daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #2421
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
I would never **** with a guy from Thailand. Thats some hard out Muay Thai kicks in that vid!
Muruddi v MBH
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:53 AM   #2422
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
Fan walk as an Qatari parading in an air-conditioned pedestrian zone?
no. two zones. one for males and one for females.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #2423
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
Translation:

Guy 1: I'll tell father about this shennanigans!
Guy 2: Wait isn't that our brother number 312?
Guy 1: Oh yeah, what a shit I've always hated him ever since he bullied brother number 12 345!
Guy 2: Haha, how about we make fun of how father bought us platinum plated Bentleys and he only got a gold plated PORSCHE! LOL, we are so funny.
Guy 1: Yeah, did I tell you tonight is the night sister 1211 and I produce our first baby?
Thank you for translating, I didnt know you talked Arabikh !

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
Bitterly dissapointed. Wif that music I was sure Jaws was gonna jump outta the water. All that suspense and nothing happened
In terms of local football it is actually "bad" since this kind of behavior is rare (and obviously unwanted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post


More that 59
Yes its a major achievement !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
no. two zones. one for males and one for females.
Yes thats was my proposal that i have submitted for the 2022 bid committee
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #2424
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post

Yes thats was my proposal that i have submitted for the 2022 bid committee
That was a joke. Its actually scary how little you guys know about the WC and what type of event it is.

To event suggest separate fan walks and entrances for males and females is beyond ludicrous.

But in a way I suppose it sums up the Qatar bid. Ludicrous.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #2425
Wezza
©
 
Wezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Townsville
Posts: 8,861
Likes (Received): 968


Too much green grass in that pic.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:43 AM   #2426
Trelawny
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tdot & The Caribbean Region
Posts: 2,580
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
That was a joke. Its actually scary how little you guys know about the WC and what type of event it is.

To event suggest separate fan walks and entrances for males and females is beyond ludicrous.

But in a way I suppose it sums up the Qatar bid. Ludicrous.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #2427
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
That was a joke. Its actually scary how little you guys know about the WC and what type of event it is.

To event suggest separate fan walks and entrances for males and females is beyond ludicrous.

But in a way I suppose it sums up the Qatar bid. Ludicrous.
I wonder why my comment was not seen as sarcasm, since i was extending the joke !!
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #2428
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
I wonder why my comment was not seen as sarcasm, since i was extending the joke !!
He might not understand English well enough to detect sarcasm. Don't be so judgemental.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #2429
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
I wonder why my comment was not seen as sarcasm, since i was extending the joke !!
Because the suggestion to separate males and females is as ludicrous as attempting to host an entire WC in one city.

You leave no room for sarcasm.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #2430
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Note hints at Iberian and Qatari bids acquittal

A note by the head of the Spain/Portugal joint bid for the 2018 FIFA World Cup suggests there will be no punishment to his, and Qatar’s 2022 World Cup candidacy for alleged collusion.

According to the Press Association, Angel Maria Villar Llona wrote a note to Qatari Mohamed Bin Hammam during last month’s FIFA executive committee meeting, stating: “Congratulations, vamos a ganar [we’re going to win]."

Bin Hammam, who does not speak Spanish, asked US executive committee member Chuck Blazer to translate the note to him.

“It is more likely the note referred to the subject that the previous conversation had been about,” said Blazer. “That discussion had been about the ethics committee and the fact that nobody had provided any hard evidence [of collusion].

“I don’t think it was the time or place. I think Mohamed was slightly embarrassed. It’s the type of thing that shouldn’t have happened but nothing more than that.”

FIFA’s ethics committee is set to announce its verdict on the collusion allegations on November 17.

Sport Business
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #2431
Bezzi
Registered User
 
Bezzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Posts: 4,010
Likes (Received): 995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Not quadrupled but it did grow a lot, for example many new projects such as the Pearl Qatar, Lusail city, Education city, and many other communities and projects.



If by metro you mean Railways the map is below.
if you meant the nations master plan, then we might need to wait until the first quarter of 2011.

I think the municipality of Sao Paulo is bigger than the entire Qatar. With this size, it seems easy to have all venues connected.
Bezzi no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:31 AM   #2432
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Note hints at Iberian and Qatari bids acquittal

A note by the head of the Spain/Portugal joint bid for the 2018 FIFA World Cup suggests there will be no punishment to his, and Qatar’s 2022 World Cup candidacy for alleged collusion.

According to the Press Association, Angel Maria Villar Llona wrote a note to Qatari Mohamed Bin Hammam during last month’s FIFA executive committee meeting, stating: “Congratulations, vamos a ganar [we’re going to win]."

