daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2010, 12:20 AM   #2401
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Is hosting the WC the only way Qatar can actually get in?
Will737 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2010, 12:47 AM   #2402
AndreasBerlin

Likes (Received): 0

Hi all, I am new to this thread.

I think Qatar is a good country and I love the middle east, but I am worried for the world cup if it is held in only Qatar. My country held the world cup 4 years ago, and while everything looked to go smoothly on the surface, it was a lot of hard work and a lot of preparation. It especially relied on the hard work of the individual hosting cities. Each one of them was stretched to the max making sure they could handle the incoming visitors and make the tournament go smoothly. I just can't see how one city could physically handle the world cup. Ok, I know that many of the stadiums are technically in a different designated city, but they will share accommodation, transport, food, water, police, and security facilities, just to name a few. The pressure on all of these things will be immense. Germany was able to work because the pressure was spread across many different cities.

As I said, Qatar is a good place, but I think if they want to hold a world cup, they should put forward a joint bid with countries like Bahrain, UAE, Oman or kuwait. That way the hosting pressure can be spread around.
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:50 AM   #2403
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

I can't see the people...
Will737 no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:53 AM   #2404
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Was interesting to hear the NeBe suggesting Egypt would/could co-hosting a fantastic World Cup-I totally agree.So many co hosting arrangements would work,to allow smaller bids to comply and compete with the superpowers of football
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM   #2405
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

I have decided to drop my Cape Town 2026 WC bid for Johannesburg which has most of the venues in place. These venues are actually real and aren't renders.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM   #2406
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Today’s home match of Al Rayyan:

Tried to count people in this photo-still looking

Grey seats left=20
Red centre=87
Grey right=99

Total crowd for match of the week=208
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 02:32 PM   #2407
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

The area circled in red is the reclaimed land for Doha's new airport.... The total area of Qatar has significantly increased with this.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM   #2408
_X_

Area in red =25°16′23″N 51°36′29″E
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 02:44 PM   #2409
aaronaugi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Underground View Post
Is your the money? No, so is not important for you if it is a waste of money.

About the legacy, you will have not stadia of 45,000 but many stadia with 25,000 seats, so not too big.
How about some foreign aid Qatar. In the case of Qatar, spending on the WC is wasteful. The market capitalisation isn't big enough to make it worth while.
aaronaugi1 no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #2410
AndreasBerlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronaugi1 View Post
How about some foreign aid Qatar. In the case of Qatar, spending on the WC is wasteful. The market capitalisation isn't big enough to make it worth while.
I was talking to someone the other day who said that the amount of money Qatar will spend on the proposed world cup was enough money to achieve the UN Millenium Development goals. And that includes things like the eradication of world hunger and universal education. I don't know if it is true or not, but they are spending a hell of a lot
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #2411
jacoboy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post

The area circled in red is the reclaimed land for Doha's new airport.... The total area of Qatar has significantly increased with this.
hahahahahhaha. xD

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:58 AM   #2412
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post

Anyway,back to the basic intrinsics and core identity the Qatar bid will be remembered for:

Every chance they will form the basis for a massive National Park
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #2413
Phevos
Madrid 2020

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Where was eveyone when Egypt hosted the 2009 under 20 world cup???? Or the 2006 African Cup of Nations???
I don't know, but both events had the highest attendance ever in their categories
Phevos no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #2414
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

You know, one spark could lead to a fire, cut in this match it lead to a total hell ! sure its nothing compared to other countries problems, seems that even tiny Qatar has small hooliganism issues that is a "small" concern.

This was Al-Rayyan vs Al-Gharrafa match played at Al-Gharrafa Stadium.

Bad attendance huh ? i see "enough" people to say its good attendance.

This video taken from a television show on Al-Kass Tv where they ask spectators about their views, comments etc. lots of action .

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #2415
MysteryMike
BANNED

MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #2416
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Dude I wouldn't call that good attendance.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #2417
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
You know, one spark could lead to a fire, cut in this match it lead to a total hell ! sure its nothing compared to other countries problems, seems that even tiny Qatar has small hooliganism issues that is a "small" concern.

This video taken from a television show on Al-Kass Tv where they ask spectators about their views, comments etc. lots of action .

Translation:

Guy 1: I'll tell father about this shennanigans!
Guy 2: Wait isn't that our brother number 312?
Guy 1: Oh yeah, what a shit I've always hated him ever since he bullied brother number 12 345!
Guy 2: Haha, how about we make fun of how father bought us platinum plated Bentleys and he only got a gold plated PORSCHE! LOL, we are so funny.
Guy 1: Yeah, did I tell you tonight is the night sister 1211 and I produce our first baby?

Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #2418
woozoo

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:

Bitterly dissapointed. Wif that music I was sure Jaws was gonna jump outta the water. All that suspense and nothing happened
woozoo no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #2419
woozoo

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post

I would never **** with a guy from Thailand. Thats some hard out Muay Thai kicks in that vid!
woozoo no está en línea  
Old November 8th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #2420
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Dude I wouldn't call that good attendance.

More that 59
_X_ no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022