daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #2201
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

64 matches
32 teams
10-12 venues
12-30 training venues
32 base camps
4 matches on certain days

all in 1 city!!
Mo Rush no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #2202
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Compact World Cup

__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #2203
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Compact World Cup

I am busy compiling Cape Town' bid for the 2026 WC. All in one city.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #2204
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Still reckon Cape Town could have had 2 stadiums,its such a beautiful city and the demand was there.
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #2205
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

A stadium in Stellenbosch would have been nice. The women down that way were outstanding.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #2206
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Still reckon Cape Town could have had 2 stadiums,its such a beautiful city and the demand was there.
CT hosted 2 venues for the rugby WC although Stellenbosch is not technically in CT.

I agree it should have had 2 venues. Demand supported 2 venues.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #2207
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
A stadium in Stellenbosch would have been nice. The women down that way were outstanding.
Good to see you enjoyed some World Cup spirit
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #2208
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Good to see you enjoyed some World Cup spirit
I will post some pics at some stage to show you what I mean. Haha
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #2209
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

This is the Qatar 2022 Bid thread, go discuss South Africa 2010 and Australia 2022 bid somewhere else.

Wezza, these are World-class teams and this match (Argentine vs Brazil) is the South American match that unfortunately didn't happen in the 2010 WC.
So, holding match's such as this and Brazil vs England last year, show that WC-type matches could be held with great attendance and a lot of entertainment available before and after the match. its a 50K stadium, so it should be a good sign that there is NO PROBLEM IN WC ATTENDANCE. About the National team thing, our football association wanted to hold a friendly with Spain but Spain refused since they wanted to have a friendly with Portugal (Part of their Co-bid promotion), why Spain ? simply because they are the latest WC champions...

----

Local match attendance you say ? yes there is some sort of attendance problem, but mainly because the matches are simply not exciting and/or not-so-popular teams. HOWEVER, when popular teams do play there is attendance. This year there is a higher attendance rate compared to the last 5 years in terms of League attendance mainly due to the large campaigns promoting the so called "El Clasico"s where popular teams clash. so that Al-Ahli vs Qatar SC was "expected" to have low attendance since Al-Ahli is such a horrible team and Qatar SC is slowly dieing out. (Hint: One of the reasons they were not chosen as WC Stadia's...)

Coming to the recent popular clash of Al-Rayyan vs Al-Gharrafa (which both happen to have WC Stadia's...) Was a very exciting match with GREAT ATTENDANCE.

-----------

About that 9 votes thing, i am not sure why some of the members here are holding onto that statement, but it shouldn't have been said since nothing is really confirmed, the only thing we could be 100% sure of in the AFC presidents vote due to his public announcement and his roots etc etc. So why 9 votes i dunno, it could be more or even less.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #2210
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

Qatar has dropped to their lowest FIFA World Ranking, ever!
Solopop no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:25 AM   #2211
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
This is the Qatar 2022 Bid thread, go discuss South Africa 2010 and Australia 2022 bid somewhere else.

Wezza, these are World-class teams and this match (Argentine vs Brazil) is the South American match that unfortunately didn't happen in the 2010 WC.
So, holding match's such as this and Brazil vs England last year, show that WC-type matches could be held with great attendance and a lot of entertainment available before and after the match. its a 50K stadium, so it should be a good sign that there is NO PROBLEM IN WC ATTENDANCE. About the National team thing, our football association wanted to hold a friendly with Spain but Spain refused since they wanted to have a friendly with Portugal (Part of their Co-bid promotion), why Spain ? simply because they are the latest WC champions...

----

Local match attendance you say ? yes there is some sort of attendance problem, but mainly because the matches are simply not exciting and/or not-so-popular teams. HOWEVER, when popular teams do play there is attendance. This year there is a higher attendance rate compared to the last 5 years in terms of League attendance mainly due to the large campaigns promoting the so called "El Clasico"s where popular teams clash. so that Al-Ahli vs Qatar SC was "expected" to have low attendance since Al-Ahli is such a horrible team and Qatar SC is slowly dieing out. (Hint: One of the reasons they were not chosen as WC Stadia's...)

Coming to the recent popular clash of Al-Rayyan vs Al-Gharrafa (which both happen to have WC Stadia's...) Was a very exciting match with GREAT ATTENDANCE.

