daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 13th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #381
Kuwaiti

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Or it could be because the IOC preferred Tokyo, Madrid, Rome or Cape Town, and FIFA preferred the US or Australia. Just a thought, ya know.
The race card trick always wins by the way.
Kuwaiti no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #382
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Logic will prevail. One city cannot host the World cup.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #383
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitterd02 View Post
This is a great example of middle east countries trying to buy theirselves into the 'west' by hosting large events and building things bigger than we do. I know you guys are perfectly capable of doing so, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I don't see the use in hosting the world championship if you do not have a decent football competition or a national squad that can win a match at all.. I'm sorry, but that's just rediculous. It's not that I have anything against the middle east (or muslims for that matter), but this is just an event that should be hosted by a country that is not as football-minded as for instance Europe or Latin America.
of course you cant see much arabic or islamic teams in world cup coz these countries fighting on few seats in Asia & Africa while europ take most seats also Australia shouldnt be in Asia or they should increase Asia seats to 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzi View Post
Yes, there will be fans from all over the world, but in all World Cups, the host country always has a much more significant in the purchase of tickets and this is fundamental to the financial viability of the tournament. and no one answered what will be done with the stadiums of 20,000 seats after the tournament. Fans around the world will come to Qatar to watch the national championship?
yes watch the emire cup next saturday 15/5 and dont be supprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Logic will prevail. One city cannot host the World cup.
Logic says you already surrendered in the previous post

Last edited by qatarson; May 13th, 2010 at 09:46 PM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #384
qatarson
BANNED

some people here didnt add any thing useful to our file and they are not supporters to Qatar file I wonder what they doing in this subject !!! all they doing put their personal view, personal rules or their opposition in subject dedicated to support the official file of Qatar bid which accepted by Fifa even supported by some of fifa members such as Mr Blater and Bin Hamam and we are as Qatar file supporters dont care about their personal views and not add any thing useful for our file.

Last edited by qatarson; May 13th, 2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #385
RobH

Likes (Received): 10314

Blatter has not said he is supporting Qatar's bid over any of the others.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #386
Mo Rush

I support Doha 110% as a World Cup host city. It IS world class, has major potential and would make a great host city with 1 or 2 venues. It already hosts every sports event under the sun, from, rugby to tennis to football AND is already one of the top 20 sports cities in the world. Great airport, major transport infrastructure underway, planned and existing. Tons of sports facilities and a rapidly growing accommodation inventory that can rival much larger cities including Rio.

But its just 1 city of 1.2 million.

Alongside other countries in the region it could host a World Cup.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #387
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Blatter has not said he is supporting Qatar's bid over any of the others.
well I will go with you and I say Blatter or Bin Hamam will not support Qatar file but does they rejected the file or asked any thing of these haters said well they should accept the fact that Qatar is a country of the competitors and has strong chance to win the hosting and we dont care about what these haters says.
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #388
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
I support Doha 110% as a World Cup host city. It IS world class, has major potential and would make a great host city with 1 or 2 venues. It already hosts every sports event under the sun, from, rugby to tennis to football AND is already one of the top 20 sports cities in the world. Great airport, major transport infrastructure underway, planned and existing. Tons of sports facilities and a rapidly growing accommodation inventory that can rival much larger cities including Rio.

But its just 1 city of 1.2 million.

Alongside other countries in the region it could host a World Cup.
you repeat yourself and we answered you many times Qatar isnt one city and there many cities Doha 1.2 Wakrah 400,000 Al-khor 200,000 and more ...

Also this is your personal view and there no condition such this Also Qatar file been accepted and Qatar will not withdraw it is file because some people talking about it is size or it is population or any thing such we are done of this and we are now have file there accepted this fact or not.
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #389
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 3

come on, stop this ridiculous discussion... country with cities of 1.2, 0.4 and 0.2 million people cant and wont host FIFA World Cup... it could host FIFA U20 or FIFA U17 WC, or basketball world cup, but football - no way
Livno80101 no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #390
Mo Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
you repeat yourself and we answered you many times Qatar isnt one city and there many cities Doha 1.2 Wakrah 400,000 Al-khor 200,000 and more ...

Also this is your personal view and there no condition such this Also Qatar file been accepted and Qatar will not withdraw it is file because some people talking about it is size or it is population or any thing such we are done of this and we are now have file there accepted this fact or not.
I repeat myself because you don't get it.

Doha
Wakrah
Al-Khor....

I count 1 city and two small cities. I'll be nice. That's 4 venues.

and then what?

a "city" of 20,000? 40,000?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #391
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
come on, stop this ridiculous discussion... country with cities of 1.2, 0.4 and 0.2 million people cant and wont host FIFA World Cup... it could host FIFA U20 or FIFA U17 WC, or basketball world cup, but football - no way
ops sorry man but Qatar file been accepted by fifa and what you said isnt new we already hosted these cup's include Asia Cup and Asian Games and after all these years now we are have offical bid for world cup 2022
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #392
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
I repeat myself because you don't get it.

