daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 21st, 2009, 02:29 AM   #41
Livno80101
studying

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracovia View Post
what are you implying ?
all I want to say is that Ukrainians and (maybe) you Polish bought organization of EURO 2012 and that's all
Livno80101 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:49 AM   #42
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livno80101 View Post
all I want to say is that Ukrainians and (maybe) you Polish bought organization of EURO 2012 and that's all
Why would they bough it when they had Cro - Hun and Italy as oponents? Croatia - Hungary bid was bad in terms of stadiums and bid itself (crap preparation form FA) and Italy was being... Italy... they prepared themself even worse than Cro/Hun.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:52 AM   #43
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
Why would they bough it when they had Cro - Hun and Italy as oponents? Croatia - Hungary bid was bad in terms of stadiums and bid itself (crap preparation form FA) and Italy was being... Italy... they prepared themself even worse than Cro/Hun.
yes, but pol/ukr should have been rejected during campaign, corruption in their FA, league clubs were disqualified from championship so you see why they shouldn'z have got this organization
Old March 21st, 2009, 02:56 AM   #44
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
yes, but pol/ukr should have been rejected during campaign, corruption in their FA, league clubs were disqualified from championship so you see why they shouldn'z have got this organization
Corruption in their leagues and FA? FFS they had Croatian and Italian league/FA as bid rivals. No need to say more.

Please make some sense
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:00 AM   #45
Livno80101
studying

Quote:
Corruption in their leagues and FA? FFS they had Croatian and Italian league/FA as bid rivals. No need to say more.

Please make some sense
ok, I can't talk to you about this theme coz you are totally uninformed
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:04 AM   #46
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
ok, I can't talk to you about this theme coz you are totally uninformed
I am uninformed? Seems like that you are

Absolutely every single fan organization in Croatia and Hungary was against euro bid. There were even fan protests in both countries against it because of the FA's and their corruption. Hungary even changed their FA officials during that period. So please...
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:20 AM   #47
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by likasz View Post
You're too small nation to organize such a tournament.Maybe together with other country from the Persian Gulf will be better.Secondly your law can be a problem.One of the biggest FIFA's sponsor is Budweiser and they will want to sell their beer in your country.As I know alcohol is forbidden in Qatar. I respect your law and your habits but FIFA will not.
Beer, and other alcoholic drinks are allowed in hotels and clubs... you could easily obtain a permit to keep alcholic drinks in your house...

Quote:
No way on earth that they will get the bid... no stadiums, no cities, no football culture, potential trouble with traveling fans and the way they behave (due to cultural difference)... its just too much negative stuff in this bid.
Oh, believe me we have stadiums... and we have cities and we have football history.... fans are not a problem... security is high in Qatar....
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:26 AM   #48
woozoo

Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
I am uninformed? Seems like that you are
Agreed

Quote:
Proof please. Any proof at all. Even a little bit. Something more than your ill informed conspiracy theory.
woozoo no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:32 AM   #49
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
Blatter talks out of his arse more than out of his mouth. He changes his mind like hes bi polar. In the past hes declared Oceania should have an automatic spot in the WC, that benelux and spain/portugal should have joint bids, plus a myriad of other decisions which he later over turned.

Besides, sure Qatar can bid, but that dont mean it will get a WC.

Put simply, and putting everything else aside, Qatar doesnt have the infrastructure, doesnt have enough population, and doesnt have enough individual cities to host a WC.
Sorry to rain on your parade. Maybe in the future with joint bids allowed they will have a shot??
As you think! but that over $60 billion is too tiny for infrastructure? people are 2 lazy here to check out the cities first.
QatPhils no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:36 AM   #50
woozoo

Likes (Received): 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Beer, and other alcoholic drinks are allowed in hotels and clubs... you could easily obtain a permit to keep alcholic drinks in your house...

Oh, believe me we have stadiums... and we have cities and we have football history.... fans are not a problem... security is high in Qatar....
Sorry, you have no chance in hell.

i dont believe you about the stadiums. Show me. You wont be able to because there arent adequate stadiums.

Cities? Refer to post 32 by Benjuk

You have never been in a WC, you have a very limited football history.

Your population is half of the total attendance for the past few world cups. Fans are a major, major problem.

