daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #741
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosova-fener View Post
there are alot of haters out there. the only reason why they hating on qatar is because its a muslim country that is so tiny that is prospering more than their huge shitty country. go qatar i hope you win, although i think you should have made a joint bid with UAE. would have loved to see games in 3 great metropolitan cities(Dubai, Doha, and Abu Dhabi)
of course we noticed this long time ago and we ignore them.

Japan and Australia withdrawal of 2018 to focuses only on 2022 and this confirms the view of Qatar vision from the outset when they bid only on 2022 and this not strange of country head the Asian Federation and have vote of 24 executive committee members and supported by 54 countries include Brazil (Fifa 1st Ranked) and both the Islamic and Arabic world.
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #742
FlyingDutchman

Likes (Received): 272

Come on guys, I wish you the best luck. But to be honest I don't think you stand a chance. I agree, some people are really trolling, but most post are just real.

Seriously, it's great that you are so supportive and have people who support you, but every bid has that. I guess most countries who bid for 2018/2022 aswell don't even know Qatar has made a bid.

Offcourse it's your right to bid, and once again good luck.
But I really don't understand why you guys keep calling everyone racists, anti-muslim, muslim haters, when people are honest and say you have little (or no) chance.
FlyingDutchman no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #743
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
Come on guys, I wish you the best luck. But to be honest I don't think you stand a chance. I agree, some people are really trolling, but most post are just real.

Seriously, it's great that you are so supportive and have people who support you, but every bid has that. I guess most countries who bid for 2018/2022 aswell don't even know Qatar has made a bid.

Offcourse it's your right to bid, and once again good luck.
But I really don't understand why you guys keep calling everyone racists, anti-muslim, muslim haters, when people are honest and say you have little (or no) chance.
well I will tell you a story and I hope you understand it as the Qatari learned much of it, the Qataris never think to bid on world cup till South Africa won the bid of 2010 against country like Morocco !! which has better history in football , human rights , Infrastructure and many reasons but South Africa won it and we will not said because Morocco Islamic country ! we will say because South Africa played on RP (Public Relations) and this is what the Qataris learned well and play on it we are very strong in RP plus we are heading AFC with a vote and this what give our tiny country success to host major events and success on the world stage.
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #744
hangman

Likes (Received): 5

You havent hosted major events yet. You havent even hosted an olympics, a smaller event than the world cup. The asian games/cup do not compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
and supported by 54 countries include Brazil (Fifa 1st Ranked) and both the Islamic and Arabic world.
say, isnt indonesia the biggest muslim country around these days?

Indonesia supports Australia's 2022 bid
hangman no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #745
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2761

Quote:
well I will tell you a story and I hope you understand it as the Qatari learned much of it, the Qataris never think to bid on world cup till South Africa won the bid of 2010 against country like Morocco !! which has better history in football , human rights , Infrastructure and many reasons but South Africa won it and we will not said because Morocco Islamic country !
Well then your sheesha has been laced. The wrongs of the Apartheid regime are nearing twenty years old and it was a completely different government. If anything the reconciliation and new political dynamic is something to be rewarded not to be scorned. Meanwhile Morocco still primary has a benign dictatorship that isn't exactly exemplary on minority rights, both ethnic and religious.

The infrastructure in South Africa is often considered (and probably rightly) to be probably the best in all of Africa. If it isn't the best it is well near the top with relatively minor differences separating the top tier.

Perhaps Morocco has a slightly better history in football but the difference is marginal and more mirror each other then distinguish from one another. Highest ranking for SA is #16 in '96. Now it is #83. Morocco's highest was #10 in '98 and is now at #70. Again, rather marginal differences.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/ass...r=m/index.html
http://www.fifa.com/associations/ass...r=m/index.html

BTW, I suggest you do away with the paranoid religious siege mentality

Last edited by nomarandlee; June 13th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
nomarandlee no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #746
FlyingDutchman

Likes (Received): 272

I understand that, my country has made a bid as well (the Netherlands have a combined bid with Belgium for 2018/2022) and I don't think we have a big chance aswell. But there is a big difference in the South Africa bid and your bid to be honest.

