daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #281
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Indeed ! Especially when we're talking about around 1 million visitors in a City of 400,000 inhabitants !

IMO it would be a huge bloody mess !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 8th, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #282
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

You see why alcohol is bad... and Doha is not 400,000, its much higher than that, and by 2022 it would be 1 million.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; May 8th, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #283
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

Likes (Received): 0

Its not just alcohol, some idiots would fight no matter what. This is something that could happen: www.dailymotion.com/video/x43xfm_english-hooligans-in-germany-world_sport
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #284
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

well there wouldn't be many chances for these here, since the scorching heat will prevent that (its 45 Celsius now, thank god for air conditioning), i mean most probably every country would be accommodated in separated sections to avoid conflict. and as i said there will be certain areas for drinking alcoholic drinks, out of them would be strictly prohibited.
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #285
Skizofre3e
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

congratulations Brothers
Skizofre3e no está en línea  
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #286
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
You see why alcohol is bad... and Doha is not 400,000, its much higher than that, and by 2022 it would be 1 million.
2010 census under implementation but last census was over 1.7 million.

the 4 cities will host the world cup

1- Doha (capital of qatar) 1.2 million ( between 6-12 Stadiums + one sport city)
2- wakrah ( south of qatar) 400,000 (2 Stadiums + one sport city)
3- al-khor (east coast) 200,000 ( 2 Stadiums)
4- Al-shmal (north of qatar) 25,000 (15 minutes from bahrain 1 million population) ( 2 Stadiums)

there other cities and towns but they not host any events such as.

- Dukhan 25,000
- um saeed 30000

and of course we talk about event after 12 years so these numbers will be part of history of growing nation.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #287
RobH

Likes (Received): 10338

Quote:
1- Doha (capital of qatar) 1.2 million ( between 6-12 Stadiums + one sport city)
And yet some people criticise London for putting forward three stadium options to FIFA in the England 2018 thread!
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #288
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
And yet some people criticise London for putting forward three stadium options to FIFA in the England 2018 thread!
Well Doha technically swallowed up the towns the are around it and soon it will also swallow (merge) with Wakra which is very close. its ok =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
4- Al-shmal (north of qatar) 25,000 (15 minutes from bahrain 1 million population) ( 2 Stadiums)
Don't forget that Al-Shamal city will get one sport city aswell.
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #289
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
these numbers for large stadiums (25000-100000) in those cities but the stadiums will host the event 3 in Doha, 1 in wakrah, 1 in al-khor, 1 in al-shmal.

I have strong feeling that england will host 2018 and Qatar 2022

Quote:
Well Doha technically swallowed up the towns the are around it and soon it will also swallow (merge) with Wakra which is very close. its ok =P

Don't forget that Al-Shamal city will get one sport city aswell.
thanks brother for the update
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #290
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Quote:
I have strong feeling [...] and Qatar 2022
How could, a 4 million inhabitants country (let's be crazy), host 1 to 1,5 million visitors (especially with so many restrictions....)..
IMHO, it's impossible !!!

And, anyway, let me have some doubts about FIFA allowing WC hosted in one single metro area !
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #291
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

you know there are advantages and disadvantages, for having such a low population and with an amazing government that offers water and electricity for free and a piece of land and an adjustable loan to build a house, the crime rate is one of the lowest in the world. We leave cars running in front of a shop to grab a quick cup of coffee, because its that safe.

Our new airport will be open by end of 2011, its designed to handle 90 million passengers a year. Qatar railways a national network of rail and light rail is soon to start construction. Infrastructure works are being done all the time new bridges, tunnels and highways are being opened day by day.

We don't have a lot of restrictions, we are way better for example Saudi Arabia. Women don't have to wear the hijab and they are allowed to drive and walk alone, even us as locals we are slowly getting used to changes like these.

And as i said it will not be counted as the same area, Qatar is a small country so places will seem to be very close to each other but that can't be changed because the country is small. And they will all be of Fifa standards and higher with all of them linked to the metro network, being less than an hour away from each other and accommodation areas is another advantage.
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #292
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
How could, a 4 million inhabitants country (let's be crazy), host 1 to 1,5 million visitors (especially with so many restrictions....)..
IMHO, it's impossible !!!

And, anyway, let me have some doubts about FIFA allowing WC hosted in one single metro area !
host 1 to 1,5 million visitors ! Doha or even any smaller city in area used on larger than these numbers Doha , Dubai , Abu Duhabi , Makkah , Jeedah all these cities used on millions of visitors even in one place because these cities have a strong structure.
Old May 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #293
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Quote:
Doha or even any smaller city in area used on larger than these numbers
Yes, but I meant simultaneously.. And.. there, it's about football fans....
Old May 9th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #294
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Yes, but I meant simultaneously.. And.. there, it's about football fans....
did you completely ignore my post
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #295
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

No, I didn't ! I even read it !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 9th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #296
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

BUT: since you apparently want some answers to your posts....

Quote:
there are advantages and disadvantages, for having such a low population and with an amazing government that offers water and electricity for free and a piece of land and an adjustable loan to build a house, the crime rate is one of the lowest in the world. We leave cars running in front of a shop to grab a quick cup of coffee, because its that safe.
I'd say......welcome in Monaco ! (or even, even in its bordering country......lets try to apply your "welfare-state" to 65 million people=Welcome in France !!!!)

Quote:
We don't have a lot of restrictions, we are way better for example Saudi Arabia. Women don't have to wear the hijab and they are allowed to drive and walk alone, even us as locals we are slowly getting used to changes like these.
In the Kingdom of France, women are allowed..........to do anything (except hide their faces) !!

Quote:
Our new airport will be open by end of 2011, its designed to handle 90 million passengers a year. Qatar railways a national network of rail and light rail is soon to start construction. Infrastructure works are being done all the time new bridges, tunnels and highways are being opened day by day.
Good for you..but I hope you'll buy Alstom trains .... and choose Vinci for the rail/highway routes constructions !

Quote:
And as i said it will not be counted as the same area, Qatar is a small country so places will seem to be very close to each other but that can't be changed because the country is small.
Exactly...... So what's the real purpose of your bid, except reaching an international recognition ????

Quote:
And they will all be of Fifa standards and higher with all of them linked to the metro network, being less than an hour away from each other and accommodation areas is another advantage.
IMHO: NO, It's not ! (see the previous posts)
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #297
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
I'd say......welcome in Monaco ! (or even, even in its bordering country......lets try to apply your "welfare-state" to 65 million people=Welcome in France !!!!)
Haha, France (europe in general) is not that safe.

Quote:
In the Kingdom of France, women are allowed..........to do anything (except hide their faces) !!
Here is a big so, SOOOOOOOOOOOO ?, so what ? here women are allowed to drive? they are allowed to do what ever they want. including important posts like ministers, so ? i don't see your argument is valid ? this is not Saudi Arabia.

Quote:
Good for you..but I hope you'll buy Alstom trains .... and choose Vinci for the rail/highway routes construction !
Well our officials chose a German Company, Germany is one of the best when it comes to Transportation networks and such.

Quote:
Exactly...... So what's the real purpose of your bid, except reaching an international recognition ????
So you mean that a small country shouldn't get the world cup because of its size ? what if it had the capabilities of hosting ? Belgium has the EU HQ and its SMALL, Qatar will be the host of the HQ for the Gas producing countries (similar to OPEC but for gas), oh and yes we are small.

Quote:
IMHO: NO, It's not ! (see the previous posts)
LOL Yes it is, its good for the fans !! no need for long travel between cities, no need for large numbers of accommodation between cities. (See previous posts !!)
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #298
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

That is exactly his and mine point: You shouldn't host WC, at least not alone. Nobody is claiming that Europe is safer or whatever, but that it has a lot more experience with hosting big football competitions, and if football riots can happen during Germany WC 2006, what makes you sure that you could prevent them when you are going to host all fans in one city? Because stadiums are so close it wont be a problem hooligans to attack each other even if there is no game between their teams. There are high risk fan groups from, for exemple England, Germany, France, Russia, Croatia, Serbia (no offense to anyone), and if they decide to fight there is not much that your police can do to prevent that. Police usually finds out about these fights after they start. You yourself said that there is not much crime now, but you can expect a drastic increase in crime once the competition starts. The main reason why this doesn't happen in other countries that host WC is the distance between stadiums, and fan groups
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #299
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Just because I like to share opinions with people who will never agree with me :
Quote:
Haha, France (europe in general) is not that safe.
You forgot Monaco, again !
More seriously, you can't compare a 65 million country (France) with a 1,6 million one (Quatar) !

Quote:
Here is a big so, SOOOOOOOOOOOO ?, so what ? here women are allowed to drive? they are allowed to do what ever they want. including important posts like ministers, so ? i don't see your argument is valid ? this is not Saudi Arabia.
So what ???
Let me explain... humm...... When you write that women are "allowed to drive": It seems to be like it was a "PRIVILEGE"........ (and you've mentioned this point several times)........

Quote:
Well our officials chose a German Company, Germany is one of the best when it comes to Transportation networks and such.
So is France ! (beware, 'cause we are touchy about our trains/aircrafts/transportations ) :

2007, latest world speed record (the third one, and still unbeaten) of the TGV-Alstom: (574.8kph)

Quote:
So you mean that a small country shouldn't get the world cup because of its size ?
Indeed !

Quote:
what if it had the capabilities of hosting ?
Ask FIFA !

Quote:
Belgium has the EU HQ and its SMALL
What about Strasbourg, France ????? (anyway, I really don't see the connection with the FIFA WC)

Quote:
LOL Yes it is
NO IT ISN'T !!!!!

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 12th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #300
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizicki neradnik View Post
That is exactly his and mine point: You shouldn't host WC, at least not alone. Nobody is claiming that Europe is safer or whatever, but that it has a lot more experience with hosting big football competitions, and if football riots can happen during Germany WC 2006, what makes you sure that you could prevent them when you are going to host all fans in one city? Because stadiums are so close it wont be a problem hooligans to attack each other even if there is no game between their teams. There are high risk fan groups from, for exemple England, Germany, France, Russia, Croatia, Serbia (no offense to anyone), and if they decide to fight there is not much that your police can do to prevent that. Police usually finds out about these fights after they start. You yourself said that there is not much crime now, but you can expect a drastic increase in crime once the competition starts. The main reason why this doesn't happen in other countries that host WC is the distance between stadiums, and fan groups
Yes but there will be police (and the army for that matter) on the streets everywhere, like in the Asian games. and if thats not enough i don't think the neighboring countries would refuse to help in lending some of their forces, after all we are one gulf.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022