daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 30th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #2321
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Oh Trelawny, Mr. Chip-on-your-shoulder. While some people may be mocking, and taking the piss out of the Doha 2022 bid (see, I did it there), you're no lesser troll than they. I see what you write, and 99% of it is idiotic drivel.

Look, I'm sorry that neither of your countries can even put forth a bit, let alone win.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #2322
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
Qatar is setting out to be the most geographically focused FIFA World Cup™ ever.Single city bids are illegal
Most stadiums will be less than 30 minutes apart, and the longest distance between any two stadiums will be one hour.
Catching two games on the same day will be easy.Two games on the same day is illegal
Players and coaches will benefit too. Once established at their custom-built base camps, they can focus on football, without having to worry about needless distractions like travel or changes of accommodation.Live underground for a month

Once players and fans arrive in Doha, they won’t be required to take expensive and time-consuming flights.
Internal flights in South Africa weren't expensive and only took a few hours at most
Spectators will have more time to watch matches and enjoy the World Cup atmosphere. When not attending matches live, fans will have the option of watching matches at purpose-designed fan zones, which will also be easily accessible by mass transit.There will be no fan atmosphere,no alcohol,freedom of movement restrictions in order to cater for everyone in 1 city

Teams will also benefit. Once they arrive at their team base camp, customized to their needs, they won’t have to deal with changing accommodations or traveling, except to matches. Teams will be able to focus all of their energy on playing beautiful football.All teams always have a fixed base camp anyway

http://www.qatar2022bid.com/qatars-bid/compact-bid
There won't be any revolutionary World Cups coming to Doha
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:27 AM   #2323
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
well it starts from Qr.50[usd 14] to Qr.500[usd 140] .. i bought few tickets yest n only Qr.50 is left out.. tickets sold off must faster than i thought it would..
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
It's good to see people from Qatar running the Qatar bid thread, not a bunch of wild aussie trolls.

I think the football players would enjoy a world cup in Qatar as there isn't much travelling. They care about the football and big distances like in Brazil, Australia or USA will have a great impact on them
Well that's a troll if I've ever seen one....
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #2324
jacoboy7

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
You know nothing about my country, not a bit.

If we were so bad in sports we wouldn't have had 359 Qatari athletes during the last Asian Games in Doha. and we wouldn't have won the Gold medal in FOOTBALL. Not to mention silver in Handball & Basketball. clearly a success.
and this years Asian Games we are having 318 participants not to mention a 56–member female athletes delegation for the Guangzhou’s Games.

Again, we certainly are not the best, but we are in no way the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
We ain't talking about buying somethings mate.. nobody from doha is.. we are talking about a world cup 12 years from now.. qatar jus got 6 years to build from scrap for the asian games n they did build more than jus stadiums for that event.. now don't tell me world cup is bigger than the asian games.. i clearly get that.. what am trying to say is doha has few project ongoing which will solve all your queries of did i miss something.. check out few like Pearl qatar, Lusail city project [its 25 kms in size], NDIA, Waab city, education city phase 2, sports museum...

Dubai n its beaches must be very good.. why aint they having any world class sports facilities as much as doha has... thats a point to distinguish too.. compare both very deeply in sporting facilities too coz doha does not need income from tourism ... we all know dubai rely a huge percentage on it...
So they have to be good at it.. So is doha in the sporting arena... there is a difference...

You guys are always saying how we couldn't host the Asian games, how we weren't good enough to host it, because we weren't asian...
Quote:
In 2007, the President of OCA, Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahd Al-Sabah, rejected the proposal to allow Australia to participate in the Games. He stated that while Australia would add good value to the Asian Games, it would be unfair to the other NOCs in Oceania.
Your people WON'T let us host the games because they know we will dominate it.

We got 74 gold medals -_-
We had over 400 athletes go to the beijing olympics, and you try use sports as your strong side.

yay you won the gold medal in football, at the ASIAN GAMES -_-...
Yet your ranked over 100th and you cannot even qualify for the WC.

To me winning 3 gold medals, especially in handball I wouldn't call a success, though basketball is a good feat, since China has yu ming or whatever.

Your the worst in soccer though xD.
Obviously your not the worst, but the amount of money you have, you should be a lot better than you are, if you saying your country is all sporty.

Well we are because its a major deal of corruption!!

Yes from scratch because you didn't have any sporting infrastructure before.

Blah blah blah, THROW MONEY AT IT!

Money...

...why are you hosting all these events then, I thought it was to get your name out there...was it not?

No, no your not.
You may thing you are, but to the world your not.

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #2325
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
You know nothing about my country, not a bit.

If we were so bad in sports we wouldn't have had 359 Qatari athletes during the last Asian Games in Doha. and we wouldn't have won the Gold medal in FOOTBALL. Not to mention silver in Handball & Basketball. clearly a success.
and this years Asian Games we are having 318 participants not to mention a 56–member female athletes delegation for the Guangzhou’s Games.

Again, we certainly are not the best, but we are in no way the worst.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:51 AM   #2326
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickywilliam View Post
It's not impossible to host in Qatar the World Cup because it will host on 2018 they have enough time to expand there stadiums.
What planet do you live on?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #2327
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
What planet do you live on?
Planet Doha
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:52 AM   #2328
Will737

I find it odd how Qatarson 333 gloated about a 58 member womens team for the Asian games. Its not the sort of thing that is generally gloated about. Why? Because its expected that a woman's team will go and it is kind of sad when people say they sent women to an event.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #2329
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
I find it odd how Qatarson 333 gloated about a 58 member womens team for the Asian games. Its not the sort of thing that is generally gloated about. Why? Because its expected that a woman's team will go and it is kind of sad when people say they sent women to an event.
Excuse me, We had Qatari women athletes participate in the Doha Asian Games, i was saying that this is the largest number (of Qatari women) to go to an international event abroad so-far. Not to mention that this year we saw the first Qatari women participation in any-form of Olympics, so there is some progress being made, it didn't look nice to say that Saudi-Arabia and Qatar were the only countries that didn't have women take part in an Olympics. Women sports is developing quickly over here.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #2330
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

It would be interesting reading the comments, in case Qatar will b the host country.

Go Qatar.

An your italian fan.

P.S.: Qatar son I have to ask you a pleasure, I will send you a PM.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #2331
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

It will also be funny if they don't, despite having 9 'promised' votes.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #2332
amrja

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
amrja no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #2333
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Lets look back abit.

Heir Apparent Cup Final (Al-Gharrafa vs Al-Rayyan) 2010
This match was attended by FIFA President Sepp Blatter in addition to AFC president Bin Hammam Not to mention other delegates. The cooling technologies were proven during this match (although it was used many times before and after the match, including the FIFA inspection)

Old October 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #2334
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Looking YET AGAIN at the FIFA inspection in Qatar last September.
This time with new images.

FIFA WC INSPECTION OF QATAR (September 2010)

Old October 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #2335
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

CANT WAIT !!!!

Old October 30th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #2336
Will737

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrja View Post
Generally countries like the US, Russia and Australia send women and it isn't such an iconic thing.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #2337
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Generally countries like the US, Russia and Australia send women and it isn't such an iconic thing.
Who said it is !!
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #2338
Will737

Quote:
Who said it is !!
You telling us like it is some big achievement.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #2339
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
You telling us like it is some big achievement.
I just posted from an article, jeeez !
Old October 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #2340
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrja View Post
Congratulations on reaching the 20th Century,glad you finally made it.Would be good if you had a Womens National Football team like another 168 nations.
Also quite surprised the ladies from the WTA are allowed to show so much flesh in Doha ATM.Do they need a permit??
_X_ no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022