South Africa is a big country with a big population, and it has big cities. A WC in South Africa is a great thing and they believed it would help the poverty and it would be good for the differences between black and white people. And to be really honest with you, I don't think Morocco is much more cilivised as South Africa.

You are bidding against countries like England, USA, Australia, Russia etc. The difference is much bigger then between South Africa and Morocco.

I think you don't have much benefits to get the WC except for money. But then again, good luck.
My point was just that people shouldn't blame racisme or muslim-hating when there are negative posts about this bid, because to be honest, they are right.
FlyingDutchman no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #747
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosova-fener View Post
there are alot of haters out there. the only reason why they hating on qatar is because its a muslim country that is so tiny that is prospering more than their huge shitty country.
Perhaps you should read the thread rather than spouting bullshit. People have criticised this bid because of the legacy, the population, the logistics, the hotels.

Islam has **** all to do with it. Either stay on topic or go away.
RobH no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #748
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Perhaps you should read the thread rather than spouting bullshit. People have criticised this bid because of the legacy, the population, the logistics, the hotels.

lol where you want him to go ?

Quote:
the population, the logistics, the hotels.
well it is non of your bussines and we dont wating your vote we are wating our member vote and the other 23 fifa members.
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #749
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:

Why are you so upset !!! .......

Of course Islam has to do with it, In Islam we are prohibited to drink,buy,sell,transport,produce,assist in production,in-possession-of or near Alcoholic drinks... now these rules have been relaxed to some extent, but now we are talking about having it in fan zones... not in the grounds... the football stadiums will have a Family-Oriented environment to avoid unwanted "scenes".

"People have criticised this bid because of the legacy, the population, the logistics, the hotels."
What about them, Qatar keeps on building hotels, and even more will be built if Qatar gets 2022, Population ? the low population means more chance for foreign fans to go to match's and means more space also means more control over the locals encase something happens, adds to the security, since crime rates are low and riot's/fights don't even exist in this country. Legacy, Qatar launched Generation amazing, which is aiming at creating a new generation of footballers not just in Qatar but in other countries. The stadiums will be downgraded to suit local needs after the world cup. but several stadiums will stay as they are including Lusail 80K & Khalifa 70K. Logistics.... we will have Railway and a National metro system in addition to a world-class Highway/expressway system And a world-class international airport, in addition to a new huge sea port.

---
BTW, Neighboring GCC countries would help the bid indirectly as well due to fans using airports in Bahrain, Abudhabi, Dubai international and Dubai World Central airport. They the could use the GCC Rail Network to easily get to Qatar.

The small size of the country is in favor of the Fans and the National football teams, fans have more options on transport and short distances between stadiums and accommodation.

Eco-friendly and energy efficient cooling for the stadiums is the choice made by the officials, it will harness the suns energy and using for cooling the stadiums it would reduce the heat from 40 to 27 which is an ideal playing environment, matches would be played at sunset and at night to avoid sunlight and high day temperatures. When the stadiums is not in use the solar power will be connected to the national electricity grid so its not lost and its used. I wonder who they appointed to do all this work because he/she is really smart when it comes to ideas and solutions.

it will In sha2 Allah have a National metro by 2021 and will have a New Doha International Airport open by 2011, we will have Lusail National Stadium which is 80,000 seats, and Khalifa will become bigger to 70,000 seats instead of 50,000. with more stadiums 40,000 seats. we will have a new road network with ring roads and expressways to avoid high traffic and ease traffic flow, we will also introduce water taxi for connections to some stadiums.
A lot of malls are being built to offer places for fans to temporarily hang out, other than the entertainment and cultural areas. The high concentration of malls in Qatar means it can handle huge amounts of people and many restaurants to feed the millions that will come.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; June 13th, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #750
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post

Of course Islam has to do with it
He claimed the only reason we were criticising the bid was because it's a successful Muslim nation. That's a disgusting argument and I'm not having it on these forums.
RobH no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #751
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
He claimed the only reason we were criticising the bid was because it's a successful Muslim nation. That's a disgusting argument and I'm not having it on these forums.
OMG, not the Religious/Racist argument again......
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #752
RobH

