daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:14 PM   #2221
amrja

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Great news! Time to take out the trash.
Damn you guys are petty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
It's great news that the corruption has been exposed.
It's under investigation, no decision has been taken yet. Let's wait until FIFA releases the result of its investigation before jumping to any conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoboy7 View Post
Qatar is one of the most classic examples of the poor becoming rich, and then not knowing what to do with it.

Your continuously trying to get your name out in the world by throwing money at it.

True legacy and respect come from time and impact.
Australia a young nation has respect from other nations for the ANZACs and in the sporting world for our huge contributions to sport including attendance, construction of stadiums and pure passion for sport.

Qatar are expecting the entire world to respect them because they now have money and not making people pay taxes, free education and healthcare.
And now your pride entails your all saints for that.

I do encourage your enthusiasm, and pride for your country and this event. But you have to get real, Qatar has a population of around 1 million, all you have is money, you don't have numbers, you dont have soccer talent and you don't have the overall passion of the sport, you are purely doing it for publicity.

And even more, I knew sooner or later that it would become public that you have bribed people in the committee. What do you expect to do with all that money
I think they have a pretty good idea of what to do with it. Qatar wants to build a sustainable economy that will last after the oil runs out, and the only way to do that is to expose your country to the world. There is no better way than the world cup.

They aren't expecting the world to respect them simply because they have money. They are earning respect because they are progressive, value education, and are constantly seeking to improve their country.

As I said above, lets not jump to any conclusions seeing as nothing final has been released yet.
amrja no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:21 PM   #2222
RobH

Likes (Received): 10337

Exactly.

Qatar's bid has enough aspects worthy of constructive criticism without the need to overexaggerate this investigation or preempt its outcome. Forgetting that they're innocent till proven otherwise only undermines the very strong real arguments against Qatar's concept.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:48 PM   #2223
RobH

According to the Daily Mail - so take with a pinch of salt perhaps - Qatar are spending £2.9m on their world cup presentations - which will include CGI and 3D elements! Madness if true!
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM   #2224
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
According to the Daily Mail - so take with a pinch of salt perhaps - Qatar are spending £2.9m on their world cup presentations - which will include CGI and 3D elements! Madness if true!
Unfortunately,its all they have-money
Everything will be contracted out to foreign firms as is the whole bid
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM   #2225
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

last time i checked movies do cost a heavy load of money, especially if you are hiring companies from abroad to do them not to mention CGI and 3D graphics all these hi-tech things, but it is true that is just short videos (10-15 mins max ?) lets hope the public gets a glimpse of this video.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #2226
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrja View Post
Damn you guys are petty...

It's under investigation, no decision has been taken yet. Let's wait until FIFA releases the result of its investigation before jumping to any conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Which corruption exposed?

The cynical and farcical bid has enough intrinsic potential to be rejected on the ground of substanstial arguments and sheer facts.

In other & better words:
Maybe it was a poor choice of words on my behalf. But where there's smoke, well you know the rest.

Even if the bids in question are cleared, it's hard to see them winning the hosting rights because of this investigation IMO.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #2227
nihad
doha rulz...

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Unfortunately,its all they have-money
Everything will be contracted out to foreign firms as is the whole bid

Its not all they have is money.. get it the other way.. qatar also got money.. the bid has got much more than just spending money.. we goto look into it.. as it says, its never hard to wake someone who is sleeping but its hard to wake up someone who is pretending to be sleeping..

qatar might be a small country, but thats not their choice to opt.. n world cup is not just for countries with 12 cities..

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 12:17 PM   #2228
Wezza
©

Mate honestly vote trading or not, Qatar is not a suitable country to hold a tournament the size of the World Cup in, end of story. Nearly everybody but Qataris can see that. And i'm not trolling you here either.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #2229
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
Its not all they have is money.. get it the other way.. qatar also got money.. the bid has got much more than just spending money.. we goto look into it.. as it says, its never hard to wake someone who is sleeping but its hard to wake up someone who is pretending to be sleeping..

qatar might be a small country, but thats not their choice to opt.. n world cup is not just for countries with 12 cities..
Er yeah, it is, or at least, as X has pointed out below for bids with several cities.

