daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 28th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #2301
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
And I ask this question again, WHY does the Qatari league not publish attendence figures? This thread is ENTIRELY reliant on anecdotal evidence without such statistics.
A bit of a side note but it seems like many Arab nations and Gulf nations in particular seem averse to collecting official data and surveys in a broad range of social and other topics. Maybe its a face saving thing to not have to look at hard numbers, I dunno.

Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #2302
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
A bit of a side note but it seems like many Arab nations and Gulf nations in particular seem averse to collecting official data and surveys in a broad range of social and other topics. Maybe its a face saving thing to not have to look at hard numbers, I dunno.
It'd be an absolute embarrassment that's why. The biggest game ever in Qatar would draw pretty much nothing in any other league, the rest varies from no people to twenty, twenty five. The average crowd attendance at games would be like 10 without the outlier "big match". Al-Gharafa played in Asian Champions league and their average crowd for an ACL game was like 200 or something, that's what I mean by embarrassing.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #2303
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Numbers are always rounded off I noticed when I surveyed the attendances of the AFC WCQs for 2010
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #2304
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
You know nothing about my country, not a bit.

If we were so bad in sports we wouldn't have had 359 Qatari athletes during the last Asian Games in Doha. and we wouldn't have won the Gold medal in FOOTBALL. Not to mention silver in Handball & Basketball. clearly a success.
and this years Asian Games we are having 318 participants not to mention a 56–member female athletes delegation for the Guangzhou’s Games.

Again, we certainly are not the best, but we are in no way the worst.
Sorry mate but...
Qatars sporting cred
Football-men-109th
football-women not even listed in top 168 teams
ATP tennis-no one in top 1500 or beyond
WTA tennis-no one ranked in top 1155
Golf-mens-no one listed at all in top 1325
Golf-womens-no one listed in top 728
FIBA-mens basketball 29th
FIBA-womens basketball-not ranked in top 71
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #2305
different

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
I think you haven't been to qatar at all.. u might have been here but i think long back.. way back in 80's i guess...

no tourism venues n screwed alchohol laws... now i get it... is thats all u need..?? i don't think so.. n yea doha has lots of tourism venues.. its a peninsula n u get to see lots of great beaches all around.. i wont say more to impress you.. see it for yourself..

i dint understand by what u said "s**t to football" what was that..?? please clarify.. Qatar has done more of what we all expected.. i think u are pissed up for not getting into the your school team.. because u make no sense mate.. n why does anyone want the public to watch the match for free..??? totally crazy statement.. paying few bucks wont be so much to watch a game.. n do you know how many football clubs exist right now in doha..???
Which tourism venues are you talking about? Villagio mall? Islamic Museum? Sealine Crappy Beach? Corniche? Inland sea? Souq Waqif? Did I miss something?

Could you tell me where's the lots of great beaches aside from crap Sealine? Where great beaches are you talking about where it doesnt even have a DECENT public beach much like just the ones in Jumeirah or Marina in Dubai... Sorry to burst your bubble mate....yeah Doha has changed a lot, it is improving, but there are just some things you cannot just buy by money....
different no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #2306
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Yes there were alot !!

Anyways, looking forward for Brazil Vs Argentina, we will have more than 59 Spektatorz !! Nuw rekored !!!
How much will tickets cost for this match?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #2307
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Regular - 100QR (27.5 USD)

About that match, too bad i didnt find any images of the spectators on the web except for these:

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #2308
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Regular - 100QR (27.5 USD)

About that match, too bad i didnt find any images of the spectators on the web except for these:

taking photos after games doesn't count, or paying people from other nations to pretend that they're your fans
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #2309
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
taking photos after games doesn't count, or paying people from other nations to pretend that they're your fans
That wasn't after the game that was just at kick off time. and nobody is paid to go to local matches, since they are free anyways. Again, you don't know anything about my country.
It a shame those attendees had to go home heartbroken by the loss.
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #2310
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
That wasn't after the game that was just at kick off time. and nobody is paid to go to local matches, since they are free anyways. Again, you don't know anything about my country.
But you still have nobody at the grounds and as I have said you pay overseas people to go and support your team. A fantastic example involves the Asian cup in 2007 when you paid the Vietnamese locals to go and support your, supporter less nation.
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:54 AM   #2311
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

The white outfits (I'm sorry I don't know what they're called) that everyone wears actually make for a cool visual as a background with the scarves.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM   #2312
nihad
doha rulz...

