daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #601
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9686

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
yes they can win 2018 but I think England is much closer to 2018 anyway we are not bidding with them we are bidding for 2022 coz Qatar of countries will vote for England 2018.

Do you know what Luxembourg is ????
Because it is not a part of Belgium or the Netherlands ! And it doesn't really take part to their bids !

Luxembourg is just one of the tiniest European country, and it's comparable to Qatar ! But unlike Qatar, they don't try to host the World cup (alone or not), although it's one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and although Luxembourg (located at the heart of western Europe) is largely better connected, than Qatar is, with its neighboring countries which represent one of the most densely populated areas (200+ million inhabitants) and one of the largest markets in the world !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 18th, 2010 at 07:33 AM.
parcdesprinces no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #602
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post

Because it is not a part of Belgium or the Netherlands ! And it doesn't take part to their bids !

Luxembourg is just one of the tiniest European country, and it's comparable to Quatar ! But unlike Quatar, they don't try to host the World cup (alone or not), although it's one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and although Luxembourg (located at the heart of western Europe) is largely better connected, than Quatar is, with its neighboring countries which represents one of the most densely populated areas (200+ millions inhabitants) and one of the largest market in the world !
Whats the point in trying to explain this to a 5 year old?
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #603
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
our ages non of your business do you understand ?

Last edited by qatarson; May 16th, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #604
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:

Because it is not a part of Belgium or the Netherlands ! And it doesn't really take part to their bids !

Luxembourg is just one of the tiniest European country, and it's comparable to Quatar ! But unlike Quatar, they don't try to host the World cup (alone or not), although it's one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and although Luxembourg (located at the heart of western Europe) is largely better connected, than Quatar is, with its neighboring countries which represents one of the most densely populated areas (200+ millions inhabitants) and one of the largest market in the world !
does I said it is part of Belgium ? I answered your question you asked can Luxembourg do it and ask to bid for world cup my answer was of course they can do it but they will not be abel to win it coz England much close to win this bid any country have right to bid and Fifa decide if conditions are satisfied or not.

your question is based on the estimated well I dont see different between big or small country , african or europian country, rich or poor country all have right to bid that the age we live in now.

Last edited by qatarson; May 16th, 2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:43 PM   #605
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Mo Rush your not acting like a mod at all, heck i thing your moderator status should be removed.

In other news, now we have a new telecommunication operator, Virgin Mobile !! so thats Qtel, Vodafone and Virgin Mobile.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #606
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Mo Rush your not acting like a mod at all, heck i thing your moderator status should be removed.

In other news, now we have a new telecommunication operator, Virgin Mobile !! so thats Qtel, Vodafone and Virgin Mobile.
Virgin mobile good they didnt asked if our country small or not byway I hear it is part of Q-tel not as 3rd license they using Qtel license.

Last edited by qatarson; May 16th, 2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #607
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:

He is doing his job perfectly. You could be thankful that he didn't close this thread, even tho he has more than enough reasons to do it.

How about concentrating on the actual bid now? We didn't hear one single detail about the stadiums except for "Qatar is awesome" and "look, they have AC".
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #608
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyMcHaggis View Post
He is doing his job perfectly. You could be thankful that he didn't close this thread, even tho he has more than enough reasons to do it.

How about concentrating on the actual bid now? We didn't hear one single detail about the stadiums except for "Qatar is awesome" and "look, they have AC".
yes there many reasons to ban you and other who using bad words in our topic and against us personally and against our country over and over and the reason (how dare your small arab country bid to world cup).
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #609
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Virgin mobile good they didnt asked if our country small or not byway I hear it is part of Q-tel not as 3rd license they using Qtel license.
Well if its going to be "Qtel-Virgin Mobile" or just "Virgin Mobile" in both ways itd going to add to the country's telecommunication strength. In addition to the already strong and growing media (Al-Jazeera Arabic, English, Sport etc)

So these aspects are strong for Qatar, so i hear that we are comparing Qatar with Luxembourg, aye ?

Luxembourg is a land locked country with Belgium, France and Germany neighboring it, Qatar however is not a land locked country, it has land connection to Saudi Arabia, and sea borders with Bahrain, UAE and Iran.

The highway to Saudi Arabia was expanded in the past years now it's a 4-Lane dual carriageway with numerous Interchanges to smoothen traffic flow. now a rail connection to Saudi Arabia is going to be done by a German company, part of the reason why the German member in FIFA will vote for Qatar.

However to reduce time and to have a direct connection to neighboring countries, we are building the Qatar-Bahrain causeway, it is being built by a French company, also a reason why the French member in FIFA will vote for Qatar. the plan also includes a rail link between Doha and Manama, also built by the German company.

similar plans are being thought of to build a Bridge between Qatar and UAE.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #610
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:

You do know you just spat in my face saying "you have no facts" because, i don't really have to repeat again and again what i said, go back a couple or more pages and you will see all the info you need, and we should expect more announcements in the coming days since the bid book has been submitted.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #611
qatarson
BANNED

Qatar son 333 I heard the fifa will ask the African members in executive committee to not vote as bloc and to vote for more than one country.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #612
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
yes there many reasons to ban you and other who using bad words in our topic and against us personally and against our country over and over and the reason (how dare your small arab country bid to world cup).
Could you show me in which post someone said something against the Qatar? All people are saying is that Qatar is too small to organize this. They could be wrong, perhaps you can pull it out. But did you provide us with stadium plans, details and everything that matter in this bid? No, you didn't, instead you are attacking people (including moderators) for absolutely no reason. Why don't you redirect all that energy that you seem to have into something positive and try to explain the bid to other users here? Posting 1 rendering per stadium isn't good enough.