Last edited by RobH; October 24th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #2230
_X_

Quote:
world cup is not just for countries with 12 cities..
Thats right,thats why FIFA changed their statutes in June this year to allow joint bids.This opens up incredible options for joint bids.-including a GCC one that would be competitive,even if Doha only got two stadia at max.

The scale of the World Cup is far bigger than a Summer Olympics.I don't think that Qatar understands this yet even though no country as tiny as Qatar has held a World Cup before.One of the pillars of FIFA's bid requirements is diversity.If it wasn't then an English bid would be exclusive to London,Manchester and Liverpool,a Spanish bid dominated by Madrid and Barcelona,and an Australian bid by its East Coast cities.Even then-no city in the world has the complete capacity to handle a complete FIFA Men's World Cup-least of all Doha.
Unlike the Qatari posters on here,many hundreds of us in this very forum have actually been to a World Cup or three and know this

Take you're pick-InsCo,EthCo and TecCo-one of them will bury this bid before it even gets to ExCo
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #2231
waqif
BANNED

Argentina gives tactical green light to Qatar 2022 bid

Argentina has confirmed it will throw its weight behind Qatar’s bid to host the FIFA World Cup in 2022.

“We expect that Doha in return will support our candidacy to co-host the event in 2030 along with Uruguay,” said Carlos Enrique Meyer, Argentinean tourism minister, during a state visit to Doha".

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/argen...id-357860.html

Gulftimes

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...6&parent_id=16
waqif no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #2232
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

so Qatar will get 10 vote on this December
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #2233
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

What is the feeling in Qatar? Are they think is possible a win or do they know that an impossible dream?

Is there anyone that could make a little summary about the vote of the members?
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #2234
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

I find it unfourtunate that such a stupid bid is getting so much support just for the fact Bin Hamman may still be in there at the next elections...
Solopop no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #2235
amrja

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
The scale of the World Cup is far bigger than a Summer Olympics.I don't think that Qatar understands this yet even though no country as tiny as Qatar has held a World Cup before.
I'm pretty sure they know exactly what the scale of the world cup is. Pretty condescending saying they somehow don't fully understand what they are bidding for, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
What is the feeling in Qatar? Are they think is possible a win or do they know that an impossible dream?

Is there anyone that could make a little summary about the vote of the members?
Some are optimistic, others are pessimistic. There's no one single opinion really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
I find it unfourtunate that such a stupid bid is getting so much support just for the fact Bin Hamman may still be in there at the next elections...
What I find unfortunate is the level of immaturity being put forward by some members of this forum - especially those from Australia.
amrja no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #2236
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they know exactly what the scale of the world cup is. Pretty condescending saying they somehow don't fully understand what they are bidding for, don't you think?

Except that he is right.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #2237
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:

What I find unfortunate is the level of immaturity being put forward by some members of this forum - especially those from Australia.
This is a bit hypocrytical considering some of the crap posted by Qatari forumers. "9 votes alreddy confrmd".
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #2238
_X_

Argentinean Tourism Minister
Brazilian Prime Minister

These fellas don't vote

Last edited by _X_; October 25th, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #2239
nihad
doha rulz...

Likes (Received): 91

Apart from the point that qatar is a tiny country, when you look at the bid.. what is that special thing australia has got to actually win this bid???? seriously.. i have been through their website and looking at the less popularity soccer has got than footy n cricket do you all think fifa is not gona look into those issues..????

I think qatar n australia has got more competitiors... this forum looks like its jus between these two countries...

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #2240
Wezza
©

Quote:
Apart from the point that qatar is a tiny country, when you look at the bid.. what is that special thing australia has got to actually win this bid???? seriously.. i have been through their website and looking at the less popularity soccer has got than footy n cricket do you all think fifa is not gona look into those issues..????
So tell me, what exactly does Qatar offer? Australia would have alot more football fans than Qatar has total population.
Wezza no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022