Security? I doubt your police are trained to deal with thousands of fans in the manner FIFA would expect.
woozoo no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM   #51
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

This is Khalifa International Stadium, it has a 50,000 seat capacity, it has been used for the opening and closing ceremony of the 15th Asian Games Doha 2006, it is currentlly under renovation and expansion to hold 70,000 seats for the AFC Asian Football Cup Qatar 2011.

image hosted on flickr

Before the Asian Games, you could see Aspire Zone (Sport City) is very active in preperation for the opening of the games...

image hosted on flickr
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:53 AM   #52
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
Sorry, you have no chance in hell.

i dont believe you about the stadiums. Show me. You wont be able to because there arent adequate stadiums.

Cities? Refer to post 32 by Benjuk

You have never been in a WC, you have a very limited football history.

Your population is half of the total attendance for the past few world cups. Fans are a major, major problem.

Security? I doubt your police are trained to deal with thousands of fans in the manner FIFA would expect.
You can never really see previous post opposing don't you, as time goes by, so does the stadiums being upgraded over the money spent. You think Dubai has over taken Qatar in sports? No. You have to have proper planning on stadiums, building it too large, less than a half full and so expensive.

As for the population of Qatar, the population increased by 600,000 from 2007 to end of 2008, and is also reflecting the major economic boom.

Do you think the same city will always be chosen? otherwise it will be unfair. And read recent sports if you are wise enough to check before speaking.

Read about sports in qatar if there were any problems in security, Qatar held the world's second largest sporting event and there were no problems at all, and spent millions in its security.
QatPhils no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:15 AM   #53
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

This will not be used for the 2022 world cup, but its a stadium built for the AFC Asian cup matches... its an underground stadium, the first in the world.....

-----------------------------------------------------

The sports club stadium, The first phase of construction is currently on. The stadium is expected to be ready for use by the end of 2009, will be used for matches during the 2011 Asian Cup football, which can house around 10,000 to 11,000 people.

Old March 21st, 2009, 11:41 AM   #54
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

Didn't know this stadium is already u/C. Do you have any recent pics from the construction site?

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea  
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM   #55
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

All i could provide is a fairly new pictures taken by one of our forumers of the construction site and a recent satellite picture of the site as you could see below...

pictures taken by Massilia on 3,2,2009 , Excavation is done, contracting to start soon.

[IMG]http://i42.************/25p24g1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.************/2llfv5u.jpg[/IMG]

Access roads to administrative buildings under construction
[IMG]http://i39.************/1z6vdbq.jpg[/IMG]

Satellite picture
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:08 PM   #56
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
Hotels and clubs... when i think of international football competition first that comes to my mind is:
image hosted on flickr

Thousands of fans drinking and having party on streets all over city. Would that be possible in Qatar? I seriously doubt that your authorities would allow scenes like in Germany 06 or Austria/Swiss 08. And that's what big competitions are all about... fans from all over the world having fun together. Whats the point of all this if you would restrict people from doing something as "bad" as having fun with their mates?
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM   #57
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

NDIA (New Doha International Airport)

contruction pictures

[IMG]http://i38.************/2ag67gp.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i37.************/2w5q8ic.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i35.************/34si7op.jpg[/IMG]
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:29 PM   #58
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:

Thousands of fans drinking and having party on streets all over city. Would that be possible in Qatar? I seriously doubt that your authorities would allow scenes like in Germany 06 or Austria/Swiss 08. And that's what big competitions are all about... fans from all over the world having fun together. Whats the point of all this if you would restrict people from doing something as "bad" as having fun with their mates?
Spicy, i understand your point of view, people could have all the fun they want... but i dont see drinking as fun.... our fans could have loads of fun without drinking (since its forbidden and all..)
Old March 21st, 2009, 12:58 PM   #59
SpicyMcHaggis

Quote:
Spicy, i understand your point of view, people could have all the fun they want... but i dont see drinking as fun.... our fans could have loads of fun without drinking (since its forbidden and all..)
That is why i said cultural difference. Your culture is simply too different to that of the fans who would go to see the games there.
Old March 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM   #60
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

then they could drink in the hotels and accomodation areas... is this the only negative subject ? i dont see any problems with this bid...

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022