daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM   #721
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzi View Post
So it seems to be a fight between Eng X Rus for 2018 and Qat x Usa for 2022. Interesting.

When the other stadiums will be revealed? All candidates have shown their stadiuns unless Qatar.
That list doesn't mean anything, its just an analysis by a website.

The stadiums are set, but only 5 have been revealed yet, waiting for the other 7 stadiums.

@MS20, Your really dont know who is going to win this bid, USA-Qat-Aus are the ones "most likely" going to get the bid.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:00 PM   #722
MS20

Likes (Received): 2

Yep, Qatar, a country of 1.5 million people is likely to win it. A country with a complete joke of a domestic league. A country going up against the USA/England/Russia/Aus etc

Personally, I think anyone who believes Qatar has any chance in hell is full of ****. But hey, thats just me. I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA execs are laughing in the background. The absurdity of it is just beyond words.

Again, can't believe people are actually discussing the idea.
MS20 no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #723
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Qatar Son 333, thanks for posting those images and the video-greatly appreciated. I didn't think Qatar would actually build a railway system since it is such a small country-area wise. But it is a brilliant idea since Most Arabian Gulf Countries will have a system like this and it will make the region like the EU...

And WOW those high speed trains look cool!

Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea  
Old June 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #724
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

@Dubaiiscool, Its predicted that that Qatar railways would be connected to the GCC rail system by 2017, connecting all GCC countries by rail.

@MS20, You don't know anything as Qatar is not competing with England or Russia for 2022, Europe will get 2018 and 2022 either Asia (Australia & Qatar) or America (United States of America).
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
@Dubaiiscool, Its predicted that that Qatar railways would be connected to the GCC rail system by 2017, connecting all GCC countries by rail.

@MS20, You don't know anything as Qatar is not competing with England or Russia for 2022, Europe will get 2018 and 2022 either Asia (Australia & Qatar) or America (United States of America).
Cool!
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #726
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Fan Zone for Doha football lovers

Doha: The Qatar 2022 Bid Committee is set to open a 2,000 square metre Fan Zone in Souq Waqif for the duration of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, giving local fans the chance to watch matches on a giant LED screen, to participate in games and activities, and learn more about Qatar’s bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

The Fan Zone will officially open tomorrow and can accommodate up to 1,000 people.

The Fan Zone, with a layout based on a football pitch, will provide a spectator area with seats for supporters, in addition to areas dedicated to two main exhibitions and other informative and interactive features for children and adults.

Visitors will be able to enjoy an exhibition featuring the history of the World Cup, showcasing the 18 previous editions of the tournament with 10-minute clips from each final as well as information and archived pictures on each competition and details on the winners and runners-up. Each dedicated space will also feature a copy of the original FIFA World Cup official poster from each edition of the tournament.

A second exhibition — ‘Koora Al Arabia: Portraits of Football in Arabian Nations’ — will also be launched on the opening day, offering visitors the opportunity to view 40 pictures portraying the people of the region displaying their passion for football.

The Qatar 2022 Bid Committee sent photographer Caio Vilela on a mission this Spring: he was to travel across the Arab nations looking for people playing football and photograph them. What you see in this exhibition is the findings of this mission: from Tangier to Giza, from Doha to Soqotra, from Aleppo to Al Quds and Aqaba – football is everywhere.
Nasser Al Kather—Qatar 2022 Bid Communication Director—described the Fan Zone as an effort to engage the local community and provide a unifying outlet during the World Cup.
“We want to bring everyone together—young and old—to experience football during the most important global sporting event. By providing information on past World Cup tournaments, and in allowing everyone to learn more about our own bid, we hope that people will continue to believe that our bid is within reach and has the ability to transform the country and the region in the same manner as South Africa.”
On June 23 ‘The Legacy Exhibition’ will be opening in a tent adjacent to the Fan Zone area. The exhibition will run for three weeks and will offer visitors a visual timeline experience of the history of football in Qatar.
Furthermore there will be an area dedicated to the 2010 South Africa World Cup with information on Nelson Mandela , on the country’s passion for football as well as a space showcasing the 5 proposed state-of-the-art stadia and cooling technologies for the Qatar 2022 Bid. Visitors will also be able to leave messages to support Qatar’s 2022 Bid.
The Fan Zone will focus especially on youngsters, with various games set up from virtual soccer with Playstations to fussball tables, from ‘precise shot’ to ‘hard shot’ competitions where prizes will be given out each day to the winners.
The fan zones will provide beverage and food areas as well and it will represent the focal point for fan, youth and families to enjoy the World Cup, watch their favourite teams, play and express their support the Qatar 2022 Bid throughout the tournament.

The Peninsula

Even though many people and cafe's have Aljazeera Sport Channel Subscriptions, they still went for the big public display.
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #727
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9701

What about our precious beer ???

'Cause a "FanZone" without beer/bitter/alcohol is not a real FanZone !!!!

parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #728
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

This Fan Zone is for the local community to learn more about football, world cup history and watch the 2010 world cup. (No Alcoholic drinks are needed). 2022 however wouldn't be the same, Alcoholic drinks would be served in certain areas, away from families.

And as you said, its "Your" precious beer.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #729
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9701

I know.. I was joking !!!
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #730
jandeczentar

Likes (Received): 1

I can't see the World Cup going to a country where alcohol is banned. Official sponsors like Budweiser wouldn't like that!
jandeczentar no está en línea  
Old June 12th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #731
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Alcohol is not banned, its served in bars, clubs and at hotels. Alcoholic drinks would be served in Fan zones i just said that in post #728 !!
Old June 12th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #732
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Oh and yes, The ARAB world is backing the bid.

ARAB MINISTERS BACK THE BID

Following a speech Qatar 2022 Bid CEO Hassan Al-Thawadi gave at the 33rd Conference of Arab Youth and Sports Ministers, the assembled ministers pledged their support for Qatar’s bid to become the first country in the Middle East to host the FIFA World Cup™.

In his speech, Al-Thawadi highlighted the many Arab successes in hosting international sporting competitions, singling out Saudi Arabia for its role in creating the tournament that eventually became the FIFA Confederations Cup™. The tournament began in 1992 as the King Fahd Cup, bringing together the champion from each continent with the winner of the previous FIFA World Cup™ and the host nation. The FIFA Confederations Cup™ is now played the year before the FIFA World Cup™, and is considered a dress rehearsal for the big tournament.

Al-Thawadi also mentioned the many Arab sides that have competed in the FIFA World Cup™, stretching back to Tunisia’s appearance in Argentina in 1978. That year, the Eagles of Carthage, as the Tunisian side is called, became the first African team to win a World Cup match, beating Mexico 3-1 in their first appearance. It is surely a testament to the rapid growth of football in Africa that this year, just 32 short years after that victory brought glory to the whole African continent, the FIFA World Cup™ will be held in Africa for the first time.

Qatar aims to be the first country in the Middle East to host the tournament. Al-Thawadi was not shy in outlining the benefits that would accrue to the Arab world if it hosts the FIFA World Cup™. Football, already tremendously popular in the region, would receive a boost, both by capturing new audiences and in increasing the level of competition. The tournament would be a boon for the region’s economies, focusing the world’s attention on their potential, and bringing millions of tourists to the region, most for the first time.

Many have wondered how a small state like Qatar could be so audacious as to think that it could host such a huge tournament. The Arab ministers’ enthusiastic support for the bid, and the tremendous outpouring of support from Arab publics, should render those doubts obsolete. We are bidding for Qatar, to be sure, but also for the many Arabs eager to see the tournament in their region for the first time, and for the new generations that will be coming of age in the years leading up to 2022.
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #733
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Quote:
Many have wondered how a small state like Qatar could be so audacious as to think that it could host such a huge tournament. The Arab ministers’ enthusiastic support for the bid, and the tremendous outpouring of support from Arab publics, should render those doubts obsolete.
Well, that's ok then.

Guys, no need to worry about stadiums, population, legacy, security or cost, because the Arab Ministers have spoken. Our doubts have been rendered obsolete.

It's great that you're getting support from your region obviously, but that paragraph made me laugh.
RobH no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:35 AM   #734
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

all cost's would definitely be paid (overflow of money ?), security ? seriously ? when was the last time we had a terrorist attack ? Stadiums are good enough what more do you want seriously ? and it comes with cooling to avoid the heat....
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #735
RobH

Likes (Received): 10327

Nevermind QS333. I'm sure I'm not the only one who found that paragraph amusing though.
RobH no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:27 AM   #736
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

^

I did.

You may not have had terrorists attacks but it's your proximity to regions that do that scare me. :/

Aswell as that why should a country that give large penalties to gay people get the tournament? Or why would we want to go to a country that is so close to other countries that serve idiotic penalties for things that are aceepted in our countries?
Solopop no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:52 AM   #737
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

How can you even think Qatar is large enough to host this event? Your capital is smaller than nearly 3/5 of Australia's proposed host cities. I just really don't see how Qatar would cope. I guess they could get some 'help' from neighboring countries.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:28 AM   #738
kosova-fener
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

there are alot of haters out there. the only reason why they hating on qatar is because its a muslim country that is so tiny that is prospering more than their huge shitty country. go qatar i hope you win, although i think you should have made a joint bid with UAE. would have loved to see games in 3 great metropolitan cities(Dubai, Doha, and Abu Dhabi)
kosova-fener no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosova-fener View Post
there are alot of haters out there. the only reason why they hating on qatar is because its a muslim country that is so tiny that is prospering more than their huge shitty country. go qatar i hope you win, although i think you should have made a joint bid with UAE. would have loved to see games in 3 great metropolitan cities(Dubai, Doha, and Abu Dhabi)
Agreed
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #740
NavyBlue
Under Construction

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosova-fener View Post
Interesting you describe people that criticize the Qatari bid as anti-muslim yet you don't hold out much hope yourself.

I and many others agree with you though that a joint UAE bid would have been a lot stronger.

Last edited by NavyBlue; June 13th, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
NavyBlue no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022