daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #641
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #642
qatarson
BANNED

Old May 17th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #643
The Game Is Up
Proud Facebook Non-Member

Likes (Received): 255

Umm...I don't see what's so strange about promoting a bid at its own dedicated thread. Some people act like it's stunning that a supporter would tout support from a famous footballer. It's a common PR technique, not out of the ordinary.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #644
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game Is Up View Post
Umm...I don't see what's so strange about promoting a bid at its own dedicated thread. Some people act like it's stunning that a supporter would tout support from a famous footballer. It's a common PR technique, not out of the ordinary.
yes everyone is free to support who wants.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:30 AM   #645
qatarson
BANNED

Soccerex Manchester

Old May 17th, 2010, 06:30 AM   #646
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

Jest to add they played in Qatar League and there are a lot of players who played for the local clubs such as:

Josep Guardiola, Ali Benarbia, Batistuta, Sonny Anderson, Frank de Boer, Ronald de Boer, Jacek Bak, Fernando Hierro, Frank Leboeuf, Youssef Chippo, Mauro Zarate, Ali Daei, Carlos Tenorio, Marcio Emerson Passos ( and he play for Qatar national team ), Frank Leboeuf, Dennis Oliech, Marcel Desailly, Fabricio Souza, Claudio Caniggia, Francisco Lima, Jay Jay Okocha, Eric Djemba Djemba, Juninho, Alfonso alves and more. well i think they all got a good experiance and know Qatar well
love-qatar no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:33 AM   #647
qatarson
BANNED

Gabriel Batistuta support Qatar file
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #648
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

Eight stadiums are to be needed by a single country for a FIFA World Cup. Qatar has only proposed five. Their permanent capacities are only 25,000. I have several doubts about a Qatari World Cup. All of those stadiums are gonna end up being white elephants after a Qatari World Cup. And where is the proposed final venue, an upgraded Khalifa Stadium or another white elephant stadium that is twice as large as the other planned white elephant stadiums?

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #649
qatarson
BANNED

Sheikh Mohammed Al Thani, Chairman of the Qatar 2022 speech to bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8654864.stm
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM   #650
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1107

Our Qatari friends say that the Islamic World is behind them.
Do you know if the sentiment is that strong?
There is a fair chance the likes of Indonesia and Malaysia would prefer Australia on the grounds of convenience as It's closer to get to and in the same Time zones.
Just a possibility.

I'm leaving this thread now, I can't make up my mind if it's off putting or funny.
The majority of us believe Qatar is simply too small and its an abuse of a nations wealth to put so much in to a one off event.
Obviously the Qataris disagree.
Minds have been made up that nothing is changing.

If you really don't like their bid, join a petition. I think there is one going around based on human rights failures.

Qatar, I say concentrate on the 2020 Olympics
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #651
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
Eight stadiums are to be needed by a single country for a FIFA World Cup. Qatar has only proposed five. Their permanent capacities are only 25,000. I have several doubts about a Qatari World Cup. All of those stadiums are gonna end up being white elephants after a Qatari World Cup. And where is the proposed final venue, an upgraded Khalifa Stadium or another white elephant stadium that is twice as large as the other planned white elephant stadiums?
yes there more 7 stadiums appended with the Qatar file on Friday, 14 May also Fifa members will visit Qatar in next September to see what Qatar has begun.
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #652
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Our Qatari friends say that the Islamic World is behind them.
Do you know if the sentiment is that strong?
There is a fair chance the likes of Indonesia and Malaysia would prefer Australia on the grounds of convenience as It's closer to get to and in the same Time zones.
Just a possibility.

I'm leaving this thread now, I can't make up my mind if it's off putting or funny.
The majority of us believe Qatar is simply too small and its an abuse of a nations wealth to put so much in to a one off event.
Obviously the Qataris disagree.
Minds have been made up that nothing is changing.

If you really don't like their bid, join a petition. I think there is one going around based on human rights failures.

thanks, some of the new stadiums will be using for the Olympics Games also any other events Qatar will host in future, there almost new event every year and we will host Asian Cup next year 2011.
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #653
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9699

in order to use your future stadiums maybe you should submit a bid for the IRB Rugby World Cup as well (whether you play rugby or not), since it's the last of the world's largest events you didn't try to host, just like the winter olympics !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #654
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
in order to use your future stadiums maybe you should submit a bid for the Rugby world cup as well (whether you play rugby or not), since it's the last of the world's largest events you didn't try to host, just like the winter olympics !
anything else !
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #655
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9699

Yes, the UEFA Euro (world's 3rd largest sporting event) ! ohh.. silly me.. you can't !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #656
Gran Kanarya
Gran Kanarya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran Kanarya View Post
WC in Qatar is literally impossible. Why don't Qatar and few other Arab countries realise this and make a joint bid so that they can have some realistic chance.
this was a sincere suggestion, any comments from Qataris?
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #657
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Mo Rush your not acting like a mod at all, heck i thing your moderator status should be removed.

In other news, now we have a new telecommunication operator, Virgin Mobile !! so thats Qtel, Vodafone and Virgin Mobile.
Heck, I think you're 5.

"Qatar best country in the world, we can host everything."

You have no ability to debate, no logic, and no idea of the FIFA requirements.

So yes, you are 5.

Anymore accusations of racism at other forumers and you'll be out of here.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #658
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Mo Rush (بو راس)

You do realize i didn't claim any forumer as racist, go back and read the pages, and you will see what i mean, the other forumers however started claiming racism etc.

THANK YOU AND I DECLARE MY AGE AS 5
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #659
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
I think this answers you doubt's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Doha 2020

"Quiet Approach to 2020 Olympics for Qatar"

Plans for a bid from Qatar for the 2020 Olympics are proceeding even though the primary goal for now is to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the secretary general of the Qatar Olympic Committee tells Around The Rings.

Sheikh Saoud Bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani confirmed that Doha will be in the race for 2020, it’s second try after failing to make the shortlist for 2016.

The sheikh says the strategy is to keep things quiet while the battle to host World Cups in 2018 and 2022 is underway. That decision by FIFA is set for December 2010.

Al-Thani says he takes comfort from the decision to award Brazil the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics.

“I think that when the IOC chose Rio it opened a new gate. The area that is still missing an Olympics is the Middle East. Hopefully we can change that in 2020, but first we must focus on 2022,” explained Al-Thani.

“2020 will be on our agenda. Rio has the World Cup (2014) and two years later will have the Olympics. Maybe we will do the same, but the other way round.”

Doha lost out for 2016 due large part to stage the Games in October, rather than the traditional July/August dates sought by the IOC.

Al-Thani revealed that this time Qatar will accept the northern hemisphere mid-summer timing, arguing that technology and the changing world climate will come to the rescue.

“Ten years from now the weather will be different – we are already seeing the change. We can play at night in climate controlled stadia. At a recent event in our stadium a temperature no higher than 28 degrees centigrade was recorded,” claimed Al-Thani.

Qatar has recently staged world-class events in tennis, table tennis, weight-lifting and football, and will showcase its national stadium to the world on Saturday when football giants England and Brazil battle in a World Cup prep match.

Al-Thani confirmed that part of his government’s strategy is to bring more and more of these global events Doha.

“To bring a big event to the Middle East is very important. Impossible does not exist in our dictionary. Any event that will help our strategy to bring a major event to our country we will bid for,” he said.

Doha is not the only Arab Gulf city looking at the 2020 Olympics. Dubai in the United Arab Emirates is looking at the bid as well.

SOURCE
Old May 17th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #660
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

This is a very good video.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022