Doha
Wakrah
Al-Khor....

I count 1 city and two small cities. I'll be nice. That's 4 venues.

and then what?

a "city" of 20,000? 40,000?
well raise objection to FIFA
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #393
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
ops sorry man but Qatar file been accepted by fifa and what you said isnt new we already hosted these cup's include Asia Cup and Asian Games and after all these years now we are have offical bid
I know about all those games hosted there, but I know that Asian Games are misery towards World Cup... I am glad you got AFC Cup 2011, but I also think you wont get 2022 World Cup
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:44 PM   #394
Mo Rush

London - 12 million - 2 venues
Sao Paulo - 12 million - 1 venue
Cape Town - 3.3 million - 1 venue
Durban - 3.5 million - 1 venue
Johannesburg - 5 million - 2 venues
Sydney - 5 million - 1/2 venues
Paris - 11 million - 2 venues
Rio - 6.5 million - 1 venue

wait for it....

Doha 1.2 million 6-8 venues
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #395
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
I know about all those games hosted there, but I know that Asian Games are misery towards World Cup... I am glad you got AFC Cup 2011, but I also think you wont get 2022 World Cup
well I respect your personal view but I think we will host it as we hosted the other
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #396
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 255

Umm...things are getting too emotional here. Look, I'll never say never because as long as FIFA deem a bid to be credible that is what is to be considered.

Here is what I think, just to reiterate the point I made days earlier: Does Qatar have a chance? Yes. How much of a chance? Depends. A lot would have to go their way before they're even in position for a final vote. There are countries which have much credible sporting pedigree bidding. That is what it is, not something totally different. So the competition is already fierce, even factoring out the European bids.

Politics at FIFA tell us that much can change from now to December. South Africa almost won 2006. Then the rules for bidding were changed to make it only for one continent. They changed that again for this bidding, more closer to the old rules. Here's the fact: Four members of AFC are bidding, while CONCACAF has one member bidding. If you go by that logic the Asian members would split votes while the lone CONCACAF member would have a good share, initially, although not enough to win first round. Qatar needs to jump over any other AFC nation before going to the next round.

Having said that Qatar's bid does seem interesting. It'd be basically a vacation spot for anyone going there, unlike the bigger countries where crowds would get lost in the vast landmass. Their big challenge is convincing the 24 voting members of FIFA that they can be depended upon to deliver on the proposals.

Good luck!
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #397
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
well I respect your personal view but I think we will host it as we hosted the other
OK... we'll see in December
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #398
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
London - 12 million - 2 venues
Sao Paulo - 12 million - 1 venue
Cape Town - 3.3 million - 1 venue
Durban - 3.5 million - 1 venue
Johannesburg - 5 million - 2 venues
Sydney - 5 million - 1/2 venues
Paris - 11 million - 2 venues
Rio - 6.5 million - 1 venue

wait for it....

Doha 1.2 million 6-8 venues
yeah befor few years who was can belive south africa will host world cup and it is happen and everyone is happy for them also there many dont belive that Qatar can host world cup but now have official bid and can host world cup.
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #399
Mo Rush

FIFA doesn't do a "shortlist. It just accepts the bid file and does a visit of the countries.

If FIFA did do a shortlist, a 3 city proposal would not make that shortlist.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #400
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game Is Up View Post
Umm...things are getting too emotional here. Look, I'll never say never because as long as FIFA deem a bid to be credible that is what is to be considered.

Here is what I think, just to reiterate the point I made days earlier: Does Qatar have a chance? Yes. How much of a chance? Depends. A lot would have to go their way before they're even in position for a final vote. There are countries which have much credible sporting pedigree bidding. That is what it is, not something totally different. So the competition is already fierce, even factoring out the European bids.

Politics at FIFA tell us that much can change from now to December. South Africa almost won 2006. Then the rules for bidding were changed to make it only for one continent. They changed that again for this bidding, more closer to the old rules. Here's the fact: Four members of AFC are bidding, while CONCACAF has one member bidding. If you go by that logic the Asian members would split votes while the lone CONCACAF member would have a good share, initially, although not enough to win first round. Qatar needs to jump over any other AFC nation before going to the next round.

Having said that Qatar's bid does seem interesting. It'd be basically a vacation spot for anyone going there, unlike the bigger countries where crowds would get lost in the vast landmass. Their big challenge is convincing the 24 voting members of FIFA that they can be depended upon to deliver on the proposals.

Good luck!
thanks, First for respecting our candidature and I agree with your post our challenge is convincing the 24 voting members that all what we need till december

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022