Just an friendly advice.. instead of accusing everyone of racism you could post renderings of stadium interiors, construction plans, materials used... you know.. things that actually matter in this bid?
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #613
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Qatar son 333 I heard the fifa will ask the African members in executive committee to not vote as bloc and to vote for more than one country.
How is that possible ?? then we have more votes going around...
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #614
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Quote:
Any comments
Yes !

Here is the complete list of the executive committee, from the FIFA website (btw I don't know if the Secretary General takes part to the vote or not.. If so, France holds 3 votes, Tahiti being a French overseas territory). And I'm not sure that France will vote for your bid, just like Germany who often votes like France (& vice versa), because of our strong partnership.

Quote:
--------------------------

Anyway, which is funny in this thread, is that the Qatari forumers don't answer most of the valid arguments (or when we prove them they wrong), or they answer by repeating their national(ist) propaganda, such as:
  • "We have the best airports in the whole Universe (even if we don't know what other countries have)."
  • "Yes 100,000 hotel rooms is a huge amount and it's largely enough for the WC" (whatever the number of visitors of the previous World Cups)
  • "We are the first country in the Galaxy to use 3D technology for an official match". (I already wrote that the French league already used it on OrangeTV and Canal+)
  • "If our country is too small...well, no problem, we are going to decrease the current size of the WC"...
  • "The WC in Qatar is for Middle-Eastern people, and not for Europeans" (i.e. Middle-East Cup , thanks in advance for your hospitality)
  • "We are going to change the rules because the WC will become ours and we don't like the way it is today" (i.e. banning 1 million of foreign fans from all around the world who want to have fun with or without tickets)
  • "And anyway we don't really like the western way of life, that's why we are going to change your competitions !" (i.e. "Family/children WC", alcohol ban etc)
  • "We hosted the brazilian president, and Blatter is our friend, so, we will win the race in december" (it's obvious that Qatar is the only foreign country visited by the Brazilian President, and it's obvious that the FIFA President is officially going to give up its neutrality for the very first time in the FIFA history, in favor of Qatar )

This is a short summary of what I read in the last 3-4 pages (since my post of yesterday): The funniest is that you call us "racist" or "intolerant" or again "disrespectful", since obviously YOU are the most open-minded people, and the less arrogant ones !

As a French (country which has created FIFA and the World Cup), I'm sorry to say that I'm shocked by your opinions about this competition (i.e. as it was a "modular thing" that you can change whenever you want and just like you want in order to accommodate it to your own rules), and I'm also shocked by your lack of respect of a centenary institution and its traditions (e.g. "FIFA is racist" or "we have an agreement/deal with Blatter"= Corruption) !

As a matter of fact, after reading all this BS, I'd like to say: Dear Qatari, why don't you create your own competition (with your own rules) with your friends, while the rest of the world keeps its WC just like it is !

Last edited by parcdesprinces; May 16th, 2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:23 PM   #615
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Could you show me in which post someone said something against the Qatar? All people are saying is that Qatar is too small to organize this. They could be wrong, perhaps you can pull it out. But did you provide us with stadium plans, details and everything that matter in this bid? No, you didn't, instead you are attacking people (including moderators) for absolutely no reason. Why don't you redirect all that energy that you seem to have into something positive and try to explain the bid to other users here? Posting 1 rendering per stadium isn't good enough.

Just an friendly advice.. instead of accusing everyone of racism you could post renderings of stadium interiors, construction plans, materials used... you know.. things that actually matter in this bid?

We didn't accuse anyone as racist we were emplying the likelihood of FIFA and IOC being racists. and we didnt attack anyone we are the ones defending ourselves !!! and what we posted is what we have so we didn't really ignore these things.
all that stuff you mentioned didnt come out yet, so WAIT.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #616
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:

lol this topic is fully of bad words been said to us and our country and I dont need to quote it again it is already in most of these pages and as there many people like you says Qatar small to host world cup there millions supports us and says ( Go Qatar ) millions of our brothers in GCC countries, millions in the arabic world and millions in the middle east and millions in Islamic word support this bid by way we have host many world cup befor for different ages and they found stadiums in our country to play in and they also scored and won these cups not Qatar has right to bid even Bahrain smaller than Qatar has right to bid any time for world cup.

there no condition in fifa or any sports association based on size or population.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #617
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Quatar
You spell Qatar correctly first then come back for discussion.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #618
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
why don't you create your own competition (with your own rules) with your friends, while the rest of the world keeps its WC just like it is !
no need we have a formal request and you have to wait till 2 dec.
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #619
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Quote:
You spell Qatar correctly first then come back for discussion.

When you won't make any spelling mistakes, maybe you'll be allowed to tell me what to do !

But since I don't want to hurt your pride , I'm going to correct my mistake (unlike some well known forumers) !
Old May 16th, 2010, 11:42 PM   #620
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizicki neradnik View Post
So... no source? Other then "we have a lot of children" thing.
Quote:
It's incredible how 2, 3 spoiled kids can irritate you so much that you wish for entire country to fail with their bid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
some of the levels dialog

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022