Bin Hammam, who does not speak Spanish, asked US executive committee member Chuck Blazer to translate the note to him.

“It is more likely the note referred to the subject that the previous conversation had been about,” said Blazer. “That discussion had been about the ethics committee and the fact that nobody had provided any hard evidence [of collusion].

“I don’t think it was the time or place. I think Mohamed was slightly embarrassed. It’s the type of thing that shouldn’t have happened but nothing more than that.”

FIFA’s ethics committee is set to announce its verdict on the collusion allegations on November 17.

Sport Business
What this proves is-
Qatar and the Iberian bid were being investigated for collusion

Very dodgy stuff.Terrible that the FIFA World Cup is being devalued like this
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #2433
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
What this proves is-
Qatar and the Iberian bid were being investigated for collusion

Very dodgy stuff.Terrible that the FIFA World Cup is being devalued like this
I think it was clear enough that Qatar and the Iberian bid were investigated (nothing new).

AFC chief clears the air on World Cup collusion fears

DOHA: Mohamed bin Hammam , President of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), yesterday said news reports of Qatar colluding with Spain in the World Cup race lacked substance.

Hammam, a member of the FIFA Executive Committee, was reacting to a report on the BBC website which said Spain and Qatar had been warned over a note that was passed between them at a recent FIFA meeting.

“In the last FIFA Executive Committee meeting, I made an intervention which was liked by Mr Angel Maria Villar Llona, who then sent me a message of congratulations,” Hammam explained on his website yesterday.

“He (Llona) added, we won. He meant against the Qatar-Spain collusion rumours. He passed the message to me through a colleague and I passed it to another colleague for translation as it was written in Spanish,” the AFC chief explained on his web posting.

“I never gave that message a damn care or interest until today, when I read the same message in the newspaper as a new scandal added to the corrupted collusion rumour between Qatar and Spain. Today, I am not anymore worried about my country losing its bid for 2022 because as such, for a footballer with sportsmanship, losing a match is obviously part of the game.

“My real worry is what will happen if Qatar legitimately won the bid of 2022? Because it looks to me that in order to prove to some that there is no corrupted collusion between Qatar and Spain, it is necessary for them to lose the bid..!!,” Hammam noted. “Is that a smart or smear campaign against Qatar and Spain?”

A report on the BBC website quoted FIFA Executive Member Chuck Blazer as saying: “I don’t think it was the time or place. It shouldn’t have happened but nothing more than that.”

According to the BBC report, the note said “We’re going to win”.

Blazer, who saw the note at the meeting on October 29 in Zurich, added: “It is more likely that it referred to the ethics committee and the fact that nobody had provided any hard evidence of collusion.”

The World Cup race to host the 2018 and 2022 editions will end on December 2 when the hosts will be officially announced in Zurich, Switzerland. Qatar is bidding for the 2022 World Cup whereas Spain is in the race for the 2018 event.

The Peninsula Qatar
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #2434
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

I know mate,it just formalised it.
Interesting to see the leaks coming out as the Americans scramble to get back in the race

Still a lot of stuff that will happen in this battle,especially the next week
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #2435
waqif
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 200
Likes (Received): 0

Surging support for Qatar threatens U.S. bid

The United States’ bid to host the 2022 World Cup has come under fresh threat thanks to a surprising surge of support for rival bidder Qatar.


U.S. Soccer had been feeling pretty good about its prospects for the Dec. 2 decision, but has been rocked by the recent revival of a Qatar bid that is still under investigation for alleged collusion but continues to gain backing within the 24-member FIFA Executive Committee nonetheless.

A FIFA source told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday that it is widely expected that Qatar will escape any sanction when the FIFA Ethics Committee reveals the findings of its investigation on Nov. 17.

“The word is that there will be nothing of significance, and no punishment,” said the source. “And, amazing as it would have seemed a few weeks ago, they are starting to look like favorites.”

Collusion or not, it is no secret that Qatar enjoys strong backing from a voting axis that consists of members from Asia and South America and may control as many as seven of the 24 votes up for grabs.

A victory for Qatar would be a monumental triumph of public relations – and a huge lost opportunity for USA. Since the early stages of the process, the Americans have felt this was their World Cup to lose, with Australia initially seen as the only legitimate threat.


more ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?...notebook111110
waqif no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #2436
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
Surging support for Qatar threatens U.S. bid

The United States’ bid to host the 2022 World Cup has come under fresh threat thanks to a surprising surge of support for rival bidder Qatar.


