daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #801
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Australia has not seat FIFA Executive Committee they cant even vote for their self lol
Qatar have seat and the head of Asian Federation that what is on ground
other members will vote for who have PR and seat and can vote for their bid files too
So you should get one vote? Good effort. I see you talking about 'PR' and Qatar's relations with other countries. How about Australia's relationship to the whole Commonwealth, and America for that matter. Also you could go so far as to say that Australia will get votes from European nations because of the fact that we withdrew from 2018 which leaves the path clear for a European nation to host. Don't keep talking about 'PR' because if it benefits you it would surely benefit Australia far greater.
Will737 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #802
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Historic, historic, new, fake, fake, new, new, fake, new, fake, fake and re-fake !!!!
I seriously don't know what your up to, stop acting like a troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
So you should get one vote? Good effort. I see you talking about 'PR' and Qatar's relations with other countries. How about Australia's relationship to the whole Commonwealth, and America for that matter. Also you could go so far as to say that Australia will get votes from European nations because of the fact that we withdrew from 2018 which leaves the path clear for a European nation to host. Don't keep talking about 'PR' because if it benefits you it would surely benefit Australia far greater.
You withdrew because FIFA seem to want the 2018 edition in Europe.....
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #803
Will737

As I said. I only made the point that because we withdrew (because FIFA asked us to) that Europe would surely get the world cup, which would make the reps from Europe more inclined to 'return the favor' to Australia.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #804
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
As I said. I only made the point that because we withdrew (because FIFA asked us to) that Europe would surely get the world cup, which would make the reps from Europe more inclined to 'return the favor' to Australia.
No they wouldn't, they would have to return the favor to Japan as well if this is the case, and possibly USA if it would withdraw too.
Old June 14th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #805
Will737

But Japan and USA had it recently so it wouldn't be logical to give it to them. Really the only two bids that should be considered heavily.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #806
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
No they wouldn't, they would have to return the favor to Japan as well if this is the case, and possibly USA if it would withdraw too.
I see Korea getting it before Japan, even if Korea merely put forward a bid as a revenge bid of sorts against Japan putting their hand up first.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #807
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Alkhor

A lovely city in north-eastern Qatar, historic with monuments all around the city and is being master planned and to renovate and renew the old structures in the city including an old police station which was renovated and turned into a Alkhor Museum. Alkhor stadium is near by with a wonderful view of the Arabian Gulf, There will be a Metro connection and the stadium will also be served with water taxi.

(Alkhor Downtown, part of Alkhor masterplan)
[IMG]http://i33.************/2s6qywx.jpg[/IMG]

(Al-Khor Masterplan)

(One of the numerous restored watch towers in the city)

(Al-Thakira Nature Reserve, have you wondered if such scenes are possible in a desert ? and its natural, this is very close to Alkhor)

(And of course our highly iconic Alkhor stadium)

(Alkhor Museum)

("Urjuan City" a massive extension to Alkhor is being constructed and it will have shopping malls, Traditional Souq's, Hotels, Gardens & 18-hole Golf.)

(Mall of Alkhor, being constructed right now, it will have cinemas as well)
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #808
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

AlWakrah City

This city used to be Qatar's capital, there are master plans to redevelop the city and make it into an iconic city in Qatar, the heritage area's will be renovated right next to the sea and the waterfront will be renewed in addition to the new Wakarah sport complex which include Al-Wakrah Stadium part of the masterplan, it will be built regardless of hosting the World Cup.

(Wakrah Masterplan)

(Wakrah's Old area, set to turn into a tourist magnet)

(Wakrah Mall, one of the numerous developments in Wakrah)

(Alwakrah Sports complex, an oasis in the desert, It includes the Main Stadium, a multi purpose hall, an Olympic sized Swimming pool and a Shopping Mall.)

Old June 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #809
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Khalifa International Stadium

Now 50,000, for Qatar 2022 World Cup it will be 70,000 and most probably have an identical roof on the easter side.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

(The Stadium Before 2005 renovation for the 2006 Asian Games)
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #810
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Qatar SC Stadium

Its currently 20,000 Seats, most probably its going to become 40-45 K stadium for the World cup, it will have connections to the National Metro Network.

Old June 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #811
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
we withdrew from 2018.
hahahah your country withdrew from 2018 coz they dont have chance anymore.

Japan and Korea withdrew also from 2018 lol

but focuse on this (Qatar never bid on 2018) do you know why ?
back to posts in this topic and you will find reason

we arelady have strong PR with Fifa members that why is our (tiny) country heading the Federation which your country is just normal member in it and with no PR and no seat.

and of course America member will vote for his country bid not ur country bid lol

so no there any confirmed country have seat in Fifa executive committee declared or even supported your country bid even England never declared or supported your country and in other hand they did many times to Qatar and have agreement with them coz Qatar member will vote for England 2018 and they will vote for Qatar 2022.

that is what on ground it is PR between Fifa executive committee members and your country have nothing to do between them and now is only PR work on the tabel

Last edited by qatarson; June 14th, 2010 at 04:00 PM.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #812
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Al-Rayyan Stadium

During the FIFA World Cup™ the stadium will hold 44,740 fans. The existing lower tier has 21,282 seats while a modular upper tier will have 23,458 seats. Roofing elements will be added so that all seats are covered.
The stadium includes a “media façade” with the capacity to project other football matches, news and advertisements onto the outside of the stadium.
Fans will be able to arrive by train and car.

(The Stadium now)
image hosted on flickr

(The Stadium After Renovation)
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Al-Gharrafa Stadium

During the FIFA World Cup™ the stadium will hold 44,740 fans. The existing lower tier has 21,175 seats while a modular upper tier will have 23,565 seats. Roofing elements will be added so that all seats are covered.
Fans will reach by Metro, Buses etc.

(The Stadium Now)

(After Renovation)
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old June 14th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #813
Tubeman
Jubilation

Likes (Received): 3254

solopop, hangman, stop trolling this thread. Keep discussion to the Qatar bid please
Tubeman no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #814
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Education City

Education City, officially started operations in 2003, Its home for many universities including Virginia commonwealth, Weill Cornell, Texas A & M and more including broadcasting Al-Jazeera Childrens channel. It has got its own master plan, the city has become multipurpose it will in the future have a golf course, a mall, a hotel, a national library, a convention center and of course Education City sports complex.

(The Masterplan, it has been edited to include a Metro station, a rail station and more.)

(Open Ceremonial Courtyard)

(Barwa Ur Street, Education City, Retail-Hotel)

(Museum of modern Arab art)

(Sidra Medical and Research Center)

(Quranic Botanical Gardens)

(Convention Center)

(Al Shaqab Stud, will host equestrian events in case Doha Gets 2020 Olympics)

(Education city central library)

(Qatar Science and Technology Park)

image hosted on flickr

As you could tell, theis area would become full of Icons for this Nation, and the Education city sport complex (and stadium) would be a welcome edition to this masterpiece city.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; June 15th, 2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #815
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

I saw somewhere that there are 13-14 stadiums for this World Cup bid....

Al-Shamal
Al-Khor
Lusail National Stadium
Qatar SC Stadium
Doha Port
Al-Gharrafa
Al-Rayyan
Education City Stadium
Al-Wakrah
Khalifa International Stadium
Umm Salal ?????
The Wall ????
Smeismah ???
Messied ????
Old June 15th, 2010, 02:17 PM   #816
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

One of the newest promotional clips on Al-Jazeera Sport channels for the Qatar 2022 Bid.

The English version
Old June 15th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #817
Will737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Al-Rayyan Stadium

During the FIFA World Cup™ the stadium will hold 44,740 fans. The existing lower tier has 21,282 seats while a modular upper tier will have 23,458 seats. Roofing elements will be added so that all seats are covered.
The stadium includes a “media façade” with the capacity to project other football matches, news and advertisements onto the outside of the stadium.
Fans will be able to arrive by train and car.

(

(The Stadium After Renovation)
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

As much as I want Australia to win, that would be pretty friggin sweet. If you can't get inside just watch it outside! If Qatar does get it they'd better build it like that.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #818
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
As much as I want Australia to win, that would be pretty friggin sweet. If you can't get inside just watch it outside! If Qatar does get it they'd better build it like that.
The first 5 stadiums animations.

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #819
DenilsonUK

Likes (Received): 2

Looks good.

What's with all the malls, though?
DenilsonUK no está en línea  
Old June 15th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #820
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenilsonUK View Post
Looks good.

What's with all the malls, though?
I remmember some one asking how/what/where will 1 a million+ fans eat ? How will we feed them ? I think Qatar's "far too many" malls would not be a problem... its not like we have malnutrition in this country

BTW, since the World Cup would be held at this time of the year, and the games will be held at sunset/night the weather at that time is "livable" and you could go walking on the streets, but we will have carbon-neutral energy efficient technologies to cool the stadiums, fan zones and training pitches to 27 degrees... I can say the worst thing here is the sun.

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; June 15th, 2010 at 05:35 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022