daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 10th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #301
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

Likes (Received): 0

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!! Like talking to a brick wall!! Sorry I just needed that. Any way, I still believe that Fifa has enough sense not to give you WC. They don't like: multiple stadiums in one city, stadiums without a funkcion after the competition, and yes even if you "give" them to some one afterwords. When I think about it, Fifa also doesn't like weak host nations could be wrong....

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #302
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizicki neradnik View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!!! Like talking to a brick wall!! Sorry I just needed that. Any way, I still believe that Fifa has enough sense not to give you WC. They don't like: multiple stadiums in one city, stadiums without a funkcion after the competition, and yes even if you "give" them to some one afterwords. When I think about it, Fifa also doesn't like weak host nations could be wrong....
We are not "weak" it is just that we don't need that much capacity everywhere anymore. We have "funkcion" (functions ) a league and 2 cups with a chance of adding another cup soon, and occasionally host the Gulf Cup.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #303
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizicki neradnik View Post
I still believe that Fifa has enough sense not to give you WC.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but if you saw Qatar file and at same time Qatar moves you will found that fifa already start courting Qatar include Mr Blatir & fifa members and the agreement between Qatar and England to support each other bid also dont forget Qatar strongest Allies France & Germany they supporting Qatar bid.

all countries requested to host world cup willing to earn money from the event unless one country Qatar because they have an unlimited budget to host the world cup.

we have strong feeling that Qatar is the first Arab country will host the world cup and we already getting the support from all middle east countries and 22 arabs countries, 52 islamic countries plus many fans from all world countries who share same feeling with fifa members to give this area chance for first time especially Qatar does not seek to profit and do not have a financial crisis like the other candidates, FIFA will be happy to reap all of this.

Last edited by qatarson; May 10th, 2010 at 03:10 PM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #304
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
2010 census under implementation but last census was over 1.7 million.

the 4 cities will host the world cup

1- Doha (capital of qatar) 1.2 million ( between 6-12 Stadiums + one sport city)
Cape Town 3.6 million between 18 and 36 stadia!
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #305
Mo Rush

As wonderful as Qatar is, there is more motivation for a World Cup in London.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #306
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

Nice one Mo Rush! I completely agree with you.
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #307
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
As wonderful as Qatar is, there is more motivation for a World Cup in London.
Exactly.

England's bid is being criticised by some as London has put forward 3 stadiums.

Yet a city with a sixth of London's population, in a country whose league averages far less than 10,000 spectators per match, is proposing to have between two and four times as many stadiums as London in its nation's bid!

Whichever way you argue this I'm finding it very hard to square the circle here.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #308
Mo Rush

Qatar is essentially one city. So join up with other countries to host.
One city simply can't host a World Cup. London would barely manage that, Qatar not at all.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:42 AM   #309
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Qatar is essentially one city. So join up with other countries to host.
One city simply can't host a World Cup. London would barely manage that, Qatar not at all.
Completely agree, this is what i've been trying to say in the past.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:58 AM   #310
Mo Rush

By trying to do the impossible with this World Cup bid we miss all the good work Doha has been doing hosting lots of sports events in various sports, and building the facilities for them.

A Doha Olympic bid is where the country's strength is. It scored very highly in the evaluation, and is building its sports experience day by day.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #311
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

So far we have several Fifa members out of the 24 that are going to vote for our bid.

Sepp Blatter (Switzerland)
Mohammed bin Hammam (Qatar)
Hany Abo Rida (Egypt)

But i am not sure About:

Michel Platini (France)
Franz Beckenbauer (Germany)
Senes Erzik (Turkey)

And Members sure to vote for their countries:

Chung Mong-Joon (South Korea)
Chuck Blazer (USA)
Junji Ogura (Japan)

Australia unfortunately doesn't have a member to bid for itself, that might or might not be a bad thing, but certainly we will see voters.
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #312
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
So far we have several Fifa members out of the 24 that are going to vote for our bid.

Sepp Blatter (Switzerland)
Mohammed bin Hammam (Qatar)
Hany Abo Rida (Egypt)

But i am not sure About:

Michel Platini (France)
Franz Beckenbauer (Germany)
Senes Erzik (Turkey)

And Members sure to vote for their countries:

Chung Mong-Joon (South Korea)
Chuck Blazer (USA)
Junji Ogura (Japan)

Australia unfortunately doesn't have a member to bid for itself, that might or might not be a bad thing, but certainly we will see voters.
How do you know Sepp Blatter will vote for Qatar? I hope you don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. You're deluded if you do.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #313
Mo Rush

Doha vs Australia ...uh.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #314
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
How do you know Sepp Blatter will vote for Qatar? I hope you don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. You're deluded if you do.
Besides which, Blatter doesn't vote unless there is a tie in the final round.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #315
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

Unfortunately I can not see the bid going to Qatar on this occassion. With the USA and Australia also in race, with their own cases for wanting the event, I see it going to either of them for the non-european event (either 2018 or 2022).

Qatar should continue to develop its infrastructure, including its metro system, then bid for the WC or Olympics. It is too risky to give hosting rights to cities/countries that still have so much to build, which could be an issue for Rio's 2016 games and has been a major issue for South Africa's WC. If it can be avoided, they will wait until it is ready, or along the path to completion, before granting rights. There are so many great plans for Qatar coming up though, so I am looking forward to that.

I am leaning towards the USA to win, but with FIFA, who would know.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #316
aus16

Likes (Received): 2

im not trying to be rude but it is honestly mad if qatar consider themselves likely to host the 2022 world cup, firstly, the entire country's population is 1.6 million, the population of greater sydney is 5 million (over 3 times bigger), melbourne has 4 million people. these are 2 cities in australia which have more than twice the general population of qatar.
Also, while qatar has announced stadiums very early, it is rediculous to think that most of their stadiums are under 50,000 seats.
In conclusion, im not being biased at all to australia's or any other country's bid, but with firstly qatars lack of population and secondly their tough foreign entry laws (would jewish people even be allowed in the country?) it seems that they have close to no chance in hosting the worlds largest event
aus16 no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #317
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus16 View Post
im not trying to be rude but it is honestly mad if qatar consider themselves likely to host the 2022 world cup, firstly, the entire country's population is 1.6 million, the population of greater sydney is 5 million (over 3 times bigger), melbourne has 4 million people. these are 2 cities in australia which have more than twice the general population of qatar.
Also, while qatar has announced stadiums very early, it is rediculous to think that most of their stadiums are under 50,000 seats.
In conclusion, im not being biased at all to australia's or any other country's bid, but with firstly qatars lack of population and secondly their tough foreign entry laws (would jewish people even be allowed in the country?) it seems that they have close to no chance in hosting the worlds largest event
Ok, first of all not allowing people into a country because of their religion ??? are you totally mad !! the toughest law is that if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, you will not be allowed to enter, thats the law we know of but we know that there are a lot of Israeli's in Qatari universities and i have never heard of a country banning people according to there religion until recently when the hamas guy was killed by the Israeli mossad in Dubai so UAE is not allowing any one in the country when there names could mean they are Jewish.

If you see the Arab/Muslim world as you stated above, then i am sorry have no right to speak of us, as you don't know anything about us.
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #318
Chimbanha

Likes (Received): 1965

Sepp Blatter would probably vote for Russia and Australia/United States.
Chimbanha no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #319
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Ok, first of all not allowing people into a country because of their religion ??? are you totally mad !! the toughest law is that if you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, you will not be allowed to enter, thats the law we know of but we know that there are a lot of Israeli's in Qatari universities and i have never heard of a country banning people according to there religion until recently when the hamas guy was killed by the Israeli mossad in Dubai so UAE is not allowing any one in the country when there names could mean they are Jewish.
Those 2 reasons above and the fact that you see nothing wrong in them should be reason enough not to give you the competition.... ever.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #320
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Those 2 reasons above and the fact that you see nothing wrong in them should be reason enough not to give you the competition.... ever.
What ? the religion thing aus 16 made up ? We are bidding for 2020 Olympics, The laws against Israel have been removed, we have had an Israeli tennis player come here and play, it went on so smoothly, we already have an Israeli trade office here and in 2020 they will come here.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022