U.S. Soccer had been feeling pretty good about its prospects for the Dec. 2 decision, but has been rocked by the recent revival of a Qatar bid that is still under investigation for alleged collusion but continues to gain backing within the 24-member FIFA Executive Committee nonetheless.

A FIFA source told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday that it is widely expected that Qatar will escape any sanction when the FIFA Ethics Committee reveals the findings of its investigation on Nov. 17.

“The word is that there will be nothing of significance, and no punishment,” said the source. “And, amazing as it would have seemed a few weeks ago, they are starting to look like favorites.”

Collusion or not, it is no secret that Qatar enjoys strong backing from a voting axis that consists of members from Asia and South America and may control as many as seven of the 24 votes up for grabs.

A victory for Qatar would be a monumental triumph of public relations – and a huge lost opportunity for USA. Since the early stages of the process, the Americans have felt this was their World Cup to lose, with Australia initially seen as the only legitimate threat.


more ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?...notebook111110
Yes nothing like a garbage US article mixed with $43 billion dollars to rig the votes.


Last edited by MysteryMike; November 13th, 2010 at 06:00 AM.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #2437
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

more and more media is getting on Qatar to win 2022

reports are leaking that it appears Qatar/Spain will get off scott free, with growing speculation that the Nigerian and Tahitian exco delegate will be given the chop.

not sure if its pure speculation, or journos are getting word on the likely direction of voters, but it seems they have the momentum now
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #2438
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Qatar-...75314602482565
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 02:35 AM   #2439
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

I love this piece

What a joke of an article. I mean when you actually write an article at least pretend that you aren't paid off by the nation that wants you to write it, i.e Qatar in this case.Qatar could only ever win this bid by paying off nations and rigging votes through the FIFA executive member Bin Hammam. They are the ultimate disgrace to international football, stealing footballers from less financially able places like Africa, forcing these players to then change nationality and play for Qatar and still failing to qualify for a world cup. Qatar sits a lowly 112 in the world on FIFA rankings. Australia is ranked number 20 on the planet, almost a 100 places ahead of Qatar, they are also ranked ahead of the US, South Korea and Japan, who have all hosted world cups previously.

I also love it how Qatar promotes this an as Arab world cup, because for the 2010 edition Egypt had the chance to host the first Arab world cup and Qatar did not vote for them. They left the vote with a big fat zero next to their names, that defeat stings the Egyptian people even today. The Arab world does not support Qatar and it's hypocracy in bribing rich FIFA executives to the tune of $43 billion plus $50 billion more in the future. This money is an ultimate waste in a region that needs all the help it can get. Look at nations such as Yemen, Jordan etc why is Qatar not assisting it's so called Arab people? That's right they are not worthy of Qatar's money but the rich FIFA executives are because that's the only way Qatar could ever host a world cup. So then countries such as Yemen see this and it angers them a lot and rightfully so, so then the security at the world cup in Qatar becomes a major issue, even more so if the US or Israel qualify for the 2022
edition. Further to this, none of these stadiums will be of any use to anyone post world cup, no matter what is said, you cannot lift entire stadiums from one nation to another. The white elephants will roam the Qatar landscape and all that money could have been put to much better use as stated above. The Qatar legacy is another bribe to the international community, a fallacy that exists in the minds of Qatar's king who will do whatever to steal the world cup hosting rights from a nation that actually deserves to host it. The technologies for combating heat also remain unproven, Qatar's stadiums are not built and they only are visible in the realms of graphic design videos and images. You can air condition the stadiums maybe, but you cannot air condition the whole nation.

The nation has a 4:1 male-female ratio and this is further skewed during June and July i.e when the world cup is to be hosted due to the intense heat, This is because even Qataris flee Qatar during this time if they can. The ratio gets skewed because if a man doesn't have enough vacation days saved up, then it's just the women and children who go and escape the torrid conditions. At least it will clear some of the traffic issues in Qatar, which is another thing that the FIFA technical
team alluded to, that Qatar could not host a world cup with it's infrastructure. It can hardly deal with it's current population, how can it deal with possibly doubling it? This is all on top of a lack of tourism venues, extremely strict alcohol laws (which I'm sure FIFA sponsors will love), strict religious laws such as ending up in jail for kissing in public and more. I hope that helps you to understand the true picture of Qatar, something which money cannot buy.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...-bids-for-2022

Last edited by Mo Rush; November 16th, 2010 at 10:54 PM.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 14th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #2440
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

It is one of the most deluded articles I've read

You can't air condition the whole country
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu