daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2010, 05:08 AM   #241
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 5083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
An article from the Official website (http://www.qatar2022bid.com/lognew/?post=27)

EXPECT AMAZING STADIUMS!

The bid unveiled five carbon-neutral, air-conditioned stadia in Dubai yesterday. The five stadiums were revealed alongside a showcase stadium, which will be completed in July. We’re creating the showcase stadium to demonstrate the technology we’ll use to keep our stadiums, all of which are outdoors, at a cool and constant 27 degrees Celsius during the FIFA World Cup™.

The five stadia – Al-Khor, Al-Wakrah, Al-Shamal, Al-Rayyan, Al-Gharafa – were unveiled on the sidelines of SportAccord, an annual conference held this year in Dubai that offers the global sports community an opportunity to meet, network and further the cause of international sports.

Each of the five stadiums will harness the power of the suns rays to provide a cool environment for players and fans by converting solar energy into electricity that will then be used to cool both fans and players at the stadiums. When games are not taking place, the solar installations at the stadia will export energy onto the power grid. During matches, the stadia will draw energy from the grid. This is the basis for the stadiums’ carbon-neutrality.

Along with the stadiums themselves, the cooling technology will be used in fan zones and practice pitches, ensuring that fans will be comfortable throughout their time at FIFA World Cup™.

Another innovation we’ve developed is the creation of modular stadiums. The upper tier of each of the five stadiums will be removed after Qatar hosts the FIFA World Cup™. They will then be donated to developing countries that lack sports infrastructure. During the FIFA World Cup™, each stadium will be able to accommodate between 40,000 and 50,000 fans. When the tournament ends, the lower tiers of the stadia will remain in Qatar, able to accommodate between 20,000 and 25,000 fans, suitable for local football, while the upper tiers will be sent to developing nations.

We see sending the stadiums to developing nations as an integral part of our bid, as doing so will allow for the further development of football on the global stage. Along with the stadiums, we plan to make the cooling technologies we’ve developed available to other countries in hot climates, so that they too can host major sporting events.

Finally, we’ll be able to adapt the technologies we’re pioneering now for other uses. Many activities that were previously considered off-limits in the summer months, such as outdoor football training, will be feasible.

We’ll be taking a closer look at the engineering of our revolutionary cooling system in the coming days. For now, let’s take a look at each of the individual stadiums!

AL-KHOR

image hosted on flickr

• Al-Khor is a brand new stadium that will be built in the city of Al-Khor, 50 kilometers north of Doha.

• The stadium takes its design cues from the seashell.

• During the FIFA World Cup™ the stadium will hold 45,330 fans. A permanent lower tier will have 25,500 seats while a modular upper tier will have 19,830 seats.

image hosted on flickr

• All seats will be covered, and some will have stunning views of the Arabian Sea.

• Fans will be able to arrive by water taxi, train and car.

AL-WAKRAH

image hosted on flickr

• Al-Wakrah is a brand new stadium that will be built in Al-Wakrah, a city 20 kilometers south of Doha.

• The stadium and surrounding sports complex are designed to represent an oasis. The sporting complex will include an aquatic center and other sporting facilities, along with a spa and retail space.

image hosted on flickr

• During the FIFA World Cup™ the stadium will hold 45,120 fans. A permanent lower tier will have 25,500 seats while a modular upper tier will have 19,620 seats.

• Fans will be able to arrive by train or by using the new Doha Expressway.

AL-SHAMAL

image hosted on flickr

• Al-Shamal is a brand new stadium that will be built in western Qatar.

• The stadium takes its design cues from the dhow, the traditional fishing vessel in the Arabian Gulf.

• During the FIFA World Cup™ the stadium will hold 45,330 fans. A permanent lower tier will have 25,500 seats while a modular upper tier will have 19,830 seats.

image hosted on flickr

• Fans will be able to arrive by water taxi, train and car. It will be easily accessible from the Qatar-Bahrain Friendship Bridge, and we expect that at least 10% of fans will arrive from Bahrain.

Al-Rayyan

image hosted on flickr

• Al-Rayyan is an existing stadium in a Doha suburb that will be expanded for the FIFA World Cup™.

• The stadium includes a “media façade” with the capacity to project other football matches, news and advertisements onto the outside of the stadium.

image hosted on flickr

Al-Gharafa

image hosted on flickr

• Al-Gharafa is an existing stadium in a suburb of Doha that will be expanded for the FIFA World Cup™.

• The façade will be made up of the colours of the teams playing in the 2022 FIFA World Cup™, representing the values of the global football community.

image hosted on flickr

• During the FIFA World Cup™ the stadium will hold 44,740 fans. The existing lower tier has 21,175 seats while a modular upper tier will have 23,565 seats. Roofing elements will be added so that all seats are covered.

• Fans will be able to arrive by train and car.

