daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #2261
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6446

amazing video, wez. props to your mate.

must say, africa looks stunning!
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #2262
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
amazing video, wez. props to your mate.

must say, africa looks stunning!
How good it was.Too bad we didn't catch up Wezza,would have crossed paths a number of times and you were obviously just above me at Rusty

This vid catches the very essence of a brilliant World Cup experience,one that we know Australia ,if given that honour,will provide in spades
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #2263
nihad
doha rulz...

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
The bid is utter rubbish, based on unproven technologies, graphic design videos and images of stadiums that don't exist and based within a country which has no tourism venues, no population, screwed alcohol laws, is a major security risk and has done sh*t all for football, infact it should be banned from international football, it buys players, bribes officials, can't get anyone to a game even with free entry,can't qualify for a world cup, now it's gone to take down the governing body, what else can Qatar do to take down and disgrace football? mmm not much more, I think almost everything is already covered there by Qatar, guess we'll find out what else soon enough. As I said Qatar is the land of the fairies bid and it's total garbage, if FIFA hadn't have been greedy and taken out Qatar from the bidding process initially because it's a total farce, this collusion scandal could have all been avoided. Now it's too late and FIFA will pay the price, if it hasn't already.
Quote:
Exactly there is no ideal school in Qatar because Qatar is far from ideal for anybody. I'm pretty sure you can work out what school it was exactly, Qatar's bid is a joke, end of story.

I think you haven't been to qatar at all.. u might have been here but i think long back.. way back in 80's i guess...

no tourism venues n screwed alchohol laws... now i get it... is thats all u need..?? i don't think so.. n yea doha has lots of tourism venues.. its a peninsula n u get to see lots of great beaches all around.. i wont say more to impress you.. see it for yourself..

i dint understand by what u said "s**t to football" what was that..?? please clarify.. Qatar has done more of what we all expected.. i think u are pissed up for not getting into the your school team.. because u make no sense mate.. n why does anyone want the public to watch the match for free..??? totally crazy statement.. paying few bucks wont be so much to watch a game.. n do you know how many football clubs exist right now in doha..???

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:20 PM   #2264
nihad
doha rulz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Check it out, this is what going to the World Cup is all about....

This is a video of made by one of the guys in my group. Yes, i feature in the video..

This wouldn't happen in a Doha World Cup.
The video is nice.. having fun.. don't expect landscapes n rivers here in doha.. desert turned into city.. but doha have evolved into a great city recently..

Quote:
You wouldn't know about how fascinating a camel crossing a road can be, actually you know what? Australia actually has the most camels in the world as well, so Doha doesn't even have that
mike.. u just said population is less.. thats the whole point.. we have camels population less too.. we are tiny country.. u cant expect to have huge camel population.. as you said australian camel fans would be much more than whole camel population in qatar...

nihad no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #2265
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
How good it was.Too bad we didn't catch up Wezza,would have crossed paths a number of times and you were obviously just above me at Rusty

This vid catches the very essence of a brilliant World Cup experience,one that we know Australia ,if given that honour,will provide in spades
I probably would have been near you at all matches? I seemed to be near the same people at every match. Laurie McKinna was right near me at every match too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
I think you haven't been to qatar at all.. u might have been here but i think long back.. way back in 80's i guess...

no tourism venues n screwed alchohol laws... now i get it... is thats all u need..?? i don't think so.. n yea doha has lots of tourism venues.. its a peninsula n u get to see lots of great beaches all around.. i wont say more to impress you.. see it for yourself..

i dint understand by what u said "s**t to football" what was that..?? please clarify.. Qatar has done more of what we all expected.. i think u are pissed up for not getting into the your school team.. because u make no sense mate.. n why does anyone want the public to watch the match for free..??? totally crazy statement.. paying few bucks wont be so much to watch a game.. n do you know how many football clubs exist right now in doha..???
Beaches? What else? I'm sorry but Aussies don't need to go anywhere for great beaches.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #2266
nihad
doha rulz...

Beaches? What else? I'm sorry but Aussies don't need to go anywhere for great beaches.[/QUOTE]

mate.. we ain't lookin to impress or get certificates of people from every nationality... its same with many other countries too.. but doha has got more than beaches which i should have mention.. souq waqif for instance.. lots of malls.. heritage village.. desert safari.. but yes doha doesn't have waterfalls or evergreen forests here...

nihad no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #2267
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Okay, well it doesn't sound very interesting.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #2268
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Qatar would be the worst football world cup of all time. Everyone knows it's the biggest joke in sport.

MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #2269
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:

mate.. we ain't lookin to impress or get certificates of people from every nationality... its same with many other countries too.. but doha has got more than beaches which i should have mention.. souq waqif for instance..

lots of malls You ******* better have a Gucci there!

.. heritage village.. ...zzzzzzz

desert safari..Will I get to see a camel?!?!?!?!?!:eek1:

but yes doha doesn't have waterfalls or evergreen forests here...
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #2270
nihad
doha rulz...

[QUOTE=MysteryMike;66046437]Qatar would be the worst football world cup of all time. Everyone knows it's the biggest joke in sport.

may be some sport is new here.. but joke in sport is not the right way to say it coz it has organized almost all the major sporting events here.. u are not aware of that i guess... lets say.. here are the following of current year events, just the international ones :

4th jan 2010 - Qatar open [tennis]
8th jan 2010 - Qatar masters [golf]
21st jan 2010 - Qatar international rally
22nd jan 2010 - GRAND PRIX - Fencing
24th jan 2010 - tour of qatar [cycling]
3rd feb 2010 - Qatar international sailing championshp
16th feb 2010 - Qatar 18th International Regatta (Sail the Gulf)
16th feb 2010 - 14th Qatar championship [table tennis]
12th mar 2010- IAAF indoor championship [athletics]
9th april 2010 - moto GP [lusail circuit]
22nd may 2010 - Asian Clubs Basketball Championship.
25th jun 2010 - World (9) Balls Billiard Championship
26th Oct 2010- WTA championship [tennis]
27th oct 2010 - International Handball Championship
6th nov 2010 - Qatar Classic Squash Chamionship

Apart from these there are lots of local and arab countries tournaments which i dint mention...

nihad no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #2271
nihad
doha rulz...

Quote:
lots of malls You ******* better have a Gucci there!

.. heritage village.. ...zzzzzzz

desert safari..Will I get to see a camel?!?!?!?!?!:eek1:

You jus want gucci.. thats all.. we have much more .. you guys have to understand we are not living in middle of the desert here.. and my house is not in the oasis..

nihad no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #2272
MysteryMike
BANNED

[QUOTE=nihad;66048003]
Quote:
Qatar would be the worst football world cup of all time. Everyone knows it's the biggest joke in sport.

may be some sport is new here.. but joke in sport is not the right way to say it coz it has organized almost all the major sporting events here.. u are not aware of that i guess... lets say.. here are the following of current year events, just the international ones :

4th jan 2010 - Qatar open [tennis]
8th jan 2010 - Qatar masters [golf]
21st jan 2010 - Qatar international rally
22nd jan 2010 - GRAND PRIX - Fencing
24th jan 2010 - tour of qatar [cycling]
3rd feb 2010 - Qatar international sailing championshp
16th feb 2010 - Qatar 18th International Regatta (Sail the Gulf)
16th feb 2010 - 14th Qatar championship [table tennis]
12th mar 2010- IAAF indoor championship [athletics]
9th april 2010 - moto GP [lusail circuit]
22nd may 2010 - Asian Clubs Basketball Championship.
25th jun 2010 - World (9) Balls Billiard Championship
26th Oct 2010- WTA championship [tennis]
27th oct 2010 - International Handball Championship
6th nov 2010 - Qatar Classic Squash Chamionship

Apart from these there are lots of local and arab countries tournaments which i dint mention...
Please don't embarrass yourself with micro events. If you look at the other nations hosting such as Australia or England, they would multiply that list 10 times over and with actual world wide events such as the Australian Open (which is a grand slam), Wimbledon (which is a grand slam), F1 Grand Prix races, Indy Cars, they've also hosted Olympic games (multiple times), Rugby world cups (which is the 3rd largest event on the planet) etc etc etc. Qatar don't embarrass yourselves please, FAIL!
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #2273
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
You jus want gucci.. thats all.. we have much more .. you guys have to understand we are not living in middle of the desert here.. and my house is not in the oasis..
We don't give a toss about your house
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2274
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
We don't give a toss about your house
Unless he has a nice car or dining room.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #2275
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 434

Damn these things get petty.

