daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 13th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #401
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Or it could be because the IOC preferred Tokyo, Madrid, Rome or Cape Town, and FIFA preferred the US or Australia. Just a thought, ya know.
Lets talk more Olympicish, 5 cities can be shortlisted, its a regular thing, why did they shortlist 4 only ? and one of the 4 cities (RIO) scored 6.4 in the IOC score while Doha which was NOT shortlisted (although it was supposed to) scored 6.9 which is one point less to Chicago which scored 7.0 . Why not shortlisted ? i know we wouldnt have got it anyways, no city got it from the first time. conclusion and everyone in Doha knows this, Racism.

No a bit more Soccerish, (and this is in general not just RobH), your Population/city argument is not working, no, its not, we are not debating if Qatar can handle it or not, we are talking about how Qatar will get 2022, because the chances of Qatar are in the hands of 24 people with already 2 guaranteed too vote for Qatar. so leave the population/city problem FOR THE OFFICIALS and focus on how this compact family-oriented world cup will dazzle everyone, Expect Amazing.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #402
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
London - 12 million - 2 venues
Sao Paulo - 12 million - 1 venue
Cape Town - 3.3 million - 1 venue
Durban - 3.5 million - 1 venue
Johannesburg - 5 million - 2 venues
Sydney - 5 million - 1/2 venues
Paris - 11 million - 2 venues
Rio - 6.5 million - 1 venue

wait for it....

Doha 1.2 million 6-8 venues
Mo Rush, a few years ago no one thought an African country could host the world cup, let alone a country which still suffers the effects of apartheid and a history of a black human rights file, Morocco didn't get it, Egypt didn't either. but South Africa got it.

So why not Qatar ? sure its a first, everyone was shocked about SA as for robbery and such, and USA 1994 everyone was skeptical about it and look at them now.
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #403
RobH

Likes (Received): 10525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Lets talk more Olympicish, 5 cities can be shortlisted, its a regular thing, why did they shortlist 4 only ? and one of the 4 cities (RIO) scored 6.4 in the IOC score while Doha which was NOT shortlisted (although it was supposed to) scored 6.9 which is one point less to Chicago which scored 7.0 . Why not shortlisted ? i know we wouldnt have got it anyways, no city got it from the first time. conclusion and everyone in Doha knows this, Racism.
I was under the impression it was because Doha proposed an October Olympics. But thank you for correcting me.

Quote:
No a bit more Soccerish, (and this is in general not just RobH), your Population/city argument is not working, no, its not, we are not debating if Qatar can handle it or not, we are talking about how Qatar will get 2022, because the chances of Qatar are in the hands of 24 people with already 2 guaranteed too vote for Qatar.
If you don't want to debate it, fine, but that doesn't mean mine and others' arguments are not working. You compare Qatar's proposal to any past world cup or any of their competitors and there are huge questions about logistics and legacy. I'm sorry, but I haven't seen any posts here which even begin to answer these questions.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #404
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

Likes (Received): 0

You didn't just compare Qatar with USA? Do you honestly think that those cities cant build more stadiums? They don't what to because WC have to be spread around the country and please enough with South Africa. It is a large country and they still have a lot of problems with tickets sales. But I'm sure that everyone in Qatar would take a vacation for WC so all stadiums would be full. And lets not forget that for the first time in history this would be a family oriented WC so bringing a kid to see a game will be ordered, and any one without it(or seen drinking a beer) will be shot on spot.
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #405
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
I was under the impression it was because Doha proposed an October Olympics. But thank you for correcting me.

If you don't want to debate it, fine, but that doesn't mean mine and others' arguments are not working. You compare Qatar's proposal to any past world cup or any of their competitors and there are huge questions about logistics and legacy. I'm sorry, but I haven't seen any posts here which even begin to answer these questions.
Don't be racist. I will ban you.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #406
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 987

Quote:
No a bit more Soccerish, (and this is in general not just RobH), your Population/city argument is not working, no, its not, we are not debating if Qatar can handle it or not, we are talking about how Qatar will get 2022, because the chances of Qatar are in the hands of 24 people with already 2 guaranteed too vote for Qatar. so leave the population/city problem FOR THE OFFICIALS and focus on how this compact family-oriented world cup will dazzle everyone, Expect Amazing.
I can see you & other Qataris being very disappointed come December.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 02:16 AM   #407
qatarson
BANNED

Qatar will donate 170,000 stadium seats to developing countries and will share their groundbreaking cooling technologies with the rest of the world.

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/News_bull..._932_0078.aspx
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:58 AM   #408
Bezzi

Likes (Received): 995

FIFA don't want empty stadiums in the World Cup.

Tickets purchased fo WC2010

S.A. 1,150,000
USA 130,000
UK 97,000
Australia 43,000
Germany 40,000
Mexico 36,000
Japan 22,000
Brazil 18,000
Canada 17,000
Switzerland 16,000.

Qatar will need to purchase many tickets to fill the stadiums. I think the ENTIRE POPULATION of Catar have to buy tickets. Oh wait! Women are allowed into the stadium? What is the male population of Qatar?
Bezzi no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #409
Kuwaiti

I've answered Qatar Son 333 on how this project COULD work.

But he failed to reply to me. Maybe he doesn't wanna acknowledge what has to be done in order to make this bid feasible.

But in defense for Qatar's bid, here are the possible ways to make this project feasible:

1. Get another country involved. Invite the UAE to the bid.

2. Build a second International Airport in Qatar. One International Airport is not enough.

3. Build a bridge to Bahrain that would cater for roads and high-speed railways that go all the way to Bahrain International Airport.

4. Build a bridge to Abu Dhabi that would cater for roads and high-speed railways that go all the way to Abu Dhabi and Dubai International Airports.

*The fact the video promotion spoke about a '30 minute drive from Bahrain' means it should be at the top of the agenda, unlike Qatar Son 333 thinking it doesnt have to be.

5. Overground, light rail and underground rail systems for every "city" Qatar intends to build.

6. Expand 2030 road projects by 200%.

7. Night matches ONLY. No day time or sunset matches.

8. Air conditioned environments, let alone stadiums! And a backup generator system if anything goes wrong and it will bloody go wrong I assure you.

9. GCC economy has to pitch in but there has to be something in it for us as well.

10. A nuclear winter could do the trick.
Kuwaiti no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #410
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzi View Post
FIFA don't want empty stadiums in the World Cup.

Tickets purchased fo WC2010

S.A. 1,150,000
USA 130,000
UK 97,000
Australia 43,000
Germany 40,000
Mexico 36,000
Japan 22,000
Brazil 18,000
Canada 17,000
Switzerland 16,000.

Qatar will need to purchase many tickets to fill the stadiums. I think the ENTIRE POPULATION of Catar have to buy tickets. Oh wait! Women are allowed into the stadium? What is the male population of Qatar?
I will tell you how it will happen, since Qatar is small everyone-everywhere in Qatar CAN make it to ANY stadium. as to what happened in the Doha Asian games 2006, Large companies in Qatar buy large amounts of tickets and give them to employees, this is "what happens" in Qatar. and yes women are allowed into the stadiums !! what type of question is that !!!.
Old May 14th, 2010, 08:59 AM   #411
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9927

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
well Qatar isnt too much smaller than belgium and netherlands
Yes it is (20 times smaller) !!

Netherlands: 16,5 million inhabitants
Belgium: 10,6 million inhabitants

Quatar: 1,4 million inhabitants

Even Brussels (2,7 million) or Amsterdam (2,3 million) are much larger than Quatar is !

Quatar is more comparable to Luxembourg ! (maybe the Luxembourg should also submit a bid alone in the near future)

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 14th, 2010 at 09:05 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #412
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

LAND SIZE !! NOT POP.
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #413
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9927

OK, so Quatar is 7 times smaller than Belgium + Netherlands !

But, unlike the land size, the population size is much more relevant when it comes to the WC, since it's directly connected with the number of host cities / stadiums (and the capability to fill them) and also the capability to host a large number of foreign supporters (more than 1 million when the WC is hosted in Europe) in terms of infrastructures (hotels, transportations etc) !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #414
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 437

Quote:
If Doha and Qatar in general doesn't get both/either 2020 Olympics, 2022 World cup.

FIFA and the IOC will be declared as racist's, because Cairo and Doha had bid for the Olympics, both failed. Morocco and Egypt had bid for the World cup, they also failed.
So is this a message that the Arab/Muslim world would never get the World-wide Sport events ? we will see this in December and in the Doha 2020 Candidate bid.
Unfortunately, crying racism isnt going to help. You have made some valid points regarding Qatars right to bid, but to claim racism if they do not give you the WC or Olympics is going way too far.

Its not about what religion or race the country is, its about the strongest bid. Not the most money, but the strongest bid, commercially, logistically and the best chance to be a successfuly event all around.

Do not claim racism as a reason to tarnish organisations, especially based on many valid points against Qatars individual bid for the WC and its 2020 OG bid. You need to earn it, not sit back and wait for it to come, placing blame on others when its not won.

Qatar has a chance to host a WC but not on its own, for many reasons already stated.

Last edited by Melb_aviator; May 14th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #415
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
LAND SIZE !! NOT POP.
Please refrain from using caps.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #416
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Yes it is (20 times smaller) !!

Netherlands: 16,5 million inhabitants
Belgium: 10,6 million inhabitants

Quatar: 1,4 million inhabitants

Even Brussels (2,7 million) or Amsterdam (2,3 million) are much larger than Quatar is !

Quatar is more comparable to Luxembourg ! (maybe the Luxembourg should also submit a bid alone in the near future)
I was mean in size also Qatar has mention in their file there will be 400 million person live in middle east and can join the world cup at any time even the numbers you talking about isnt a reason to reject Qatar file so find some thing in fifa condition can be used to reject Qatar file and wait 2 dec.
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #417
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
Unfortunately, crying racism isnt going to help. You have made some valid points regarding Qatars right to bid, but to claim racism if they do not give you the WC or Olympics is going way too far.

Its not about what religion or race the country is, its about the strongest bid. Not the most money, but the strongest bid, commercially, logistically and the best chance to be a successfuly event all around.

Do not claim racism as a reason to tarnish organisations, especially based on many valid points against Qatars individual bid for the WC and its 2020 OG bid. You need to earn it, not sit back and wait for it to come, placing blame on others when its not won.

Qatar has a chance to host a WC but not on its own, for many reasons already stated.
Qatar will win 2022 bid and this will not change our view how fifa and some others is racism. What bring Australia team in Asia seats !! and why europ has all these seats till todays !! while Asia & Africa fighting on few seats they has long history of racism.

Qatar and some other growing nations expose the policy of racism in politics and wars through a free media like Al-Jazeera and Qatar still request to clean UN and change security souncil seats and to equitably distributed they also Qatar do in other fields including sport, Qatar yesterday announced will provide strong support for developing countries so they can bid on large events the sport for everyone and anyone has right to host it or play it no more racism.

Last edited by qatarson; May 14th, 2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #418
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 987

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Qatar will win 2022 bid
Like i said before, there is going to be some disappointed Qataris on here come December.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #419
aus16

Likes (Received): 2

very true, but im sure they will desert this forum when they dont win the 2022 bid
aus16 no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #420
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6456

Thought this was interesting

Qatar = 11,437 km2
Sydney = 12,144 km2
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022