As you can tell, all of the stadiums will be accessible via the rail network Qatar is currently constructing. The compactness of Qatar will be used to the advantage of fans and players, as every stadium is 1 hour or less from all other stadiums. Fans will be able to see more matches and players will have more time to focus on the game.

And we aren’t done yet! Remember we still have seven more stadiums to reveal, along with many other surprises.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE ARABIAN GULF MY FRIEND, IT IS THE PERSIAN GULF, HAS BEEN SINCE HISTORY, CURRENTLY IS AND WILL ALLWAYS BE!!!!! PERSIAN GULF FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:45 AM   #242
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 255

Leaving politics aside for a minute, I would have thought that having a bunch of 40,000-50,000 seaters and one 80,000+ seater for the final might be okay. However, they are really going full force on the bid. I can't blame them, really?

But let's remember that Blatter is one person. There is a committee of people that vote on this and each of their votes matter. Qatar is one of several members of AFC bidding. That alone is problematic. If there less bidders than they might have a decent shot. Right now, no. Australia or South Korea would move to the next round. Depending on who advances it might go like this...

Qatar - Australia....Australia
South Korea - Australia....Australia
Qatar - South Korea....Qatar

Australia - US....Australia
Qatar - US....US (close vote)
South Korea - US....US

For Qatar to have any chance they'll have to successfully lobby three confederations outside AFC. CONCACAF, I'm sure, won't vote for them. UEFA may come to their side in order to thwart the US bid. So that leaves CAF and Conmebol, along with OFC, who would go with Qatar if Australia doesn't advance.

From where I stand, Qatar needs Australia to be bumped off, so that they go head-to-head vs US. Under that scenario, then things get really interesting.
Old May 4th, 2010, 06:52 AM   #243
islander87

Likes (Received): 0

what are they going to do with all the stadiums after the WC ?
islander87 no está en línea  
Old May 4th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #244
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 255

Possibilities after the WC:

- Permanent host of the Club World Cup, overtaking Japan and UAE
- Site of major international friendlies on an annual basis, like England-Brazil
- Neutral site for WCQ playoffs within AFC
- Infrastructure in place for when the World Cup can return to the Gulf. They'd just replace the modular sections and bring the capacity back up

Their small size, believe it or not, may work out to an advantage to them. Teams wouldn't have to travel long distances, like USA94. The Qataris would have to build up hotels and training facilities.

The real problems are desert heat, regional instability and shortage of water. All the matches would have to start at midnight, which would be convenient for European and North American households.
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #245
Snorky33

Likes (Received): 3

Awesome Qatar!...but it should be an entire UAE bid so it's all spread around, if so that'll get FIFA's attention.
Snorky33 no está en línea  
Old May 4th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #246
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game Is Up View Post
Possibilities after the WC:

The real problems are desert heat, regional instability and shortage of water. All the matches would have to start at midnight, which would be convenient for European and North American households.
weather isnt problem and qataris done of this point in their bid file and they learned so much from their experince during (Olympic Games 2016 bid) and the event if will be between may-june which the weather is 32°C Max |25°C Low and as we know the stadiums will be air conditioned.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #247
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
BTW how come everyone is sure Poland and Ukraine bribed Fifa ??? is it official ???
Don't listen to him. He's deluded little kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
no, they bribed UEFA, not FIFA, of course... they could not get Euro, their infrastructure was catastrophic... roads = zero points, hotels = zero points, sport leagues were and are full of mobsters and fixed matches... Italy was better then Pol/Ukr, but they were also bad... and Croatia and Hungary, best in first round of voting, best offer, best road connections, touristic countries, successful in football (HUN was, CRO is) got ZERO votes... Italy, current world champion got FOUR, and POL UKR, which should have been thrown away in first round of voting, was awarded with Euro... so yes, they bribed UEFA
Stop embarrassing yourself.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #248
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferious View Post
well organized? 2006 asian games when it started to rain during the opening ceremony and they had no plan and mass chaos erupted. thats why qatar lost bid for 2016
No it wasnt choas at all! I was there in the openeing ceremony. Extremely well-organized and rivaled even the Olympic Opening ceremony. The ceremony went excellent with all acts except 1 (which requires acrobatic flying or something like that) happeneing.
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #249
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
No it wasnt choas at all! I was there in the openeing ceremony. Extremely well-organized and rivaled even the Olympic Opening ceremony. The ceremony went excellent with all acts except 1 (which requires acrobatic flying or something like that) happeneing.
The flying acrobatics were cancelled due to wind conditions, not the rain.

@ SoroushPersepolisi, from our side its the Arabian gulf. second i got it from the official website not my own typing. third, keep politics away from SSC.\

@ The Game is up, Heat is not an issue since all stadiums, training grounds, accomodation, public transport (bus, rail) are air conditioned. I really laughed at the regional stability and lack of water part, Qatar is a really safe country and water is available due to desalination plants and bottled ground water.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #250
SoroushPersepolisi

Likes (Received): 5083

Quote:
The flying acrobatics were cancelled due to wind conditions, not the rain.

@ SoroushPersepolisi, from our side its the Arabian gulf. second i got it from the official website not my own typing. third, keep politics away from SSC.\

@ The Game is up, Heat is not an issue since all stadiums, training grounds, accomodation, public transport (bus, rail) are air conditioned. I really laughed at the regional stability and lack of water part, Qatar is a really safe country and water is available due to desalination plants and bottled ground water.
The Whole thing is called Persian Gulf, with all respects. "Arab side", thats just an excuse.
And the website is ran by arabs (probably), so im not blaming u im just mentioning what it really is.
SoroushPersepolisi no está en línea  
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #251
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Don't listen to him. He's deluded little kid.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

always same man saying against me...

what do you have against me? do you have to spit on everything I say? do you have to act like chief/sheriff on this awesome forum? it is not yours, and let people express their thoughts (always saying "Stop embarrassing yourself" - can you say something else? and, beside, you are embarrassing yourself as acting God and Chief and IDK what else )...

Please, moderator, ban this guy. Thanks.
Livno80101 no está en línea  
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #252
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

Mr SoroushPersepolisi if the name is going to make you happy then its what u are saying

My friends:
Qatar Son 333
Halawala
qatarson
amrja
and QatPhils
please i hope you ONLY answer the questions that would benefit the people, and PLEASE ignore any question is a duplicate or invalid or provocative.
Do not respond to any stupid questions or wealth less, jest ignore

I hope that nobody understand my message wrongly or sensitivity ( I DONT MEAN ANYONE )

Thanks for all the names that i list
love-qatar no está en línea  
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #253
icemandesign

Quote:
no, they bribed UEFA, not FIFA, of course... they could not get Euro, their infrastructure was catastrophic... roads = zero points, hotels = zero points, sport leagues were and are full of mobsters and fixed matches... Italy was better then Pol/Ukr, but they were also bad... and Croatia and Hungary, best in first round of voting, best offer, best road connections, touristic countries, successful in football (HUN was, CRO is) got ZERO votes... Italy, current world champion got FOUR, and POL UKR, which should have been thrown away in first round of voting, was awarded with Euro... so yes, they bribed UEFA
This is true!
In fact, the EURO 2012 was almost given to some other country because Ukraine and Poland were in huge problems with target date about construction of new stadiums...

This is quite nice proposed projects in Qatar...and Qatar has experience with MotoGP, and as I red, you want a Formula 1 race...so you know how to do some projects and quite big events....
And who else is in the race for that World Cup?
icemandesign no está en línea  
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:49 AM   #254
paku
polished and finnished

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Lol, what a whiny sore loser.
Old May 6th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #255
qatarson
BANNED

The global financial crisis will be a major cause in determining the host country for the world cup, After Japan's withdrawal from 2018 bid and foucs on 2022 bid only seems that the crisis will affect other countries we start hear about bad financial situation in Portugal, Australia and USA, Portugal is one of the bidding countries may face bankruptcy, such as Greece, but the worst possible happen if Japan went bankrupt.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/290419
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #256
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

if that does happen that will mess up alot of things, besides giving way for Australia, Qatar, South K.

EDIT: Just remembered Indonesia cancelled its bid for 2022.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; May 6th, 2010 at 01:21 PM.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #257
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
if that does happen that will mess up alot of things, besides giving way for Australia, Qatar, South K and Indonesia.
brother Mexico withdrew last September citing a lack of funding, while Indonesia‘s bid to host the 2022 tournament was rejected in March, with FIFA stating that required documents and guarantees had not been received.

Australian is waiting funding guarantees from their prime minister.
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #258
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
The global financial crisis will be a major cause in determining the host country for the world cup, After Japan's withdrawal from 2018 bid and foucs on 2022 bid only seems that the crisis will affect other countries we start hear about bad financial situation in Portugal, Australia and USA, Portugal is one of the bidding countries may face bankruptcy, such as Greece, but the worst possible happen if Japan went bankrupt.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/290419
Financial problem in Australia. We we're one of the only G20 countries to not to go into recession! What a joke...
Solopop no está en línea  
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #259
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
Financial problem in Australia. We we're one of the only G20 countries to not to go into recession! What a joke...
well it is not joke it is your prime minster speech unless is he some times do some jokes lol , more taxs coming to face the country it is problems.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE64505X20100506

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ining-tax.html

http://australia.to/2010/index.php?o...ses&Itemid=161

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...EHeadlinesAsia
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #260
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Did you read the ******* artical!?

He is taxing mining companies so small buisness and many other groups will benefit! How does that work out to a financial crisis anyway? >.<
Solopop no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022