I wasn't the one who brought it up, and I'm not the one who wants to talk about that sort of thing. I have been consistently talking about stadiums and logistics - the things which matter to FIFA. It was our Kosovan friend who, inexcusably, suggested those of us criticising the bid have ulterior motives.
RobH no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #753
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
well it is non of your bussines and we dont wating your vote we are wating our member vote and the other 23 fifa members.
Now there is a compelling argument.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #754
qatarson
BANNED

here some statistics from bid offical web sites for the countries sharing the bid 2022

Qatar

Australia

USA

Qatar popularity is roooock
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM   #755
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post

Of course Islam has to do with it, In Islam we are prohibited to drink,buy,sell,transport,produce,assist in production,in-possession-of or near Alcoholic drinks... now these rules have been relaxed to some extent, but now we are talking about having it in fan zones... not in the grounds... the football stadiums will have a Family-Oriented environment to avoid unwanted "scenes".
Wait, so would there not be beer sold in the actual stadiums? Could you buy a beer and take it to your seat?
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #756
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Qatar's Brand Ambassadors, would help the bid to be successful.

Pep Guardiola (Former Spanish international and current Barcelona coach. Played for Qatar's Al Ahli between 2003 and 2005.)

Bora Milutinovic (Serbian Coach who holds the record for coaching five different teams at the World Cup. Managed Qatar's Al Sadd in 2004 and 2005)

Gabriel Batistuta (Former Argentinian international. Played for Qatar's Al Arabi from 2003 to 2005)

Ronald de Boer (Ex-Dutch international. Played for Al Rayyan in 2004-2005 and Al Shamal in 2005-2008 in Qatar)

Badr Bilal (A member of the Qatar team which finished runners-up at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Australia in 1981. The entire team members are brand ambassadors.

Roger Milla (Former Cameroonian international)

Sami Al Jaber (Former Saudi Arabian international)
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #757
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Wait, so would there not be beer sold in the actual stadiums? Could you buy a beer and take it to your seat?
That would be a no-no, only in fan zones adjacent to the stadiums will alcholic drinks (in there forms..) will be sold publicly, but most likely fans wouldnt be able to take it into the stadium itself... i know its not good enough but thats the limit's, the stadiums will have a family-oriented environment, scenes like what i am watching now of the Slovenian fans in the world cup wouldn't be too common in the stadium, outside the stadium however is a diffrent story. trust me, a lot of laws will be relaxed for the world cup, liberalisation of policies.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #758
qatarson
BANNED

well I think you can drink it in the stadiums between the families and the kids but only when the woman will be abel to wear black mask in your country.

what kind of question is this !!! of course beer not allowed in every place and it is has nothing in fifa bid.

we hosted many of fifa events and next year we will host AFC Cup 2011 and beer not allowed in stadiums and most of the public places as smoking too and drugs and any thing else not allowed by Qatari law.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #759
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
well I think you can drink it in the stadiums between the families and the kids but only when the woman will be abel to wear black mask in your country.

what kind of question is this !!! of course beer not allowed in every place and it is has nothing in fifa bid.

we hosted many of fifa events and next year we will host AFC Cup 2011 and beer not allowed in stadiums and most of the public places as smoking too and drugs and any thing else not allowed by Qatari law.
Because we have football fun without the need of Alcoholic drinks, and so far i haven't seen any complaints from for such moves. but in 2022 it would be easier to get Alcoholic drinks.

-----

Arab Support again

Qatar's 2022 World cup bid has been further boosted by the support of the Arab Soccer Federation (ASF), which claimed that the country had the credentials to host the sport's showpiece event.
A statement by the ASF urged all football associations in the Arab world to stand by Qatar as it attempts to bring the World Cup to the Middle East for the first time in history.

Even the UAE football association has placed Qatar 2022 bid banner in its main website homepage.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #760
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
You can't take alcohol into a stadium in any FIFA sanctioned game. It was the same at Wembley for England's world cup qualifiers. That's not the issue. If the US wins 2022 there will be no alochol in the stadiums. FIFA rules.

The issue, if there is one, is what goes on outside the stadiums when fans aren't at games.
RobH no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022