daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 31st, 2010, 05:02 AM   #2361
pathfinder_2010

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
Qatar is setting out to be the most geographically focused FIFA World Cup™ ever. All of our stadiums will be integrated into Qatar’s new, efficient metro and rail network. Most stadiums will be less than 30 minutes apart, and the longest distance between any two stadiums will be one hour. Catching two games on the same day will be easy. Players and coaches will benefit too. Once established at their custom-built base camps, they can focus on football, without having to worry about needless distractions like travel or changes of accommodation.

[IMG]http://i54.************/25qsu1z.jpg[/IMG]

Once players and fans arrive in Doha, they won’t be required to take expensive and time-consuming flights. Spectators will have more time to watch matches and enjoy the World Cup atmosphere. When not attending matches live, fans will have the option of watching matches at purpose-designed fan zones, which will also be easily accessible by mass transit.

[IMG]http://i52.************/16a2jxt.jpg[/IMG]

Teams will also benefit. Once they arrive at their team base camp, customized to their needs, they won’t have to deal with changing accommodations or traveling, except to matches. Teams will be able to focus all of their energy on playing beautiful football.

http://www.qatar2022bid.com/qatars-bid/compact-bid
Are you serious ? So many stadiums in such small vicinity.
Deluded bid seriously
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:57 PM   #2362
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoboy7 View Post
Though its racist I 100% agree.
Their mentality is that the world needs to bow down to them.
STEREOTYPICALLY!

Its 100% relevant to the topic, everything X has posted is a good eye opener to everyone seeing this thread.
We aren't trolling the thread, just showing everyone the truth behind all your propaganda posts.

IF Qatar actually get the WC, I hope the entire world know it was from corruption, and we protest it by not going, I know I will.
In another 2042, I will commit to your WC and Olympic games, when you at least wait awhile for the respect and fame from the world...not "jumping to the from of the queue"
You call me mentally retarted person lol have a look in the mirror. If Qatar gets the bid it just proves their bid is better than Australia's. It proves Australia is a joke. Nobody cares if you or any other Australians don't go. Your just mad that Qatar people are richer than you than and you don't got arab money.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:11 AM   #2363
CologneOujda

Likes (Received): 3

I don't support this bid because it's just rediculous to host a world cup in such a tiny area and also I don't like the whole naturalization policy of qatar, but the hating on here from the australians is just too much. Just wait for the results than you can start complaining.
CologneOujda no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:16 AM   #2364
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
You call me mentally retarted person lol have a look in the mirror. If Qatar gets the bid it just proves their bid is better than Australia's. It proves Australia is a joke. Nobody cares if you or any other Australians don't go. Your just mad that Qatar people are richer than you than and you don't got arab money.
And you called other people trolls. Funny little man.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:24 AM   #2365
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

I want to see something of new and only Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 can give me this feeling.

Other bids make me a feeling of something seen. Russia and Qatar have personality, new conception of stadia, new countries. They have the pleasure to be new country and for fan the pleasure to discover them.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:27 AM   #2366
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
I want to see something of new and only Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 can give me this feeling.

Other bids make me a feeling of something seen. Russia and Qatar have personality, new conception of stadia, new countries. They have the pleasure to be new country and for fan the pleasure to discover them.
yes, economic waste/giving world cups to the most undeserving nations is the way to go in your world, but it's not reality
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM   #2367
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
yes, economic waste/giving world cups to the most undeserving nations is the way to go in your world, but it's not reality
Russia too?
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:37 AM   #2368
djwizard84

i think that Qatar should not get the WC because it would be just a waste of money (it doesn't matter if you have a lot) those facilities after the WC would be empty, no real use... hotels, restaurants and so on!

future after the WC should be the legacy of an important event... and doesn't see future for this "investment"
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:42 AM   #2369
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwizard84 View Post
i think that Qatar should not get the WC because it would be just a waste of money (it doesn't matter if you have a lot) those facilities after the WC would be empty, no real use... hotels, restaurants and so on!

future after the WC should be the legacy of an important event... and doesn't see future for this "investment"
Is your the money? No, so is not important for you if it is a waste of money.

About the legacy, you will have not stadia of 45,000 but many stadia with 25,000 seats, so not too big.
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:47 AM   #2370
Wezza
©

Why do you feel so compelled to defend every negative comment about Qatar's bid?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:55 AM   #2371
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Why do you feel so compelled to defend every negative comment about Qatar's bid?
You and all australian continue to criticize Qatar's bid, without stopping to try to understand.