The truth is every country has their strengths and weaknesses, and attractions that go with that.

One thing I will say is that the only issue with qouting sporting events, for any country, is how well they are attended. countries/cities can have all the events in the world, but if they are poorly supported, its meaningless.

Qatar has a small population, which makes it harder to fill all the venues for these sporting events, but the fact that they are trying to host these events is good for support. Support in crowd numbers will come in time, but its a long process.

The WC bidding process is complex, and it is my thinking that the USA and Australia have the strongest bids for 2022, but that does not mean that another of the 3 bids might now force their way through. If Qatar wins though, there is bound to be more questions than anything about the process. It is far from the strongest bid, or best overall value proposition for the game, so it will be interesting to see what will happen.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #2276
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
One thing I will say is that the only issue with qouting sporting events, for any country, is how well they are attended. countries/cities can have all the events in the world, but if they are poorly supported, its meaningless.

Qatar has a small population, which makes it harder to fill all the venues for these sporting events, but the fact that they are trying to host these events is good for support. Support in crowd numbers will come in time, but its a long process.

The WC bidding process is complex, and it is my thinking that the USA and Australia have the strongest bids for 2022, but that does not mean that another of the 3 bids might now force their way through. If Qatar wins though, there is bound to be more questions than anything about the process. It is far from the strongest bid, or best overall value proposition for the game, so it will be interesting to see what will happen.
Qatar has far more issues than it's population. The spread of the stadiums, the non existent tourist venues, security, the use of unproven technologies, graphic designed stadiums that don't exist, alcohol laws, issues with women, issues with even public making out, disgracing international football by purchasing more than half it's team, still failing to make the world cup, having no one at local football matches even with tens of overpaid overseas stars etc etc etc, the list can go forever but hey I'm not going to bother wasting my time with the rest of it, the FACT is Qatar or more accurately Doha is the WORST world cup bidding nation of all time. We had Columbia pull out in the 1980's but they deserved to host a world cup. There was an interesting point of view from Franz Beckenbauer actually, this is what he said.

"The football World Cup - it's even bigger than the Olympics because it's more cities, it's more spectacular than the Olympics - I think you can do it. "There is no doubt that Australia can host the World Cup and organise the World Cup."

I mean we all know Qatar got knocked back for the Olympics which is a single city event, I mean what in hecks name are Qatar bidding for an even bigger event, without even any real quality or any real right to host the world cup which requires a certain level of football development/skill as well, Qatar has failed on every single front, that you can possibly be judged on, as everyone else as stated all there is - is money and we've seen what effects bids like this can have with the chaos that it was created at FIFA headquarters. Well done to FIFA for not knocking out this ridiculous bid as soon as the bid was announced, well done indeed.
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #2277
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
You know nothing about my country, not a bit.

If we were so bad in sports we wouldn't have had 359 Qatari athletes during the last Asian Games in Doha. and we wouldn't have won the Gold medal in FOOTBALL. Not to mention silver in Handball & Basketball. clearly a success.
and this years Asian Games we are having 318 participants not to mention a 56–member female athletes delegation for the Guangzhou’s Games.

Again, we certainly are not the best, but we are in no way the worst.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #2278
harryjohn39

We specialize in graphic design, Web development and print production.

Graphic design, Web development
Our designers may also develop your website. In today’s market place, websites have become a business must. Customers generally search for services via the web or will look your business up for further information upon receiving a business card or flyer. We can develop simple streamline brochure websites that will help your company shine.
Leading provider of quality graphic design web development and print production Sydney Australia, quality full color offset printing of business cards, poster printing, brochures, flyers, labels and much more!
harryjohn39 no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #2279
RobH

Likes (Received): 10343

I take it the other side of the stadium wasn't any better then?

This raises questions over the deservedness of Qatar as a host and the legacy of several big stadiums in such a small nation. That's even before you get into arguments over tournament logistics.

And I ask this question again, WHY does the Qatari league not publish attendence figures? This thread is ENTIRELY reliant on anecdotal evidence without such statistics.
RobH no está en línea  
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #2280
Mr. Fitz
Get Your Walk On Son!

Likes (Received): 4

Qatar won't get it, it's just not possible.
Mr. Fitz no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022