daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM   #2381
nihad
doha rulz...

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Yep.
When I was at Moses Mabhida for the Spain v Switzerland the guy next to me was saying he had swam every morning for years out the front of the stadium.He had to stop this 3 months before

The freedom of movement of such a bid would be horrendous.
If Iran ,USA,North Korea,England are all in close proximity it would be ridiculous for the fans,the dignitaries,the security of the players
Up to 28 teams in essentially 1 small city is too much of a nightmare
mate .. the city is not small.. qatar has more than 65 % land not used.. the rest 35 % includes doha, shamal , al khor and wakra... majority projects are taking place in new places outside doha.. Doha is quite big... big enough to host...

shamal n al khor... the distance between doha and al khor is about 80 kms... shamal is around 135 kms away from doha... i understand the distance aussie cities has but here the case is different coz we aint looking for many cities...

please tell me what is wrong in one city bid..??? seriously will the world end or so..?? i see ppl commenting in such a way.. wht is that extra thing you can get to see from australian bid tht makes em so different... you goto spill that out rather than bringing out the size of the city and pointing out only the negative side of a country...

lots of things are always best misunderstood.
nihad no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM   #2382
nihad
doha rulz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
You and all australian continue to criticize Qatar's bid, without stopping to try to understand.

Yep, Qatar is a little country, but full of money, the bid has got an interesting legacy with the history of modular stadia to send in the poorest country.

You criticize it only because Qatar is a little country but you and your friend are not able to understand that Qatar is doing a good job, the bis is seriouse, well realized.

And passion Qatar's bid have the possibility to transform the impossible in possible.

And I want to continue dreaming, seeing Qatar host country for WC 2022.

Understand.. no way .. they dont do that.. i have realized that fact long back.. australia has got lots of issues too.. but we look into the better side too which they dont.. some problems like almost all of Australia's largest stadiums are used by other major Australian sports whose domestic seasons overlap with the World Cup ..

nihad no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:06 PM   #2383
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihad View Post
mate .. the city is not small.. qatar has more than 65 % land not used.. the rest 35 % includes doha, shamal , al khor and wakra... majority projects are taking place in new places outside doha.. Doha is quite big... big enough to host...

shamal n al khor... the distance between doha and al khor is about 80 kms... shamal is around 135 kms away from doha... i understand the distance aussie cities has but here the case is different coz we aint looking for many cities...

please tell me what is wrong in one city bid..??? seriously will the world end or so..?? i see ppl commenting in such a way.. wht is that extra thing you can get to see from australian bid tht makes em so different... you goto spill that out rather than bringing out the size of the city and pointing out only the negative side of a country...
Qatar may not be, but i'm sure when it comes down to it, FIFA will be.

Let me ask you, have you been to a World Cup?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:17 PM   #2384
nihad
doha rulz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Qatar may not be, but i'm sure when it comes down to it, FIFA will be.

Let me ask you, have you been to a World Cup?
yes... phew...

nihad no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM   #2385
Wezza
©

Quote:
yes... phew...
Is that a yes that you have been? If so, you should know better than to make statements like, "please tell me what is wrong in one city bid..???" I mean, come on....
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM   #2386
nihad
doha rulz...

Quote:
Is that a yes that you have been? If so, you should know better than to make statements like, "please tell me what is wrong in one city bid..???" I mean, come on....
because its not one city bid.. you guys make it one city.. shamal is not in doha.. al khor is not in doha.. its an entire community living in al khor.... and as i said doha is not small its huge enough to host.. older times we use to consider some towns like rayyan, umm salal , madinat khalifa, dafna n gharaffa out side doha.. but now its all consdired to be in part of doha even though its not.. it all has local football clubs n community stadiums...

nihad no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM   #2387
Wezza
©

Quote:
mate .. the city is not small..
Let's compare Doha & surrounding districts to Sydney:

It's small....
Quote:
because its not one city bid.. you guys make it one city.. shamal is not in doha.. al khor is not in doha.. its an entire community living in al khor.... and as i said doha is not small its huge enough to host.. older times we use to consider some towns like rayyan, umm salal , madinat khalifa, dafna n gharaffa out side doha.. but now its all consdired to be in part of doha even though its not.. it all has local football clubs n community stadiums...
Okay then, could you to please post up some statistics of the other cities included in the bid? Thanks in advance.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM   #2388
nihad
doha rulz...

could you please find something new here.. the new airport is getting officially opened next year n in this map the airport site is in the sea..not even the landscape work is half done..

nihad no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM   #2389
Wezza
©

Quote:
could you please find something new here.. the new airport is getting officially opened next year n in this map the airport site is in the sea..not even the landscape work is half done..
Not that it matters much, but anyway, it's there in the closer shot:

If you look at the first photo I posted, you can see the size of the city compared to the airport. The airport gives it a run for it's money in size stakes. lol
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:12 PM   #2390
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Exactly, the height chosen for the map was Doha 6 years ago....
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM   #2391
Wezza
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Exactly, the height chosen for the map was Doha 6 years ago....
Let me guess, Doha has at least quadrupled in size since then?
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:22 PM   #2392
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Almust as much as Balluna!1!
Will737 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:47 PM   #2393
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Hy Nihad (or Qatar Son) could you put a map of metro extension (85 km) planned in Doha.

Hello from a rainy Milan.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:29 PM   #2394
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Not quadrupled but it did grow a lot, for example many new projects such as the Pearl Qatar, Lusail city, Education city, and many other communities and projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
Hy Nihad (or Qatar Son) could you put a map of metro extension (85 km) planned in Doha.

Hello from a rainy Milan.
If by metro you mean Railways the map is below.
if you meant the nations master plan, then we might need to wait until the first quarter of 2011.

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:05 PM   #2395
White_soX

Likes (Received): 0

where is everyone?
White_soX no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM   #2396
CologneOujda

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_soX View Post
where is everyone?
don't you see them? The fans have red shirts on
Why does Qatar need DB to manage their railways?
CologneOujda no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM   #2397
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Not quadrupled but it did grow a lot, for example many new projects such as the Pearl Qatar, Lusail city, Education city, and many other communities and projects.

If by metro you mean Railways the map is below.
if you meant the nations master plan, then we might need to wait until the first quarter of 2011.

No, I mean the plan of development metro and urban transport in Doha.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM   #2398
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Second in the table Al Arabi currently entertaining Al Ahli, pulling yet another sell-out crowd in the Qatar League.

Where was eveyone when Egypt hosted the 2009 under 20 world cup???? Or the 2006 African Cup of Nations??? So don't talk shiznit!
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:38 PM   #2399
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Where was eveyone when Egypt hosted the 2009 under 20 world cup???? Or the 2006 African Cup of Nations??? So don't talk shiznit!
Will737 no está en línea  
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:52 PM   #2400
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Egypt actually deserves to host the world cup unlike Doha, which is an absolute embarrassment to international football. This is a video for the under 20 world cup in Egypt, looks pretty good to me, unlike Doha's sham. As I said Doha should withdraw their sham/joke of a bid ASAP. Egypt would be an amazing world cup host, pyramids, valley of the pharaohs etc etc after games or before/after would be perfect for tourists (tourist venues is one of the many list of things which Doha's sham bid can only dream about).
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022