Yep, Qatar is a little country, but full of money, the bid has got an interesting legacy with the history of modular stadia to send in the poorest country.

You criticize it only because Qatar is a little country but you and your friend are not able to understand that Qatar is doing a good job, the bis is seriouse, well realized.

And passion Qatar's bid have the possibility to transform the impossible in possible.

And I want to continue dreaming, seeing Qatar host country for WC 2022.

Last edited by Mr.Underground; November 1st, 2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:08 AM   #2372
Livno80101
studying

Quote:

And what about Land Down Under?

What's Qatar's personality? Money?
Livno80101 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:20 AM   #2373
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by CologneOujda View Post
I don't support this bid because it's just rediculous to host a world cup in such a tiny area and also I don't like the whole naturalization policy of qatar, but the hating on here from the australians is just too much. Just wait for the results than you can start complaining.
I will continue to post facts related to the bid.Waiting till after the result helps no one,its already too late if foul play is aloud to prosper.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:55 AM   #2374
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

Same my brotha fight the power!

Russia/Qatar for the win!
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:10 AM   #2375
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Same my brotha fight the power!

Russia/Qatar for the win!
You are mickey mouse and dunt deserv 2 speek.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:55 AM   #2376
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
You and all australian continue to criticize Qatar's bid, without stopping to try to understand.

Yep, Qatar is a little country, but full of money, the bid has got an interesting legacy with the history of modular stadia to send in the poorest country.

You criticize it only because Qatar is a little country but you and your friend are not able to understand that Qatar is doing a good job, the bis is seriouse, well realized.

And passion Qatar's bid have the possibility to transform the impossible in possible.

And I want to continue dreaming, seeing Qatar host country for WC 2022.
Hosting an entire world cup in and around 1 city is not going to happen, is not feasible, and has absolutely nothing to do whether its in Qatar or Cape Town or Abuja or Paris.

There has been absolutely no precedent for hosting more than 2 venues in host city including massive, significantly more capable cities e.g. Rio, Johannesburg, Paris, London, Sydney, Berlin, Munich.

FIFA are not about to change that with a smaller city, that struggles to offer more than 2 real cities as host cities.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM   #2377
MoreOrLess

Likes (Received): 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Hosting an entire world cup in and around 1 city is not going to happen, is not feasible, and has absolutely nothing to do whether its in Qatar or Cape Town or Abuja or Paris.

There has been absolutely no precedent for hosting more than 2 venues in host city including massive, significantly more capable cities e.g. Rio, Johannesburg, Paris, London, Sydney, Berlin, Munich.

FIFA are not about to change that with a smaller city, that struggles to offer more than 2 real cities as host cities.
Well maybe London.

Seriously though I do think recent events highlight the problems with allowing what was obviously an unrealistic bid to get this far. A Qatar/UAE bid might have a more realistc shot but at best this was just about publicity and at worst outright corruption.

Last edited by MoreOrLess; November 1st, 2010 at 09:09 AM.
MoreOrLess no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:59 AM   #2378
Wezza
©

Quote:
And I want to continue dreaming
Thought so.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM   #2379
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrLess View Post
Well maybe London.

Seriously though I do think recent events highlight the problems with allowing what was obviously an unrealistic bid to get this far. A Qatar/UAE bid might have a more realistc shot but at best this was just about publicity and at worst outright corruption.
That's not the point. London can but FIFA will still not allow perhaps more than 3 venues in London due to the match schedule and strain it places on the WC.

There are 2,000 requirements which focus on each venue, which are not seen on telly, clearing the airspace, clearing the 1km exclusion zone, etc etc

and each of these, while not visible are required for each venue.

The more venues in close proximity the crazier it gets trying to meet all these requirements and still ensure all city resources are focussed on the WC.

The bare minimum CT could get from FIFA was to allow a rugby test match on a non-match day, a day after the France-Uruguay match. Apart from that no other festivals, major events, conferences etc. were allow.

Its total lock-down.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:42 AM   #2380
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Yep.
When I was at Moses Mabhida for the Spain v Switzerland the guy next to me was saying he had swam every morning for years out the front of the stadium.He had to stop this 3 months before

The freedom of movement of such a bid would be horrendous.
If Iran ,USA,North Korea,England are all in close proximity it would be ridiculous for the fans,the dignitaries,the security of the players
Up to 28 teams in essentially 1 small city is too much of a nightmare
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022