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
Which tourism venues are you talking about? Villagio mall? Islamic Museum? Sealine Crappy Beach? Corniche? Inland sea? Souq Waqif? Did I miss something?

Could you tell me where's the lots of great beaches aside from crap Sealine? Where great beaches are you talking about where it doesnt even have a DECENT public beach much like just the ones in Jumeirah or Marina in Dubai... Sorry to burst your bubble mate....yeah Doha has changed a lot, it is improving, but there are just some things you cannot just buy by money....

We ain't talking about buying somethings mate.. nobody from doha is.. we are talking about a world cup 12 years from now.. qatar jus got 6 years to build from scrap for the asian games n they did build more than jus stadiums for that event.. now don't tell me world cup is bigger than the asian games.. i clearly get that.. what am trying to say is doha has few project ongoing which will solve all your queries of did i miss something.. check out few like Pearl qatar, Lusail city project [its 25 kms in size], NDIA, Waab city, education city phase 2, sports museum...

Dubai n its beaches must be very good.. why aint they having any world class sports facilities as much as doha has... thats a point to distinguish too.. compare both very deeply in sporting facilities too coz doha does not need income from tourism ... we all know dubai rely a huge percentage on it...
So they have to be good at it.. So is doha in the sporting arena... there is a difference...

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #2313
nihad
doha rulz...

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
well it starts from Qr.50[usd 14] to Qr.500[usd 140] .. i bought few tickets yest n only Qr.50 is left out.. tickets sold off must faster than i thought it would..

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #2314
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
You know nothing about my country, not a bit.

If we were so bad in sports we wouldn't have had 359 Qatari athletes during the last Asian Games in Doha. and we wouldn't have won the Gold medal in FOOTBALL. Not to mention silver in Handball & Basketball. clearly a success.
and this years Asian Games we are having 318 participants not to mention a 56–member female athletes delegation for the Guangzhou’s Games.

Again, we certainly are not the best, but we are in no way the worst.
You are not you the best but you are able to realize what is impossible in other part of the world because you have no ecomic limit. You have money and your money can make possible the impossible.

This is the point.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #2315
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Is there anyone so kind to repeat me what will be the legacy after Qatar 2022, I don't want read the whole thread and we are discussing a lot abput this fact on italian forum, having an argument too.
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #2316
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
Is there anyone so kind to repeat me what will be the legacy after Qatar 2022, I don't want read the whole thread and we are discussing a lot abput this fact on italian forum, having an argument too.
Some stadiums will be reduced by half its size, and donated to poor developing countries, some stadiums will also be changed to multi-purpose stadiums instead of football-specific.
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #2317
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
The white outfits (I'm sorry I don't know what they're called) that everyone wears actually make for a cool visual as a background with the scarves.
The thoub, which is Qatar's national dress and local name (Emaratis call it Kandoora, Saudis and Kuwaitis call it Dishdasha) with each their own certain distinctive features.
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #2318
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Legacy di QATAR 2022

A FIFA World Cup held in Qatar will leave behind a spectacular legacy both locally and internationally. Most of our stadiums will have modular components, allowing us to provide 22 stadiums to developing nations when the FIFA World Cup™ ends. We will provide our revolutionary cooling technologies to other countries with hot climates, allowing them the honour of hosting global sporting events. Our social responsibility initiatives are already having an impact in Asia. And hosting the FIFA World Cup™ in the Middle East for the first time will attract huge crowds from Asia, and promote a message of unity and cultural understanding that will echo around the world.

