daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #2241
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
Apart from the point that qatar is a tiny country, when you look at the bid.. what is that special thing australia has got to actually win this bid???? seriously.. i have been through their website and looking at the less popularity soccer has got than footy n cricket do you all think fifa is not gona look into those issues..????
Australia is still ranked no 21 in world football, Qatar is ranked no 109 and can't even make it into a world cup by bribing and buying players. FIFA should definately have a look at that and now they've just taken that whole bribing and corruption thing to a whole new level, taking down the whole of FIFA. The football world and possibly the whole world should definitely have a look at that
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #2242
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Even friendlies such as Australia versus Greece managed to pull in a 1/3 of Qatar's real population, you can only imagine how much world cup games will pull in. Australia has hosted the best Olympics ever, thus far They hosted the rugby world cup with pretty much sellout crowds for every game, even games such as Uruguay vs Georgia were packed out. I think Qataris have no idea about the rest of the world, you live in your little sheltered little homes, thinking oh guess what we're so good. Well wake up buddy, you ain't. You found a few oil wells and a big ass natural gas well, good for you. That's fantastic, everyone clap now! Not! The world cup cannot be bought by some bribing, bs nation, who's done nothing for football but disgrace it's heart and soul. I suggest taking a serious look in the mirror and taking a trip out of Qatar.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #2243
nihad
doha rulz...
 
nihad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: doha/bangalore/malappuram
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
So tell me, what exactly does Qatar offer? Australia would have alot more football fans than Qatar has total population.
I did mention qatar is a tiny country n obviously the population should be less..

Its really disappointing if you haven't looked into what qatar bid has.. its the best of its kind.. master plan includes the railways itself connecting the stadiums, fans from gcc countries could come n go same day... as its free for gcc citizens to travel around, like domestic travel.. its just like travelling from perth to sydney.. much easier i would say..

Please tell me whats that australia bid offers better than qatar bid has...??
stadiums.. ?? no way .. qatar proposals are much better...

i knew qatar before it hosted doha 2006 asian games.. i saw doha during the event.. and still doha after the event .. no one will believe it.. its tremendous change here.. the population doubled here in 2 years span.. qatar has got much bigger plans...
__________________

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #2244
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

It may have bigger plans, but that's because Australia has developed its self so well we don't need to have big plans.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #2245
nihad
doha rulz...
 
nihad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: doha/bangalore/malappuram
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Australia is still ranked no 21 in world football, Qatar is ranked no 109 and can't even make it into a world cup by bribing and buying players. FIFA should definately have a look at that and now they've just taken that whole bribing and corruption thing to a whole new level, taking down the whole of FIFA. The football world and possibly the whole world should definitely have a look at that
qatar has got lots of foreigners settled here.. lots of asian subcontinent population.. I was born in doha.. my family has been here since 40 years now... To your knowledge there are 11 indian schools alone here.. one of it which is around 38 years old has strength of 10000 to 11000 students.. mostly indians, pakistani n arabs... these students might be good sportsmen, athletes.. qatar cannot close theirs eyes because they are not qataris.. talent has always been accepted here..

There are lots of community football tournaments going on around.. both local n other communities too.. its their talent which get them to the national side..
We n no one calls it bribing.. we had to buy players.. but not from now on.. qatar has got lots of young talents.. it took time for this nation to get it done..
__________________

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #2246
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
Its really disappointing if you haven't looked into what qatar bid has.. its the best of its kind.. master plan includes the railways itself connecting the stadiums, fans from gcc countries could come n go same day... as its free for gcc citizens to travel around, like domestic travel.. its just like travelling from perth to sydney.. much easier i would say..
The bid is utter rubbish, based on unproven technologies, graphic design videos and images of stadiums that don't exist and based within a country which has no tourism venues, no population, screwed alcohol laws, is a major security risk and has done sh*t all for football, infact it should be banned from international football, it buys players, bribes officials, can't get anyone to a game even with free entry,can't qualify for a world cup, now it's gone to take down the governing body, what else can Qatar do to take down and disgrace football? mmm not much more, I think almost everything is already covered there by Qatar, guess we'll find out what else soon enough. As I said Qatar is the land of the fairies bid and it's total garbage, if FIFA hadn't have been greedy and taken out Qatar from the bidding process initially because it's a total farce, this collusion scandal could have all been avoided. Now it's too late and FIFA will pay the price, if it hasn't already.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #2247
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
qatar has got lots of foreigners settled here.. lots of asian subcontinent population.. I was born in doha.. my family has been here since 40 years now... To your knowledge there are 11 indian schools alone here.. one of it which is around 38 years old has strength of 10000 to 11000 students.. mostly indians, pakistani n arabs... these students might be good sportsmen, athletes.. qatar cannot close theirs eyes because they are not qataris.. talent has always been accepted here..

