out they were virtually all Koreans, wanting to see Japan lose.
A bit of an insight no doubt into how Chung will /won't vote if Korea go out early.So many variables involved here
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 06:46 AM   #2198
Walbanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,241
Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Please that's a home game, if a country can't sell out at home then they shouldn't be hosting.
And you're supporting Qatar's bid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Ok You proved your point, even though it may still be over the top nationalist biased views.
Nothing Nationalist about cold hard facts.
If he was to have linked them to a claim of unique exceptionalism then it would have been but no, just raw facts.
Walbanger está en línea ahora  
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #2199
RobH
Registered User
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London-ish
Posts: 12,777
Likes (Received): 10337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
What is with Qatar hosting friendlies for other nations? Why doesn't their own national team play instead? Probably because their plastic fans would all support the South American side instead of their own. This is just ridiculous.
Most of their players are based in Europe so friendlies aren't hosted in South America. Arsenal's stadium is the unofficial second home of Brazil for example.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #2200
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Most of their players are based in Europe so friendlies aren't hosted in South America. Arsenal's stadium is the unofficial second home of Brazil for example.
I realise that most of their players are European based, but why don't Qatar focus on having their OWN national team play one of these nations instead of pimping themselves out to whoever. I know for one their own national team wouldn't pull anywhere near the crowd that Brazil v Argentina would so that probably has alot to do with it.
Wezza no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu