daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #881
qatarson
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
I bring it up as a reason to understand why people are frustrated when reading all the responses to their questions. That is the kind of answers we here.



Well its a small place afterall, so I a guessing that it can happen very easily

Al-Jazeera is a decent channel, but really does not focus on Qatari issues to the outside world from all the times I have seen it. If they do, they are positive reports. The reasons for that are open to interpretation.
well there always are priorities and Al-Jazeera focus on brute forces of evil and the raging others land
qatarson no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #882
Melb_aviator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,208
Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
Nonsense and non of your business to talk personally about me do you understand ? and we dont care about what you say about our file so stop annoy and parasitism us.
Who did I talk about????? If you think you are scaring me and everyone else it really is not acceptable. This is the kind of reactions we get. This is a discussion and if you are taking questions about your bid personally, then step away and take a breath.

We are here to discuss your bid and not everything you read you will accept. Its life and freedom of speech. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to respond.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #883
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavstar00 View Post
Qatar Son, I think Jacoboy's point about you not being a sporting country is made when comparing Qatar against other countries in the world.

From the above list it's clear that the massive strides your government made in improving sporting infrastructure in your country has paid off for you as a country. However, look at the list again - it's literally 5 years old! It also begs the question, "Who was Qatar competing against when they bid for the above tournaments?" You've got to admit, your countries massive wealth ensures that it gives you healthy advantage over other countries, but if i'm honest there is a gigantic difference between hosting the Asian Football Cup and hosting the actual World Cup.

I think Jacoboy's point is this has all come very recently to you as a country and I personally think you are some way off getting your own sporting teams to international level, particularly the likes of the World Cup etc. Just because you have the money alone to host the World Cup does not mean you will get it by any stretch of the imagination.

If you look at all the other countries who have hosted the World Cup, there is a sense of history behind the vast majority of hosts where teams have either competed at the highest level or, indeed, have won it. South Africa is probably one you can throw back but that is as much for the entire footballing mad continent as it is for SA alone. Japan/Korea is another but look at the benefits that both countries and indeed the region took out of it.

In fairness, if you were to win the bid, I'd have absolutely no doubt you could deliver on it in terms of stadia and infrastructure but I, personally, would find such a decision by FIFA as money overruling any common sense. The idea that the Gulf nations combine to host a World Cup is a far better idea as it sees far more people benefit from one of the Worlds greatest tournaments.

I know you have your own opinion on it, and its great to see so many Qatari's getting so excited about it, but its only my own two cents thrown in to the debate
I accept your point of view, The money build's up Stadiums, Arenas and Sport academies, but it also encourages programs to build up the future youth into a sporting youth. I think there is high possibility of this bid due to strong PR. The bid is willing to host a Family-Oriented compact World Cup, certainly a unique edition. (Your 2 cents )

Take note we hosted U-20 World Cup in 1995 and 1988 Asian Cup.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #884
qatarson
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
Who did I talk about????? If you think you are scaring me and everyone else it really is not acceptable. This is the kind of reactions we get. This is a discussion and if you are taking questions about your bid personally, then step away and take a breath.

We are here to discuss your bid and not everything you read you will accept. Its life and freedom of speech. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to respond.
you indicated to me more than one time in personally way and rely annoy here all by type silly things and far away from what we are do and what you want with some guys is to stop us from updating our topic !!

and when you mention that I have porpaganda it was clear who is doing this and why he do it here in our topic so keep your accusation for your self because we are in our topic and we never do porpaganda in other bid topics as you do.

do you see the difference !
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #885
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Al-Jazeera Sports has proved itself to be on the top of the sport-channel monopoly in the Middle east and North Africa region, Their exclusive rights to broadcast the World Cup 2010 and 2014 and many other European leagues has gained it a lot of respect.
The sport channels are 1,2,+1,+2,+4,+5,+6,+7,+8,+9,+10,HD1,HD2,3D,Clubs,Global and the world cup channel.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #886
Melb_aviator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,208
Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
you indicated to me more than one time in personally way and rely annoy here all by type silly things and far away from what we are do and what you what with some guys like is to stop us from updating our topic !!

and when you mention that I have porpaganda it was clear who is doing this and why he do it here in our topic so keep your accusation for your self because we are in our topic and when never do porpaganda in other bid topics as you do.
Its all a matter of interpretation. If people ask questions, answer them, not attack them.

We all discuss in each others threads, as we want to see what the bids include. Everyone has an opinion.

If you read mine and everyone elses threads we ask questions, we critisise our own bids and try and discuss what is going on. How that is propoganda I would never know. You must have a different understanding of the word than I. I even go as far as saying the US is favourite to win. I do not sit here and say Australia is bound to win, has a given right to it or is overall the strongest bid. It has its good and bad parts. I understand that totally.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #887
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body
 
nomarandlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 1060 W. Addison, City by the Lake
Posts: 7,209
Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Well we need master planned cities to control unwanted overgrowth, and besides, did you see the GDP per capita for this country ? one of the highest in the world if not "the highest" .
That makes me think, what will these people who actually build the stadiums and other amenities for the cup be paid?

If Qatar is flush with money and everyone else is making good salaries should the construction workers who actually plan to build your spectacle get Qatar-esque wages or will they continue being paid a pittance? How do you think FIFA would deal with any potential fallout from such a vast salary disparity?
__________________
Stephane Charbonnier, “I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.”
nomarandlee no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #888
qatarson
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
Its all a matter of interpretation. If people ask questions, answer them, not attack them.

We all discuss in each others threads, as we want to see what the bids include. Everyone has an opinion.

If you read mine and everyone elses threads we ask questions, we critisise our own bids and try and discuss what is going on. How that is propoganda I would never know. You must have a different understanding of the word than I. I even go as far as saying the US is favourite to win. I do not sit here and say Australia is bound to win, has a given right to it or is overall the strongest bid. It has its good and bad parts. I understand that totally.
when you discuss like other people you always will find who answer you, but when you go far and talking personally about them as you did in your previous posts you will get their ignored.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #889
Melb_aviator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,208
Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
That makes me think, what will these people who actually build the stadiums and other amenities for the cup be paid?

If Qatar is flush with money and everyone else is making good salaries should the construction workers who actually plan to build your spectacle get Qatar-esque wages or will they continue being paid a pittance? How do you think FIFA would deal with any potential fallout from such a vast salary disparity?
Oh you didn't just go there... damn ... its war

Will certainly be interesting how that is viewed, but not sure that will come into FIFA's minds at the time, until its too late. You see the issues Sth Africa had when the media came in and started focusing on everything from crime, to industrial relations, through to poverty and race relations in minute detail. Not sure Sth Africa were expecting that when they went for the bid, thinking it would all go great and be a tourism bonanza. It does not always turn out that way.

Australia should expect the same in regards to race relations, but this is expected as it has been brought up before, especially during the Olympics in 2000. Its all about how ready the population are ready for the focus on such things.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #890
Melb_aviator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,208
Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
when you discuss like other people you always will find who answer you, but when you go far and talking personally about them as you did in your previous posts you will get their ignored.
How did I go too far? It seems anything is too far.

Lighten up man.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #891
qatarson
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
That makes me think, what will these people who actually build the stadiums and other amenities for the cup be paid?

If Qatar is flush with money and everyone else is making good salaries should the construction workers who actually plan to build your spectacle get Qatar-esque wages or will they continue being paid a pittance? How do you think FIFA would deal with any potential fallout from such a vast salary disparity?
well this depand on German & Brazilian companies who will build it and if they didnt paid them good as the Qatar government paid these companies, Qatar can transfer this case to court not fifa.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #892
Melb_aviator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,208
Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
well this depand on German & Brazilian companies who will build it and if they didnt paid them good as the Qatar government paid these companies, Qatar can transfer this case to court not fifa.
Arent most buildings built by local companies? The architects might be from elsewhere, but the majority of the construction would be run by local firms. The issues in the past were not foreign firms but with govt linked groups in the UAE and in other GCC countries.