There are lots of community football tournaments going on around.. both local n other communities too.. its their talent which get them to the national side..
We n no one calls it bribing.. we had to buy players.. but not from now on.. qatar has got lots of young talents.. it took time for this nation to get it done..
I went to ideal international alright, I grew up in Qatar myself, I don't need to be told about Qatar, you're just clearly blind.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #2248
nihad
doha rulz...
 
nihad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: doha/bangalore/malappuram
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Even friendlies such as Australia versus Greece managed to pull in a 1/3 of Qatar's real population, you can only imagine how much world cup games will pull in. Australia has hosted the best Olympics ever, thus far They hosted the rugby world cup with pretty much sellout crowds for every game, even games such as Uruguay vs Georgia were packed out. I think Qataris have no idea about the rest of the world, you live in your little sheltered little homes, thinking oh guess what we're so good. Well wake up buddy, you ain't. You found a few oil wells and a big ass natural gas well, good for you. That's fantastic, everyone clap now! Not! The world cup cannot be bought by some bribing, bs nation, who's done nothing for football but disgrace it's heart and soul. I suggest taking a serious look in the mirror and taking a trip out of Qatar.
Who.. ho... Qatari's don't come out of their homes.. well thts something new.. please let me know the source.. because qataris dont stay in little houses lolz.. trust me they have much bigger houses.. I dont say gifting someone as bribing.. i don't think australians lack hospitatlity.. every delegate coming here are treated with respect n they might all have gifts from the royal family ... dont insult people for what they are not...

For you kind information Qatar haven't bought the world cup.. no one can.. they are bidding for it.. n for so many reasons i thin qatar will get it and for so may reasons you think qatar wont.. freedom of expression i believe... fine enough.. your point has nothing to do with the bid.. get realistic.. look at what more than this bid has qatar done in its country.. from education to community development works.. from sports to infrastructure... compare qatar with other arab countries.. you should understand the differences.. qatar had much more challenges to face than from that of australia bid.. so lets wait n see whats gona happen..
__________________

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #2249
nihad
doha rulz...
 
nihad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: doha/bangalore/malappuram
Posts: 861
Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
I went to ideal international alright, I grew up in Qatar myself, I don't need to be told about Qatar, you're just clearly blind.
First of all there is no ideal international here.. so you got your school name wrong.. and yea i did mention doha before few years in the last post.. i know how it was then n how it has changed now.. its tremendous change.. you should look into it.. with the ongoing projects in doha... its gona be amazing once its all over... its what australia did long back.. but qatar is doing it with great pace..
__________________

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #2250
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
I did mention qatar is a tiny country n obviously the population should be less..

Its really disappointing if you haven't looked into what qatar bid has.. its the best of its kind.. master plan includes the railways itself connecting the stadiums, fans from gcc countries could come n go same day... as its free for gcc citizens to travel around, like domestic travel.. its just like travelling from perth to sydney.. much easier i would say..

Please tell me whats that australia bid offers better than qatar bid has...??
stadiums.. ?? no way .. qatar proposals are much better...

i knew qatar before it hosted doha 2006 asian games.. i saw doha during the event.. and still doha after the event .. no one will believe it.. its tremendous change here.. the population doubled here in 2 years span.. qatar has got much bigger plans...
Are you kidding me? Have you even ever been to a World Cup? Part of the fun of going to a World Cup is touring around the country & experiencing what it has to offer. What would you do in Qatar, go to the game in an airconditioned stadium & then return to your airconditioned hotel until the next game?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #2251
hangman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 159
Likes (Received): 5

You could tour the suburbs of doha in an airconditioned bus.
hangman no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #2252
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Cape Town 2026
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #2253
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
First of all there is no ideal international here.. so you got your school name wrong.. and yea i did mention doha before few years in the last post.. i know how it was then n how it has changed now.. its tremendous change.. you should look into it.. with the ongoing projects in doha... its gona be amazing once its all over... its what australia did long back.. but qatar is doing it with great pace..
Exactly there is no ideal school in Qatar because Qatar is far from ideal for anybody. I'm pretty sure you can work out what school it was exactly, Qatar's bid is a joke, end of story.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #2254
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Cape Town 2026
No no Cape Town is too big to host the world cup, lets follow the doha policy and put in Louis Trichardt, at least they have attractions which are far more real than Doha's joke bid.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #2255
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Check it out, this is what going to the World Cup is all about....

This is a video of made by one of the guys in my group. Yes, i feature in the video..

This wouldn't happen in a Doha World Cup.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #2256
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Check it out, this is what going to the World Cup is all about....

This is a video of made by one of the guys in my group. Yes, i feature in the video..

This wouldn't happen in a Doha World Cup.
Were you the one losing their marbles?

P.S. I like this nihad - his sounds make sense.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #2257
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Were you the one losing their marbles?

P.S. I like this nihad - his sounds make sense.
Marbles were losted early on in the piece, pretty much by everyone!
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #2258
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

How many did you lose? One or two? Did a witch doctor take them? No offense meant Mo_rush
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #2259
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Check it out, this is what going to the World Cup is all about....

This is a video of made by one of the guys in my group. Yes, i feature in the video..

This wouldn't happen in a Doha World Cup.
You wouldn't know about how fascinating a camel crossing a road can be, actually you know what? Australia actually has the most camels in the world as well, so Doha doesn't even have that
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #2260
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
You wouldn't know about how fascinating a camel crossing a road can be, actually you know what? Australia actually has the most camels in the world as well, so Doha doesn't even have that
Wezza no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu