daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #841
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
Qatar Son 333, I think we all just will just have to agree to disagree that you understand how big this is for a large country, in size and population, let alone a country of what is 1 major city.

You will not listen so I will leave you to your dream of a Qatari WC in 2022. Dare to dream!
If you go back in this thread i clearly showed that i don't mind receiving doubts, just as i know my country properly, you know yours as well. So why not utilise this opportunity ?
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #842
Dubaiiscool:)

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Qatar Son 333, I think we all just will just have to agree to disagree that you understand how big this is for a large country, in size and population, let alone a country of what is 1 major city.

You will not listen so I will leave you to your dream of a Qatari WC in 2022. Dare to dream!
It's not a dream and it is not just his wish.
Dubaiiscool:) no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM   #843
matts67

Likes (Received): 3

Well, I think, and that's my opinion, that if Qatar has any chances (I said "if") it will only be for 2022. 2018 will be in Europe, I can't see FIFA having no WC in Europe for 16 years in a Row...
But, be honest, the major issue there is "Can a country slighlty bigger than Luxemburg host a WC finals on its own?" How can the construction of 10+ 50000 seater stadiums be sustainable in a country with ca. 1 000 000 inhabitants?
It is not a matter of hate, fear of terrorism/security issues or anything like that (at least not IMO). Would Luxemburg, Wales or Estonia bid on its own, I would say the same...
I think the world cup has to go everywhere, cause football is universal. But, one advice: If you fail, make a join bid with UAE for 2026....
matts67 no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #844
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

We might not have centuries worth of sporting history, but at least we have something, the history of Qatar football dates back to the late 1940's, Oil workers brought the game here ans it soon caught the imagination of the local men, despite the country possessing a tiny population. The growth of the game in Qatar has been amazing. Sport disciplines like horesracing, falconry and dhow boat sailing have all been a strong presence in the country, but football emerged as the most popular sport within no time.

The first club was Al Najah, was launched in 1950 while the first major tournament was organised in Dukhan a year later.
The Qatar League was started in the 1963-1964 season and a lot of professional players have enriched the competition over the years.
The Qatar Football Association was formed in 1960 and officially recognised by FIFA in 1972. The country has made its first international debut the same year against Bahrain.

Five major domestic competitions held annually are the Sheikh Jassim Cup, Qatar Stars League, Qatar Stars Cup, Heir Apparent's Cup and the Emir's Cup.

Qatar hosted the 1988 Asian Cup, 1995 U-20 World Cup, Gulf Cup (1976, 1992 & 2004) and Arab Nations Cup 1998.

In addition, Doha 2006 Asian Games, Doha 2005 West Asian Games, Annual MotoGP grand prix, Qatar Open, ladies ITF, Sony Ericsson Championships, Oryx Cup (HI unlimited)

Future host of AFC Asian cup 2011, Pan Arab Games 2011, Asian Indoor-Martial Arts Games 2013.

Bidding for the Doha 2020 Olympics & Qatar 2022 World Cup.
Old June 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #845
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts67 View Post
Well, I think, and that's my opinion, that if Qatar has any chances (I said "if") it will only be for 2022. 2018 will be in Europe, I can't see FIFA having no WC in Europe for 16 years in a Row...
But, be honest, the major issue there is "Can a country slighlty bigger than Luxemburg host a WC finals on its own?" How can the construction of 10+ 50000 seater stadiums be sustainable in a country with ca. 1 000 000 inhabitants?
It is not a matter of hate, fear of terrorism/security issues or anything like that (at least not IMO). Would Luxemburg, Wales or Estonia bid on its own, I would say the same...
I think the world cup has to go everywhere, cause football is universal. But, one advice: If you fail, make a join bid with UAE for 2026....
Since the announcement of the bid Qatar has only aimed at 2022, never said anything about 2018, they knew it was going for a European Nation.

Stadiums such as Lusail National Stadium (86,000) and Khalifa International (70,000) are the proposed "big" stadiums, The use of semi-modular stadiums will ensure that they do not exist as white elephants after the World Cup. Some of the modular tiers will be dismantled and given to developing countries looking to renovate their sports infrastructure, This will be one of the legacies left by the World Cup in Qatar.
Old June 16th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #846
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Adverts are all over the streets

Last edited by Qatar Son 333; June 16th, 2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old June 16th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #847
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubaiiscool:) View Post
It's not a dream and it is not just his wish.
2010's Dream, 2022's Reality.

Old June 16th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #848
qatarson
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
lol it is not his dream it is your nightmare becouse the fact Qatar bid is offical and stronge with huge support around world and public realtions include their vote in FIFA executive committee.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #849
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9705

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizicki neradnik View Post
In every other bid on this forum its usually people from the biding country that ask the most questions and that are criticizing bad things from the bid..
Good point !

I'd say, if both Qatar( )sons objectively show me a single negative point of their bid, then, I will take them seriously, 'cause till now their posts sound more as a kind of propaganda to me !
parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #850
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Good point !

I'd say, if both Qatar( )sons objectively show me a single negative point of their bid, then, I will take them seriously, 'cause till now their posts sound more as a kind of propaganda to me !
well Im sure no one of us care if you ( take us seriously or not ) and we are not subject for you in anyway so if you have some thing related to the topic post it and don't talk about us. we are here updating the topic by latest news and articles related to Qatar bid.
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:03 PM   #851
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Again, I'm so disappointed by your answer... My question wasn't "aggressive" nor "anti-Qatari" you know....

Let me begin about France:

Albertville '92 games were... well.... the opening ceremony was weird... (despite it is known today as a must-see for most people around the world, myself excluded)

France '98 WC was great.... but most of our stadiums were crappy
France 2016, is a great victory for our stadium infrastructures.... but I hate (as taxpayer) some of their fundings....
etc

P.S. Now, do you understand what we meant.... NONE country/bid/candidacy is perfect..... (Qatar and/or Doha included)...
so..I'm still waiting...

Last edited by parcdesprinces; June 16th, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old June 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM   #852
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
so..I'm still waiting...
I am afraid you will wait for a while, i can't see directly the negatives for this bid, it has been studied really well. It goes even more complex with the Doha 2020 Olympic bid involved.....

Heat (Stadiums, Fan zones and pitches will be cooled)
Transport (Nation wide metro network, International scale new airport & highways, availability of taxi's and buses)
Accomodation (World class hotels being constructed all the time, with a world cup/olympics many more will be built and if needed a "village" could be constructed and turned into a residential area after the event.)

One of the points i wasn't sure about is attendance... but thank god for a "football crazy" nation next to us (Saudi Arabia).
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #853
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

OK, since you obviously don't want to answer me (at least objectively, and except "our bid is perfect") ...

..I'm going to help you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
but thank god for a "football crazy" nation next to us (Saudi Arabia).
I'm sure, for example, that those "football crazy" fans will enjoy this :
Quote:

P.S I can't wait to see Saudi girls/cheerleaders/supporters/fans like these ones....
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #854
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

parcdesprinces, you don't believe seriously that thats what "sports" is all about, we might not have the festive samba culture of Brazil or any other country but we still love sports, you don't have to have girls and cheer leaders to prove that your good in sports... scenes like that would be possible, but they will be the foreign fans (European, South American etc). and didn't these "ladies in mini skirts" get jailed

@Everyone,I don't mind criticism of the bid, every bid gets that. If you have questions i am willing to answer them if possible, and thats what i have been doing so far, I need you to point out what "you" think is a weak part in this bid. its 2:39 Am here so good night for now....
Old June 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #855
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
parcdesprinces, you don't believe seriously that thats what "sports" is all about, we might not have the festive samba culture of Brazil or any other country but we still love sports, you don't have to have girls and cheer leaders to prove that your good in sports... scenes like that would be possible, but they will be the foreign fans (European, South American etc). and didn't these "ladies in mini skirts" get jailed

@Everyone,I don't mind criticism of the bid, every bid gets that. If you have questions i am willing to answer them if possible, and thats what i have been doing so far, I need you to point out what "you" think is a weak part in this bid. its 2:39 Am here so good night for now....
There is no point asking questions man, as the only responses back are blinded by nationalism. We have all asked serious questions and are yet to receive any unbiased responses. None of the questions are anti-arab or anti-Qatari but all have serious concerns about the bid. In all reality, for all your cheerleading, the heat issue is not going to be solved by air conditioned outdoor stadiums during daytime conditions, which atleast a couple of games will be played in. Add to that, FIFA has rules about how many stadiums should be located in each city. Doha hasts nearly all of them. FIFA do not want a compact event or else they would be given to one city, not a country.

They are not small concerns, they are massive hurdles. We have heard every accusation for Qatari members on here about it being racism if Qatar do not get the event, through to remarks about other countries as retaliation for asking serious questions.

Of course Qatar has a right to bid and its great to see the amount of effort going in, including from its cheerleaders on here, but it gives no right to try and bring in childish responses to the discussion.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #856
jacoboy7

Quote:
Qatar 2022 is set to be a completely new type of World Cup, A Family-Oriented, Micro World Cup. A colorful clash between East & West, New Iconic Stadiums will create lasting legacies for local communities. Using green carbon-neutral energy efficient cooling technologies will comfort fans to a 27 degree temperature. Promoting a new understanding of the Middle Eastern culture and eliminating common misconceptions and stereotypes.
___
How will Qatar 2022 make it family orientated?
(Not a mock, a actual question)
With its expensive hotels all made out of gold in the middle of the desert?
(That was a mock xD)

___
When you say micro world cup...what are you referring to? You boast the best of everything yet your making it on a small scale or what?
Why would FIFA want a small world cup...

___
The Clash between West and East is fair enough, as long as the clashings don't include weapons xD
Though creating legacies for local communities? What legacies? Giants stadiums that will have 1/10th the capacity within them...just being a waste of resources...

___
At least your putting some of the money you got to good use. Except most of it is creating a wonderland that is wasteful and basically useless to the rest of the world...and is just being used by a handful of people for their pride...
Yes I love your elegant streets, but what really annoys me is that all that money is going towards useless things...I would of much rather places like Africa or even India, to have hit black gold...those places need the money to actually feed their citizens...Not create cities just for the rich.
But yeah congrats on being lucky.

___
Only thing I completely agree with.

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #857
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
FIFA do not want a compact event or else they would be given to one city, not a country.
Fifa members want to see the worldcup in middle east and Arab world for first time as they saw it now in Africa and there many articles been posted here about fifa members supporting Qatar bid.
Old June 17th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #858
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Fifa members want to see the worldcup in middle east and Arab world for first time as they saw it now in Africa and there many articles been posted here about fifa members supporting Qatar bid.
Once again you completely miss the points raised. FIFA would love a WC all over the globe, but only ones that can handle it, using their own stingent requirements. Why should FIFA change their own rules for a Qatar WC?

Make a joint bid with the UAE and you might be onto a winner. I would love an arab WC, but this one is not the way to go.

Btw, where is this FIFA support you keep bringing up? FIFA have said the same things to every bidder and if you are referring to Sepp Blatter, he admitted he says the same things to everyone. Please stop referring to it. He can not be seen to be shutting out any part of the football world and thats why he says it.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #859
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoboy7 View Post
___what really annoys me is that all that money is going towards useless things...I would of much rather places like Africa or even India, to have hit black gold...those places need the money to actually feed their citizens...Not create cities just for the rich.
But yeah congrats on being lucky.

___
Only thing I completely agree with.
what kind of posts this ?? it is easily can show how you think and many people about our country, if you dont know about some thing the wise not to speak about it or people will get negative impression about you, our country was poor than Africa and our grand fathers wasn't have oil and they dig in rocks & dive in sea to make this country and we are not rich because we have Oil or Gas there many world countries have these things and they are consider poor countries or rich but their citizens is poor ! our country invested in human and education, science, health, international investments and now making profits of their investments more than what we make of Oil & Gas.

our tiny country changed many concepts include the powerful isn't the size or weapons or population the power that you have to invest in human, peace, education, science, health and public relations so with these rules we becomes from tiny country to a country changing the world and not in (sport) only but in many fields include education cities we built around world and funding poor countries and rebuild destroyed cities in world countries and provide it with electricity & facilities and we help between the parties in wars or dispute as we did and recently we are asking UN to making new force for disasters and we will fund it and support it. (source)

Right the Qatari citizen consider the richest in world and no tax payer here but this wasn't happen if we dont have smart government and well educated population planing for future and use science to improve all fields include what we are now talking about (the sport) and worldcup is part of plan to improve this sector around the world and after we done of worldcup we will distribute all stadiums seats we dont need (170,000) seat to poor countries in Asia & Africa.(source)

we opened our education cities to students from all world countries to learning in our universities for free and we investing billions in scientific research and medical and soon we will send scientific flights to the space from our space city and we will never stop at our size or our population number since we are know what we want and how we can do it.

so with Qatar bid you expect amazing.
Old June 17th, 2010, 09:15 AM   #860
qatarson
BANNED

Quote:
Once again you completely miss the points raised. FIFA would love a WC all over the globe, but only ones that can handle it, using their own stingent requirements. Why should FIFA change their own rules for a Qatar WC?

Make a joint bid with the UAE and you might be onto a winner. I would love an arab WC, but this one is not the way to go.

Btw, where is this FIFA support you keep bringing up? FIFA have said the same things to every bidder and if you are referring to Sepp Blatter, he admitted he says the same things to everyone. Please stop referring to it. He can not be seen to be shutting out any part of the football world and thats why he says it.
my previous post also answer your question plus Qatar the head of Asia Federation for the second time in a row and if you not know what this mean I can explain it for you and how happen.

plus I can provide you an articles from Australian newspapers talking about Australia low chances against Qatar bid, I do not want to speak about your file but I knew our bid very well and how stronge it is even we didn't win it.

Last edited by qatarson; June 17th, 2010 at 09:23 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022