It is the issue being that huge amounts of foreign workforce are required, many of whom are paid much lower levels of pay. Its a hard one to overcome, as costs will skyrocket if wage parity is brought into place.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #893
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body
 
nomarandlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 1060 W. Addison, City by the Lake
Posts: 7,209
Likes (Received): 2762

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatarson View Post
well this depand on German & Brazilian companies who will build it and if they didnt paid them good as the Qatar government paid these companies, Qatar can transfer this case to court not fifa.
I dare a guess and say that the Qatar government would have some say of how well such workers are compensated. Or you do you think we are naive?
__________________
Stephane Charbonnier, “I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.”
nomarandlee no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #894
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post

Doha West Asian Games 2005 ? Doha Asian Games 2006 ? IHF Super Globe 2010 ? FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2010 ? IAAF World Indoor Championship 2010 ? GCC Olympic Teams Championship 2010 ? Doha Pan Arab Games 2011 ? Qatar Asian Football Cup 2011 ? Doha Asian Indoor/Martial Arts Games 2013 ?
That's all great and stuff for leading up to things but they are events on a much smalled scale. The WC is the worlds Largest Tournament. And they are very central to only a region not a world.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #895
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
That makes me think, what will these people who actually build the stadiums and other amenities for the cup be paid?

If Qatar is flush with money and everyone else is making good salaries should the construction workers who actually plan to build your spectacle get Qatar-esque wages or will they continue being paid a pittance? How do you think FIFA would deal with any potential fallout from such a vast salary disparity?
Qatar is keeping a close eye on this issue, unlike Dubai Qatar isn't built on "slave labour" Qatar in fact is building up a project named "Barwa alBaraha" and it will be for the workers of companies, they will have there accommodation (53000 workers), Dining halls, hospital, sport fields, shopping malls, cinemas and the world's largest truck park to eliminate trucks parking around Doha's streets (handles 4000 trucks)




Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:27 PM   #896
qatarson
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 471
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
I dare a guess and say that the Qatar government would have some say of how well such workers are compensated. Or you do you think we are naive?
there a german company transfered to court due project delay which decided to pay compensation and transfer the project to local company plus there no funding problems like dubai or salaries problems everyone paid here the highest rate in world even the low jobs compared to anywhere in the world.
qatarson no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #897
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

Acctualy Azerbaijan has the lowest unemployment rate 0.4.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #898
Qatar Son 333
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Posts: 8,001
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
That's all great and stuff for leading up to things but they are events on a much smalled scale. The WC is the worlds Largest Tournament. And they are very central to only a region not a world.
Solopop, It shows that there is some sporting history ! the guy claimed there is no sporting history, and we do have it ! and Solopop, its crucial to have these events to go forward and host the large events like the World Cup or the Olympics, all of these sport events will surely help Doha's bid for 2020 Olympics, since the last bid Doha host more and more sport events.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #899
Melb_aviator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,208
Likes (Received): 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Qatar is keeping a close eye on this issue, unlike Dubai Qatar isn't built on "slave labour" Qatar in fact is building up a project named "Barwa alBaraha" and it will be for the workers of companies, they will have there accommodation (53000 workers), Dining halls, hospital, sport fields, shopping malls, cinemas and the world's largest truck park to eliminate trucks parking around Doha's streets (handles 4000 trucks)




Looks good, but why is there this push to house construction workers in defined areas in the GCC? It does give that exclusion zone feeling and alienates those workers.

Certainly is a decent sized project though.
Melb_aviator no está en línea  
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:37 PM   #900
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Solopop, It shows that there is some sporting history ! the guy claimed there is no sporting history, and we do have it ! and Solopop, its crucial to have these events to go forward and host the large events like the World Cup or the Olympics, all of these sport events will surely help Doha's bid for 2020 Olympics, since the last bid Doha host more and more sport events.
Then if you go by that Australia far more deserves it than Qatar!
Solopop no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
qatar 2022

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu