daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #421
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Like i said before, there is going to be some disappointed Qataris on here come December.
well this topic for Qatar file and it is supporters we dont need such comment here.
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #422
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Thought this was interesting

Qatar = 11,437 km2
Sydney = 12,144 km2
Racism post & reply !! Qatar is our country since thousands years and we are happy with it and we have right to bid on any events I dont want to reply same way and I remind you what is (Australia) and who it is native population and where you come from with your racism to Australia, Qatar large by it is Acts ok !!.
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #423
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Qatar will win 2022 bid and this will not change our view how fifa and some others is racism. What bring Australia team in Asia seats !! and why europ has all these seats till todays !! while Asia & Africa fighting on few seats they has long history of racism.
Because biggest amount of high quality teams comes from Europe and because Europe is biggest market for football? I can't believe that you actually are playing racism card here. It's very sad to read stuff like this.. i really hope that people like those on this thread don't have the same views and opinions as rest of the Qatari population.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #424
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
well this topic for Qatar file and it is supporters we dont need such comment here.
Perhaps if you weren't so cocky in saying that you WILL get 2022, you would get such comments.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #425
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Because biggest amount of high quality teams comes from Europe and because Europe is biggest market for football? I can't believe that you actually are playing racism card here. It's very sad to read stuff like this.. i really hope that people like those on this thread don't have the same views and opinions as rest of the Qatari population.
that not ture even england didnt win world cup since long time well then why south america dont have seats such as europ if it is the rule !! well man if you are taking all your rights of course you will not feel how the people in Asia and Africa feel that very simple.
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #426
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
that not ture even england didnt win world cup since long time well then why south america dont have seats such as europ if it is the rule !! well man if you are taking all your rights of course you will not feel how the people in Asia and Africa feel that very simple.
I give up..
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #427
Bezzi

Likes (Received): 995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuwaiti View Post
I've answered Qatar Son 333 on how this project COULD work.

But he failed to reply to me. Maybe he doesn't wanna acknowledge what has to be done in order to make this bid feasible.

But in defense for Qatar's bid, here are the possible ways to make this project feasible:

1. Get another country involved. Invite the UAE to the bid.

2. Build a second International Airport in Qatar. One International Airport is not enough.

3. Build a bridge to Bahrain that would cater for roads and high-speed railways that go all the way to Bahrain International Airport.

4. Build a bridge to Abu Dhabi that would cater for roads and high-speed railways that go all the way to Abu Dhabi and Dubai International Airports.

*The fact the video promotion spoke about a '30 minute drive from Bahrain' means it should be at the top of the agenda, unlike Qatar Son 333 thinking it doesnt have to be.

5. Overground, light rail and underground rail systems for every "city" Qatar intends to build.

6. Expand 2030 road projects by 200%.

7. Night matches ONLY. No day time or sunset matches.

8. Air conditioned environments, let alone stadiums! And a backup generator system if anything goes wrong and it will bloody go wrong I assure you.

9. GCC economy has to pitch in but there has to be something in it for us as well.

10. A nuclear winter could do the trick.
This is the only way I see small countries hosting the World Cup. That is what Belgium and Netherlands is doing. Qatar should do the same. The Gulf World Cup (Qatar, UAE and Bahrain) would be much more viable, with games in the major cities: Manama, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Dubai... Together, the bid would be much more stronger.
Bezzi no está en línea  
Old May 14th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #428
qatarson
BANNED

CNN 14 May
FIFA president Sepp Blatter, in Zurich Friday.

So, are their plans nothing more than a mirage in the desert?

Well, perhaps not quite. Qatar has a high-tech secret weapon.

Their bid proposes to build nine new fully air-conditioned open-air stadiums, both on the pitch and in the spectator area, that work using solar power.

Solar thermal collectors and photovoltaic panels on the outside the stadiums and on their roofs will mine energy from the blazing Qatari sun.

It will be used to chill water, which in turn will cool air before it is blown through the stadium, keeping pitch temperatures below 27 C (80 F).

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/...solar.cooling/

God bless you Mr Blatter
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #429
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9684

Quote:
Because UEFA is by far the most powerful confederation of the FIFA (11 out of the 12 former FIFA presidents are from UEFA), because UEFA holds the largest amount of federations (53; they are only 10 in South America for example), because UEFA, indeed, has the most successful teams and leagues (hosting the best players from all around the world), because Football, FIFA and the World Cup were created by europeans (England & France) etc etc etc

And about your "racism thing", may I remind you that FIFA, such as the IOC, is a confederation of members from the whole planet, which means that the executive committee is compounded of voting members from all around the world, including muslim/arab countries...So, If these muslim members of the executive committee don't want to vote for a Quatari bid, don't you believe that there are certainly some other reasons than racism ??

Here is the FIFA Executive Committee (with 3 French members , Tahiti being a French overseas territory) :

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 17th, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #430
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

Wow this thread almost deserves a lock. They went from arguments straight to paranoia and insults. Also its getting more difficult to understand what you are writing.
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #431
aus16

Likes (Received): 2

im sure it wouldnt be argumental if qatarson and qatar son 333 would stop proclaiming that they WILL host the world cup, honestly, its getting annoying.
aus16 no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #432
Wezza
©

The whole suggestion of crying racism if they don't get the World Cup is just ludicrous. It's nothing to do with racism & everything to do with the members deciding that another country was more capable.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:28 AM   #433
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

we was there and we will get it

Again thanks for all intolerant and ignorant who try to respond and participate.

And I still ask my brothers/friends not to respond to them

Thank you

Last edited by love-qatar; May 15th, 2010 at 02:33 AM.
love-qatar no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #434
sali_haci
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 2633

Go Qatar, I'm with YOU!!!
sali_haci no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #435
Wezza
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post

we was there and we will get it

Again thanks for all intolerant and ignorant who try to respond and participate.

And I still ask my brothers/friends not to respond to them

Thank you
LOL! The only ignorant ones are you Qataris who keep saying you WILL get it. Yes, you have a chance but no more than any other bidding nation.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:31 AM   #436
love-qatar

Quote:
LOL! The only ignorant ones are you Qataris who keep saying you WILL get it. Yes, you have a chance but no more than any other bidding nation.
its our right to be proud of it and sure we will get it
do you mind???
and do you think i was talking about you when i said ignorant? well if you think you are then you are
every 1 know him self MR

are why you bother your self and tention to what we says lool be cool man and
do you want my advice if you think we are dreaming then let us why you bother your self

Old May 15th, 2010, 03:34 AM   #437
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Thanks to whoever deleted my posts ... I see you let a dumbass accuse me of being racist, yet I can't say anything back? What a joke - nearly as funny as Qatar's bid.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:34 AM   #438
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
please show some respect to your self and dont write in wrong topic have you notic your self writing in Qatar topic or not yet ! Qatar will not stop it is bid for some haters & racists and you guys not welcome in our topic anymore till learning to respect other bids.
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:39 AM   #439
love-qatar

Quote:
please show some respect to your self and dont write in wrong topic have you notic your self writing in Qatar topic or not yet ! Qatar will not stop it is bid for some haters & racists and you guys not welcome in our topic anymore.
ياخي اتمنى تكبر عقلك لا تكون جاهل نفسهم
خلهم يقولون الي يقولون لا تردون عليهم
اذا في واحد تحس انه سال سؤال مهم وتحس انه جاد جاوبه اما واحد ما عنده سالفه خله يولي

اتمنى ترد عليه وتسايره او انك تحقره

تقبل مروري
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:41 AM   #440
Wezza
©

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post
its our right to be proud of it and sure we will get it
do you mind???
and do you think i was talking about you when i said ignorant? well if you think you are then you are
every 1 know him self MR

are why you bother your self and tention to what we says lool be cool man and
do you want my advice if you think we are dreaming then let us why you bother your self

Where did i say you shouldn't be proud?

I am saying that the way you guys are acting (I.e. saying you WILL get the WC 2022), you are coming across as arrogant & cocky. If you say things like that, you are bound to get shut down.
Wezza no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022