daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #481
se12
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Asking for a world cup in Qatar is a bit like showing Michelangelo your kitchen ceiling, giving him a pot of paint and saying "you know that Sistine Chapel...something like that please".
Agreed.
se12 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #482
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan1 View Post
Gees, what's wrong man? What kind of ignorant comment is that??
So much hatred, go on Qatar, doing a great job!
There are those who not accept the other opinion or clean competition especially when it comes from a small country in the middle east i wonder what they will do if Qatar win world cup 2022 bid in 2 dec.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #483
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

"in effort to swing the thread away from lock down"

Doha New International Airport, Due to open in December 18 2011, Qatar's National Day

Progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
Here are two pics taken by tem cloa in flickr.

Video about the Bridge between Qatar and Bahrain

Its going to be used to some extent if fans are arriving via Bahrain.

Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #484
hangman

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Qatar 2022 Introduction

It was a nice touch, getting qatar's entire population in the video like that.
hangman no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM   #485
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman View Post
It was a nice touch, getting qatar's entire population in the video like that.
No, but it did cover most Expat races in Qatar.
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #486
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
"in effort to swing the thread away from lock down"

Doha New International Airport, Due to open in December 18 2011, Qatar's National Day

Progress

Video about the Bridge between Qatar and Bahrain

Its going to be used to some extent if fans are arriving via Bahrain.

that amazing there will be millions of arab fans coming from Bahrain , Saudi , emaraties, kuwait and middle east countries even some of them can visit bahrain capital in 30 minutes by this fast train or Al-khobar city in Saudi.

two days ago, Qatar has formally requested the Gulf States unite tourism visa for all the Gulf States so they can move between GCC countries easly with this fast and modern transports network.
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #487
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
There are those who not accept the other opinion or clean competition especially when it comes from a small country in the middle east i wonder what they will do if Qatar win world cup 2022 bid in 2 dec.
Well we will wonder, but Qatar will be in party mode and Qatar's National day is on 18th, december so we could expect all these days in celebration.

stuff like this..

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #488
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Well we will wonder, but Qatar will be in party mode and Qatar's National day is on 18th, december so we could expect all these days in celebration.

stuff like this..

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
nice of course there also our brothers in GCC countries , middle east, arab world countries and islamic countries all of them will join us.

dont forget the celebration today the winer of emir cup they will do the same today and the final match will be live on Al-Jazeera sports channels , Global network , Alkass and on internet live around 5pm GMT
http://www.alkass.net/live.aspx

so enjoy the match brother
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #489
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

You forgot to mention its the FIRST 3D MATCH EVER off course alongside the HD and Normal channels. amazingly Alkass Tv got the rights for the 2011 Asian cup, i guess this will help the channel spread a lot.
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #490
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
You forgot to mention its the FIRST 3D MATCH EVER off course alongside the HD and Normal channels. amazingly Alkass Tv got the rights for the 2011 Asian cup, i guess this will help the channel spread a lot.
Perhaps in Qatar..
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #491
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Especially with some clever arguments as you wrote !

Fantasy argument: You argued that Quatar is comparable with Belgium & Netherlands (size and/or population).
Fact 1: I proved you it is not, but you don't accept it !
Fact 2: Quatar is more comparable to Luxemburg or Slovenia !

Think about that !

Attacking argument: You said that FIFA and the IOC are racists if they don't choose your bid....
Fact: I showed you the executive committee, compounded by members from all around the world, including several muslim countries....

Do the Turkish people call UEFA racist because their last two bids have failed (the same with Moroccans and their past WC bids) ?????
NO !!

Does the Turkish UEFA bid receive as many negative comments as your bid receives, although they are muslim too ???
NO !!
Think about that !

BUT, if the Luxembourg or Slovenia, would have been candidate to host the WC alone, they would certainly received the same so called racist () comments as your bid receives !!!

Think about that !

And I'm sorry to "attack" (according to your paranoia) your bid, but 100,000 hotel rooms are largely insufficient for hosting 1 million visitors...It's not a negative comment but a simple fact and you don't wan't to see it, since you prefer to cry racism and intolerance for every valid argument which is not in perfect harmony with your idealized/biased opinion !

PS: About the 3D matches I'm sorry but it's not new here (for example our league, French Ligue 1, uses this technology since several months, just like some other European leagues)....So, again...your arguments are apparently biased, despite you call us ignorants !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 15th, 2010 at 07:17 PM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #492
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
there many important people in the stadium include brazilian President.
Old May 15th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #493
FreeMan1

Likes (Received): 43

I don't understand why everyone is attacking Qatar? They have sent a serious bid and are trying to show that a Middle Eastern country actually can arrange such a big event! They may probably not win, but they have shown the world what they are capable of and a lot of good PR.
FreeMan1 no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #494
RobH

Likes (Received): 10339

Most here aren't "attacking" Qatar FreeMan, but are asking perfectly legitimate questions about stadiums, legacy, logistics etc.

Interesting that you say it's good PR. I've long suspected as much. Even if this bid doesn't win (which is the likely outcome as far as I can see), the awareness of Qatar as a sporting destination will grow because of it. Perhaps the bid and the money spent on it are worth it just for that, even if its chances of winning are slim. Mixing it with countries like England, Spain, the US, Russia and putting up a credible fight may be worth it.
RobH no está en línea  
Old May 15th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #495
qatarson
BANNED

Al-Rayyan won the emir cup today congratulations brother Qatar son 333 for your team and to all Rayan fans.

Last edited by qatarson; May 15th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:45 AM   #496
fizicki neradnik
Easily fooled

Every single thing you wrote on this tread parcdesprinces I agree. I also noticed that every time someone ask a question about this bid people from Qatar mumble something in bad english and say that doesn't matter. I'm beginning to think that any discussion on this thread is pointless and we just have to wait for the decision from Fifa. I don't think that their chances for getting this WC are big, but they somehow think they deserve it since they are are a middle-eastern country and all that. After all problems with South Aftrican and Brazilian bid chances for WC in Qatar are even slimmer. It is like they don't even care what sport it is, as long is it the most popular in the world they have to have it, and that is what makes me angry. Someone even suggested that all matches should be played at night, but that is impossible because in the group stage there are 3 matches per day.
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:19 AM   #497
brewerfan386

Likes (Received): 158

Lets try to keep things in perspective (from an American P.O.V.)
I have NOTHING against the country of Qatar!

The issue I have with this bid is that they are trying to hold the games in a country smaller (in land and people) then Connecticut:

Connecticut
- Total Land Area: 5,543 sq mi (14,356 km2)
- Total Population: 3,518,288 (2009 est.)

Qatar
-Total Land Area: 4,416 sq mi (11,437 km2)
-Total Population: 1,409,000 or 1,309,000 (2009 est.) (depending on what you read)

Last edited by brewerfan386; May 16th, 2010 at 08:22 AM.
brewerfan386 no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2010, 07:25 AM   #498
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

That's one of our points, it's way to small!
Solopop no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #499
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

We don't go around you threads, arguing.

A scene i really liked yesterday, who knew Mexican waves would reach the Qatari desert.
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #500
hangman

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
We don't go around you threads, arguing.
Because you'd have no argument to make if you did.

And we're just pointing out what seems logical to everybody but qatar. You might have some pretty stadium proposals but the country is logistically incapable of handling a world cup.
hangman no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022