Modular stadiums are a core element of Qatar’s plans to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup™. In the run-up to the tournament, we will build or upgrade 12 stadiums with seating capacities greater than 40,000. Modular components will be used in building most of these stadiums. Qatar is developing rapidly, but will not need this level of seating capacity after the FIFA World Cup™. To solve the problem of possible “white elephants” while ensuring a lasting legacy, 170,000 seats from our stadiums will be modular. After the tournament, we will donate this modular seating to developing nations around the world, creating 22 beautiful stadiums. High-quality facilities, often available in the receiving countries for the first time, will undoubtedly spur the growth of football, while demonstrating Qatar’s commitment to development of sport and society in countries that are passionate about football but not wealthy enough to build world-class facilities.

Environmental stewardship has become increasingly important to the world football community. In line with this, all of our stadiums will be carbon-neutral, using solar energy to cool our stadiums when in use, creating an optimal experience for both fans and players. When not in use, the solar panels will create electricity that can be exported onto Qatar’s power grid. The technologies we are developing will be made available to other countries with hot climates, so that they too can experience the thrill of hosting major sporting events.

Our social responsibility and football development team has worked with more than 30 schools in Qatar, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan and Syria to further develop football in under-served communities. We’ve rehabilitated 16 football pitches and built two FIFA standard pitches. We have also coached and tested over 1,000 children from these schools and surrounding communities, and trained almost 100 coaches. All of this was done while addressing pressing social issues in these communities, using football as a means to communicate messages about health, social integration and other important topics. We will continue working with these communities in the coming years, with plans to build more football pitches and further integrating these marginalized communities into their societies. Building sustainable football infrastructure in these communities ensures that football will be played and loved there for generations to come, creating healthier and more stable communities.

Qatar’s position as a bridge between East and West means that matches will be broadcast at ideal times for markets in Europe, the Middle East, and the Indian subcontinent. Traditionally, fans have traveled to FIFA World Cups from football powerhouses in Europe and the Americas. A FIFA World Cup in Qatar will bring viewers and guests not just from Europe, but also from emerging markets in Asia and the Indian subcontinent. For the first time in history, significant numbers of Asian fans will travel and witness the FIFA World Cup™ firsthand. They will bring their passion and excitement for football back to their home countries, spurring further growth of the game.

It is hard to overstate the passion for football that ignites fans in the Middle East. Many of the region’s fans and players have long dreamed of witnessing or playing in a FIFA World Cup™ staged in the Arab world. Qatar hosting the tournament will be their best chance to see their favorite football players from around the world play in their region. Furthermore, we expect that many Arab states, upon hearing that the FIFA World Cup™ will be hosted in the Middle East, will redouble their efforts to create the best possible football infrastructure, in hopes of seeing their national team play in a FIFA World Cup™ held on their “home turf” in the Middle East. Finally, a FIFA World Cup™ in the Qatar will promote a message of peace and understanding between cultures, creating a message of unity that will reverberate around the world.
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #2319
Mr.Underground
BANNED

QATAR 2022 - A compact bid

Qatar is setting out to be the most geographically focused FIFA World Cup™ ever. All of our stadiums will be integrated into Qatar’s new, efficient metro and rail network. Most stadiums will be less than 30 minutes apart, and the longest distance between any two stadiums will be one hour. Catching two games on the same day will be easy. Players and coaches will benefit too. Once established at their custom-built base camps, they can focus on football, without having to worry about needless distractions like travel or changes of accommodation.

[IMG]http://i54.************/25qsu1z.jpg[/IMG]

Once players and fans arrive in Doha, they won’t be required to take expensive and time-consuming flights. Spectators will have more time to watch matches and enjoy the World Cup atmosphere. When not attending matches live, fans will have the option of watching matches at purpose-designed fan zones, which will also be easily accessible by mass transit.

[IMG]http://i52.************/16a2jxt.jpg[/IMG]

Teams will also benefit. Once they arrive at their team base camp, customized to their needs, they won’t have to deal with changing accommodations or traveling, except to matches. Teams will be able to focus all of their energy on playing beautiful football.

http://www.qatar2022bid.com/qatars-bid/compact-bid
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #2320
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

It's good to see people from Qatar running the Qatar bid thread, not a bunch of wild aussie trolls.

I think the football players would enjoy a world cup in Qatar as there isn't much travelling. They care about the football and big distances like in Brazil, Australia or USA will have a great impact on them
Trelawny no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022