-----------

About that 9 votes thing, i am not sure why some of the members here are holding onto that statement, but it shouldn't have been said since nothing is really confirmed, the only thing we could be 100% sure of in the AFC presidents vote due to his public announcement and his roots etc etc. So why 9 votes i dunno, it could be more or even less.
It's all well & good to get a decent attendance to watch 2 of the worlds best teams play. But it's pretty bad that the plastic Qatari fans can't get out & support their own national team.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:32 AM   #2212
Weebie
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 227
Likes (Received): 5

Qatar is confirmed as one of the nations being investigated for vote rigging along with Spain.

This officially or unofficially eliminates Qatar form the WC as no one will vote for a nation which is organising backroom deals.

This thread should be closed this bid is done.
Weebie no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:09 AM   #2213
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Great news! Time to take out the trash.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM   #2214
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
About that 9 votes thing, i am not sure why some of the members here are holding onto that statement, but it shouldn't have been said since nothing is really confirmed, the only thing we could be 100% sure of in the AFC presidents vote due to his public announcement and his roots etc etc. So why 9 votes i dunno, it could be more or even less.
I think we are caught up on it because some posters made a very big deal about the votes Qatar had locked away, and the financial power Qatar had used to get them.

Now you're saying its not true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
dont tell me he bought jewelry for FIFA members wifes.

and byway we told you guys long month ago it is not 4 votes !! it is 8 votes till this moment and we already posted these news long times ago
it is not the fifa members only even their goverment & citizens I donno what Bin Hamam bought for these citizens wifes.



we since long month talk about PR ..... guys PR and you are in heavy sleep
how South Africa lost against Germany in 2006 bid !!

todays 72 countries in world Import gas from Qatar
todays major economies needs giant projects in Qatar

these countries need Qatar to host the World Cup in order to benefit their economies and their citizens.

what will get Brazil from Australia for example ! nothing they dont have fifa seat and they didnt voted for Brazil 2014 as Qatar member did
but with Qatar they knows very well that their companies will have huge contracts & they return the favor of Qatar vote this is the public relations.

you want some thing we was avoid talking about ! 4 Asian bid was great gift Qatar get from Asia & Australia
T74 no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:46 AM   #2215
MoreOrLess
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,239
Likes (Received): 228

Is Qatar were to somehow get 2022 I'm betting there would be a massive drive to bring over young brazilian talent in time for them to spend 5 years there and play for the national team.
MoreOrLess no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:48 AM   #2216
Firewheel
Registered User
 
Firewheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 37
Likes (Received): 17

Has Qatar ever played in the World Cup?
Firewheel no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM   #2217
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess View Post
Is Qatar were to somehow get 2022 I'm betting there would be a massive drive to bring over young brazilian talent in time for them to spend 5 years there and play for the national team.
So basically nothing would change....
Current imports:
Daniel Goma (Guinea)
Fabio Cesar (Brazil)
Sebastian Soria (Uruguay)
Marconi Amaral (Brazil)
There's more, but they are the most notable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewheel View Post
Has Qatar ever played in the World Cup?
No
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM   #2218
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Alex Pato might be a good bet for em as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 12:18 AM   #2219
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Why do you consider this great news? Surely not. I think it would be a missed opportunity; I'd rather see the cosmetic bid being officially exposed and turned down for lack of substance than withdrawn as technical and embarrassing formality.
It's great news that the corruption has been exposed.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2010, 08:14 AM   #2220
jacoboy7
Registered User
 
jacoboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth
Posts: 482
Likes (Received): 0

Qatar is one of the most classic examples of the poor becoming rich, and then not knowing what to do with it.

Your continuously trying to get your name out in the world by throwing money at it.

True legacy and respect come from time and impact.
Australia a young nation has respect from other nations for the ANZACs and in the sporting world for our huge contributions to sport including attendance, construction of stadiums and pure passion for sport.

Qatar are expecting the entire world to respect them because they now have money and not making people pay taxes, free education and healthcare.
And now your pride entails your all saints for that.

I do encourage your enthusiasm, and pride for your country and this event. But you have to get real, Qatar has a population of around 1 million, all you have is money, you don't have numbers, you dont have soccer talent and you don't have the overall passion of the sport, you are purely doing it for publicity.

And even more, I knew sooner or later that it would become public that you have bribed people in the committee. What do you expect to do with all that money
__________________

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu