daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #361
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

I think he's saying that they'll make money off their supply of LNG?

You may as well say "What would Australia do when it runs out of coal?"

Let me see, we can sell LNG, Oil, Uranium, Iron Ore etc. I don't believe Qatar's economy survives solely on LNG.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #362
Bezzi

Likes (Received): 995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Yes the Olympics is the world largest multi-sport event, and the Asian Games is the second largest Multi sports event which Doha hosted in 2006 and Doha is bidding for the 2020 Olympics.
How was the attendance during Asia Games? I know you have money to build 50 stadiums, but it has enough people to fill them?
Bezzi no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #363
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus16 View Post
omg qatar son 333 i do not give a damn about the entire UAE's power supply, i am not mentioning for a second about natural gas, i dont care how many years of natural gas qatar has left.

My question is this, how will qatar support its huge plans if the rest of the world stops buying oil (in the form of petroleum) from qatar when the supply runs out.

This time please dont crap on about 200 years of natural gas for qatar, this is not the right forum for this discussion.
OMG !! BECAUSE WE DON'T DEPEND ON OIL, IT IS MINIMAL IN QATAR, can't you understand a simple answer omg !

@Dimethyltryptamine, Well Qatar is "that small" so we are limited to Oil & Gas only.

@Bezzi, Money matters to some extent, and yes the Asian Games attendance was excellent, i will never forget my participation in the Torch relay that year.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #364
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

[QUOTE=aus16;56824901][QUOTE=Qatar Son 333;56822387]Again, the Oil stereotype. Qatar runs on Natural Gas, it has the worlds single largest gas field, and the 3rd largest reserves in the world. Other than the energy sector, which is its main revenue, Qatar is making huge investments in health, education and sports with an eye open on the future generations.
Besides, The gas reserves in Qatar will survive 200 years in the future. by then we would have all of Qatar running on solar power, which is slowly being introduced.
Quote:

im not questioning how qatar will have its energy supplied, im talking about the fact that the vast majority of the arabic nations wealth is BECAUSE they have large oil supplies, which supply the REST OF THE WORLD with oil, when they run out and noone visits they are in a deep problem, and i dont want an argument from qatar son 333 saying how qatar will have the worlds most tourists and all the other stuff that he is saying
Right Qatar is supply the world by natural gas & oil but they not depand on gas you will be shocked if I tould you about major brands in the world owned by Qatar which make Qatar goverment earn billions without oil & gas production and the only countries will be in problems when gas run out after 300 years is your country and other who depand on our production we have investments in major companies around the world we have alternative sources of energy include solar energy even you will be supprised if I tould you Qatar own a vast territory in Australia, Africa, South America and Middle East because Qatar believes that in the next 50 years will be the struggle for food and must have the farms through purchase it not through trickery or occupatione even their nation currently is 1.7 million.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #365
Bezzi

Quote:
@Bezzi, Money matters to some extent, and yes the Asian Games attendance was excellent, i will never forget my participation in the Torch relay that year.
Well, stadiums near each other should not be a problem for Qatar, since to host an multi-sport event like Asian and PANAM games, they need to be prepared for this. If Qatar can fill their stadiums during the World Cup (what I find very difficult) there would be no problems to Qatar to host the World Cup. But the legacy after the World Cup is taken into consideration by FIFA. Even reducing the capacity of the stadiums, they would still be a problem for Qatar, considering the entire population of a city would be fit entirely at the stadium. How would be the use of these stadiums after the World Cup? Football in Qatar is strong enough to attract the public in these small towns? What FIFA members will think about this? The vote in december should be very interesting.

By the way, the stadium projects are very interesting. I just think a waste of money that screen-shaped stadium.
Bezzi no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #366
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
I think he's saying that they'll make money off their supply of LNG?

You may as well say "What would Australia do when it runs out of coal?"

Let me see, we can sell LNG, Oil, Uranium, Iron Ore etc. I don't believe Qatar's economy survives solely on LNG.
well done guys I can say now Qatar will host the world cup 2022 finaly Dimethyltryptamine comparing Qatar with Australia in same raw
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #367
aus16

Likes (Received): 2

full stop. qatar WILL NOT host the world cup, im not saying australia will but it is rediculous to think a country with 1.6 million people can host the world largest event, but im sorry to the qataris on this thread who obviously are WAY too full of themselves to notice that even unlimited funds and relaxed alcohol laws will allow them to host the world cup.

FULL STOP. QATARS CHANCE OF HOSTING IS REDICULOUS.
aus16 no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #368
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzi View Post
How was the attendance during Asia Games? I know you have money to build 50 stadiums, but it has enough people to fill them?
Guys why are you repeating same point (small country, population, weather) well Qatar isnt too much smaller than belgium and netherlands and world cup or any other events can have fans from all world countries and if you want the Qatari's to fill the stadiums only our pleasure in our bid to Olympic games crown prince of Qatar said we are ready to host 100,000 youth to visit the olympic games and pay their Airlines tickets , hotel stays, transports and I think they will do same thing in world cup they will offer every thing free unless stadiums tickets because FIFA will sharing and who know maybe they will buy all the tickets and distribute it for free so all youth people from all world countries will have chance for first time to watch the worldcup in stadiums as others.

Last edited by qatarson; May 13th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #369
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus16 View Post
full stop. qatar WILL NOT host the world cup, im not saying australia will but it is rediculous to think a country with 1.6 million people can host the world largest event, but im sorry to the qataris on this thread who obviously are WAY too full of themselves to notice that even unlimited funds and relaxed alcohol laws will allow them to host the world cup.

FULL STOP. QATARS CHANCE OF HOSTING IS REDICULOUS.
Hey be polite as the Qataris or you will be banned.
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #370
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Guys why are you repeating same point (small country, population, weather) well Qatar isnt too much smaller than belgium and netherlands and world cup or any other events can have fans from all world countries and if you want the Qatari's to fill the stadiums only our pleasure in our bid to Olympic games crown prince of Qatar said we are ready to host 100,000 youth to visit the olympic games and pay their Airlines tickets , hotel stays, transports and I think they will do same thing in world cup they will offer every thing free unless stadiums tickets because FIFA will sharing and who know maybe they will buy all the tickets and distribute it for free so all youth people from all world countries will have chance for first time to watch the worldcup in stadiums as others.
You still don't get it?

A case of an intelligent person blinded by nationalism.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #371
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
You still don't get it?

A case of an intelligent person blinded by nationalism.
Im proud of my nationalism that true but i belive in our right to host world cup which you may not confiscated also as we didnt do to south africa and nobody talk about it is black file in human rights or the criminal records and security of the fans in country have guns everywhere and we belive that south Africa have right to host the event for first time and do it is best to show the world what they can do even there some negatives in their country.
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #372
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

That is right.

FIFA's Motto: For the Game. For the World.
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #373
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

huh? never mind.

I give up.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #374
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
huh? never mind.

I give up.
give up in 13 may better than give up in december well it is not my bid or Qatar son 333 or even Qatar as nation ! behind this bid 3 large nation Arab world, Islamic world and people in Middle East support Qatar and they hope to see the world cup for first time in this area.
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #375
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

If Doha and Qatar in general doesn't get both/either 2020 Olympics, 2022 World cup.

FIFA and the IOC will be declared as racist's, because Cairo and Doha had bid for the Olympics, both failed. Morocco and Egypt had bid for the World cup, they also failed.
So is this a message that the Arab/Muslim world would never get the World-wide Sport events ? we will see this in December and in the Doha 2020 Candidate bid.
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #376
Kuwaiti

Quote:
If Doha and Qatar in general doesn't get both/either 2020 Olympics, 2022 World cup.

FIFA and the IOC will be declared as racist's, because Cairo and Doha had bid for the Olympics, both failed. Morocco and Egypt had bid for the World cup, they also failed.
So is this a message that the Arab/Muslim world would never get the World-wide Sport events ? we will see this in December and in the Doha 2020 Candidate bid.
LOL I didn't see this. Excellent move, I bet you caught everyone by surprise after pulling out the race card.
Kuwaiti no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:31 PM   #377
Kuwaiti

Quote:
A bridge between Bahrain and Qatar in U/C and a bridge between Qatar and UAE is planned, but we don't need to rely on them, New Doha International Airport will open next year.
Yeah and Im sure one international airport is enough to cater for millions of World Cup tourists.

Dude, the bridges are needed, otherwise they wouldnt have used that argument in their very own promotional videos!

Quote:
As i said before, its going to be a compact, Family-oriented event, that sounds peaceful enough. (refer to my previous post)
That doesnt answer my question. You still need to have more than one major City. Look man I appreciate what Qatar is doing but the dream is getting closer to the wake-up call on December and then we'll realize that Qatar doesnt stand a chance.

Quote:
Well its the Rail system along with the Road network, bus transport etc
The Doha 2020 Olympic bid and Qatar 2022 World Cup bid is in complete alignment with the Qatar 2030 National Vision.
Not good enough. Sorry man but you wont win using an argument of 'road networks' when trying to promote your bid. "We have roads, dont worry". You need so many things, including:
1. A second international airport in the north.
2. A gigantic port in the north.
3. An inter-city rail network that encompasses all of Qatar.
4. Light and heavy rail networks within city limits.
5. Expand the 2030 road projects by 200%.

Quote:
and besides, the country has so much cash in their pockets they cant keep their hands away from it, so they throw it everywhere, such things as buying Harrods, Launching a new Qatari satellite named "Eshail", these are news from this week alone.
Id put that money on something that could build more reserves of money for future generations, instead of wasting it permanently.

Quote:
Again, read past posts, A new environmentally friendly and energy-efficient cooling systems will be implemented in all stadiums, training areas and fan zones. the technology is set to cool the hot desert temperature of 40 Celsius to around 27 Celsius which is convenient for the players and fans.
Yeah and if that fails by any chance, youll have the accident of the century taking place.

Let's face it. The weather is tripe. I want you to go out tomorrow and flood yourself with ice-cold water. Youll still feel like youre gonna collapse. Our climate is against us. The only thing we can host is a tournament at Winter. Otherwise all these other stuff are not feasible, they're just theories.
Kuwaiti no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #378
Bezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Yes, there will be fans from all over the world, but in all World Cups, the host country always has a much more significant in the purchase of tickets and this is fundamental to the financial viability of the tournament. and no one answered what will be done with the stadiums of 20,000 seats after the tournament. Fans around the world will come to Qatar to watch the national championship?
Bezzi no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #379
Zitterd02

Likes (Received): 1

This is a great example of middle east countries trying to buy theirselves into the 'west' by hosting large events and building things bigger than we do. I know you guys are perfectly capable of doing so, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't see the use in hosting the world championship if you do not have a decent football competition or a national squad that can win a match at all.. I'm sorry, but that's just rediculous. It's not that I have anything against the middle east (or muslims for that matter), but this is just an event that should be hosted by a country that is not as football-minded as for instance Europe or Latin America.
Zitterd02 no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #380
RobH

Likes (Received): 10337

Quote:

FIFA and the IOC will be declared as racist's.
Or it could be because the IOC preferred Tokyo, Madrid, Rome or Cape Town, and FIFA preferred the US or Australia. Just a thought, ya know.
RobH no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022